FANDOM


  • There are a view examples of multipliers that I think we can use for scaling.

    https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Therefir/One-Punch_Man:_Battle_Suit

    This feat was not done at full power. 

    https://prnt.sc/qq0d8b

    Only the arm of the suit is powered up.

    https://prnt.sc/qq0dkf

    https://prnt.sc/qq0eah

    We see here in two different situations when the suits are at full power they are fully hulked out.

    Hammerhead even acknowledges he hasn't seen the full power of the suit at the time. I think 2x is a modest estimation although I think it should be more personally. Since it is a powered up arm vs a powered up body.

    This would scale to Iaian and the other disciples since they fought the suits at full power. I believe DoS should also scale since she is capable of damaging the armor. 

    Also her power is stated to be hypnosis through pain so she is hurting them through their suits.


    http://prntscr.com/qq0f8v

      Loading editor
    • We had the Deep Sea King's rain empowered form to be around 2x as well since we upscaled him to baseline High 7-C from Genos's feat when it was just 51 KT (also factoring the 2 upgrades Genos got between his feat and his fight with Deep Sea King.)

      http://prntscr.com/qq0gdm

      Puri Puri Prisoner also has an explicitly stated multiplier and an exact one compared to the estimates above.

        Loading editor
    • That seems fine, in my opinion, and Hammerhead is clearly far larger and stronger than his goons. Do-S never actually damaged the armour and likely only caused pain to the people wearing the suits.

      Pri-Pri-Prisoner is circularly scaled to Deep Sea King in the first place, and when he went full power DSK implies it made little to no difference. However, he's stronger than Hammerhead (Sonic hadn't seen his full strength and believed Saitama was a member of the Paradisers) while using less than half his power, since his sweater was still intact until he ripped it up while transforming. So I think we should scale him to that instead.

        Loading editor
    • To be fair to Puri, he did damage his jaw at half power.

      And Sea King was actually guarding vs his full power onslaught.

        Loading editor
    • Still, it's circular scaling.

        Loading editor
    • Alright we can change that too.

        Loading editor
    • So Puri Puri Prisoner is above 1.18 KT with less than half his power.

      So like a little over 2x that for his AP? So that makes him around 4 KT as a rough but modest estimation.

      And post training he's above 200 KT with less than half of his power for curb stomping a monster that is equal to the Deep Sea King.

        Loading editor
    • 4 kilotons is a bit of a jump from 2.36. Now that I think about it, how about at most Large Town level?

        Loading editor
    • Oh I misread it as 1.8 lol. So like 2.5 then?

      Also yeah I that sounds good.

        Loading editor
    • Ok.

        Loading editor
    • What should the multiplier for the regular Paradiser suits be?

        Loading editor
    • 2x is fine, in my opinion, but there should be more input.

      Edit: Now that I think about it, the suits don't really increase their power two-fold, he's just using it with one arm, like a normal punch.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah but the suits aren't at full power. We see what they look like when they are.

        Loading editor
    • That doesn't mean they double in power.

        Loading editor
    • What would you suggest we do for it then?

        Loading editor
    • Just leave it as the same.

        Loading editor
    • By "not at full power" I'm pretty sure he means he hasn't seen the suit fully buffed up instead of one arm. The AP should still remain the same. It's not like buffing up the entire suit is suddenly going to make the already buffed up parts even stronger.

        Loading editor
    • Fair point I guess.

        Loading editor
    • Should I close this then?

        Loading editor
    • ByAsura wrote:
      Should I close this then?

      What all has been accepted?

        Loading editor
    • Seems nothing has been accepted.

        Loading editor
    • What about Deep Sea King's multiplier?

      Also I thought you were gonna edit PPP's page.

        Loading editor
    • I told you, that relies on circular scaling.

      Oh yeah. I'll wait for confirmation on the whole at most thing.

        Loading editor
    • The Deep Sea King and PPP thing were meant to be separate.

        Loading editor
    • Ok. Why'd he even be twice as powerful? There seems to be no evidence of this.

        Loading editor
    • That was just how we upscaled him previously. I was just wondering if we were still doing that.

        Loading editor
    • Probably not.

        Loading editor
    • Well the scaling chain is 

      BoS Genos (113 KT)<Post HoE/Meteor Arc Genos<Dry Deep Sea King<Wet Deep Sea King<<<<Post G4 Genos

      So what point would they reach 200 KT?

        Loading editor
    • When they're explicitly twice as strong, such as overpowering a character using both arms with one.

        Loading editor
    • As a note, I wouldn't put Genos below a Dry DSK. He was going to to toe with him with a missing arm and only lost when he body blocked for a child. They have very comparable speed and strength.

        Loading editor
    • Speaking of durable faces and whatnot,

      Shouldn`t genos get a Higher with his head rating on durability? Face ripper was able to damage his arms, but when he tried to hit his head it was undamaged and broke his knives. Later on mutated Fuhrer ugly also dismantles his body quite easily, but has trouble breaking his brain capsule.

        Loading editor
    • Qawsedf234 wrote:
      As a note, I wouldn't put Genos below a Dry DSK. He was going to to toe with him with a missing arm and only lost when he body blocked for a child. They have very comparable speed and strength.

      Isn't there another upgrade between the meteor and the DSK arc? That's the only reason I put him above that version of Genos.

        Loading editor
    • I don't believe so. At least outside of the standard minor cosmetic changes Genos usually gets.

        Loading editor
    • So does anyone think there should still be any sort of multiplier between Sea King forms?

      Like we had previously.

        Loading editor
    • What are the conclusions here?

        Loading editor
    • If nothing else I find Tets' point about PPP's multiplier to be interesting. Given what we've seen on panel, I would say he has a canonical 4x multiplier, with 25% reperesented by him being slim enough to wear a sweater, 50% represented by him buffing up to rip said sweater, and 100% represented by him buffing up enough to shred his prisoner uniform completely, or Angel Mode.

      Would buff his MA Raid Arc self up to 455,648 Tons if it gets accepted.

        Loading editor
    • 25% is an assumption, though. It’s just an unknown amount lower than 50.

        Loading editor
    • I used 25% as a fair midpoint, since any amount below 50% could be 40% just as much as it could be 10%. So 25% is a balance between high and low. I'd say as well that his body appears to buff up to 50% about as much as it does when buffing up to 100%, from what I can tell.

        Loading editor
    • That’s still a made up number. Just under 50%. You can apply any logic, I could even say it’s 10%.

      Interestingly, in Chapter 105, he never actually loses his clothes by increasing his power. It’s only damage taken during the fight with his former “comrades” and Nyan.

        Loading editor
    • I know, but 25% at least gives equal measure to both high and low ends. Surely that's the most fair option available to us?

      I've just checked the chapter, PPP doesn't actually increase his power by increasing his output to 50/100% (I don't think he's done that at all throughout the entire arc yet). The actual method presented in that chapter was a newly discovered tehcnique he dubbed Vibration Angel, in which his body takes accumulated battle damage and uses it to increase his base level power without having to increase his muscle mass.

        Loading editor
    • No. It’s just way too speculative. Just saying under 50% is the most fair.

      It’s not portrayed as a new way of reaching full power, though, just a new style. He’s not constantly vibrating in the chapter against Nyan (a technique he only discovered minutes before their fight).

        Loading editor
    • We know he doesn't start off at 50% as a base, and simply leaving the multiplier at 2x is far to much of a lowball given that. Its by far the least speculative option we have.

      It doesn't increase his output to full power, it increase's the power of whatever precent level he's currently at. If he activated it at 50% it could possibly reach the same level of power as his 100% state, but if he activated it whilst at 100% it would also increase the power of said state past what it normally is. The technique itself is clearly activation based and can be switched on and off when needed, and its also extremely finite given its power source.

        Loading editor
    • That doesn’t mean he starts at 1/4th, we’ve only seen the physical changes of 50 and 100% as well. Anything under 50% is the least speculative, 25% is based on speculation.

      So why was this even relevant in the first place?

        Loading editor
    • We have seen the physical difference between his first two states, his increase up to 50% buffed his body to the point that he ripped his sweater to shreds. That's almost identical to his increase up to 100% where his muscles expand to the point that his prison uniform also rips to shreds.

      What on earth multiplier would you pick then? Simply going with a definitive 2x multiplier is an extreme lowball given that we know its higher, but we obviously can't just pick a random under that. Again, I picked 25% because it's exactly halfway between 1-50%, even if speculative its the fairest option out of any percentage present.

      I don't understand why it is too speculative. PPP has 3 known states of power, and we know that the latter two have a 2x power difference between them, why would it be too speculative to say the first to states also have a 2x power difference?

        Loading editor
    • SuperAPM wrote: We have seen the physical difference between his first two states, his increase up to 50% buffed his body to the point that he ripped his sweater to shreds. That's almost identical to his increase up to 100% where his muscles expand to the point that his prison uniform also rips to shreds.

      What on earth multiplier would you pick then? Simply going with a definitive 2x multiplier is an extreme lowball given that we know its higher, but we obviously can't just pick a random under that. Again, I picked 25% because it's exactly halfway between 1-50%, even if speculative its the fairest option out of any percentage present.

      I don't understand why it is too speculative. PPP has 3 known states of power, and we know that the latter two have a 2x power difference between them, why would it be too speculative to say the first to states also have a 2x power difference?

      Agreed.

        Loading editor
    • It’s speculation to apply one multiplier to another. That doesn’t automatically mean it’s the same, shredding clothes has nothing to do with specific values of power, he just becomes large enough to do it.

      I’m not picking a random one, it’s just under 50, meaning any calcs will be twice as much in his 100% state.

      Because we only know of one state that has this multiplier.

        Loading editor
    • Antvasima wrote: What are the conclusions here?

      I would appreciate a summary, if possible.

        Loading editor
    • We're still deciding.

        Loading editor
    • Okay. No problem.

        Loading editor
    • I understand it is speculation. We have long established that it is speculation. The issue with your stance is that you haven't argued why my specific speculation is unreasonable, you've only argued that it being speculation at all means that under no circumstance can it be used. Which I'm sorry is just ridiculous. I understand trying to keep speculation to an absolute minimum, but at certain points its a better alternative to simply using nothing.

      Because that right there is the crux of the issue; Sticking with just a simple 2x multiplier is downplay to an extreme degree. I've repeated this line to you three times already. We know he starts off lower than 50%, we know his multiplier would be higher than 2x.

      At some point we have to remember that Occam's Razor exists for a reason. We know he has three forms, we know two of those has a 2x difference between them. Aside from being an equal midpoint between the values under 50%, we at least have a basis for 2x in general. Please don't misinterpret what I'm saying, I'm not saying any of this is definative. I understand the possibility that it might be different, I understand more than anyone that relying on speculation too much to be an issue. I am simply asking why the specific form of speculation that I have presented here to be unreasonable in and of itself, not why speculation itself is a problem. If you've really resided to sticking to a 2x multiplier despite that blatantly being incorrect then we're kinda at an impass here and will probably just continue in circles, at which point this debate becomes pointless.

        Loading editor
    • I have. But you just keep repeating the same points as if it can't be anything else. Arguing with you is pointless. Of course it's higher than 2x, but to an unknown extent.

      It's not about Occam's Razor. A progression of 50 to 100% tearing clothes doesn't mean 25 to 50% will do the same. Occam's Razor literally says "Entities should not be multiplied without necessity." The most logical action is to just say he's weaker.

        Loading editor
    • No you haven't. I have given a fairly detailed explanation as to why my chosen value is the fairest assumption to make. All you've done is disregard it solely on the basis of it being an assumption. That is the entire crux of your argument.

      You understand that this entire situation is explicitly a case of an entity needing to be multiplied with absolute necessity. Becuase we know for a fact that he has a total multiplier higher than just 2x, and simply leaving it at that is both an egregious lowball, and just plainly wrong. I chose 25% as a starting point because it is exactly half way between 1-50%, thereby being the fairest option between everything whilst still acknowledging the fact that it should be higher than a simple 2x multiplier.

        Loading editor
    • You haven’t given a fair and reasonable explanation. The entire crux of your argument is that his clothes rip when transforming from 50 to 100%, so it must do the same when he goes from 25 to 50%, and now you’re saying that it’s a starting point due to being halfway between. Both make no sense and haven’t been established. For all we know, he could’ve been at literally any amount less than 50%, such as 33%.

      We know for a fact that he’s stronger, we don’t know that he’s twice as strong. We only know his 100% form is twice as strong as his 50% form, we’ve been given no information about what amount of power he used against that Deep Sea King-level monster.

      It’s not the fairest assumption. The fairest would be the one with the least assumptions, and that’s an unknown amount less than 50%. It’s also objectively true.

        Loading editor
    • ....Are you serious? That's actually your summation of my argument?

      The entire crux of my argument is that we blatantly know for a fact that PPP starts off below 50% and therefore has a higher multiplier than 2x. Ergo we have to agree to a reasonably higher multiplier.

      The entire reason I picked 25% as a baseline is because it is exactly half way between 1-50%, thus being the fairest throughline between everything available. Choosing anywhere from 26-49% or 1-24% is just arbitrarily favoring one side over the other in terms of either lowballing or highballing him. Surely you can agree with this point if nothing else.

      Any mention I made of his transistion between him going from 50-100% is at best supporting evidence. By itself it proves nothing, I've acknowldeged this fact. If you truly believe that was ever my main point, you haven't read through my posts properly.

      Sticking to 2x is the least assumptive decision available. It is also blatantly incorrect. That is why I find sticking to it to be extremely contentious. Again, I know my option is an assumption, but as I've repeated several times already its a necessary assumption to make in order to get the most accurate multiplier. I already explained why I chose the value given, all I've wanted you to do is explain why this choice specifically is arbitrary in and of itself, not why making assumptions in general is not ideal in the first place.

        Loading editor
    • I agree it’s lower than 50%, but it’s also an unknown.

      You need better reasoning than “half-way between is the most fair.” It’s not the most fair, it’s a made up number and I don’t care what logic you use. Just an unknown amount less than 50% is the most fair and reasonable here.

      It’s late here, so I didn’t exactly think about it.

      It’s not. It’s completely arbitrary; you’re saying that the best option is to go with the middle ground because we don’t have all the facts. That’s completely wrong, you choose the low-ball when you don’t know all the facts.

        Loading editor
    • We don't automatically go with the low end. We go with whatever's the most reasonable option available to us. Sometimes even the high end of something is more reasonable. We may not have all the facts, but we know enough to say that its higher than a simple 2x multiplier. Simply going with that isn't reasonable in the slightest, its an extreme lowball and a blatant falsehood. I picked 25% because it's exactly halfway between lowballing and highballing him, I don't know how much clearer I can make this. Simply saying its arbitrary isn't good enough reason to dismiss it.

        Loading editor
    • Yes we do. When there’s pretty much nothing concrete, and there is nothing. High-ends are used if there’s enough proof. This is why numbers aren’t assigned to scaling chains unless we have some form of value.

      That’s not reasonable. I don’t know how clear I can make that. And it makes no sense since the exact value is unknown, you can’t just assign a value based completely on conjecture and what you believe is more reasonable. What you’re arguing for is the definition of false.

      It is arbitrary because he could be at literally any power level before 50%. I don’t know how many times I have to tell you this. Your suggestion just doesn’t work.

      You’re still high-balling him, you’re just splitting hairs about it. 50% isn’t a falsehood, and neither is 25% technically, but we just don’t have enough to go off. Plus, 25% is really just low-balling and high-balling at the same time in this case.

        Loading editor
    • Sigh We really are at the stage where we just mindlessly repeat each point ad nauseum.

      So let me state this one more time, again:

      I understand that the actual value could be completely different. I've admitted this several times before. The entire reason I picked 25% is because it is an exact middle ground between arbitrarily lowballing and highballing him. I gave an actual reason as to why I picked this rather than just randomly picking it out of a hat like you've suggested. I understand this value isn't concrete, I haven't stated otherwise. 

      I am not highballing him, please don't reduce my argument down to that. I couldn't have picked out a more middling option if I tried. You haven't given a reason why its arbitrary beyond simply saying it is. And at this point I'm gonna guess it's going to continue down this road until one of us gives up due to boredom. If you truly have nothing more to say, do consider whether or not posting that has any actual merit to it. If that ends up being the case then apologies, but I have better things to do.

      And for the love of God please take the time to post everything you want to say in your first post instead of editing it in after 10 minutes

        Loading editor
    • Yes, we are. Well, I am, you’re free to stop whenever.

      I’m not suggesting we pick it out of a hat. I’ve been arguing against that this whole time, and suggesting that we used 50% as a low-ball because the value is unknown.

      I said you’re both high-balling and low-balling him in this case, not just the former. You haven’t given a good reason for why it isn’t, honestly, and 25% having less assumptions than the other options doesn’t mean it isn’t arbitrary.

      I have given a reason; it’s arbitrary because you’re assigning an unknown value—one that has a chance of being any number between 1 and 50—with no real rhyme or reason other than “it’s not wank or downplay.” That’s not how this works, you can’t just add a value because it’s vague otherwise, unless it’s a low-ball (I only mean in the context of this situation).

      Don’t act all high and mighty, you’ve been saying the same drivel for days now without any new arguments. My points don’t change because your points are also glacial. Also, I’m on break rn, so I don’t have anything else to do, sadly.

      It’s called hindsight, and I also use it to fix grammatical errors or sentence structure. Sorry if I’m being passive aggressive, I just can’t deal with this either.

        Loading editor
    • Sigh You still have not explained why it is faulty. All you've said is that it being an assumption in and of itself makes it faulty. You've acknowledged and even seemed to agree with my explanation of why it isn't arbitrary or at the very least is the least arbitrary option available, and have just rejected it without a concrete reason. Again, simply claiming that I haven't explained my choice does not actually prove anything.

      I'm well aware you're only arguing to stick with a simple 2x multiplier, the entire crux of my argument is that this option is wrong because we know for a fact that its higher. I know we have nothing concrete, that's exactly why i chose the most middling option I could find. I've acknowledged the fact that it isn't 100% accurate several times already.

      You do understand that the entire point of my last comment was the fact that I had to repeat my main point again with no variation present. I stated specifically that we're both just going to repeat each other's points ad nauseum. What on Earth gave you the impression that I thought I was a cornucopia of original arguments?

      "I said you’re both high-balling and low-balling him in this case, not just the former."

      Cough

      "You’re still high-balling him, you’re just splitting hairs about it."

      I don't know what to interpret here to be honest since I know you state I'm doing both a sentence later. What was actually the point of this part?

        Loading editor
    • I’ve addressed this so many times; picking a middle point doesn’t make it any less arbitrary. You’re still grabbing a number from nowhere about of 1-50 just because it’s in the middle of the scale. It still has an equal probability of being wrong or right. On the other hand, we know for an objective fact that he’s stronger than his 50% self and can use that low-ball. This proves, dare I say objectively, that using the low-ball is the more logical option.

      I haven’t agreed to that. I’ve actually said it’s the least arbitrary argument after sticking with the low-ball. So I mean it’s arbitrary, but not as arbitrary as you can get.

      25% is equally wrong because we’re not lead to believe it’s that low. We’re not lead to believe anything except it’s weaker, so you go for the low-ball, not a made up value. Just stop with this already.

      “If you truly have nothing more to say, do consider whether or not posting that has any actual merit to it.” You said both.

      To show that (a) your points have the same flaws you claim mine do, and (b) to add yet another point to the list of faults your suggestions have.

        Loading editor
    • Can somebody summarise each side in this argument? Perhaps I can be of help.

        Loading editor
    • Pri-Pri-Prisoner’s form he used to break out of prison and kill a Deep-Sea King-level monster wasn’t large enough to break his sweater. His 50% form is large enough to shred it during the transformation.

      I’m arguing that we low-ball it to 50%, while APM (if I’m not misconstruing his points) is arguing that it should be 25% because it’s the middle ground between 1-50%, thus neither excessively low-balling or high-balling him.

      I have a problem with this because it creates a 4x power boost without confirmation.

        Loading editor
    • It seems safer with a lowball. It is also our usual practice for uncertain calculations as far as I am aware, so it should be best here as well.

        Loading editor
    • I'm arguing for his multiplier to be higher than 2x because we know for a fact that he starts off lower than 50%. The reasons Asura gave as to why I picked 25% are correct. I understand this is speculative, I just find it more accurate than simply leaving it at 2x since we know its higher than that.

      Sigh At this point tho I'm willing to concede if Ant thinks it unwise to use my suggeted value.

        Loading editor
    • So what we got is

      PPP (100%) > PPP (50%) ≥ Standard PPP > Stronger than Hammerhead, who Sonic saw preform a Low 7-C feat.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, basically. After everything was decided I wanted to discuss how everyone should scale in light of this. For instance 50% PPP managed to cave DSK's face in, but we know for a fact that he's at most 2x weaker than him in that state given that a full on barrage at 100% barely singed his arms. The full conclusion to this was that if a punch that caves DSK's face in isn't enough for him to fully scale, I don't believe his performance against him at 100% would warrant full on scaling either.

        Loading editor
    • I still think there should be some form of multiplier for Deep Sea King. Even if it is a miniscule one.

      Sonic went from being able to bruise and flinch Sea King to Sea King saying he couldn't even feel his attacks anymore.

        Loading editor
    • Actually, Sonic's rating would be even more up for debate given this. He did substantially less damage to DSK than even 50% PPP did, but DSK states that his attacks don't hurt at all. Keep in mind that tho Hydrated, he states this after first revealing his true form to Sonic on the top of the rooftop, when Sonic had previously only attacked DSK's Dry form. Which means his attacks could barely dent his dry form and did substantially less damage than 50% PPP.

        Loading editor
    • Sonic's rating includes his weapons, which ONE said would be enough to beat a Dehydrated DSK. His physicals (besides speed), is likely worse than PPP.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, I did consider that. The issue I have with it tho is how complicated its going to make scaling for both him and others like him.

      Another thing is that an actual sword strike only scrathed Hammerhead's arm. Its possible that it was a casual attack, and this did happen before Sonic starting training to surpass Saitama. But as I recall he only had a weeks worth of training before being captured by the police and sent to prison and then breaking out with PPP. So I don't know how to properly rate him to be honest.

        Loading editor
    • I don’t understand how Puri caving in someone’s face isn’t grounds for scaling. Yeah he’s supposed to be weaker, but 2 tiers weaker?

        Loading editor
    • Tetsucabrah seems to make a good point.

        Loading editor
    • My proposal was just hypothetical, I wanted to see everyone's points about it. My issue is that since we know him caving in his face isn't enough to warrant scaling since he's at minimum 2x weaker in that state, I don't see the full barrage he pulled off at 100% only barely singing his arms warranting full on scaling either. At the very least I don't see him full on scaling to 113 Kilotons, and I don't know how to backscale from this point.

        Loading editor
    • In any other verse dislocating someone’s jaw would be grounds for scaling. I don’t understand why OPM is the only series with these super strict scaling methods.

        Loading editor
    • @Tetsucabra

      I agree about that.

        Loading editor
    • So why does downscaling PPP to low 7-C make more sense than having Sea King slightly higher into High 7-C?

        Loading editor
    • I've acknowledged that it normally would be grounds for scaling. The issue here is that the feat was performed whilst he was at 50%, and given his performance at 100% we know for a fact that he was at least 2x weaker than DSK when he clobbered his face. If he can do something like that whilst being 2x weaker I don't see his performance against him at 100% warranting full on scaling either.

      "So why does downscaling PPP to low 7-C make more sense than having Sea King slightly higher into High 7-C?"

      Because that's circular scaling. You can't say him clobbering his face should make him comparable one minute and then upscale DSK higher than the value given by acknowledging the fact that he should be at least 2x stronger. Logic like this can legitimately scale characters up infinitely, which is precisely why it should be avoided. The value specified comes from Genos, PPP has no evidence to suggest he was comparable to him at this point. DSK does so we know he scales to that point, so it's far easier to say that PPP simply scales down to 7-C more than anything.

      I'm not necessarily suggesting that we should place him down at Low 7-C. It's just that his scaling up to High 7-C looks extremely wonky given everything presented, and downscaling from there is a little difficult given how speculative it is.

        Loading editor
    • So you think that it is an inconsistency then?

        Loading editor
    • Well, maybe not necessarily an inconsistency. I think in ONE's eyes PPP wasn't supposed to be significantly below DSK at this point. Its just that its difficult to quantify how many times weaker he was exactly, so it might be safer to place him at a level that we definitely know he was at.

        Loading editor
    • I agree with Tets here. PPP survived a punch barrage and a solid jaw hit from a serious DSK, then broke DSK's jaw with a punch. While weaker than bim, PPP is within the same tier or at least close enougb to resonably scale.

      Now does he scale as hard as DSK does to Genos? No, but he still scales.

        Loading editor
    • I think at most Large Town level makes the most sense for PPP. Genos is stronger, maybe much stronger, but his calc is barely above baseline.

        Loading editor
    • The issue is that if he can both survive a somewhat serious punch and break his jaw whilst being at least 2x weaker, what would warrant his 100% state scaling to him when he barely does any better? I understand he shouldn't be too far below him, its just that I don't see enough to warrant full on scaling and its difficult to exactly quantify how many times weaker he should be.

        Loading editor
    • Qawsedf234 wrote:
      I agree with Tets here. PPP survived a punch barrage and a solid jaw hit from a serious DSK, then broke DSK's jaw with a punch. While weaker than bim, PPP is within the same tier or at least close enougb to resonably scale.

      Now does he scale as hard as DSK does to Genos? No, but he still scales.

      Exactly.

      Also these guys are comparing a direct punch to the jaw vs a bunch of sloppy aimless punches (albeit with more strength put into them) to the arms in a guarding position. DSK himself implies that his punch barrage technique needs work.

        Loading editor
    • "These guys". I'm not actually saying he shouldn't be Large Town level. I did, but I went back on that.

        Loading editor
    • Regardless of whether he ends up high 7-C or not, it's still weird to compare an unguarded punch to the face vs a bunch of punches that are actually being guarded, even if he is using more strength during the latter.

        Loading editor
    • Its not strange to compare the two when we know that the latter was more powerful than the former. At best he was only using somewhere between 51-99% of his full power, which still makes his scaling a little questionable since its a little to speculative to say he would've done some substanital damage if he were actually using 100% of his strength.

        Loading editor
    • So what, "Low 7-C, at most High 7-C" or something?

        Loading editor
    • Seems reasonable, imo. Even just the latter is fine.

        Loading editor
    • I'd prefer we stick with a single rating, but that should be fine if we can't decide on anything else. Tho if we do go with that then he should ideally be downscaled to baseline High 7-C to note the difference in power.

        Loading editor
    • Oh my god, You guys made DSK a large town level being.

        Loading editor
    • Why's that so bad?

      Edit: Actually, no, nevermind. Don't answer that. Bring it up somewhere else.

        Loading editor
    • Wow, So rude. Chill dude, LoL. Don't get fluster over drawings.

        Loading editor
    • You're the one that called him an idiot over a bunch of drawings, you get this yeah?

        Loading editor
    • When?

        Loading editor
    • Quote from you in the OPM Revisions:

      "That's not a self statement but a question idiot."

        Loading editor
    • That's after he insulted me.

        Loading editor
    • I didn’t insult you before you called me an idiot. Afterwards, yes, but not before.

      I wasn’t actually mad or angry when I wrote that. I can definitely see how it came across that way, though.

        Loading editor
    • You did, Check the time view.

        Loading editor
    • Time view?

      Edit: Oh yeah, I said “what the hell are you on about?” I removed that specifically because it was an insult. To be specific, I didn’t actually mean it as an insult, but it could be considered as one.

        Loading editor
    • Please stick to the topic. Thank you.

        Loading editor
    • Is there anything else we can discuss here? Like the scaling chain?

        Loading editor
    • I say start with Genos and whatever his feat is (113 kt maybe?) and go from there. Might help out in matches were people what to know how high into High 7-C they are.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah we should do that.

        Loading editor
    • BoS Genos (113 KT)<Post HoE/Meteor Arc Genos=<Dry Deep Sea King<<Wet Deep Sea King<<<<Post G4 Genos

      Then the chain diverges into different paths.

      Wet Deep Sea King<<<< Post training Puri Puri Prisoner with less than half of his power<<Full Power Puri Puri Prisoner 

      G4 Genos<<<<Base Metal Bat(Genos was 2 shot by Carnage Kabuto and Metal Bat lasted 3 minutes)

      G4 Genos=MA arc Sonic<<Human Gale(Casually pushed around Sonic)=Human Hellfire

      G4 Genos<Tank Top Master (in physical strength, remember only the Elder Centipede upgrade is equal to Tank Top Master in physical strength)<<Serious Human Garou

      Another Split

      Serious Human Garou<<<<Watchdog Man (while holding back)

      Royal Ripper<Bug God<Serious Human Garou<<<Bug God's durability

        Loading editor
    • So what are the summarised conclusions here?

        Loading editor
    • Still no solid conclusions. We're just trying to go over the scaling chains to see how far into High 7-C the characters are

        Loading editor
    • Okay. Thanks for the reply.

        Loading editor
    • Would anyone argue against G4 Genos being at least 2x 114KT (slightly rounded up to account for the other smaller upgrades)

      Since you're putting together the parts of Genos and G4 for one superior piece of weaponry and they were nearly equal separately

      The Upgrades make Genos strong enough to curb stomp Wet Deep Sea King in two attacks.

      Also Mosquito girl who may have been in her transformed state. Someone said the dialogue she uses in the VGS is the same as when she was transformed in the anime.

        Loading editor
    • I agree that he's twice as strong, and it's consistent enough.

        Loading editor
    • Okay. That is probably fine then.

        Loading editor
    • It doesn't end there.

      Where do we put Base Metal Bat, Human Garou, Royal Ripper, Bug God, and Watchdog Man?

      Also is Puri Puri Prisoner considered comparable to G4 Genos since he also curb stomped a monster equal to deep Sea King? At least he could be the same AP but IMO that's hard lowballing  since he did it with less than half of his power. 

        Loading editor
    • Tanktop Master is superior to G4 Genos, so all of them except maybe Royal Ripper (though he is called S-Class-level, IIRC) would scale.

      Puri Puri Prisoner took like 20 hits to kill that monster, whereas Genos could apparently do it in two. PPP is much stronger at full power, but I’d just scale him off Deep Sea King.

      By the way, do they say two hits or two attacks in that audiobook? Because Genos’ more powerful attacks are stronger than his punches.

        Loading editor
    • Royal Ripper should scale, he fought with an even stronger Garou than the one that defeated Tank Top Master and could hurt him, as well as take several hits from him.

        Loading editor
    • I just wasn’t sure, because it took Bug God, and he did say the fight would’ve ended badly if they took Garou on individually.

        Loading editor
    • They didn't say it would end badly, they said it would've been much tougher, iirc.

        Loading editor
    • https://prnt.sc/qvzy5x

      is this the quote you're thinking of? At the same time they do admit they weren't going all out yet either.

        Loading editor
    • Turns out I was remembering the webcomic.

        Loading editor
    • I remember in the web comic Garou actually did visible damage to Bug God since one of his pincers was missing after the fight.  That was retconned in favor of Bug God having extremely high durability (just to hype Darkshine more when he one shots him lol ).

        Loading editor
    • ByAsura wrote:

      By the way, do they say two hits or two attacks in that audiobook? Because Genos’ more powerful attacks are stronger than his punches.

      Oh I missed this. I think it was Machine Gun Blow+incineration cannon.

        Loading editor
    • So it wasn’t just two attacks, but two techniques. I’m still not sure about scaling him to PPP.

        Loading editor
    • You mean scaling Puri to him.

        Loading editor
    • Yes.

        Loading editor
    • We can go over PPP afterwards since he doesn't scale to Genos directly.

      The rest should be addressed first.

        Loading editor
    • I have to unsubscribe from this thread due to time constraints. You can notify me later via my message wall if you need my help after you have reached a conclusion.

        Loading editor
    • I'll be sure to do that.

        Loading editor
    • Bump

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.