For discussion about the scaling, go here
Basically pick any random bit after this point in the video and you'll see mentions of the cavern shaking. With that out of the way, we can utilize the method used here to measure its AP
- Scale and Distance
- First we need to establish the size of the cavern, refer to the screencap on the right, not only it is noted to be 3km across but also to have cliffs (this last bit being important to establish the intensity).
- Just to reiterate the shaking is caused by the unborn Angrya manyuu alone, and the area is large enough to be considered a cliff
- Having established that the cg above is showing us a cliff formation, we will use the next screencap to establish how damaged it is as result of the quaking
- Ground is shown sliding here
- The ground splits so fast a falling boulder appears to be falling slowly.
- We'll use the image found on our Earthquake Calculations to figure out the intensity. The effects seem to best match a XII in the scale (Damage nearly total, Large rock masses displaced, lines of sight and level distorted), which corresponds to a Richter magnitude of 9+ according to the table on the aforementioned page.
- Magnitude at epicenter: 9+0.0238*3km = 9.0714
- Energy: 10^[1.5*( 9.0714 )+4.8] = 2.5532891515338885e18 joules
- Result: 610.250~ Megatons of TNT, Mountain level+
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.