FANDOM


  • How about we try a same universe fight for Rayman for once? The Knaaren's Champion vs the First Nightmare of Polokus. Reflux has the Sceptre of Leptys and Jano has the nightmares created from his antitoons. Battle is in the Glade of Dreams.

    Reflux : 7 (Dark Carioca, Bobsican, ChocomilkAlex, Tonygameman, Anomalous_N_I_W_D_E, Kriskirby, Elizio33)

    Jano : 0

    Inconclusive: 0

      Loading editor
    • Bump

        Loading editor
    • S1: I'd say base Reflux stands no chance given the hype behind Jano who should be more powerful.

      S2: If this is Reflux after his transformation I'd give the edge to him.

        Loading editor
    • Now should other nightmares be considered in the discussion since Jano can spawn antitoons?

        Loading editor
    • Probably

        Loading editor
    • I can see Jano winning. Some of the nightmares created may have ways of overwhelming Reflux's shields (like using electricity manipulation, which we have seen with enemies like Lightning Eyes). Jano has better methods of mobility/BFR with his teleportation and portal creation. Also Jano can read Reflux's mind (and possibly may be smarter than him).

        Loading editor
    • I don't doubt that Jano is smarter than Reflux, he wasn't depicted as particularly clever beyond him summoning Leptys.

        Loading editor
    • Not sure for Scenario 2, but I'll say Jano on Scenario 1 for reasons above.

        Loading editor
    • I guess the point of contention is whether Jano could get through Reflux's shields when he's empowered by Leptys.

        Loading editor
    • By "not sure", I didn't mean to vote inconclusive yet.

        Loading editor
    • Fixed. Sorry about that.

        Loading editor
    • Hey, here's a tip:

      Don't do Vs. threads with multiple rounds, they get far harder to debate for and easily turn into a mess, remove one of the rounds and this is good to go.

        Loading editor
    • Bobsican wrote:
      Hey, here's a tip:

      Don't do Vs. threads with multiple rounds, they get far harder to debate for and easily turn into a mess, remove one of the rounds and this is good to go.

      Ok, I fixed it. Thanks for responding and for the tip.

        Loading editor
    • Reflux FRA

        Loading editor
    • Jano's hax aren't really too combat applicable meanwhile Reflux is a much better Fighter, Reflux FRA.

        Loading editor
    • ChocomilkAlex wrote:
      Jano's hax aren't really too combat applicable meanwhile Reflux is a much better Fighter, Reflux FRA.

      I guess the addition of Nightmares wouldnt help much in the long run?

        Loading editor
    • Probably not, especially if Reflux beats him up before he can activate them.

        Loading editor
    • I think I might switch to Reflux. Would you guys consider this a stompy matchup or should we continue the vote?

      Edit: Removed my vote. I missed the rule that I cannot vote for whatever reason.

        Loading editor
    • I think you sould know, but the one that does the match can't actually vote.

      Anyways, this isn't an stomp as Jano holds win conditions, respectively.

        Loading editor
    • Looks like I'm changing my vote to Reflux for reasons above.

        Loading editor
    • Reflux my Rifle FRA

        Loading editor
    • The best boss in the series is on the lead.

      I think his victory on this thread is assured.

        Loading editor
    • Not yet, we need two more votes for grace.

        Loading editor
    • I'll see if I can find 2 more people to vote

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, Reflux FRA

        Loading editor
    • Reflux for the reasons above

        Loading editor
    • And a grace time starts now.

        Loading editor
    • Figured Reflux would get more votes

      He's the more badass looking of the too :P

        Loading editor
    • Dark-Carioca wrote: Figured Reflux would get more votes

      He's the more badass looking of the too :P

      Pretty much, yeah lol.

        Loading editor
    • Dark-Carioca wrote:
      Figured Reflux would get more votes

      He's the more badass looking of the too :P

      Reflux

      "You seem quite clever stranger. That's good. I like clever people. Their brains are tastier."









      ... He really is. :)

      ... Too bad we won't be seeing such in the Ray Man franchise any time soon due to Ubisoft's Incompetence with putting the franchise on moblie games lately. :/

        Loading editor
    • Fingers crossed for a proper sequel to the original series (with Rayman 4, come on, Murfy said it'd happen) marking Reflux's return, having obtained the powers of all past villains via his godlike magic and revived himself through sheer power of will, denying Rayman the chance to beat him a second time, for he will NOT admit defeat after their first match. The score must be evened and settled.

      ...But that's waaay too fanficy and is definitely not gonna ever happen. Even if they go back to the old series, it'll be a new villain. Sure, they sorta brought back Mr. Dark but he had the benefit of being the very first antagonist of the series. Reflux may be the toughest and possibly the most popular thanks to his epic boss battles (the last of which I've heard not many people finished), but the old Rayman series is mostly in the nostalgic side of people's minds. Fondly remembered, but the higher ups at Ubisoft probably wouldn't care about bringing him back since they're unaware of stuff like that.

        Loading editor
    • To be fair, I think Jano is pretty great in his own right. I remember he gave me nightmares after playing the Cave of Bad Dreams in Rayman 2 as a kid (how fitting :P). But yeah Reflux is awesome and I would love for him to come back as well. Rayman 4 let's go

        Loading editor
    • Oh I'm not saying Jano doesn't rock, he's great for sure... It's just that when compared to all other villains, it feels like for Reflux, the former undefeated champion of the Knaaren now turned into the joke of his tribe, defeat meant more to him, and thus his vendetta against Rayman was more personal than with the others, going so far as to betray his own kind by stealing from the king and summoning their god. Plus, as far as I can remember, he's the only villain you fight twice (I'm not counting Mr. Dark since it's him using different bodies in each of his boss fights), and Reflux definitely keeps on coming with all the phases that he has.

      In truth, even if Reflux couldn't come back as the main antagonist with all his godlike power again, the next best thing would be to bring every villain back for their own revenge, it's super common to have past villains join forces and team up against the hero.

        Loading editor
    • Dark-Carioca wrote:
      Oh I'm not saying Jano doesn't rock, he's great for sure... It's just that when compared to all other villains, it feels like for Reflux, the former undefeated champion of the Knaaren now turned into the joke of his tribe, defeat meant more to him, and thus his vendetta against Rayman was more personal than with the others, going so far as to betray his own kind by stealing from the king and summoning their god. Plus, as far as I can remember, he's the only villain you fight twice (I'm not counting Mr. Dark since it's him using different bodies in each of his boss fights), and Reflux definitely keeps on coming with all the phases that he has.

      In truth, even if Reflux couldn't come back as the main antagonist with all his godlike power again, the next best thing would be to bring every villain back for their own revenge, it's super common to have past villains join forces and team up against the hero.

      Well said, and I agree :). It felt so satisfying knocking Reflux down a peg in Rayman 3 and his personal vendetta against Rayman made him memorable as a boss.

        Loading editor
    • Dark-Carioca wrote:
      Fingers crossed for a proper sequel to the original series (with Rayman 4, come on, Murfy said it'd happen) marking Reflux's return, having obtained the powers of all past villains via his godlike magic and revived himself through sheer power of will, denying Rayman the chance to beat him a second time, for he will NOT admit defeat after their first match. The score must be evened and settled.

      ...But that's waaay too fanficy and is definitely not gonna ever happen. Even if they go back to the old series, it'll be a new villain. Sure, they sorta brought back Mr. Dark but he had the benefit of being the very first antagonist of the series. Reflux may be the toughest and possibly the most popular thanks to his epic boss battles (the last of which I've heard not many people finished), but the old Rayman series is mostly in the nostalgic side of people's minds. Fondly remembered, but the higher ups at Ubisoft probably wouldn't care about bringing him back since they're unaware of stuff like that.

      I get it, but what I actually meant is that we could have more badass characters other then Reflux here in the series but they are indeed underestimating the series that much now and then just retthinking about such arrogance sorta boils by cettle.

      Actually I personally haven't gone face to face with Reflux neither BUT I do have the game, However here's to hope the frame rate wouldn't go to shit due to other games I have tried regarding PS2 Emulation is having the same problem as of this day.

        Loading editor
    • Well there is an HD version, though granted, it's not the best

        Loading editor
    • Dark-Carioca wrote:
      Well there is an HD version, though granted, it's not the best

      I think the one I have is the ORIGINAL version and didn't seem HD-ish to me, If I have not mentioned it before I plan to get back at it on emulation since that is what I have my other games on, Though hopefully College wouldn't peeve me out too much in trying to have a spare time also.

        Loading editor
    • Hope you enjoy, whenever you get to play it.

      It's quite the ride. Imo the best Rayman game.

        Loading editor
    • Dark-Carioca wrote:
      Well there is an HD version, though granted, it's not the best

      The HD version doesn't have that awesome intro with the song Madder >:(

      I can't decide whether I like Rayman 2 or Rayman 3 more. They both have a lot of cool moments 

        Loading editor
    • Grace period is probably over. Can it be added?

        Loading editor
    • Yes, it can.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.