FANDOM


  • A recent vs battle was closed, unjustly in my opinion. Long story short, this fight between Yang vs Inasa was closed recently because of two people out of 17 who started declaring the fight a stomp. Two people. Keep in mind that one of these two were actively vouching on a character winning(among others) before declaring it a stomp and promptly notifying a mod before it could be added to their profiles.

    We have already debunked this notion that this is a stomp, but I and others have gone through their other contributions anyway, and we have noticed a pattern with this specific individual where they declare matches stomps in order to not show up as a loss on their favorite characters. This individual is not the only one who does this, people have admitted to doing this deliberately. This isn’t okay. I feel that we should either unlock the thread right now, or add it to their respective profiles.

    this was my suggestion before changing my mind:

    A stomp vote.

    The only way to prevent a minority of two from silencing nearly 20 people who say otherwise is to let people vote. The rule of stomps not being added to profiles should stay in effect, but if the community can determine the characters who win in a fight, we should then also be able to determine how badly a character beats another.

    Tl;Dr: Let us vote on stomps, there should be no room for bias from one person to affect a decisive match.

    I hope we can learn from this moving forward and not have bias influence stomp threads from now on.

      Loading editor
    • The issue with this is someone could just as easily bebiaset against a certain character, verse, or even another user and just vote against them because of that

        Loading editor
    • WeeklyBattles wrote: The issue with this is someone could just as easily bebiaset against a certain character, verse, or even another user and just vote against them because of that

      That’s the whole point of making it a vote. If they’re very obviously shown to be biased, you call them out for it and debate their reasonings. Otherwise, if this person were, let’s say a content mod, your opinion wouldn’t matter, and they can just close the thread at any time. they can convince an admin they're close with to end the thread.

        Loading editor
    • Okay, let me give an example, say someone makes a match between Batman and Light Yagami, a direct fight with no people time under standard battle condition. By our stomp rules this would be a stomp match because even though Light CAN kill batman via the death note there is no viable scenario in which he would be able to as batman dominated him in a fight any day of the week. However under your proposal if someone decides that this match is fair they can get people who will just agree with them or who favor batman over light or who dislike death note to just agree that it's not a stomp, which completely invalidates the rules laid out by the staff and favoring majority rules over accuracy.

        Loading editor
    • I mean, if the mod doesn't revise the thread he should be notified in case it's not a stomp.

        Loading editor
    • I agree that stomp threads are called on extremely commonly. In the Inasa vs Yang case, Weekly as the one in question was in fact arguing Yang would win quite decisively before others stepped in on Inasa's part. Then once Inasa was winning, went in for it being a stomp, as well as not the first time this has been done. 

      While i see their point, Yang does of course have a viable win con like they were so confident in addressing. Yang isn't new to wind manip since dust uses that, and once her Semblance is strong enough she can withstand Inasa's winds against her like she did with Flynt Coal (While he was using sound, there was still an active force she was overcoming against her motion) to get close. Her one shot capability is of course still a factor also, and she is a well rounded and experienced fighter, id say more so than Inasa. 

      She held multiple advantages and did have win cons. Ergo its not a stomp. Weekly had a lot to argue for Yang winning, but suddenly called it stomp. These can be seen as hypocritical. I also disagree that 2 people against a far larger amount saying it wasn't a stomp isn't democracy to say the least. 

      I'd also like to say that while bias can be clear, and bandwagon votes can sometimes interfere, this is usually more to the RWBY side on this wiki more than anything, and was what was going to let Yang win initially before the tides turned on that thread. Unless something can be done about that problem in general, its not like it was some uneven playing field. 

      I would prefer we give Inasa the win in all fairness, instead of ruling worthy matchups stomps after many many posts arguing the exact opposite side beforehand. and perhaps rework the FRA system if people are generally worried about bandwagon voting

      Also the Batman vs Light example doent really match as one is through literal death hax that are dependent on a certain factor unlike the thread Yang vs Inasa in question. 

        Loading editor
    • @Jinx You are aware that there is no rule against people changing their minds regarding who they think would win in a vs thread right?

      And no, the BAtman vs Light example matches the Yang vs Inasa one perfectly as Yang can instakill with one punch but there is no scenario in which she would be abl to viably do so as her opponent dominates her in combat and he would not ever just sit there and allow her to do something that would kill him.

        Loading editor
    • Also it was already explained that Yang has never dealt with wind attacks before, which she hasnt, and Inasa can just fly away to wait out the few seconds that her semblance lasts.

      And no, if anything there is a bias AGAINST Rwby here.

        Loading editor
    • I mean, just talking about the Light vs Batman example (assuming Light has his DN, a pen and knows Bruce's name), it wouldn't be a stomp. since:

      "Both characters have several methods of winning, including options that allow them to win instantly. However, one character can reliably use/activate their winning move(s) first."

      For as long as there is a wincon (even if it's not reliably usable or even never usable for that matter), it's not a stomp.

        Loading editor
    • To speak on the matter, every time I asked about a viable win condition for Yang, the only response I got was “Inasa might make a mistake” despite the fact that there is no indication of that character making mistakes often. That condition is so negligible I don’t believe it can be considered viable at all

        Loading editor
    • Regarding BakiHanma's observation, the only way for that not to be a viable wincon would be to assume Inasa makes no mistakes. This is a no-limits fallacy. We have to include the possibility of Inasa getting caught off guard just once for a split second, ending up getting tagged resulting in a one-shot. Not to mention, the only reason Yang isn't stomping Inasa right now is because the OP of that match changed the conditions to speed equalization, where otherwise Yang could not only outrun Inasa's wind but power through it. 

        Loading editor
    • WeeklyBattles wrote:
      Also it was already explained that Yang has never dealt with wind attacks before, which she hasnt, and Inasa can just fly away to wait out the few seconds that her semblance lasts.

      And no, if anything there is a bias AGAINST Rwby here.

      May I ask who in this thread or the other is anyone biased against rwby? Was it those who voted Inasa from the beginning of the thread? Was it the people who initially voted Yang but changed their mind?  Or was it the people who debunked the misconception that Yang doesn't use physical ammunition? 

      Do not misconstrue this as a personal insult towards you, but it appears to me that you lack awareness of your own bias for RWBY. Other users have pointed out that this isn't an isolated incident of you declaring RWBY's decisive losing threads as stomps, and despite the fact that there were a fair amount of people voting for both sides, you now declare that the thread is biased against the show? 

      Cmon now.

        Loading editor
    • RatherClueless wrote: I mean, just talking about the Light vs Batman example (assuming Light has his DN, a pen and knows Bruce's name), it wouldn't be a stomp. since:

      "Both characters have several methods of winning, including options that allow them to win instantly. However, one character can reliably use/activate their winning move(s) first."

      For as long as there is a wincon (even if it's not reliably usable or even never usable for that matter), it's not a stomp.

      Except Light cant because that would require him to either ask batman his identity, figure out batmans identity in a few seconds before he gets his skull punched in, or make the shinigami eyes trade which he would never, ever do in character. Ergo its a stomp.

        Loading editor
    • MilesTheMorales1 wrote: Regarding BakiHanma's observation, the only way for that not to be a viable wincon would be to assume Inasa makes no mistakes. This is a no-limits fallacy. We have to include the possibility of Inasa getting caught off guard just once for a split second, ending up getting tagged resulting in a one-shot. Not to mention, the only reason Yang isn't stomping Inasa right now is because the OP of that match changed the conditions to speed equalization, where otherwise Yang could not only outrun Inasa's wind but power through it. 

      The battlefield was a clear open field, there is nothing for Yang to use to be able to catch him off guard.

      Speed equalization means nothing in determining stomps

        Loading editor
    • Let's not make this a Batman vs Light thread. 

        Loading editor
    • MilesTheMorales1 wrote: Let's not make this a Batman vs Light thread. 

      Then lets not focus on this being a Yang vs Inasa thread either

        Loading editor
    • WeeklyBattles wrote:

      The battlefield was a clear open field, there is nothing for Yang to use to be able to catch him off guard.

      Speed equalization means nothing in determining stomps

      Again, no limits fallacy is at play here. You can't just say there is ZERO possibility for mistakes on Inasa's end, you're mistaking viability with probability. 

      also,

      One character has more ways to win than the other, but the other character wins more times than not due to matchup specifics that allow/cause them to use their winning move(s) immediately. - Stomp Thread page examples of decisive/non stomps
      This is what the thread in question is. Speed Equalizing is a matchup specific that causes Yang to not speed blitz, outrun Inasa's wind or simply power through it. That's three whole wincons that are tossed out the window due to speed not being a part of this match.

      That alone makes this decisive, along with the (admittedly unlikely but still possible) wincon she already has.

        Loading editor
    • WeeklyBattles wrote:

      MilesTheMorales1 wrote: Let's not make this a Batman vs Light thread. 

      Then lets not focus on this being a Yang vs Inasa thread either

      This is a false equivalence because the Yang v Inasa thread is why this one exists, and is one of the main topics at hand. 

      That being said, I change my mind. Talk about Batman vs Light all you want if it helps your argument.

        Loading editor
    • MilesTheMorales1 wrote:
      Regarding BakiHanma's observation, the only way for that not to be a viable wincon would be to assume Inasa makes no mistakes. This is a no-limits fallacy. We have to include the possibility of Inasa getting caught off guard just once for a split second, ending up getting tagged resulting in a one-shot. Not to mention, the only reason Yang isn't stomping Inasa right now is because the OP of that match changed the conditions to speed equalization, where otherwise Yang could not only outrun Inasa's wind but power through it. 

      But in fairness, isn't it just as likely for Yang to make a mistake? If both characters can make a mistake, which they can, that negates the viability of that as a win con

        Loading editor
    • @Miles Okay then, like i asked in the other thread, name one instance in which Inasa could possibly make a mistake

        Loading editor
    • BakiHanma18 wrote:

      But in fairness, isn't it just as likely for Yang to make a mistake? If both characters can make a mistake, which they can, that negates the viability of that as a win con

      I don't see how this would cancel out. Yang is probably more likely to mess up than Inasa, but it doesn't negate the possibility of the wincon. 

      In other words, it's more likely for Inasa to win against Yang, but the odds of Inasa winning doesn't rule out every chance Yang has. That's why this is a decisive fight and not a stomp, like if Robin fought Perfect Cell or Jiren where he would have no chance of even tagging them in a real fight, let alone dealing damage.

        Loading editor
    • MilesTheMorales1 wrote:
      BakiHanma18 wrote:

      But in fairness, isn't it just as likely for Yang to make a mistake? If both characters can make a mistake, which they can, that negates the viability of that as a win con

      I don't see how this would cancel out. Yang is probably more likely to mess up than Inasa, but it doesn't negate the possibility of the wincon. 

      In other words, it's more likely for Inasa to win against Yang, but the odds of Inasa winning doesn't rule out every chance Yang has. That's why this is a decisive fight and not a stomp, like if Robin fought Perfect Cell or Jiren where he would have no chance of even tagging them in a real fight, let alone dealing damage.

      To begin with, the odds of one of them messing up is negligible to begin with, but if they both have roughly an equal chance of messing up, that means while either of them COULD mess up, Inasa is still able to range spam. Inasa messing up is a win con for Yang, but it is in no way viable

        Loading editor
    • Again, a wincon that relies solely on the luck of a more skilled opponent making an unlikely mistake is not a viable wincon

        Loading editor
    • Just a heads up, someone said "Content Mod" despite the fact that Content Mods can't close threads. They can lock profiles, but it's Discussion Mods, Admins, and Bureaucrats that can close threads.

      As for the thread in question, it is heavily case by case on what does or doesn't contribute to a stomp. I do agree with Weekly that Batman Vs Light Yagami would be considered a stomp. Reason is because Light needs to know Batman's real name, which SBA heavily suggests he doesn't. Plus, Batman would blitz and oneshot him before Light even has a chance to right down his name. Plus, Batman doesn't have to wait 40 seconds for Light to die unlike Light needing to wait for Batman.

      However, decisive victories and stomps are two widely different things. If character A is only moderately stronger, faster, and smarter all at once, then character B could at least put up a decent fight before going down, it's decisive. A stomp is either where character B is 100% incapable of ending character A whether via knock out or death or if Character A doesn't just KO but obliterates character B.

      I'm neutral regarding some of the other examples, but just a reminder. It's important if both sides staff and non staff try to remain civil.

        Loading editor
    • Thank you Medeus

        Loading editor
    • I was the one who said "content mod," my apologies. It's fixed now.

        Loading editor
    • Voting for a stomp shouldn't be a thing because it would allow people to spite on a character and add completly unfair matches as losses

        Loading editor
    • Btw as a heads up, I can't be here all the time to debate every point because of school, so my apologies if it takes me a while to respond to an argument.

        Loading editor
    • Overlord775 wrote:
      Voting for a stomp shouldn't be a thing because it would allow people to spite on a character and add completly unfair matches as losses

      That was addressed in my OP, consider rereading it. I specifically said that "The rule of stomps not being added to profiles should stay in effect."

        Loading editor
    • MilesTheMorales1 wrote: That was addressed in my OP, consider rereading it. I specifically said that "The rule of stomps not being added to profiles should stay in effect."

      But thats just it, what youre proposing is that people can vote to say that a stomp match isnt a stomp and then get it added

        Loading editor
    • WeeklyBattles wrote:

      But thats just it, what youre proposing is that people can vote to say that a stomp match isnt a stomp and then get it added

      If the community votes that it's not a stomp, then that's how it will be treated: not a stomp. More often than not, stomp matches are agreed upon by the community, and if you disagree with a match outcome, that's what CRT is for.

        Loading editor
    • Don'tTalk made a similar thread regarding this topic. His proposal was that if the verdict of a long and drawn out debate was that A stomps B then this match should still be added as a valid match. Its not obviously a stomp if you can manage to debate for a extremly long time.

        Loading editor
    • MilesTheMorales1 wrote: If the community votes that it's not a stomp, then that's how it will be treated: not a stomp. More often than not, stomp matches are agreed upon by the community, and if you disagree with a match outcome, that's what CRT is for.

      And again, this is just asking for people to spite threads by getting stomps added to pages

        Loading editor
    • ^

        Loading editor
    • For example, when I argue a character that I know well, I like to discuss and run through all possible win cons to check if they are viable. Only after discussing all possibilities and still getting shut down do I concede something is a stomp, as that literally what a stomp is: a match where one character has no actual chance against another

        Loading editor
    • Yeah we've been getting more than our fair share of spite matches until recently as well as potentially controversial matches that usually ends up branching out into CRTs that in turn leads to circular arguments which in turn leads to frustration that turns into ad hominems/poisoning the well and when "all" is say and done some folks forget (or ignore) what actually sparked the debate in the first place; i.e was the original match between character A Vs character B a stomp?.

      Ofc closing a VS thread just because a minority cried foul isn't fair nor productive however this is too broad of a subject to add more regulations/rules which might do more harm than good in the future (due to the subjective nature of fiction), as others have said already we have to evaluate each VS thread on a case by case process (decide if it's a stomp or not) I know it's not the quickest way however from the other processes that have been suggested now (and in the past), it all leads to encouraging potential spite/stomps in future matches.

      That's just my two cents.

        Loading editor
    • I agree that Vs matches should be case by case. Adding a separate voting system for stomps just incites even more people to spite the characters/verses.

      Ionliosite would literally spam “stomp” for every single mha battle where they might win. I don’t feel like dealing with that, nor does anyone else.

      If someone can just differentiate a stomp vs a decisive win, that should be enough. That’s seems to be the main issue presented here honestly.

        Loading editor
    • If someone argues that a character wins, then turns around and tries to argue that the match was a stomp from the beginning, you should be able to argue against them to prove why the match should stay. It can be quite obvious to see when someone has truly changed their stance from “on x characters side” to “can’t let x have a loss.”

      The point shouldn’t be to get something on a character’s profile anyway, it should be to determine who wins the fight. If an opponents stance changes because you proved your stance was better, pat yourself on the back. Just means their arguments and information were flimsy or worse than your own from the start, and they now recognize it.

        Loading editor
    • That's the standard procedure. If someone is trying to pull the stomp card, that's easily debunkable.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah I agree with King

        Loading editor
    • I agree with king, and therefore concede the stomp vote suggestion.

      Also, I still strongly believe that Yang vs Inasa wasn’t a stomp FRA. If even @WeeklyBattles agrees with it, shouldn’t we unlock the original thread? Or if the Grace period negates this action, can we just add this battle already?

        Loading editor
    • The Calaca wrote: That's the standard procedure. If someone is trying to pull the stomp card, that's easily debunkable.

      Noted. I’m hoping for an official concession from @WeeklyBattles on whether OG thread was a stomp or not.

      Until then, do I have permission to edit the OP to revising the thread topic to strictly “unstomping” Yang v Inasa?

        Loading editor
    • You should wait for his reply before that.

        Loading editor
    • The only reasoning that was given for that match not being a stomp is 'inasa could make a mistake'. That is not a viable argument for a stomp to not be a stomp, especially given the location the fight was in. X character could win via sheer luck is not viable, if that's the case then anyone could say that a meteor could randomly strike the opponent therefore the character who is getting stomped could potentially win and as a result the match is fair.

        Loading editor
    • Wow, comparing death by meteor to getting caught off guard. That's a new one.

      It's also one of the biggest false equivelence I have ever seen to justify an argument. I shouldn't have to explain why, but since you straight up ignore the other wincons presented such as speed blitzing, evading or powering through his wind(Only reason Yang doesn't is because of the fight conditions, which for this reason alone is not a stomp for Inasa to win) I will explain anyway to the best of my abilities.

      For starters, a meteor is not allowed to be used in a VS fight between two combatants. Unless a fighter is using telekinetic powers to move such an object or has insane probability hax, a meteor can be considered an outside force because neither character could have possibly influenced a meteorite strike on the other. Even if the chance were there (which it technically is, 1 in 250,000 to be precise), we couldn't use it because chance is the only factor in play here.

      In Yang vs Inasa, however, catching your opponent off guard (which you also falsely equated to just "sitting there" with the intent of letting Yang hit him) has everything to do with the skillset of the fighters. Yang activating her semblance creates a moderately large flash of light along with energy enough to shatter glass structures around her. Unless it's specified that Inasa has prior knowledge of Yang's abilities, this would without a doubt be a shock to him, which gives Yang an opening to attack. Inasa has above-average intelligence; maybe a gifted fighter would formulaically dish out the precise moves that would make this an even less likely wincon, but someone at his level isn't predicting Yang's actions to that degree.

      Now you should be able to see why this comparison is bad. One is chance based on the cosmological environment, and the other is solely focused on the characters' skills and tactics. I know you're not going to double down after this reasoning, but just in case you do, remember that you equated a 1-to-250,000 chance to the odds of basic human instincts. Since Inasa is never shown to be reactionless, or trained to have such quick reaction speeds or ignore instincts, you would have to concede that there is a viable chance of Inasa being briefly vulnerable to being caught off guard from Yang's semblance. 

        Loading editor
    • There is nothing yang can use to catch him off guard. He is in the air and the battlefield is an open field with no trees or environment she can even hide behind.

      Speed is equalized, yang cant speed blitz.

      Yang has nothing in her arsenal that would let her dodge aoe wind of that caliber.

      Yang can only power through his wind with a fully amped semblance which only lasts for a few seconds in which inasa would just fly away once he sees that his opponent suddenly got strong enough to brute force their way through his wind.

      Yangs semblance doesnt create light, it just sets her hair on fire, and she has never once used her semblance to blind people as people have looked directly at her while her semblance was activated and not been blinded.

        Loading editor
    • Again, the sole reason for this being argued as not being a stomp is yang somehow catching inasa off guard when there is nothing in her arsenal, nothing in the environment, and nothing in inasa's mindset that would viably allow that to happen. Hence the meteor comparison, under the circumstances of this fight yang catching inasa off guard is just as likely that a meteor strikes inasa.

        Loading editor
    • Can you read? You keep repeating the same points over and over even though I responded to them. Please don't do that again.

      WeeklyBattles wrote:
      There is nothing yang can use to catch him off guard. He is in the air and the battlefield is an open field with no trees or environment she can even hide behind.

      You don't need to sneak up on someone to catch them by surprise; unless you have full knowledge of your opponent's abilities, an unexpected visible change or action is enough to do this.

      WeeklyBattles wrote:

      Speed is equalized, yang cant speed blitz.

      I'm fully aware of the battle specifications, I'm glad you are too. I hope you also know that for this very reason, this battle is not a stomp. I've quoted the stomp thread wiki page enough already to prove this point, but you keep ignoring it. If fighter A beats fighter B due to battle conditions rendering B unable to use their winning move first, it's NOT A STOMP. You bringing this point up again doesn't dispute the fact that this is officially seen as a non stomp.

      WeeklyBattles wrote:

      Yang has nothing in her arsenal that would let her dodge aoe wind of that caliber.

      She would have quintupled his speed given that she is Hypersonic+ and he is Supersonic+, but speed is equalized, and therefore her acceleration wincons aren't used in this battle. Again, this makes this match not a stomp because we are limiting her speed in order for him to have the advantage.

      WeeklyBattles wrote:

      Yang can only power through his wind with a fully amped semblance which only lasts for a few seconds in which inasa would just fly away once he sees that his opponent suddenly got strong enough to brute force their way through his wind.

      I agree, this is a viable wincon for Inasa. It's also viable for Yang to tag him before he can fully react after being caught off guard.

      WeeklyBattles wrote:

      Yangs semblance doesnt create light, it just sets her hair on fire, and she has never once used her semblance to blind people as people have looked directly at her while her semblance was activated and not been blinded.

      1. I never once stated that her semblance blinded her opponents, this point is redundant. It is however definitely bright enough to catch someone off guard.

      2. It is shown in the Yellow trailer (which is canon) that activating her semblance does emit light, along with setting her hair on fire. This was enough to easily catch Hei Xong off guard. This wincon would be slightly less likely because Inasa is (assumably) more intelligent than Hei, but that doesn't make it impossible to pull off, let alone the odds of getting hit by a stray meteorite in battle.

      WeeklyBattles wrote:

      Again, the sole reason for this being argued as not being a stomp is yang somehow catching inasa off guard when there is nothing in her arsenal, nothing in the environment, and nothing in inasa's mindset that would viably allow that to happen. Hence the meteor comparison, under the circumstances of this fight yang catching inasa off guard is just as likely that a meteor strikes inasa.

      You gotta provide evidence for such a high claim. Without any proof, you can't make such an assumption. I need a statement that describes how he "never gets surprised by anything," or some sort of training that deals specifically with reaction. If you can't provide anything like that, we have to assume that his response to Yang's sudden change will be only slightly lower than the average person. I have already explained how this one wincon is viable, and provided other wincons that aren't allowed in this battle due to the conditions of the fight. The environment can have something to do with surprising a fighter with stealth, but Yang has done so without the use of it.

      In conclusion, Inasa is the most likely fighter to win in this match, but it is not impossible or abundantly unlikely for Yang to win. Thus, this battle is not a stomp, and this match should be added.

        Loading editor
    • First Witch wrote:
      Don'tTalk made a similar thread regarding this topic. His proposal was that if the verdict of a long and drawn out debate was that A stomps B then this match should still be added as a valid match. Its not obviously a stomp if you can manage to debate for a extremly long time.

      This is both true, and not true. In all fairness, there are people who will drag a debate into the ground for way, waaayy too long - but then again, they're the most likely to turn around and call it a stomp, in my experience.

        Loading editor
    • I mean, I definitly agree that it's a case by case.

      And in this case, catching people off guard is a relatively easy thing to do. With how aura and her semblance works, she'll be getting hit a lot before anything major happens.

      That means Inasa will get used to how far his attack push her, how much power she has, and so on. People get caught off guard by far less then a massive increase in AP in real life, which is why I can put a black belt against a brown belt (in karate, but it applies to any martial arts) and both could reasonably win despite one being obviously superior.

        Loading editor
    • MilesTheMorales1 wrote: snip

      I can read. You have not responded to anything other than just repeating the same thing over and over.

      Yang has two offensive abilities: Punching and kinetic shots. neither of them will catch Inasa off guard.

      Speed equalization does not make stomp matches fair.

      Speed equalized does not make matches fair again.

      She doesnt have anything that can catch him off guard so that point is moot.

      1. No, its not. It does not create any sort of flash at all. Ergo it would not catch him off guard.

      2. It. Does. Not. Create. A. Flash. It just sets her hair on fire. This is not a point of contention, this is a fact. As such, it is not viable to say that her activating her semblance would throw Inasa off guard, not to mention the fact that she'd have to be in his face to be able to do so which isnt happening.

      You have yet to provide any viable wincon for Yang that doesnt rely solely on sheer luck or Inasa being a complete idiot.

        Loading editor
    • You don't need flashes... suddenly becoming so strong that you can move through an enemy's attacks would catch any normal person off guard. Unless he is used against people that stat amp that much, or has some particular ability to predict this, he isn't just going to be completely unfaltering against anything that happens.

      If you think getting caught off guard by a massive boost in power like that makes someone an iditiot, then you must have a bad view of every single fighter on earth.

        Loading editor
    • @Ricsi Cool, Inasa in character would just fly away. And yeah, he has, his wind has blown away Todoroki's High 8-C+ flames

        Loading editor
    • WeeklyBattles wrote: @Ricsi Cool, Inasa in character would just fly away. And yeah, he has, his wind has blown away Todoroki's High 8-C+ flames

      Firstly, relatively certain her AP would be double his.

      Secondly, Todoroki wasn't unable to do anything for a whole fight then suddenly get a power boost that made him pass through his wind like nothing special.

      And lastly, people take time to react to stuff. He is no perfect being, he can be taken off guard by her just getting through his wind.

        Loading editor
    • This is Volume 4 Yang, her AP with her semblance is only 8 tons maximum

      Yang wouldnt suddenly get a power boost that would let her power through the wind either

      He would just fly away as he did in the manga.

        Loading editor
    • Basically Inasa stomps because he can and will freely fly out of Yang's reach, will constantly ragdoll her and keep her from ever getting anywhere near him with his High 8-C+ wind attacks that she will not be strong enough to muscle her way through or even resist until the last few seconds of the fight, will use his wind to blow away any projectiles she shoots at him, all of which are things he does in character, his weakness of heat is would not come into effect here as Yang's shots are nowhere near the heat of Todoroki's flames, and even if Yang uses her semblance she wouldnt be strong enough to power through Inasa's wind attacks and she would need to be close to him to be able to do any damage.

      Unless Inasa suddenly becomes a complete moron when he sees Yang get stronger from her semblance visibly activating and decides to stand completely still when she activates it, he stomps.

        Loading editor
    • Catching someone off-guard in this manner, while likely, would still not give Yang nearly enough time to force her way through the wind, get to him, and hit him. It's much more likely he'd be briefly shocked, and then react accordingly. Inasa is shown to be quite the adept hero in training, and adapting under pressure is kind of the name of the game for heroes

        Loading editor
    • And again, it does not. create a flash It just sets her hair on fire.

        Loading editor
    • WeeklyBattles wrote:

      MilesTheMorales1 wrote: snip

      I can read. You have not responded to anything other than just repeating the same thing over and over.

      Yang has two offensive abilities: Punching and kinetic shots. neither of them will catch Inasa off guard.

      Speed equalization does not make stomp matches fair.

      Speed equalized does not make matches fair again.

      She doesnt have anything that can catch him off guard so that point is moot.

      1. No, its not. It does not create any sort of flash at all. Ergo it would not catch him off guard.

      2. It. Does. Not. Create. A. Flash. It just sets her hair on fire. This is not a point of contention, this is a fact. As such, it is not viable to say that her activating her semblance would throw Inasa off guard, not to mention the fact that she'd have to be in his face to be able to do so which isnt happening.

      You have yet to provide any viable wincon for Yang that doesnt rely solely on sheer luck or Inasa being a complete idiot.

      Yup, I'm about done debating with you about this. All you've done is pretty much 'nope-you're-wrong'ed the majority of my arguments with one sentence responses, and if you don't do that you severely misrepresent my argument by responding to only half of what I said or something I never said. I'm done with your non-sequitors leading to NLF claims about Inasa being nigh impossible to surprise. I'm done with you arguing the same shit over and over just so you can use the same points again. Until you come up with something else to say to argue your point, I will no longer reply to you in this thread.

        Loading editor
    • Really? Just an fictional debate you goes mad and done like that? Really?

        Loading editor
    • My honest opinion:

      Guy who can fly against guy who can´t reach the guy flying= stomp

      This match in a Nutshell,nothing more to say

        Loading editor
    • I'm not mad @Velox, I just reckognized the grandiose waste of time trying to reason with Weekly is right now.

        Loading editor
    • Kazuma kuwabara wrote:
      My honest opinion:

      Guy who can fly against guy who can´t reach the guy flying= stomp

      We've already established that Yang can reach Inasa with her semblance, and her acceleration alone(if the fight conditions accounted for speed)

        Loading editor
    • Speed equalization does not make stomps fair

      Her semblance doesnt let her fly or give her anything that would let her catch Inasa in flight unless he was standing completely still

        Loading editor
    • That's just downplaying her pseudo-flight. She can propel herself towards him just fine.

        Loading editor
    • I never said speed equalizations "makes stomps fair," I said, citing the wiki rules many times, that they make it not a stomp.

      And now I'm cursing myself for replying again. You're just gonna ignore that fact again.

        Loading editor
    • Yes, key word being pseudo. Inasa has true flight, yang can only move in one direction and will also be dealing with wind blowing her around. She can go through it for only a few seconds while her semblance is active but if he changes the wind to blow her from the side as is in character for him to do she will have to change direction.

        Loading editor
    • Why would she be limited to one direction? Her gaunlets have more then enough energy to let her fly around, and are far easier to move around then her Ruby's schyte.

        Loading editor
    • They dont let her fly at all what are you talking about

        Loading editor
    • WeeklyBattles wrote:
      They dont let her fly at all what are you talking about

      I have no words lmfao

        Loading editor
    • MilesTheMorales1 wrote:

      WeeklyBattles wrote:
      They dont let her fly at all what are you talking about

      I have no words lmfao

      Did you not realize that Yang cant fly or...?

        Loading editor
    • WeeklyBattles wrote:
      They dont let her fly at all what are you talking about

      The very first time she uses the gaunlet, outside of her trailer, is to fly above the forest as the kick from the gaunlets keep her in the air.

      I think she also uses it to get to a nevermore's height, but I don't remember that fight that well.

        Loading editor
    • @Ricsi No? Propelling herself forward using the force of her gauntlets is not flight

        Loading editor
    • WeeklyBattles
      WeeklyBattles removed this reply because:
      18:51, February 13, 2020
      This reply has been removed
    • Yeah, Yang consistently uses the gauntlets to manuever in many directions. It's called pseudo-flight because she doesn't have free movement in the air, not because she cannot move at all. This sort of equivocation is why I debated not even talking to you anymore.

      Your reasonings are full of BS and hang on fallacious arguments and conjecture. Give up.

        Loading editor
    • Again, Yang can only use her gauntlets to propel herself in a single direction, she has to manually change her entire physical position in order to change direction. She does not have true flight and thus is nowhere near maneuverable enough to hit Inasa flying around.

        Loading editor
    • WeeklyBattles wrote:
      @Ricsi No? Propelling herself forward using the force of her gauntlets is not flight

      It is.

      You get energy that pushes you towards the direction you want to go mid air.

      The fact that the energy comes from the kick-back of a gun and not the air pushed by wings doesn't matter. She can move and go where she wants mid-air by shooting the opposite direction.

        Loading editor
    • WeeklyBattles wrote: Again, Yang can only use her gauntlets to propel herself in a single direction, she has to manually change her entire physical position in order to change direction. She does not have true flight and thus is nowhere near maneuverable enough to hit Inasa flying around.

        Loading editor
    • Why did you just delete and repost the same message? Is that supposed to make it more valid?

        Loading editor
    • Ricsi-viragosi wrote: It is.

      You get energy that pushes you towards the direction you want to go mid air.

      The fact that the energy comes from the kick-back of a gun and not the air pushed by wings doesn't matter. She can move and go where she wants mid-air by shooting the opposite direction.

      You do know that she is going to be pushing against an attack that is over 6x stronger than herself right?

        Loading editor
    • Miles. I made the thread, I don't really care about the fact it was labeled as a stomp. The most you can do for me now is vote on Yang Xiao Long vs Yo Shindo. Everybody's the same tier. Just no wind ragdolling. You don't have to do this, Miles. It doesn't bother me.

        Loading editor
    • stay friendly folks, keep your cool. 

        Loading editor
    • WeeklyBattles wrote:
      Again, Yang can only use her gauntlets to propel herself in a single direction, she has to manually change her entire physical position in order to change direction. She does not have true flight and thus is nowhere near maneuverable enough to hit Inasa flying around.

      Well, firstly, I'd ask some proof of that. She certainly should logically need far less movement then Ruby should, what with her needing to only move her arm instead of alining a whole two meter long scythe. And regardless, everyone in Rwby is nimble enough to do that stuff like second nature.

      And not being pushed away by wind is also a lifting strenght thing, you do know that, yeah? His most wide area effect stuff doesn't rip everything to shreds, even stuff far less durable than him. As long as she doesn't run headfirst into a whirlwind, which she can easily do by moving to the side with the help of her gaunlet, and she can just ignore the wind.

        Loading editor
    • WeeklyBattles wrote:

      WeeklyBattles wrote: Again, Yang can only use her gauntlets to propel herself in a single direction, she has to manually change her entire physical position in order to change direction. She does not have true flight and thus is nowhere near maneuverable enough to hit Inasa flying around.

      1. I guess the mandalorian can't fly because he has to change his physical position to move the jetpack forward.

      2. Way to affirm the consequence by ignoring the possibility that you don't need true flight to hit Inasa. 

        Loading editor
    • WeeklyBattles wrote:

      You do know that she is going to be pushing against an attack that is over 6x stronger than herself right?

      An attack that doesn't actually damage everything near it, yes.

      As long as she doesn't smash into it multiple times, she can just ignore it's pull.

        Loading editor
    • Ricsi-viragosi wrote:

      WeeklyBattles wrote:

      You do know that she is going to be pushing against an attack that is over 6x stronger than herself right?

      An attack that doesn't actually damage everything near it, yes.

      As long as she doesn't smash into it multiple times, she can just ignore it's pull.

      Except it does damage everything near it

        Loading editor
    • I know (most likely) everyone in this thread including me, would prefer leaving this lengthy debate.

        Loading editor
    • KingEzran wrote:
      Miles. I made the thread, I don't really care about the fact it was labeled as a stomp. The most you can do for me now is vote on Yang Xiao Long vs Yo Shindo. Everybody's the same tier. Just no wind ragdolling. You don't have to do this, Miles. It doesn't bother me.

      I understand you made the thread and you personally don't care. I just care about fair judgement in this wiki. I hate decisions based on bad logic, and therefore I'm gonna fight this decision by weekly. I think you're pretty chill, just know that I'm not doing this on behalf of you lol. I'll check out Yo Shindo v Yang shortly.

        Loading editor
    • KingEzran
      KingEzran removed this reply because:
      19:01, February 13, 2020
      This reply has been removed
    • Mr. Bambu wrote:
      stay friendly folks, keep your cool. 

      yes sir.

        Loading editor
    • WeeklyBattles wrote:

      Except it does damage everything near it

      No... no it doesn't. It didn't even slightly harm the balls, the buildings, or the weaker students when exposed to it.

      And you do realize that Inasa has both began talking before attacking, and was just randomly shot down by Orca before he moved out of the way despite the distance, yeah?

        Loading editor
    • @Ricsi From what three different MHA supporters told me on the previous thread and two on discord as well as what is written on both the MHA wiki and Inasa's own profile it damages things around it.

        Loading editor
    • MilesTheMorales1 wrote: 1. I guess the mandalorian can't fly because he has to change his physical position to move the jetpack forward.

      The Mandolorian doesnt need to constantly shoot out small bursts of flame to fly

        Loading editor
    • I side with you on some points. However, you also have to realize Weekly was an admin before retiring. He knows the rules better than you or me and has a lot more experience. 

      (Please listen to me, because I don't want you to sweep me, catch me, then say "You gotta go home, man." And for me to have to ask, "How do I know I won't mess it up again?" You simply respond, "You don't." I finish your remark saying "Right, it's a leap of faith." I widen my arms for you to drop me into my home dimension. And the scene finally escalates into a battle with you and Kingpin. (Don't ask how I have that scene memorized. Me and my dad have watched it a thousand times.) lol)

        Loading editor
    • I can't speak for @Ricsi, but me personally, I don't care what people on other forums or discords dedicated to MHA say about Inasa. You still can't prove your own arguments and instead cite a potentially biased sample.

        Loading editor
    • WeeklyBattles wrote:

      The Mandolorian doesnt need to constantly shoot out small bursts of flame to fly

      Birds have to align themselves with winds, flap both fronatal limbs and normally can barely make a 90 degree turn when at full speed, but they still are considered to fly.

      As for Inasa's wind, he can aim some visible streams around him, like when he guided Todoroki's fire, but he doesn't just rip everything to shreds around him. Or he doesn't. He does talk sometimes, and Orca "shot" him in a way that Yang could probably do if she didn't just wuickly punched towards him. (Tbh I can see her winning realatively often with her ridicolous lifting strenght edge, bullets and one-shotting, but that's me).

        Loading editor
    • @Ricsi Not true flight though

      lifting strength wont have any effect on this fight, trust me i argued that to hell and back in the previous thread and was debunked numerous times. She can only oneshot him with her semblance active which will never come into play as he'd just blow her away before she got close enough to land a punch.

        Loading editor
    • KingEzran wrote:
      I side with you on some points. However, you also have to realize Weekly was an admin before retiring. He knows the rules better than you or me and has a lot more experience. 

      (Please listen to me, because I don't want you to sweep me, catch me, then say "You gotta go home, man." And for me to have to ask, "How do I know I won't mess it up again?" You simply respond, "You don't." I finish your remark saying "Right, it's a leap of faith." I widen my arms for you to drop me into my home dimension. And the scene finally escalates into a battle with you and Kingpin. (Don't ask how I have that scene memorized. Me and my dad have watched it a thousand times.) lol)

      (Not before I demonstrate the infamous shoulder touch that definitely works every time on you, put on my best smexy smolder face and say "hey," sending you flying with my electrical energy)

      I see what you're getting at, but just because someone was an admin doesn't mean they are always right. This is an appeal to authority and a no limits fallac-XCHSCJXTCHHHHHHH (short circuits)

        Loading editor
    • That is literal semantics at this point. True or not, it gets the job done all the same.

      And yes it will. His wind won't blow her away without a concentrated hit (since even most students could whistand it  at a few meters of distance), and the little whirlwind he has around him isn't blocking bullets as strong as Yang without him actively putting effor into them.

        Loading editor
    • And? That still doesnt change the fact that Yang cant fly and cant power through his wind without her semblance active.

      Okay then let me ask, if all of what youre saying about his wind is true then why is he High 8-C+ with his wind attacks?

        Loading editor
    • Because he can focus his wind attacks. I'll try to get the video, but he pretty much has some wind blasts that are a meter wide (which is what he used against todoroki) and he has the wider range whirlrind that he used to eliminate a hundred plus students in a ball game.

        Loading editor
    • Just to clarify, @Risci-viragosi, are you arguing in favor of Yang winning or the match not stomping?

        Loading editor
    • Thn shouldnt his wind be 'Varies, up to High 8-C+'?

        Loading editor
    • MilesTheMorales1 wrote:
      Just to clarify, @Risci-viragosi, are you arguing in favor of Yang winning or the match not stomping?

      Eh, not sure. I could see her honestly winning just as much as long as she doesn't tip him of to her abilities (he has no idea her gaunlets are guns, for one).

        Loading editor
    • I mean the second she throws a punch it'd be pretty obvious

        Loading editor
    • Ricsi-viragosi wrote:

      MilesTheMorales1 wrote:
      Just to clarify, @Risci-viragosi, are you arguing in favor of Yang winning or the match not stomping?

      Eh, not sure. I could see her honestly winning just as much as long as she doesn't tip him of to her abilities (he has no idea her gaunlets are guns, for one).

      Apparently the odds are 1 in 250,000

      /s

      Imo, I think Yang would win, but because of the battle parameters set by the last thread, Inasa has more wincons.

        Loading editor
    • WeeklyBattles wrote:
      I mean the second she throws a punch it'd be pretty obvious

      You mean the second she starts shooting? It would still catch him by surprise, and it still leaves room for the other semblances that she has in store for him.

        Loading editor
    • Bump

        Loading editor
    • Since when is shooting things that look like fire something new to him? How would it catch him off guard? Even if it did catch him off guard its not enough to oneshot him even if it manages to hit him. And yang only has one semblance that doesnt work until the very end of the fight.

        Loading editor
    • The fact that the same thing caught him off guards once makes a good case for that.

      And it's a bullet. It can one-shot him if she hits him in his chest. It can certainly cause internal bleeding and the right, after which she can just tank long enough for the blood loss to get to him.

        Loading editor
    • WeeklyBattles wrote:
      Since when is shooting things that look like fire something new to him? How would it catch him off guard? 

      Are you saying that bracelets that turn into firearms wouldn't catch him off guard whatsoever? Or is it just the fire aspect that makes it unsurprising?

        Loading editor
    • @Ricsi The fact that hes faced it before means hes less likely to be caught off guard by the same thing twice

      It's not a bullet but okay

        Loading editor
    • @Miles seeing as bakugo exists neither should catch him off guard

        Loading editor
    • No it doesn't. Every single person has completely different powers in verse, if he tried to look out for every ability he saw he'd have an aneurysm.

      They work as bullets regardless.

      Like, seriously, why do you assume that the fact that he shares a verse with someone with certain powers means his prepared against them? Yang sure as hell isn't running in an enemy expecting them to be an illusion even tough Neo exists.

        Loading editor
    • You seem to fluctuate between whether or not Yang uses physical rounds or not.

      If it's not a physical bullet, and it's a pure energy shot, it should be unaffected by the wind. If it IS a physical bullet, well, I haven't seen Inasa fight against a firearm user so I can't comment for sure, but I'm leaning towards him only being able to slightly change the trajectory of a bullet and not completely stop or destroy them midair. 

      Either way, Yang hitting Inasa with her bullets and waiting for him to bleed out is yet another viable wincon. 

      As for Bakugo, his gauntlets are pretty big, and one can reasonably assume them to be weapons. Also they're in the shape of gigantic grenades, so it's not farfetched to predict his powers as well. You couldn't do the same if you looked at a base Yang with retracted gauntlets in the form of bracelets, and therefore it would catch most humans off guard.

        Loading editor
    • @Ricsi Yangs Gauntlets have nearly the same function as Bakugo's Grenadier Bracers, he doesnt need to know every power in the verse.

      And no they dont function as bullets, they dont have a physical projectile nor do they have penetrating power.

        Loading editor
    • @Miles I have never once said that yang uses physical rounds. She doesnt.

      From the previous thread his wind has moved fire so it can move Yang's energy shots, plus yang's energy shots have shown to be moveable in the air.

      She doesnt use bullets and they dont have any penetrating power so he's not going to bleed out from them even if they hit him which they wont because of flight and wind redirection.

      If his opponent has bracers on her arms and shoots explosions with her punches its not hard for him to put two and two together to assume that her bracers function similarly to bakugo's.

        Loading editor
    • He doesn't know Bakugou that well either. And again, he still isn't prepared for that power. Not even Deku has that many preparations against long ranged explosions for the matter, because unless they have info beforehand it's impossible to be prepared for enemy quirks.

      And that's just really dumb fir me. He gauntlets are specifically a gun, what she fires from them should be bullet shaped even when not equipped with fire dust. And how can you claim that as a fact? Humans couldn't be normally penetrated due to aura, and the one time she hit a human without aura his "leg" was supposedly ripped through easily despite the two being comparable.

        Loading editor
    • Theyre specifically not bullet shaped, theyre pulses of energy, not fire dust. Again, Yang does not use firs dust until volume 7 when she gets sticky detonators/grenades. And i can claim it as a fact because even fodder grimm dont get holes blown in them when yang hits them with her shots when other characters who do use guns very blatantly and visibly tak chunks out of grimm they shoot. And no, all she 'supposedly' did was break his leg, not shoot through it, consistent with her shots being blunt explosive force.

        Loading editor
    • Will comment on this later, but the word "stomp" is being used way too often here.

        Loading editor
    • Unfortunately people make a lot of stomp matches, though most are unintentional like this one

        Loading editor
    • WeeklyBattles wrote:
      Unfortunately people make a lot of stomp matches, though most are unintentional like this one

      But this isn't a stomp match. 

      Now that I think about it, Weekly, you proposed the possibility of a stomp in the OG thread with a warped BOP, asking "how is this not a stomp" instead of providing evidence as to why it is. And when evidence was provided it was shot down, but you had the thread closed anyway.

      In reality, what we should've done is had the match added and THEN you could've argued why your arguments are right in a CRT instead of having us come up with things to debunk you. That way we could've avoided a lot of hassle.

      It's not too late to make things right and let go of this one match, just do better in the future in order to not make these mistakes.

        Loading editor
    • Yang vs Ina

      Okay, so this seems to be the meat and bones of this thread I'll touch this subject very briefly. I see some arguments above that are valid, but the comparison aren't, namely the Bat-man vs Light one.


      Okay, let me give an example, say someone makes a match between Batman and Light Yagami, a direct fight with no people time under standard battle condition. By our stomp rules this would be a stomp match because even though Light CAN kill batman via the death note there is no viable scenario in which he would be able to as batman dominated him in a fight any day of the week.


      See, this is indeed a valid argument, Batman would whoop Light anyday and any time of the week, however there's some issues when using this argument to compare it to Yang vs Ina. Namely the skill difference, first of all My Hero characters aren't even remotely close to being as skilled as Batman, and Yang isn't a slouch in the skill department either. Matter of fact I'd argue that Yang has a notable skill Advantage over Ina, so this batman comparison dosen't quite work in regards to the subject of Yang vs Isa. Both fighters are comparable to each other, and Yang has the AP advantage, durability advantage, the endurance advantage and a notable skill advantage. Light vs Bats is a skill stomp, Yang vs Ina is not, and she has several advantages in her own regard. Now whether Yang can execute her advantages and acton them is completely on her, if her opponent isn't stronger than her, faster than her, more durable than her or have an overwhelming hax advantage then a win condition still exists for Yang.


      And in this case all Yang has to deal with his a range disadvantage, and wind manipulation. It's far from a stomp, the possibility of Yang winning is still possible, therefore it isn't a stomp, a win condition still exists for Yang. She isn't beaten in all categories, she's just at a disadvantage. Anyone who's claiming this matchup to be a stomp is absolutely wrong in that regard, Yang has her advantage, meaning a win-con does indeed exist, it's just not a likely one.


      Does Isa have a massive hax advantage over Yang? No. Does he have enough AP to stomp Yang? No. Does he have regen that Yang cannot bypass? No. Does he have an overwhelming skill advantage over Yang? No. If range wasn't his advantage then Yang would win the thread quite easily.


      What makes a stomp thread a stomp thread?

      A stomp thread is when no Win conditions are met, such as hax stomps, AP stomps ( of a 7.5x difference or higher.) When one characters has regen that the opponent cannot bypass, and very rarely do we see skill stomps. As long as a win-con exists then the thread cannot be deemed a stomp thread. For example, Van Hohenheim vs Yuichiro was declared a stomp due to Yuichiro having absolutely no way to kill him, or counter thought based hax.



      The term "stomp" is used way too here, with most users who claim stomps not actually knowing what constitutes a stomp and what doesn't.

        Loading editor
    • @Prince As Yang can never hit Inasa due to his wind manip and flight it is allowed to be considered hax here, this issue happened a while back in a match with Tanya von Degurechaff where she just range spammed from out of range and her opponent couldnt hit her.

        Loading editor
    • This one

      Same exact circumstances as Yang vs Inasa. One opponent can just fly out of range and range spam the other to death while the other cant hit them, making it a stomp

        Loading editor
    • Weekly, I hope you know this argument you just used is pure B.S. Let me prove it.

      You claim that the act of mere flight is Hax? Let's look at the definition instead of trusting your conjecture-based assessment.


      "Summary

      Hax is a catch-all term for abilities that can be used to ignore/bypass one or more of a target's statistics, rendering them irrelevant."

      You know what it doesn't include? You guessed it, flight. And it never will because it's NOT HAX. You see, plot manipulation is hax because there's no dodging it or blocking this attack, you've essentially erased free will from the battlefield. Same thing with Mind Manipulation, if you have a brain it's GG, exceptions are case-by-case upon different verses. You know what flight is? Moving around in 3D space. Birds do this by flapping their wings. Insects and bugs fly with their wings too. Humans can do this today, right now with a plane or a jetpack. Do they all have hax too?

      That’s up to you personally, but the real answer is no, they don’t have hax. The difference between a bird and Inasa is that Inasa is actively manipulating the wind to hold his weight, but since they serve the same purpose, if this is hax then I guess Bruce Wayne has hax too.

        Loading editor
    • Now let’s get into the tournament you linked.

      Trying to compare this battle to Tanya vs Levi is yet another False Equivalence you’ve attempted. For starters, Tanya outranges Levi by tens of kilometers, and therefore Levi can’t get a hit on her. In this match, Yang actually outranges Inasa by hundreds of meters vs his tens of meters, and yet you’re still declaring this a stomp.

      Answer this question: how exactly does Inasa range spam if Yang is ten times outside of his reach? If anything it’s the other way around, and is yet another wincon for Yang that you will ignore in 3… 2… 1...

      As far as I'm aware of, Inasa has exactly one wincon you're vouching for, which in no way viable because Yang has the range advantage. Now Inasa has zero viable wincons. Yang has three wincons including range spamming, negating wind manip via semblance, and one-shotting; plus two more if speed wasn't equalized.

      Holy shit. I just realized that YANG stomps Inasa. In a cruel twist of irony, you were right all along, but for exactly the wrong reasons. 

      Here's your opportunity to get Yang another wincon. Come up with another viable wincon for Inasa, or concede that Inasa does not stomp and have the original thread unlocked.

        Loading editor
    • MilesTheMorales1 wrote:
       

      Can't Inasa just blow away the projectiles that give Yang range advantage? I thought that point was already discussed

        Loading editor
    • Even if that were true, it doesn't put Inasa in range to attack Yang, like at all. If anything this scenario would end up in an incon, and not Inasa winning, but Yang can still power through his wind.

        Loading editor
    • MilesTheMorales1 wrote:
      Even if that were true, it doesn't put Inasa in range to attack Yang, like at all. If anything this scenario would end up in an incon, and not Inasa winning, but Yang can still power through his wind.

      As I understand it, negging her projectiles leaves melee as her only means of hitting him, meaning Inasa massively outranges her. Even if she can power through his wind, he can still fly away

        Loading editor
    • And Yang would continue flying at him faster than or at equal speed to him and still one shot. Wincon still stands.

        Loading editor
    • Also, I forgot that the OP of the original thread had them at 10 meters away, not 100 meters, so it should be theoretically even easier for Yang to get up close.

        Loading editor
    • Yes, but then it comes to Pseudo Flight vs True Flight, True Flight obviously being superior. Yang will never be able to actually reach him with massively inferior range and her only means of reaching him being an inferior version of what he uses to escape her attacks

        Loading editor
    • The difference between true flight and Pseudo flight is the method of flight. Yang's flight is momentum based on individual jumps while Inasa's is wind based that's a constant force. There's still no reason Yang can't reach him and one-shot. 

        Loading editor
    • She can dodge his wind too, he isn't the only one capable of the action of moving out of an attacks way.

        Loading editor
    • Ricsi-viragosi wrote:
      She can dodge his wind too, he isn't the only one capable of the action of moving out of an attacks way.

      Bold of you to assume he wouldn't just make a 360 degree wind sphere around him and become untouchable!!! 

      Sarcasm, obviously. Even if he had this constantly on with his full power concentrated, Yang would still power through it. 

      If it isn't clear by now, I'm changing my stance to Yang winning.

        Loading editor
    • Ricsi-viragosi wrote:
      She can dodge his wind too, he isn't the only one capable of the action of moving out of an attacks way.

      Wouldn't that make it even less likely for her to get to him, as she has to somehow dodge AOE wind that Inasa will undoubtedly be using to keep the distance between them and tag him despite the range advantage with her momentum based flight as opposed to his normal flight?

        Loading editor
    • Did you not read what was said above? Cuz you either didn't or you forgot.

      The wider his attack, the weaker. His dozens of meter of aoe weren't even enough to blow back some random students in a fight, and it certainly made no damage.

      The only times he "casually" pushed away 8-C stuff is with his air so concentrated that it is a meter wide.

        Loading editor
    • While flight may not be 'hax' by our definition, it is definitely an ability that can very easily tilt something into stompish territory via rangestomping. It doesn't matter if you have a peashooter vs their one-shotting AP if you can just fly fifty feet above their head and slowly murder them.

        Loading editor
    • Thank you Mori

        Loading editor
    • Moritzva wrote:
      While flight may not be 'hax' by our definition, it is definitely an ability that can very easily tilt something into stompish territory via rangestomping. It doesn't matter if you have a peashooter vs their one-shotting AP if you can just fly fifty feet above their head and slowly murder them.

      But he can't just do that now can he?

      If he wants to keep deflecting ranged attacks, he will become unable to slowly murder her with his own, because he can't just make unlimited air out of nowhere.

      If he tries to go for aoe, at best Yang will be blown up in the air with no damage, and then before any of his attacks reach her she can just pseudo-flight out of there.

      If he tries to go directly for the attack, she can dodge and shoot at him, either getting him or forcing him on the defensive.

        Loading editor
    • Moritzva wrote:
      While flight may not be 'hax' by our definition, it is definitely an ability that can very easily tilt something into stompish territory via rangestomping. It doesn't matter if you have a peashooter vs their one-shotting AP if you can just fly fifty feet above their head and slowly murder them.

      While it may be true that flight vs no flight can become a stomp, both of these combatants have flight of their own methods, and therefore you can't rangestomp just by flying away. 

      Also, a pea shooter in conventional use can't damage a human being from one attack, so, outside of HP point game mechanics, a thousand attacks wouldn't murder someone either. I'm sure you were being hyperbolic by using a literal peashooter in your example, but this is actually the perfect analogy for this fight.

      Inasa's wind can't actually damage Yang from 50 feet away; he would have to narrow his wind to a point where it can be dodged, or Yang can absorb and hit back with even more force.

        Loading editor
    • Ricsi-viragosi wrote:
      Did you not read what was said above? Cuz you either didn't or you forgot.

      The wider his attack, the weaker. His dozens of meter of aoe weren't even enough to blow back some random students in a fight, and it certainly made no damage.

      The only times he "casually" pushed away 8-C stuff is with his air so concentrated that it is a meter wide.

      Nah, sorry, I'm trying to keep up with the discussion but some of it is slipping passed me.

      Because of nature of Yang's Pseudo Flight (in that she can only go one direction without firing a charge in a different direction, and that the shooting of the charge beforehand telegraphs her movement pattern to Inasa), a massive AOE wouldn't be needed. A meter wide AOE would still suffice to keep Yang completely out of range

        Loading editor
    • @Miles Yang does not have flight

        Loading editor
    • Because of nature of Yang's Pseudo Flight (in that she can only go one direction without firing a charge in a different direction, and that the shooting of the charge beforehand telegraphs her movement pattern to Inasa), a massive AOE wouldn't be needed. A meter wide AOE would still suffice to keep Yang completely out of range

      Tell me why a meter wide wind attack would stop Yang if the finest wind attack from Inasa is High 8-C. 

        Loading editor
    • WeeklyBattles wrote:
      @Miles Yang does not have flight

      Are you still bringing up the same invalid argument from earlier? She absolutely can fly, We've already discussed this. If you disagree then make a separate CRT removing pseudo-flight from her profile, but until then stop bringing this up.

        Loading editor
    • Yes because she cant fly. Youre equating jumping high to flying

        Loading editor
    • Once again, make a separate CRT and leave your headcanon out of this thread. I'm tired of dealing with the same flat-out wrong points over and over again. Look at her profile yourself, she has pseudo-flight by propeling herself with numerous jumps over and over, not just one big jump. Stop arguing this, it's ridiculous at this point.

      I wil repeat this for the third and final time, if you disagree with the concept of pseudo-flight being considered a flight tactic, make a separate thread erasing Peudo-Flight from the wiki. 

        Loading editor
    • Okay then, i'll ask you this: Can you provide one scan of Yang using her gauntlets to fly the hundreds of feet into the air she'd need to be able to to reach Inasa? Not using her gauntlets to launch herself forward. Not her using her gauntlets to slow her fall.

      Provide a scan of her using them to fly.

        Loading editor
    • Hundred feet into the air? He is a best five meters up high at the most, and any higher and his attacks become so diluted or easy to dodge that he is wasting his stamina.

        Loading editor
    • Yes, hundred feet in the air

      A scan of her doing that would be greatly appreicted

        Loading editor
    • Why would she need that when not even he can do that? And if he could, that would be wasting his energy, because he still can't attack her from that far, but she can shoot him and he has to keep flying about to dodge.

        Loading editor
    • Because that is what is required for someone with flight to qualify for having flight. Now can you please stop and wait for Miles to post whatever scans he has

        Loading editor
    • No.

      Both to your request and statement.

      Flight is the ability to move through gases or a void. The void part might just tell you that the height at which you fly is not a factor, since there is no such thing in a void.

      True flight - Ability of the character to move freely above the ground (gaseous medium or vacuum) for a long time.

      Ain't seeing hundreds of feet in there. There are even birds that don't fly that up. And again, even if he could, he can't fight if he does that, hence it's a nonfactor.

        Loading editor
    • I don't need to prove such a claim, the fight would never happen from hundreds of feet in the air since Inasa's range is only tens of meters.

      Also, it's not up to me to defend whether or not she has pseudo flight on her profile. Make a CRT separate from this one removing it from her profile. 

        Loading editor
    • @Ricsi Yeah, and Yang cant do that because she cant fly

        Loading editor
    • Which doesn't matter... because he can't fly that high up, either... and if he could, he'd be no better off than running away because she'd be out of his range...

        Loading editor
    • @Miles https://youtu.be/tHg08RnpSqY?t=231

      https://youtu.be/C7zV5_P9q7w?t=332

      she needs to change her entire body's direction because in order to launch herslef she needs to throw a punch

        Loading editor
    • I don't see the fight as a stomp either

        Loading editor
    • @Schnee Unfortunately it is, or WAS, seeing as given a lot of what was said here a TON of arguments in Inasa's favor are apparently inaccurate

        Loading editor
    • So you are just changing the topic altogether?

      Alright, tell me how he can beat her if she stays on the defensive? Any of his attacks that are truly aoe would at best push her, and that is not doing much to her lifting strength.

      The only attacks that could harm her are thick windblasts that can be easily seen, and are far from anywhere near difficult to dodge.

      If he attacks at all to begin with, she can shoot at him.

      If he defends, he can't attack, and is left constantly consuming energy while Yang can just shoot at him every time he tries to attack, which would tire him out first.

        Loading editor
    • Schnee One
      Schnee One removed this reply because:
      22:31, February 19, 2020
      This reply has been removed
    • You know what? I concede that point. Yang has to change her entire body position in order to change directions.

      Know who else has this "limitation?" Iron Man. Gtfo.

      Also that first video you posted just confirmed the fact that Yang can jump without touching the ground with just one gauntlet. She is able to rapid fire her gauntlets, so there should be absolutely zero reason why she couldn't rapidly jump in the air.

        Loading editor
    • @Miles Yang cant rapid fire he gauntlets though? Again, she needs to throw a punch to shoot, theyre not fully automatic weapons

        Loading editor
    • WeeklyBattles wrote:
      Unfortunately it is, or WAS (a stomp), seeing as given a lot of what was said here a TON of arguments in Inasa's favor are apparently inaccurate

      Nope, they're just straight up inaccurate. Also nice concession. Can we unlock the thread now?

        Loading editor
    • WeeklyBattles wrote:
      @Miles Yang cant rapid fire he gauntlets though? Again, she needs to throw a punch to shoot, theyre not fully automatic weapons

      Right, they're semi-auto. Or if you wanna clown even harder, they're PUMP ACTION, but she's apparently fast enough to still rapid fire as shown here and here , and here is where she is another scene where she propels herself upwards https://youtu.be/OPjcCkMYYzY?t=137

        Loading editor
    • Funny how every youtube video you posted has Yang propelling herself upwards at some point. 

        Loading editor
    • Not upward in a way that qualifies as flight. Again, jumping is not flight.

        Loading editor
    • Jumping in succession is pesudo-flight, which she has. Again, post a CRT and don't bring it up again.

        Loading editor
    • Alright weekly, I posted the CRT for you, go here and stop bringing it up until it's finished.

      https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:4045978

      Now can we continue on with this?

        Loading editor
    • Actually, we don't need to continue on; Weekly already conceded his arguments. Now, may I request an admin unlock the original thread?

        Loading editor
    • Inasa vs Yang yes?

        Loading editor
    • Yes.

        Loading editor
    • Done

        Loading editor
    • Inasa for reasons above

        Loading editor
    • Well, now I’ll have to be scanning Yang’s future matches for how people use Yang’s Indefinite pseudo flight.

        Loading editor
    • She doesn’t really have indefinite pseudo flight, as she rarely ever spams it outside of getting closer to people to punch them. It’s an ability she has and uses, but is limited by her lack of creativity.

        Loading editor
    • So why label it (Flight) Pseudo Flight and not (Acrobatics) Mid-Air Jump?

        Loading editor
    • Because the two are synonims.

        Loading editor
    • What do you mean by that?

        Loading editor
    • ElixirBlue wrote:
      So why label it (Flight) Pseudo Flight and not (Acrobatics) Mid-Air Jump?

      ​​​​​​Because this is an ability she is logically able to use, but doesn't due to the writers not implementing it. Also, most of her enemies are grounded, so there is no need.

        Loading editor
    • That the two are two different words for what is effectively the same.

      Pseudo-flight and the double jumping part of acrobatics both refer to the same abilitiy, as the ability page definition itself says.

        Loading editor
    • WeeklyBattles wrote:
      @Jinx You are aware that there is no rule against people changing their minds regarding who they think would win in a vs thread right?

      And no, the BAtman vs Light example matches the Yang vs Inasa one perfectly as Yang can instakill with one punch but there is no scenario in which she would be abl to viably do so as her opponent dominates her in combat and he would not ever just sit there and allow her to do something that would kill him.

      Of course i am. But its strange its always you the second the non-RWBY character starts winning beyond your arguments, and its always not a vote change and instead a stomp, even though the majority of people compared to you (usually also the ones that have their own arguments rather than a handy FRA) would disagree. 

      Really doesnt, because Yang doesn't need to know anyones actual hidden identity in order to instakill. All she has to do is land a good punch like she has done with both melee and ranged fighters. There is a viable way, as we have seen Yang can legitimately charge through attacks like Flynt's Killer Quartet (Which isn't wind manipulation, but the fundamental of the attack despite it being sound manipulation is to provide an opposing force much like wind manip, so is therefore moot), allow herself to control height and jump extremely high in order to at least reach Inasa, though he can still counter it. Countering abilities =/= Being unfair unless this was literally Yangs only thing. This was what you were arguing yourself but now you suddenly have to go back on the world

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.