Void Manipulation, also known as Nothingness Manipulation is the ability to control and manipulate a void: nothingness or non-existence.
- Manipulation of Nothingness: The primary use of this ability, one's control over a 'nonexistent substance'. Naturally this may allow them to be resistant to the effects of existence erasure, as often interacting with a Void also causes one to be converted into a Void, although this may not always be the case.
- Conversion to Nonexistence: The user of this ability might be capable of turning targets to nothing. This can range from only turning the matter of the target to nothing to also turning things like its energy, mind, soul, space, time and/or concept to nothing. Note that most users of this ability have not the full range of the ability. Further note that one shouldn't list a character to have resistance against this ability in total, as that requires a character to have shown resistance against every imaginable ability which can erase a target.
- Conversion to Existence: The inverse of Existence Erasure. The user may be able to move something from a state of nonexistence to existence, such as reversing the effects of the aforementioned power through their innate control over nothingness. Note that this alone is not justification for Void Manipulation as much as it can be a side-effect of having it. Like conversion to nonexistence, this may be limited in scope, such as only being able to conjure physical objects as opposed to minds, souls, or concepts.
- Nonexistent Interaction: Since the user of this ability can treat "nothingness" as if it was a physical object they could manipulate, they can, in turn, affect beings that do not exist given that they also have the ability to perceive them. Note that it should not be assumed a character can 'manipulate' another character who is nonexistent, although it can be assumed that they can at least interact with characters who do not exist.
- The scope of what exists and does not can vary greatly depending on the verse in question, so some uses of this ability can be far more potent than others.
- Various characters from The Elder Scrolls
- Exdeath, Cloud of Darkness, and others from Final Fantasy
- Oblivion, Mikaboshi, and others from Marvel Comics
- The Overvoid, The Decreator, Pralaya and others from DC Comics
- Todash Darkness from The Dark Tower
- Shiki Ryougi from Nasuverse
- Lord of Nightmares from Slayers
- Dimentio from Paper Mario
- Warp beings from Warhammer 40,000
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.