FANDOM


  • Guess it's time to start testing Kengan's mettle

    ~

    Somewhere in Japan

    A hooded figure walked the numerous back alleys of the glowing neon city. While at first glance this man seemed like nothing special, any fighter would know from a single glance that this man was "strong." This man's name, was Tokita Ohma.

    "Tch, stupid punks. Couldn't even put up a decent fight even when they ganged up on me," the man from the Inside grunted. "At least that white haired kid had enough sense to know he was weak. Might be some hope for him..."

    Suddenly, the fighter ceased his wandering. Something had set off his danger sense honed from years of living in a hostile environment. Turning around, he found a rather large figure, wearing a mask with numerous tubes running through it standing not too far behind him. Even from this brief meeting, Ohma could tell this man was "dangerous."

    "Nice senses boy," the masked stranger spoke, "most street thugs would not have been able to sense me coming up behind them until it was too late."

    Getting into a fighting stance, Ohma quickly turned hostile "Who the hell are you? You with those worms from earlier?"

    Chuckling mirthfully, Bane responded to the young fighter "No, I am not with those scum from earlier. Though I guess you can say that I was sent by 'A Worm.'" the crimelord responded. "You've gotten the attention of some pretty big players, Tokita Ohma, and they're offering a big reward for your head."

    The mention of the Worm sent numerous imagines into Ohma's head. Blurred snapshots of an old man... an effimate boy surrounded by an aura of death... his master Niko... and "that man." While none of these memories made sense, he felt like he should know them. Frustrated, the future Kengan fighter resonded. "I don't know what you're talking about" the Ashura answered simply. "But it sounds like you're looking for a fight. And I love beating the shit out of punks that think they're the strongest. Come on"

    "Heh, at least you're making this interesting. Come, let me show you how Bane broke the World's Greatest Detective" Bane responded to Ohma's challenge.

    FIGHT!

    Base Restricted Ohma vs Base Bane

    SPEED EQUALIZED

    Ohma can use the Advance.

    Bane can use Venom

    Both start 10 feet away

    WHO WINS AND WHY?

    The Ashura: 3

    The Man who Broke the Bat:

    Incon:

      Loading editor
    • BUMP

        Loading editor
    • BUMP

        Loading editor
    • Bane doesn't strike me as on the level of what Ohma fights. Even if it's Base Ohma. What can Bane do?

        Loading editor
    • Believe me Bane is definitely a formidable for for Ohma. While Bane may appear like a meat head, he's skilled enough to fight on relatively even terms with the likes of Batman and Ra's Al Ghul without the use of Venom. He was able to stomp the likes of Killer Croc with his skill without Venom, and usually smacks around most of Batman's rogues gallery in a similar fashion. His tactical planning and intellect make him extremely dangerous, putting him on par with the likes of the aforementioned characters.

      All of this can be increased or decreased depending on the amount of Venom he is using, though he tends to become a mindless berserker when overdosing.

        Loading editor
    • BUMP

        Loading editor
    • Ohma most likely takes it with techniques like chi blockage, flowing edge and redirection kata, plus higher base stamina and being able to cut Bane's venom tubes.

        Loading editor
    • Tbf, Chi Blockage is not a technique that Ohma would use under normal circumstances, and likely does not remember how to do so in this key

        Loading editor
    • Is less likely doesn't and more certainly does not, he doesn't even remember in this key what the actual hell happened in the past.

      Still, Ohma has shown himself being able to keep up and still fight everything but the actual top of the Kengan world by this key. 

        Loading editor
    • Bane is definitely no slouch, that's for damn sure.

        Loading editor
    • First off, love this matchup! Secondly, i'm gonna have to give it to Ohma with high diff. I think Bane is skilled enough to put up one hell of a fight and his pain tolernace and durability are just bonkers!! But i just think ohmas techniques and versatility will get the job done. However, i could also see Bane taking this. If you think about it, Ohma isn't really anything new to Bane and with his sheer skill and XP, I could also see Bane winning. But those are my two cent and honestly, this has got to be one of my favorite matchups i've seen on this site personally. Very cool to imagine.

        Loading editor
    • Might start an EU based on how this fight turns out

        Loading editor
    • BUMP

        Loading editor
    • Ohma take this albeit with some diff, Has more fighting techniques and is generally more versatile.

        Loading editor
    • That’s one vote for Ohma

      This will definitely be a hard fight for him

        Loading editor
    • BUMP

        Loading editor
    • My vote goes to ohma i guess. Went back and forth with this one forever tho.The Asura is in the for one of the best fights of his life!

        Loading editor
    • Two votes for Ohma

        Loading editor
    • BUMP

        Loading editor
    • Ohma high difficulty Iron Breaker & Indestructible give him a gruesome win.

        Loading editor
    • BUMP

      May make an epilogue to this depending how things go

        Loading editor
    • Bane with Venom should be around baseline or just above baseline with Venom, Ohma with Advance > Raian > Saw Paing = 400 Kg of TNT

        Loading editor
    • Does that change the fairness of the fight?

        Loading editor
    • No it doesn't, I was just giving a few reasons why Ohma outclasses Bane in AP.

        Loading editor
    • BUMP

        Loading editor
    • BUMP

        Loading editor
    • BUMP

        Loading editor
    • Ohma FRA

      Also people need to stop saying Bane has stomped Croc without his venom, he was getting beaten up until he played dirty by breaking Croc's arm which probably hadn't completely healed.

        Loading editor
    • I wouldn't call it dirty that Bane broke crocs arm. I see it as a display of strength. Bane saw croc as a threat and wanted  to get rid of him. Actually, Bane saw croc as nothing more than an "animale". Plus Bane has beaten croc way more times than croc has beaten him.

        Loading editor
    • As someone who has made all the respect threads for Killer Croc, I can tell you how they all went:

      Post-Crisis:

      First encounter: Croc isn't in his right mind (he had been tortured in Arkham and been crushed under several tons of sewer water, turning more childish and beastial) and Bane venoms up immediately. He breaks his right arm while Croc is surprised and beats him unconscious. Bane wins an unfair fight. The fight in Batman: TAS is pretty much the same, Croc was caught off-guard.

      Second encounter: Croc is ready this time, breaks the venom device and initially dominates Bane before Bane kicks him off himself and breaks his arm which were in mid-healing, realizing that otherwise he could lose. Croc still manages to hold in there before the bridge they're on collapses and the currents below separate them. No clear winner, but it's easy to see Croc would've won had Bane not gone for the arm.

      Third encounter: Bane fends off all the Arkham Asylum inmates while venom'd up. Obvious PIS.

      New 52:

      First encounter: Bane crashes on Croc from a roof and even with the sneak attack is having a hard time. Croc even manages to bite through the armor he's wearing. Bane knocks him out with a giant metal bat symbol on his chest for a few seconds and tosses him off the Wayne Tower. Bane wins unfairly yet again.

      Second encounter: Venom'd up Bane and Croc have a somewhat even fight but Croc starts to lose... up until he uses his claws and teeth to bite through Bane's veins (and implying he was just waiting for Bane to leave himself more open), de-buffing Bane. Croc wins fair and square, without the venom Bane means very little.

      Any future encounters they could have would end with Croc winning since he has become MUCH stronger than anyone in Batman's rogues gallery and is hardly a Batman villain anymore.

        Loading editor
    • Going Ohma for this one. More amps, a strength hard counter, and Advance= 1 dead Bane

        Loading editor
    • Dark-Carioca wrote:
      As someone who has made all the respect threads for Killer Croc, I can tell you how they all went:

      Post-Crisis:

      First encounter: Croc isn't in his right mind (he had been tortured in Arkham and been crushed under several tons of sewer water, turning more childish and beastial) and Bane venoms up immediately. He breaks his right arm while Croc is surprised and beats him unconscious. Bane wins an unfair fight. The fight in Batman: TAS is pretty much the same, Croc was caught off-guard.

      Second encounter: Croc is ready this time, breaks the venom device and initially dominates Bane before Bane kicks him off himself and breaks his arm which were in mid-healing, realizing that otherwise he could lose. Croc still manages to hold in there before the bridge they're on collapses and the currents below separate them. No clear winner, but it's easy to see Croc would've won had Bane not gone for the arm.

      Third encounter: Bane fends off all the Arkham Asylum inmates while venom'd up. Obvious PIS.

      New 52:

      First encounter: Bane crashes on Croc from a roof and even with the sneak attack is having a hard time. Croc even manages to bite through the armor he's wearing. Bane knocks him out with a giant metal bat symbol on his chest for a few seconds and tosses him off the Wayne Tower. Bane wins unfairly yet again.

      Second encounter: Venom'd up Bane and Croc have a somewhat even fight but Croc starts to lose... up until he uses his claws and teeth to bite through Bane's veins (and implying he was just waiting for Bane to leave himself more open), de-buffing Bane. Croc wins fair and square, without the venom Bane means very little.

      Any future encounters they could have would end with Croc winning since he has become MUCH stronger than anyone in Batman's rogues gallery and is hardly a Batman villain anymore.

      Huh...As a really big DC fan I had known about all of these encounters but I always viewed them as Bane just being stronger and better. But now that you've "enlightened" me a little more, I can clearly see that Croc would have actually won a lot of fights if they were to fight fair and square. Bane won because of his inteligance and used his tactics to win (with the exception of Arkham War but we don't talk about that). From what you said it seems like Croc is actually stronger than Bane and I'm cool with that. Croc needs some more time in the limelight. Now I have some knowledge to add to my ever-expanding journey through DC!

        Loading editor
    • 2 more for Ohma until grace

        Loading editor
    • GODZILLA1GAMER wrote:

      Huh...As a really big DC fan I had known about all of these encounters but I always viewed them as Bane just being stronger and better. But now that you've "enlightened" me a little more, I can clearly see that Croc would have actually won a lot of fights if they were to fight fair and square. Bane won because of his inteligance and used his tactics to win (with the exception of Arkham War but we don't talk about that). From what you said it seems like Croc is actually stronger than Bane and I'm cool with that. Croc needs some more time in the limelight. Now I have some knowledge to add to my ever-expanding journey through DC!

      Yeah, Post-Crisis Croc was stronger than Bane without his Venom, but since his Venom back then made him ten times stronger, he cleared the gap between the two quite quickly. In the New 52 the two were more even and currently speaking Bane's nowhere near Croc's league.

      Had it been Pre-Crisis Croc, back when Waylon was as smart and as skillful as Bane (who straight up ripped him off tbh), it would've been different.

        Loading editor
    • Dark-Carioca wrote:

      GODZILLA1GAMER wrote:

      Huh...As a really big DC fan I had known about all of these encounters but I always viewed them as Bane just being stronger and better. But now that you've "enlightened" me a little more, I can clearly see that Croc would have actually won a lot of fights if they were to fight fair and square. Bane won because of his inteligance and used his tactics to win (with the exception of Arkham War but we don't talk about that). From what you said it seems like Croc is actually stronger than Bane and I'm cool with that. Croc needs some more time in the limelight. Now I have some knowledge to add to my ever-expanding journey through DC!

      Yeah, Post-Crisis Croc was stronger than Bane without his Venom, but since his Venom back then made him ten times stronger, he cleared the gap between the two quite quickly. In the New 52 the two were more even and currently speaking Bane's nowhere near Croc's league.

      Had it been Pre-Crisis Croc, back when Waylon was as smart and as skillful as Bane (who straight up ripped him off tbh), it would've been different.

      Well shit.

        Loading editor
    • Ohma FRA

        Loading editor
    • If Yang vs Ohma was a stomp how is this fair?

        Loading editor
    • Only you called it a stomp

      Even then Bane is much more skilled the pre skip Yang

        Loading editor
    • Actually, isn't Bane baseline in this form?

        Loading editor
    • I mean everyone agreed with me to the point that it was agreed to change the opponent but okay

      Yes, he is

        Loading editor
    • Then yes, Ohma Stomps

        Loading editor
    • Isn’t Bane Vaseline just by using Venom? Iirc he can go past that with more juice, just risks going berserk

        Loading editor
    • Is he OOC here? 'cause he wouldn't do that in-character if he has experienced it before, Bane came to hate relying on it over time.

        Loading editor
    • Wait where is baseline Bane coming from? I thought his 10x multiplier put him midway into Building level?

        Loading editor
    • When he's on Venom, yeah.

      He's more or less on Batman's level without it.

        Loading editor
    • Both Ohma and Bane are pretty even in terms of base strength. Also, Ohma, much like Bane, doesn’t bust out his 8-C amp right away in character, only when he’s pushed to it since by this point he’s aware of the negative consequences it has.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah if this is EOS1 Ohma, dude is a calm, collected, levelheaded fighter. Not likely to gas himself out from the get-go

        Loading editor
    • BUMP

        Loading editor
    • BUMP

        Loading editor
    • 1 more until grace for Ohma

        Loading editor
    • Please remember that this is pre-Kengan Asura Ohma, the reckless hotheaded jackass, and not post-KA Ohma, who's calm and collected. I'd vote for Ohma, but I want people taking this into account first.

        Loading editor
    • This is Ohma as of his match with Raian, who learned some of the importance of techniques over brute strength and knows the consequences of abusing the Advance.

        Loading editor
    • Really? Could've sworn that at the latest this is post-Inaba Ohma. Since post-Raian Ohma already regained his memories, if not fully.

        Loading editor
    • It’s like right before he had his vision with Niko where he fully awoke his memories and got his second wind

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.