For detailed information about this franchise, visit TFWiki.net.
|“||MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE!||„|
|~ The series' catchphrase|
Transformers is a franchise originating in 1984 containing numerous toylines, cartoons, animes, mangas, comics, text stories, video games, films, and OVAs. The plot usually revolves around the conflict between two races of robots, the Autobots and the Decepticons both from the planet Cybertron. As indicated by the name, they can transform into various alternate forms.
Transformers is a multiverse so thread creators should specify which version they're using. Transformers is an ever-expanding multiverse. Its cosmology divides its multiverse into various "universal clusters" which are themselves divided into numerous "universal streams" (countless divergences, timelines, etc.).
Major universal clusters:
- Primax—the Generation 1 continuity family. Points of commonality between universal streams in this cluster involve the forces of Optimus Prime and Megatron battling over the resources of Earth. It also includes the Beast Era, a possible future which both factions evolve into the small and semi-organic Maximals and Predacons.
- Viron—the 2001 Robots in Disguise continuity family, a small cluster in which Optimus Prime's Autobots combat Megatron's Predacons.
- Aurex—the Unicron Trilogy continuity family. In this cluster, the Autobots and Decepticons struggle over such power-boosting items as Mini-Cons and Cyber Planet Keys while also contending with the threat of Unicron.
- Tyran—the live-action movie continuity family, a violent cluster in which the search for the lost AllSpark brings the Autobots and Decepticons to Earth, and humanity becomes heavily involved in the conflict.
- Malgus—the Animated continuity family, a cluster in which the war has ended and Cybertron is at peace, and Optimus Prime's Autobots are superheroes on a near-future version of Earth.
- Uniend—the Aligned continuity family, a cluster where Cybertron was poisoned by Dark Energon and left uninhabitable for a long time by Megatron in his war against Optimus Prime. Although previously separate from the rest of the multiverse, its quantum membrane was recently punctured by the passage of the Dark Spark. Later events in this cluster's streams involve Bumblebee taking command of a small team of Autobots to fight Steeljaw.
Minor universal clusters:
- Fornax—the Kre-O continuity family, home to modular brick-built Transformers.
- Iocus—a cluster essentially made up of overlapping aspects of other clusters, it is home to forgettable side-merchandise like Hero Mashers, Bot Shots, Construct-Bots, Battle Masters, and Attacktix, populated by 'bots functionally indistinct from their counterparts elsewhere in the multiverse, giving the outward appearance of worlds in which characters from different universes exist side-by-side.
- Nexus—the technologically advanced cluster where the TransTech world of Axiom Nexus resides.
- Quadwal—the "real world", in which Transformers exist primarily as toys.
- Yayayarst—the Go-Bots continuity family, home to the Go-Bots of Botropolis.
Fringe universal clusters:
- Cymond—the continuity family of various TakaraTomy non-Transformers franchises, right on the border between the Multiverse and the wider Megaverse.
- Gargent—the GoBots continuity family, home to the Guardians and Renegades of Gobotron.
- Lukas—the Star Wars Transformers continuity family, where the Jedi battle the Sith using transforming mecha. This cluster is said to have "thin barriers", and overlaps with realities from elsewhere in the Omniverse.
- Rovio—the Angry Birds Transformers continuity family, a cluster where the dimensionally-displaced "EggSpark" accidentally changed the natives of Piggy Island into the Autobirds and Deceptihogs.
- Xobitor—the Robotix continuity family, home to the Protectons and Terrakors of Skalorr.
Within the multiverse 15,962,782 universal streams have been cataloged, according to the TransTech Cybertronians there are a more which haven’t been cataloged (59,927,225), and Bug Bite claimed that there are even more than that (more than 15 quadrillion). For the numerous catalogued universal streams, see here.
Power of the Verse
Due to the many universal streams of the Transformers franchise, the power often varies by a large margin. Below is an overview of the streams currently on the site.
Arguably the most powerful Transformers verse, the IDW versions of the characters possess a whopping Universe level Attack Potency, possibly even ranging to Low Multiverse level. As for speed, characters routinely dodge laser fire, including Arcee's impressive point-blank evasion of Ultra Magnus' blaster fire, coming in at a Relativistic+ feat, which several other characters scale to. Numerous powers and abilities are collected between these Transformers, including Megatron's Antimatter Manipulation, Nova Prime's Death Manipulation, and wide variety of powers granted by Shockwave's Regenesis Ores. All in all, this verse is extremely high-powered.
While not nearly as impressive as the previously mentioned stream, these characters are still casually Mountain level in terms of Attack Potency, with speed ranging from Subsonic to Hypersonic. All of the characters in this verse can transform into animals from real life, such as dinosaurs, bugs, and mammals. As stated before, it isn't the most powerful verse, but it shouldn't be looked over.
Considerably weaker than even Beast Wars in most regards, this stream features an Attack Potency ranging from Building level to Large Building level. While this may not seem very impressive, artifacts such the Star Saber and Dark Star Saber give Optimus Prime and Megatron a huge boost all the way up to Planet level. Speed varies by character, typically ranging from Subsonic to Supersonic, with the exception of Megatron's "Revived" key's FTL. While far weaker than previously mentioned streams, this verse is still powerful in it's own right.
A very large step up from Prime, the Animated characters possess a fine Island level Attack Potency. As for speed, it's still in the Subsonic to Hypersonic range, which is still fairly impressive. In the end, a verse with characters that tank Island level explosions multiple times make for a pretty powerful one.
While not quite the weakest universal stream of Transformers, it's still pretty close. However, this does not imply it's to be considered "weak" by any means. With Attack Potency coming in at Multi City-Block level, the characters of this verse make for some pretty impressive street-levelers. Speed has also taken a step up from previous streams, at least for characters like Megatron, who has Massively Hypersonic speed. Others still mainly range from Subsonic to Supersonic. At the end of the day, these characters can easily destroy multiple city-blocks, making for a fairly impressive verse.
Supporters and Opponents of the Series
- Not Icarus
Primax cluster (The G1 Continuity Family, Beast Wars)
Malgus cluster (Transformers Animated)
Tyran cluster (Michael Bay movies/Live-Action)
Uniend cluster (Transformers: Prime/Aligned Timeline)