Not a fan of this feat, but here's the calc.
Using Daftlogc, I get a total length of Manhattan of 21.07km.
This is ignoring the potential hyperbole but meh
This does seem to be the full diameter of the island, so, diameter of 21.07 km (306 px) (10.535 km as radius), and the height is 135 px
306 / 135 = 2.26666666667
21.07 / 2.26666666667 = 9.29558823528 km
Method 1: PE
Volume = cone = (pi × r2 × h)/3
(pi × 10.535^2 × 9.29558823528)/3 = 1,080.375 km^3 (1.080375e+12 m^3)
Density of Continental Crust is 2,700 kg/m^3
1.080375e+12 * 2,700 = 2.9170125e+15 kg
The calc by Gwyn assumed fragmentation, however, Iron Man only destroyed a portion of the rock. The following calcs used KE, but there's no timeframe to base it off of, so I'll use PE as a safer alternative. We don't see the full height that the island was up, but this s better then just assuming a timeframe I think.
Height is 474 px
474 / 306 = 1.549
21.07 * 1.549 = 32.63 km (32,630 m)
PE = mgh
- Mass: 2.9170125e+15 kg
- Gravity: 9.8
- Height: 32,630 m
2.9170125e+15 * 9.8 * 32,630 = 9.3278476e+20 J
222.940 Gigatons of TNT
Method 2: Fragmentation
This is very wonky and assumpetion based, but here we go:
Height of the mountain: 1,080,375 m and 430 px
Height of the bit where the rocks are being ejected is 81 px, so
430 / 81 = 5.308
9.29558823528 / 5.308 = 1.751 km. Lets cut that in half so we get 0.8755 km
Volume of a sphere is (4/3) × π × r3
(4/3) × π × 0.8755^3 = 2.81 km^3, or 2.81e+15 cm^3
However, at best, he only fragmented half of a sphere, so:
2.81e+15 / 2 = 1.405e+15 cm^3
Fragmentation of Rock is 8 j/cm^3
1.405e+15 * 8 = 1.124e+16 J
2.68 Megatons of TNT
Small City level
Method 3: Blasting himself (still frag)
According to APM, Iron Man blasted himself all the way through the island. Tony is 1.98 m in most of his armors, give or take.
So, his height is 551 px, and his shoulder length is 241 px. I'll assume the diameter of what he blasted through is equal to his shoulder length since we can't see the damage done.
551 / 241 = 2.286
1.98 / 2.286 = 0.866m / 2 = 0.433m in radius.
Volume of a cylinder. pi * radius^2 * height. We'll use the diameter of the mountain as the height.
pi * 0.433^2 * 21,070 = 12,410.5263502 m^3 (12,410,526,350.2 cm^3)
12,410,526,350.2 * 8 = 99,284,210,801.6 J (23 Tons)
City Block level
Hopefully for the final time.
Okay, I had some realizations.
- He is not going into the island at the center. You can very clearly see the edge of the island in the panel, and you can see a small depression between it and another mound meaning it's not the highest part of the island. So, instead, it's a much smaller part of it.
This is the mound that he's most likely hitting at, and it is 45 px.
135 / 45 = 3
9.29558823528 / 3 = 3.0 km
I was previously scailing the entire thing, not just the mound. 263 px.
263 / 81 = 3.24
3 / 3.24 = 0.92 km (0.46 km)
Volume of a sphere = 0.41 km^3 (4.1e+14 cm^3)
4.1e+14 * 8 = 3.28e+15 J
Large Town level+
Basing depth off an ejected rock
I hate Iron Man now.
Out of all the ejected rocks, this one is the closest to the blast, and seems like the depth was actually ejected. There are bigger rocks, but it doesn't look like their width was the ejected aspects, but their width. If another calcer has issue with this, I can use another rock.
It has a depth of 35 px.
263 / 35 = 7.5
0.92 / 7.5 = 0.122 km
Volume of a cone = 0.027 km^3 (2.7e+13 cm^3)
2.7e+13 * 8 = 2.16e+14 J
This end assumes he rushed all the way. Again, he didn't go in pure center so this changes things quite a lot.
The island has a width of 306 px, and he flew roughly 239 px into it.
So the diameter is 306 px, or 21.07 km. The distance he rushed was only 248 px, so
306 / 248 = 1.23
21.07 / 1.23 = 17.13 km
pi * 0.433^2 * 17,130 = 10,089 m^3 (1.0089e+10 cm^3)
1.0089e+10 * 8 = 80,712,000,000 J
Reasons why I dont lke this feat
So, not to sound rude, but what the heck guys? This feat just isn't really usable, at least for his "normal" stats, why do we use it for his entire tier? There's a few things wrong with it, such as:
- Tony himself says that his repulsars would be worthless against something like this, so his typical attacks obviously do not scale.
- He has to "full power" hit the rock at full power, which he words as if it's an unusual thing.
- He doesn't seem overpower the KE or destroy the entire thing. We just seen him ram into the mountain.
- He apparently run all the way through it, not really destroying it or overpowering its KE
- The KE is based off an assumed timeframe.
- It leaves his armor almost completely busted.
- Version 1
- PE: 222 Gigatons (Large Island level)
- Frag: 2.68 Megatons (Small City level)
- APMs method: 23 Tons (City Block level)
- Version 2
- Frag: 789 Kilotons (Large Town level+)
- Frag 2: 51 Kilotons (Town level+)
- APMs method: 19 Tons (City Block level)
- Frag: 789 Kilotons (Large Town level+)