Marianne von Edmund is a character in Fire Emblem: Three Houses. She is a noble from the Leicester Alliance, and a student who attends the Officers Academy at Garreg Mach Monastery. She is very antisocial, and rarely interacts with others. Some people have never even heard her speak before. On the other hand, she loves animals, and often spends time talking to them. She is also very religious, and regularly prays to the goddess.
Later on, it is revealed that her low self-esteem was mostly due to her Crest, the Crest of the Beast, which was believed to cause great misfortune. In spite of this, she becomes much more confident over the course of the story, and learns to accept herself for who she is.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 7-C | At least 7-B, possibly far higher
Name: Marianne von Edmund, Marianne, Survivor of the Curse
Origin: Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Age: 17 (Pre-Timeskip) | 23 (Post-Timeskip)
Classification: Human, Noble, Priest, Crest-Bearer, Student of Garreg Mach Monastery, Student of the Golden Deer house | Orator
Powers and Abilities:
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Weapon Mastery (While she mainly uses magic, she has a talent for using swords and lances), Magic, Elemental Manipulation(Of the Wind, Lightning, Ice, and Light variety), Healing (Can heal herself and others through multiple means), Damage Boost (Depending on the Magic or Combat Art, she can deal extra damage to certain types of enemies. Can also deal extra damage with her Crest), Statistics Amplification, Summoning (Can summon a battalion to help her in battle), Damage Reduction (Via Miracle), Limited Power Nullification (Via Silence), Resistance to Power Nullification (Via Unsealable Magic), Possibly Transformation (Maurice's Crest was able to corrupt him into becoming a Demonic Beast)
Same as before, Damage Boost (Via Beast Fang)
Attack Potency: At least Town level (Should be comparable to users of Meteor) | At least City Level+ , possibly far higher (Has a Heroes' Relic, which should be roughly half as strong as the Sword of the Creator. Assisted in the defeat of Maurice)
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: At least Town level | At least City Level+, possibly far higher
Durability: At least Town level (Should be comparable to her Attack Potency) | At least City Level+, possibly far higher (Should be comparable to her Attack Potency)
Range: Extended melee range normally, tens of meters with Magic
Standard Equipment: Training Sword, Vulnerary | Blutgang, Vulnerary
Intelligence: Gifted (Is a highly skilled orator. Demonstrates high reasoning ability, can master concepts with few repetitions, and display high performance capabilities in intellectual, creative, or specific academic fields)
Weaknesses: She initally lacked confidence, and had low self-esteem, but this doesn't affect her as much Post-Timeskip. Her magic and gambits have limited uses per battle.
- Blutgang: Blutgang is a regalia sword that debuted in Fire Emblem: Three Houses. It is a Hero's Relic, and is tied to the Crest of the Beast. This sword was lost to time since it's original wielder, Maurice transformed into a Demonic Beast, and was removed from Fodlan's history. It grants users with the Crest of the Beast access to the Beast Fang Combat Art.
- Training Sword: The Training Sword is a basic wooden sword, often used for training.
- Seiros Sacred Monks: Provides a passive bonus of -1 Physical Attack, +5 Hit Rate, +2 Resilience, and +1 Charm. The associated gambit is Resonant White Magic.
- Resonant White Magic: A gambit that heals all allies within its area of effect.
- Vulnerary: Restores 10 HP to its user, and has three uses.
Here are some abilities that Pre-Timeskip Marianne has been shown to have:
- Sword Prowess Lv1: When wielding a sword, +5 Hit Rate, +7 Avoid, +5 Critical Avoid.
- Faith Lv3: When using white magic, +7 Hit Rate, +13 Avoid, +7 Critical Avoid.
- Animal Friend: The personal ability of Marianne. Restores 20% of the user's HP when adjacent to a mounted ally.
- Heal: Allows the user to use Heal on an ally, even if they have not learned it. Doubles the uses of the spell if the user has already learned Heal.
- White Magic Heal +5: Heals 5 additional HP to an ally when healing with white magic.
- Miracle: Has a chance to allow the user to survive otherwise lethal blows, depending on their Luck stat.
- Warding Blow: If the user initiates combat, +6 Resilience.
- Unsealable Magic: Prevents the user from being Silenced.
Here are some combat arts Marianne can perform:
Sword Combat Arts:
- Wrath Strike: Increases the Might, and Hit rate of an attack.
- Grounder: Effective against flying units.
- Soulblade: Deals damage based on the foe's Resilience stat.
- Beast Fang: Effective against Cavalry, and Dragons.
Here are some magic spells Marianne can learn:
- Blizzard: Basic ice magic. Casts ice spikes from the ground to attack the target.
- Fimbulvetr: Advanced ice magic. Casts a giant ice spike to attack the target.
- Cutting Gale: Intermediate wind magic. Casts a gust of wind to attack the target.
- Thoron: Advanced lightning magic. Casts a lightning beam to attack the target.
- Heal: Basic light magic. Heals an adjacent ally.
- Physic: Basic light magic. Used to heal allies up close, or at a distance.
- Nosferatu: Basic light magic. Recovers HP equal to 50% of damage dealt.
- Silence: Intermediate light magic. Prevents the target from using magic.
- Aura: Advanced light magic. Assails foes with rings of light.
Crests (紋章 Monshō) are a game mechanic introduced in Fire Emblem: Three Houses. They serve as combat enhancements that empower the wielder of one special properties in battle. These can range from damage increase to attacks or reservation of spell usage. Crests are fixed to specific characters and cannot be removed. Their effects act as passive Skills that activate randomly, activating it more often if they have a Major crest or occasionally if it is a Minor crest. Marianne is confirmed to have only one Crest:
- Minor Crest of the Beast: A crest thought to cause great misfortune. Inherited from Maurice, an elite removed from Fodlan's history. Occasionally increases might when using a weapon.
Key: Pre-Timeskip | Post-Timeskip