|“||Death's vastness holds no peace. I come at the end of the long road. Neither human, nor devil... all bends to my will.||„|
|~ The Demi-Fiend's Dying Message|
The Demi-Fiend (人修羅, "Hitoshura") is the protagonist of Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne. Through the tradition of the series, he is a silent protagonist, where his personality is based on the players' actions and decisions. At the beginning of the game, the Demi-Fiend is a blank slate, being unsure of the role he is to play in the world that is to come; creator or destroyer, master or servant. This is most clearly seen when Kagutsuchi scans his heart at the moment of the Conception. The divine being finds nothing there, no defined ideas or motives, and decides he needs to find his own ideology and Reason in the Vortex World.
During the game, his personality develops further depending on the choices of the player, molding him into a follower of either Reason or a person who rejects all of them, either through weakness, a true desire to see the world reborn, or an honest wish to end the eternal cycle of death and rebirth. The definitive moment is when Kagutsuchi, at the entrance of the Tower of Kagutsuchi, again scans his heart and determines what lies within.
Through the player's choices throughout the game, the Demi-Fiend's personality can be developed further, revealing character flaws and strengths, changing others' viewpoints of him and affecting the possible ending, redefining the laws of reality and creating a new world.
He may support the Reason of Musubi, the belief of solitude and individualism. In this new universe, every individual would live in their own independent world, shaped from their mind to be their personal paradise, though fully separate from all other living beings. He may support the Reason of Shijima, based on stillness and oneness, and the suppression of human desires. It is a world of perfect harmony, without passion, conflict and destruction, and finally fully devoid of individuality. Or he could support the Reason of Yosuga, formed from elitism and the survival of the fittest. In this world, those who are weak are undeserving of life, while only the strong may become rulers, and power is the most important thing there is. It is a world of paranoia, fear and carnage.
However, the Demi-Fiend may choose to reject all said reasons and follow his own path. In the Demon Path, he will lack the Reason to create a new world, and instead chooses to forego the process of creation, leave the Vortex World as the barren, desolate land populated solely by demons that it is. Through the Freedom Path, the Demi-Fiend may revert the world to how it was before, and every human being killed by the Conception is reincarnated, though as explained by Kagutsuchi, the world of men is one of chaos, suffering and without future.
Finally, the Demi-Fiend may walk the True Demon Path, rejecting all Reasons and freeing himself from the last vestiges of his humanity. Becoming a complete demon of Darkness, allying himself with Lucifer, he kills Kagutsuchi, ending the cycle of Death & Rebirth, the Amala Universe and the concept of time itself. He and Lucifer then march onward, leading all demonkind in the final battle against God himself.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 7-B, higher with Willpower | Low 1-C, higher with Willpower | 1-A, higher with Willpower | 1-A, higher with Willpower | 1-A, higher with Willpower
Name: The Demi-Fiend / Hitoshura, The Demonic Man, The Chaos King, Naoki Kashima (Drama CD name), Shin Managi (Nocturne Konton name)
Origin: Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne
Classification: Human | Demi-Fiend/Half-Demon | Demon
Powers and Abilities:
Attack Potency: City level (Should be comparable to weak demons such as Pele, the personification of volcanoes and Porewit, a demon capable of laying waste to mountains and towns), higher with Willpower | Low Complex Multiverse level (Defeated very powerful demons such as the Norse God Thor as well as the Archangels Gabriel, Raphael and Uriel all at once), higher with Willpower | Outerverse level (Superior to both Beelzebub and Metatron. Killed Kagutsuchi), higher with Willpower | Outerverse level (Comparable to a serious Lucifer who was impressed at his strength after their fight), higher with Willpower | Outerverse level (On par with the other Messiahs, who he fought with against an unrestrained Stephen), higher with Willpower
Speed: Relativistic combat and reaction speeds (Should be superior to weak demons such as Plasma who can attack with electromagnetic waves), higher with Willpower | Immeasurable combat and reaction speeds (Kept up with three of the archangels), higher with Willpower | Irrelevant combat and reaction speeds (Matched the likes of Metatron and Kagutsuchi), higher with Willpower | Irrelevant combat and reaction speeds, higher with Willpower | Irrelevant combat and reaction speeds (Kept up with Stephen), higher with Willpower
Lifting Strength: Unknown, higher with Willpower | Immeasurable , higher with Willpower | Immeasurable, higher with Willpower | Immeasurable, higher with Willpower | Immeasurable, higher with Willpower
Striking Strength: City Class, higher with Willpower | Low Complex Multiversal, higher with Willpower | Outerversal, higher with Willpower | Outerversal, higher with Willpower | Outerversal (Able to somewhat harm Stephen with his attacks), higher with Willpower
Durability: City level, higher with Willpower | Low Complex Multiverse level (Took hits from three Archangels at once), higher with Willpower | Outerverse level, higher with Willpower | Outerverse level (Unaffected by the collapse of the Amala Multiverse. Comparable to a serious Lucifer), higher with Willpower | Outerverse level (Took hits from Stephen, who was not holding back), higher with Willpower
Stamina: Superhuman. Can fight his way through dungeons infested with powerful demons
Range: Standard melee range. Dozens of metres with Magic | Standard melee range. Low Complex Multiversal with Magic and Skills | Standard melee range. Outerversal with Magic and Skills | Same as before | Same as before
Standard Equipment: Various parasites called Magatama
Intelligence: Genius. A very skilled combatant. Became Lucifer's right-hand man and the General of his armies in the final war against God by overcoming demons with countless years of experience and knowledge, such as Beelzebub and Metatron
Weaknesses: Observation is a phenomenon that happens entirely on the unconscious level and is intimately tied to his own beliefs, thoughts and subjective experiences, and thus its full applications, although vast, are not something that is able to be freely utilized in battle. Most of his Magatama have weaknesses that make him vulnerable to certain types of attacks, and he can only equip one magatama at a time | Same as before with Observation except he does not have any physical or magical weaknesses with the Masakados Magatama
Magatama: Magatama(マガタマ?) are a parasite entity appearing in Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne, which functions as a combination of armor, weapon and spellbook. According to Lucifer, Magatama are the very essence of demons. When the protagonist is turned into the Demi-Fiend, a horn grows on his nape, serving as a symbol of him being one with the Magatama. Through the development of this horn, the Demi-Fiend acquires the actual powers of a demon and is capable of using magic and directly interacting with demons. At first, Demi-Fiend merely develops the strength to fight with demons on equal terms, as well as communicate with a variety of races for possible purposes of negotiation, recruitment, and collecting information. As he grows stronger, the Magatama grants him new abilities ranging from regular attacks to special powers that no demon has ever seen.
- Marogareh: Base Level Dark Magatama, and the Demi-Fiend's initial Magatama. Focuses mainly on physical attacks, though also contains low-level Stat Boosting.
- Wadatsumi: Base Level Neutral Magatama, focused on Ice magic. Absorbs Ice Spells.
- Ankh: Base Level Light Magatama focused on Healing magic. Absorbs Light / Expel Spells.
- Iyomante: Low-Level Light Magatama focused on support skills, such as weakening the enemy. Absorbs Mind Spells.
- Shiranui: Low-Level Dark Magatama focused on Fire magic, but also contains some Stat Manipulation. Absorbs Fire Spells.
- Hifumi: Low-Level Neutral Magatama focused on Force magic, but also contains some Stat Manipulation. Absorbs Force Spells.
- Kamudo: Low-Level Neutral Magatama focused on physical attacks, though also contains Stat Manipulation.
- Narukami: Mid Level Light Magatama focused on Electrical magic, but also contains some Stat Manipulation. Absorbs Lightning Spells.
- Anathema: Mid Level Dark Magatama focused on Curse magic such as weakening the enemy and Death Spells. Absorbs Dark / Death Spells.
- Miasma: Mid Level Dark Magatama focused on Ice magic. Absorbs Ice Spells.
- Murakumo: Mid Level Neutral Magatama focused on Stat Immunities.
- Nirvana: Mid Level Light Magatama focused on Expel magic. Absorbs Light / Expel Spells
- Muspell: Mid Level Dark Magatama, focused on Status Affecting magic, containing some Mind Manipulation.
- Djed: Mid Level Neutral Magatama, focused on -kaja magic. Amplifies Demi-Fiend's stats while weakening his enemy's. Absorbs Curse Spells.
- Geis: Mid Level Light Magatama focused on Healing magic. Absorbs Light / Expel Spells.
- Satan: High-Level Dark Magatama focused on magic growth and Special magic. Absorbs Dark / Death Spells.
- Gehenna:High-Level Neutral Magatama focused on Fire magic, though also contains Stat Manipulation and Durability Bypassing. Absorbs Fire Spells.
- Kamurogi: High-Level Light Magatama focused on physical attacks.
- Gundari: High-Level Dark Magatama focused on Force magic. Absorbs Force Spells
- Vimana: High-Level Neutral Magatama focused on physical attacks, though contains Stat Manipulation. Absorbs Nerve Attacks.
- Adama: High-Level Light Magatama focused on Electrical magic, though contains Stat Manipulation.
- Gaea: Top Level Dark Magatama focused on Physical Attacks.
- Sophia: Top Level Light Magatama focused on Healing magic. Absorbs Light / Expel Spells.
- Kailash: Top Level Neutral Magatama, focused on Almighty magic and Protective Spells.
- Masakados: The Magatama that holds Ultimate Power. Capable of utilizing the strongest Almighty Spell, Passively repelling Fire, Ice, Lightning, Force and Physical attacks, Bypassing all Durability and Absorbing Physical / Magical / Light / Expel / Dark / Death / Ailments Spells.
True Demon Magatamas:
- Marogareh: The true power of Demi-Fiend's first-ever magatama is unlocked if he chooses to follow Lucifer and be reborn as a demon. Through this, the Demi-Fiend learns Pierce, a passive ability which lets him bypass resistances.
- Spiral Viper: After deeply inhaling and gathering attention to the upper body, he emits a beam of light with a green thunder toward the enemy.
- Divine Shot: Demi-fiend extends his arm and projects a ray of light that hits a single target.
- Gaea Rage: Demi-fiend concentrates his power, causing the ground to erupt. In some games this skill is an almighty attack, while in Shin Megami Tensei V it is a resistance negating physical attack. In Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne, it is a high-level multi-target physical attack.
- Xeros-Beat: After his power, Demi-fiend's body is made to emit light, and a myriad of light rays are emitted from him toward the enemy party. It has a chance to inflict paralysis.
- Javelin Rain: While throwing Shiden at his feet, the Demi-fiend drops his hips and performs a rolling sobat from there, and shoots a myriad of light rays at the enemy party. It has the chance to seal all the magical skills of an opponent that is hit by it.
- Deadly Fury: The Demi-fiend puts his hands together as if drawing a sword, forming energy into a blade before drawing it in a horizontal slash towards the enemy.
- Oni-Kagura: The Demi-fiend creates a cocoon-shaped mass composed of purple energy in front of his face before it sprays into many different projectiles onto the enemy party.
- Magma Axis: The Demi-Fiend conjures flames on both palms, then launches a blast of heat towards a single target.
- Chaotic Will: A skill Demi-fiend has access to in Shin Megami Tensei V. It halves the number of turns the opposing party can take and has a chance of instantly killing them as well.
Buffs and Debuffs: A set of skills that, as the name implies, allows the caster to greatly amplify their own physical attributes and reduce that of their foes, thus allowing one to stand up to much stronger opponents by closing or even reversing the gap in power between them. Outside of gameplay limitations, they can be stacked indefinitely, and sufficient usages of buffs allow the caster to survive attacks that would otherwise obliterate them with only minor injuries and amplify their speed to the point of completely outspeeding opponents that could previously predict all of their movements, while debuffs have a directly proportional effect on the enemy's statistics.
- Tarukaja: Raises party's physical attack by one stage
- Makakaja: Raises party's magical attack by one stage
- Sukukaja: Raises party's speed by one stage
- Rakukaja: Raises party's defence by one stage
- Tarunda: Lowers the opponent's attack by one stage
- Sukunda: Lowers the opponent's speed by one stage
- Rakunda: Lowers the opponent's defence by one stage
- War Cry: Lowers the opponent's attack power by two stages
- Fog Breath: Lowers the opponent's speed by two stages
- Dekaja: Removes all of the opponent's buffs
Almighty Attacks: The highest class of spells in the Megami Tensei franchise, consisting largely of powerful non-elemental attacks that have the special property of completely bypassing any resistances or immunities that a target may possess, be them innate or magically enforced, with the latter of which including anything from reflective barriers to items that distort the very laws of the universe in order to protect the user from all forms of damage, and they are likewise unable to blocked, dodged or drained.
- Megidoloan: Unleashes a wave of destructive energy which deals heavy damage to all foes to different degrees each, and also has the added effect of forcibly dragging an opponent into its area of effect should they be outside of it, engulfing them in "the complete annihilation beyond death."
- Freikugel: The Demi-fiend charges magical power in front of his face, before launching deadly beams from his eyes at a single enemy. It has the highest offensive power Demi-fiend can learn, and exerts unreasonable power when applying auxiliary magic.
Key: Early-Game | Mid-Game | Late-Game | True Demon | Messiahs in the Diamond Realm
Note: Only Demi-Fiend's unique and/or notable skills are shown in his attacks/techniques section. For a more comprehensive list of abilities the Demi-Fiend can learn as well as what they can do, please visit the wiki
|Discussion threads involving Abu2411/Demi-Fiend (Revised)|