|“||My name is Zoma. I rule the dark world. So long as I live, this world too shall be smothered in darkness. Suffer and despair for me. your suffering is my joy... All that has life shall become my sacrifice. The world will know despair.||„|
|“||Why do you struggle to live? My joy is thy destruction. My beauty thy death! Come forward then; and die in peace!||„|
Zoma (ゾーマ Zōma) is the final boss of Dragon Quest III. He is a demon King who ruled over Torland, he sealed away the creator of Torland, Rubiss, and blocked much of Torland and kept only a continental landmass called Alefgard. Zoma then sent a being named Baramos to conquer the upper world. He was defeated by the hero of Dragon Quest III, who went to Alefgard. Zoma was finally defeated by this hero deep in the basement of his castle. However this fight was not easy, Zoma has a robe that makes him extremely powerful and resilient, the hero was forced to use the Orb of light to ward away its powers. Upon his defeat, the hero was given the title of the hero of Legend, Erdrick
Powers and Stats
Name: Zoma, the Demon King
Origin: Dragon Quest
Age: Ageless, a primordial being from the beginning of time in some form or another
Classification: Demon King
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Summoning, Breath Attack, Ice Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Explosion Manipulation, Teleportation, Magic, Petrification, Power Nullification, Resurrection, Forcefield Creation, Attack Reflection, possible Immortality (Type 3) (if Calasmos meant his soul reincarnated into Zoma), Sealing
Attack Potency: Low Multiverse level (Sealed away Alefgard from "all other worlds" shrouding it in darkness and defeated Rubiss, who created Torland. He is described by an oracle to be a fundamental dark analogue to the Goddess and is a wellspring of power who counteracts and clashes the Goddess' power of light. Should be comparable to Calasmos and fought Erdrick who is an incarnation of the Luminary of Dragon Quest XI, and was able to destroy the Sword of Kings albeit over the course of three years trying. The Sword of Kings was the Super Sword of Light which, when corrupted, could destroy Erdwin's Lantern which is a universe and the much weaker forged Sword of Light could destroy the Sphere of Time which contained all of history)
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: Low Multiversal (Stronger than Malroth)
Durability: Low Multiverse level, higher with the Robe of Darkness
Stamina: Very high
Standard Equipment: Robe of Darkness (Grants him virtual indestructibility, makes his spells more powerful, and makes him attack faster)
Intelligence: Very high, could foresee what will happen in later Dragon Quest games.
Weaknesses: Zoma is weak to holy magic and his power can be counteracted by holy relics such as the Sword of Kings or Sphere of Light
- Defeated and sealed away Rubiss, who created Torland which is a massive collection of continents as large as our world, alongside stars and a sun and moon
- Blocked away the rest of Torland from Alefgard
- Is described by an oracle to be a fundamental wellspring of power who has existed since the beginning of time
- C-C-Cold Breath: Breathes out a massive blast of freezing cold icy breath.
- Kacrackle: Summons massive pillars of ice which skewer or bludgeons the opponent to death.
- Disruptive Wave: Causes the opponent to lose all added status bonuses.
- Bounce (IX): A spell that protects the caster from enemy attack spells, not by reducing their strength, but by throwing them back at the caster.
- Big Bang (Monsters): Causes a large explosion which soon causes a massive chain of smaller explosions.
- Megaheal (Joker 2): Heals a huge chump of Zoma's health
- Blade Blunter (Joker 2): Nullifies sword attacks