|“||So admit it... Don't I look cool in the game screens? Those long, muscular legs on my sturdy, toned frame... I'm the perfect specimen of a man! ...What!?!? You say I look fat and my quadruple chin looks like a waterfall of flab? Shut up! That's just because you have your television set up for widescreen display!||„|
|~ Wario, Wario World|
|“||My game is a smash hit! This shouldn't surprise anyone–it's the brainchild of me, the greatest video game designer in the history of everything! So, all that money the game is making is MINE MINE MINE! But everyone is conniving against me, saying, 'We designed your microgames! We want to get paid!' AARGH! They didn't do SQUAT! They're not gonna get anything! WHA?! HEY, quit doodling on my gorgeous, yet manly, face!!!||„|
Wario (Japanese: ワリオ, Wario) is a recurring character in the Mario series. He is an obese, muscular, hot-tempered, and greedy man, and Mario's yellow-and-purple clad arch-rival. He usually appears as an antagonist, or in some cases an anti-hero. His name is a combination of Mario's name and the Japanese word warui (悪い), meaning "bad". Wario's greed pushes him to commit malevolent acts, such as the seizing of Mario's castle. Wario has also proven to be very cunning as he has tricked Mario on many occasions. He often goes out on his own adventures, from stealing treasure to running a microgame making company. Wario has helped heroes of the Mushroom Kingdom on a few separate occasions as well.
Powers and Stats
Tier: Low 5-B | 4-A | Varies from 4-A to 3-C
Origin: Mario Bros
Age: 24-25 (Same age as Mario)
Powers and Abilities:
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Underwater Breathing (Type 2), Self-Sustenance (Type 1), Fourth Wall Awareness, Vehicular Mastery, Acrobatics, Can create explosions by farting, Can create quakes with his ground pound, Can create great shock waves simply by punching the ground, Can (sometimes) hurt ghosts, possible Genius-Level Intellect, Can create a clone himself, Immortality (Type 3), Regeneration (Mid-High. Capable of instantly regenerating from a pile of ashes in the WarioLand games), Hypnosis, Mind Control, Electricity Manipulation, Energy Manipulation, Energy Projection, Afterimage Creation, Time Manipulation, Telekinesis, BFR (Via Inhale), Power Absorption (Most of his enemies' attacks end up giving him his forms), Several transformations and items that grant him abilities such as: Flight, Shapeshifting and Power Mimicry (With Mario and Luigi caps), Statistics Amplification, Invisibility, Fire Manipulation, Invulnerability, Paint Manipulation, Creation, Weather Manipulation, The capability to see invisible things, Resistance to Diseases, Heat and likely Absolute Zero Ice (Has travelled in areas such as The Toxic Landfil, Fiery Cavern and 40 Below Fridge without problems), Cosmic Radiations, Black Holes, etc.
Striking Strength: Small Planet Class+ | Multi-Solar System Class | Varies from Large Star Class to Galactic
Durability: Small Planet level+ (Took hits from the Shake King) | Multi-Solar System level | Varies from Multi-Solar System level to Galaxy level
Stamina: Very high
Range: Standard melee range, higher with transformations
Standard Equipment: Disguise Rod, Balloon Suit, Garlic, Pots that give him hats with different powers, Power Flower and Wario Bike
Intelligence: Varies between Below Average and Extraordinary Genius depending on the area. While he's often portrayed as simple-minded, Wario can create inventions in a brief period of time, such as an inter-dimensional travel device in order to enter a TV show's reality. Although not having previous software experience, Wario started Wario Ware, Inc. and his first minigame release was a huge financial success. Wario's shown to be a skilled pilot, being able to operate space ships, fighter jets, biplanes, motorcycles, go-karts, attack submarines, and mechas. Furthermore, Wario was able to conquer Mario's realm by hypnotizing all of its people and even potential players through a magic spell into turning against their hero.
Weaknesses: Wario is extremely greedy and sometimes lets his nature overtakes him, causing him to go out of control occasionally, even going as far as to double-cross his friends. Wario-Man's strength and speed randomly change every time he transforms and he can even be weaker than his normal self, to a point where he unable to break a toaster with his bare hands. Because of his hot-headed and clumsy personality, Wario doesn't consistently use his intelligence to the fullest as he's been easily tricked and hardly ever uses strategy.
- Dash Attack: Wario's signature move. He rushes towards and rams the opponent with his shoulder. There's a more powerful variation called 'Super Ram', where he charges headfirst and runs even faster into the point he creates afterimages.
- Earthshake Punch: Wario punches the ground hard enough to create an earthquake and shockwaves, causing opponents to be stunned and different effects on the environment such as making blocks fall or building structures rise.
- Power Throw: Wario will charge up energy and throws the enemy or object with incredible power.
- Smash Attack: It's essentially Wario's version of the series' Ground Pound, where he slams the ground with his rear. He has a much more powerful variant where he creates afterimages and a re-entry effect.
- Wild Swing-Ding: Wario swings his opponents around at incredibly fast speeds, taking out other opponents surrounding him.
- Pile Driver: Wario slams his foe hard into the ground, damaging other enemies caught in the impact.
- Corkscrew Conk: Wario turns into a destructive, spinning ball and attacks flying enemies.
- Wario Waft: Wario attacks with his flatulence, which is powerful enough to create a mushroom cloud. He has a variation called 'Gas Mask' where he runs faster while leaving a toxic trail, causing his opponents to be confused if they are unfortunate enough to get caught in the vicinity.
- False Wario: Wario creates a doppelganger of himself to fool his enemies.
- Magic Spell: Wario, through unknown means, can cast a spell that puts people under his control. It's only used once in Super Mario Land 2.
- Magic Weapon: Wario forges a weapon of pure energy in shape of a hockey stick. It's only used once in Mario Sport Mix in a fight against the Behemoth.
- Belly Blast: Wario's Super Strike. He surrounds himself with lightning then strikes the target with his stomach, leaving a trail of lightning on the target.
- Swelled-Up Wario: Wario's Mega Strike. Sucking in large amounts of air that almost seem to form a small tornado, he swells up to balloon size and gets a pink face. After rearing back slightly, he unleashes all the air full force into the target, resulting in a fiery explosion and a gunshot-like sound with the target having a re-entry effect after the strike.
- Captain Wario that allow him to row through water in a inner tube, or even go completely underwater in a submarine and shoot torpedoes.
- Genius Wario that allow him to see invisible doors, blocks, platforms, etc. and use a boxing-glove on an Ultra Hand.
- Sparky Wario that allow him to bring a small amount of light into a pitch-black room, power up electric machines and attack enemies with his electric powers.
- Vampire Wario that allow him to defeat any enemy on touch and go to Vampire Bat form that can make him fly.
- Wario Man that allows him to fly and jumps higher and survives the vacuum of space, he also becomes substantially faster, stronger and invincible to all damage.
Key: Wario Land Series (Land, World and Master of Disguise) | Composite | When powered up by a Power Star