All credit goes to Lina Shields.
Edward Erects a Statue [Edward] Chapter 2
Scaling the size of statue's fist to Cornello...
- A person's clenched fist is usually just over 3 inches, or 0.08m wide
- Assuming an average person is 1.8m tall, that makes the ratio of height/width of fist is about 1.8/0.08 = 22.5x
- Cornello head width = 16.64px = 0.3m
- Fist width = 106.3px = 1.916m
- Statue height = 22.5*1.916 = 43.11m
Volume of human body = 0.076 m^3, using 1.8m for height.
- Square-cube law gives us = [[43.11m/1.8m]^3]*[0.076 m^3] = 1044.07m^3, or 1.044e9 cc.
Since FMA explicitly mentions deconstruction and reconstruction as an alchemical process, the energy required to destroy = energy required to create.
As for what this means, the energy required to bust statue would be = energy required to create the statue.
Using fragmentation in any case.
- Energy required to bust statue = [1.044e9 cc]*[8 J/cc] = 8.352e9 Joules. 2 Tons. Large Builing level
Edward Fires a Cannonball [Edward] Chapter 4
Reading from this chapter here, Alphonese's armor can deflect bullets with impunity. Guaranteed Wall level durability for Alphonse physically. Moving on...
|“||Edward is small for his age, standing at only 149 cm (4'11") at the beginning of the series||„|
|~ Edward Elric|
- Edward Elric's height = 1.49m
Arm length is 0.4x that of person's height; multiply height by 0.4
- Edward Elric arm length = 77px = 0.6m
- Cannon hole diameter = 71.6px = 0.558m [Radius = 0.279m]
- Volume of cannonball = [4/3]*[Pi]*[[Radius = 0.279m]^3] = 0.091m^3
- Density of steel = 8050kg/m^3
- Mass = Volume*Density = 732kg
Now for kinetic energy...
- Speed of cannonballs = 100 to 250m/s. Using 100m/s as a minimum.
- KE low = 0.5*[732kg]*[[100m/s]^2] = 3660034 Joules. Wall level
- KE high = 0.5*[732kg]*[[250m/s]^2] = 22875214.07 Joules. Wall level
A Hole is Created [Scar] Chapter 7
In Chapter 7 of FMA, we can see that when Hawkeye fired a shotgun round, it made a cut on the side of Scar's head despite the bullet only grazing it. It would mean that Scar's physical durability is not strong enough to tank military-grade ammunition with impunity. Wall level
From images 1 and 2 Scar's height = [190px/146px]*1.49 = 1.94m
- Scar's arm length = height*0.4 = 0.776m = 32px
- Hole diameter = 262.5px = 6.362m [Radius = 3.18m]
- Brick length = 17px = .412m
From image 3
- Brick length = 22px = .412m
- Hole thickness = 15px = .281m
Finding the volume of hole destroyed. Modelling this as a cylinder.
- Radius = 3.18m
- Height = thickness = 0.281m
- Volume cylinder = [Pi]*[Radius^2]*[Height] = 8.927m^3, or 8927100cc
Using fragmentation values for rock, we get a value of [8927100cc]*[8 J/cc] = 71416805.4 Joules. 0.0171 Tons of TNT. Small Building level
Edward Dodges Bullet [Edward] Chapter 8
Apparently, the magnum that Doctor Marcoh uses moves at 709 to 882 meters per second?
We'll average it out and use a speed value of 795.5m/s.
- Index finger width = 35.9px = 0.02m [personal measurement]
- Distance to Edward's forehead = 167px = 0.093m
- Speed of bullet = 795.5m/s
- Timeframe = [0.093m]/[795.5m/s] = 1.169e-4 seconds
Looking at Edward's height here...
- Edward head size = [22px/146px]*[1.49m] = 0.225m = 90px
- Edward movement = 105px = 0.2625m
- Edward speed = Distance moved/Timeframe = [0.2625m]/[1.169e-4s] = 2245.5m/s, or Mach 6.6. Hypersonic