Good ol' Yarael Poof has always been one of my favorite Jedi. I meant to do this calc a few days ago but I got caught up in some work.
Statements and scans here. Ripped directly from Matt's comment.
- "Split Coruscant in half"
- "A weapon capable of destroying an entire planet" / "A disturbance in the Force large enough to rip apart a world"
- "An entire planet being wiped out"
- "It could destroy a planet"
- "Destroy a planet and throw the Republic into chaos"
- "Tear an entire planet apart"
And finally, this:
- "The release of it's energy will be like nothing the galaxy has ever seen. Coruscant's destruction will be a beacon visible from the core worlds to the outer rim."
Yarael Poof managed to overpower that, if memory serves (been ages since I skimmed the comic). Plety of good planet busting statements. However, Coruscant isn't actually Earth sized. It's slightly smaller.
Method #1: Planetary parameters
Importing that diameter to Stardestroyer.net, we get a result of 1.982e+32 J
Small Planet level+
Method #2: Kinetic energy
Matt mentioned that it probably moved the planet. I forget the exact argument but I am a man of the people.
I have a feeling this end may be a bit controversial, but oh well.
12,240 / 2 = 6,120 km radius
(4 × pi × 6,120^3)/3 = 960,158,377,938 km^3
So 9.6015837793800002e+20 m^3
Earth has a density of 5,515.3 kg/m^3
9.6015837793800002e+20 * 5,515.3 = 5.2955615e+24 kg
Escape Velocity with these values is 11.4128 km/s, so 11,412.8 m/s
I know escape velocity isn't required to leave its orbit, but this should serve as a decent lowball nonetheless.
5.2955615e+24 * 0.5 * 11,412.8^2 = 3.4487875e+32 J
Results and thoughts
- GBE: 47.37 Zettatons
- KE: 82.42 Zettatons
So, skimming the notes, it seems like the Shaa was said to be able to destroy planets so it was locked on Coruscant. Might mean we can slap a generic 5-B tiering on it for being capable of destroying planets of unspecified size