FANDOM


  • Let's get into the details of this versus thread.

    -Speed Equalized

    -Both in Character

    -Location: Open field

    -Range: 4.5 meters

    -Win via KO

    Votes:

    Korra: 1

    Aang: 7 (Gilad Hyperstar, Zenkaibattery1, Fanbatant, XSOULOFCINDERX, Ionliosite, Sergeant Hypocrite, Leon Help4)

    Inconclusive: 1 (DatBoiBrown)

      Loading editor
    • bump

        Loading editor
    • Tie. I don't think an avatar can be better than the other.

        Loading editor
    • Aang goes in Avatar State and wins since she lost all her past lives and her own AS should be quite less effective. >_>

        Loading editor
    • They have to stay in their High 8-C state.

        Loading editor
    • Korra's got that physical strangth...It'd be a tough fight for Aang. I think he could pull through tho.

        Loading editor
    • Can Aang take away her bending in his High 8-C form? Since if not, Aang could win by taking away Korra's bending.

      If he can't then I would say it's inconclusive, since the battle could go both ways

        Loading editor
    • No, he had to go into avatar state to do that.

        Loading editor
    • Aang is an infinitely better airbender than her, but worse in the other three, aside from his ability to Seismic Sense.

        Loading editor
    • Vote Korra?

        Loading editor
    • Not necessarily. Her tactics are worse than Aang's, being wayyy too aggressive, which is something Aang is used to exploiting.

        Loading editor
    • Aang can still use the seismic sense to predict Korra's attacks similar to how he did with Ozai, which means that Korra would have a hard time hitting Aang before he can predict where the attack would go and simply dodge it, or counter it with his own bending

      I also disagree with Aang being a worse waterbender, since it was stated that Aang only need to master Earthbending (though not by that much, as Toph stated in episide 58 I think) and firebending (for obvious reasons).

      Also, Korra literally just go and attack with little to no strategy, which explain why Korra lost to Unalak in her avatar state (he was the dark avatar there) despite mastering also earth and firebending. I guess that it could go similarly to Aang vs Zhao (Start from about 2:00) .

      I think I'll change my vote to Aang actually now that I'm thinking about it

        Loading editor
    • Aang FRA.

        Loading editor
    • Aang FRA.

        Loading editor
    • bump

        Loading editor
    • Aang FRA.

        Loading editor
    • bump

        Loading editor
    • bump

        Loading editor
    • bump

        Loading editor
    • Aang FRA

        Loading editor
    • Aang FRA

        Loading editor
    • bump

        Loading editor
    • Aang is the avatar and you gotta deal with it!



      Aka. Aang fra

        Loading editor
    • Why the hell did Aang win again?

      The whole thing about Korras' tactics being worse than Aangs' is true, but compared to Aang Korra has a much higher winrate with her strength. Plus, it's worth nothing that she was able to beat Kuvira, an opponent who was very agile and quick on her feet and had even exploited her style once before, showing that she would far from autolose versus Aaangs'. Plus, Korra can make tactical decisions as well; she's not an idiot.

      We've seen multiple times that Aang does not do well under any sort of constant offensive pressure. During season 3, Zuko was able to put Aang on the edge despite not even trying to capture or kill him. Azula was able to overpower him on multiple occasions. Fire Lord Ozai did as well. To be fair, FLord was under the influence of Sozins' comet, but it still stands as a point. Whenever Aang faces a competent all-out attacker, he loses.

      It also doesn't help that Aang would have never faced someone like Korra, meanwhile Korra already has massive advantages in the fact that she was taught by an Airbender, Tenzin, who was taught by fucking Aang himself. So she would absolutely know what Aang would be doing and, as we've seen, would overwhelm and overpower him. Doesn't help that Aangs' second-most used element, Water, is literally Korras' primary element.

      Aang and Korra, when using their avatar states, are about equal; because, from a powerscaling perspective, Korras' bending is FAR stronger than Aangs naturally, and it only evens out via the avatar state. Except as an extra caveat, Aang can't access the avatar state willingly-he never can, actually. It more or less activates a few moments before Aang is about to lose, or when hes' in extreme emotional pain. It has never activated reactively. Plus, even if he did go into the AS, Korra could just strike him down midst his transformation, like Azula did. However, Korra can access her AS immediately, meaning that she can just OHKO Aang immediately. Doesn't help that the AS doesn't revive the user from unconsciousness, either-or death.

      As a little bit of extra spice on the pot, Korra has been training as an Avatar her entire life, as opposed to Aang having trained for about a year in total, so that's about 15-17 years of combat experience and avatar training combined to Aangs' literal one. To make things even worse for him, she learnt waterbending from fucking Katara. Korra also has more combat experience in general, as her adventures last multiple years.



      To summarize, Korra has: -Far better bending -Her fighting style can and will beat Aangs' -Has greater AP -Isn't slower than him -Can nuke him with AoE -Far more combat experience -Far better durability -Better stamina as well,

      Yeah she gg no res' Aang. Assuming neither combatant has access to the avatar state, it's less of a stomp but Korra still wins.

        Loading editor
    • Ayewale wrote:
      Why the hell did Aang win again?

      The whole thing about Korras' tactics being worse than Aangs' is true, but compared to Aang Korra has a much higher winrate with her strength. Plus, it's worth nothing that she was able to beat Kuvira, an opponent who was very agile and quick on her feet and had even exploited her style once before, showing that she would far from autolose versus Aaangs'. Plus, Korra can make tactical decisions as well; she's not an idiot.

      We've seen multiple times that Aang does not do well under any sort of constant offensive pressure. During season 3, Zuko was able to put Aang on the edge despite not even trying to capture or kill him. Azula was able to overpower him on multiple occasions. Fire Lord Ozai did as well. To be fair, FLord was under the influence of Sozins' comet, but it still stands as a point. Whenever Aang faces a competent all-out attacker, he loses.

      It also doesn't help that Aang would have never faced someone like Korra, meanwhile Korra already has massive advantages in the fact that she was taught by an Airbender, Tenzin, who was taught by fucking Aang himself. So she would absolutely know what Aang would be doing and, as we've seen, would overwhelm and overpower him. Doesn't help that Aangs' second-most used element, Water, is literally Korras' primary element.

      Aang and Korra, when using their avatar states, are about equal; because, from a powerscaling perspective, Korras' bending is FAR stronger than Aangs naturally, and it only evens out via the avatar state. Except as an extra caveat, Aang can't access the avatar state willingly-he never can, actually. It more or less activates a few moments before Aang is about to lose, or when hes' in extreme emotional pain. It has never activated reactively. Plus, even if he did go into the AS, Korra could just strike him down midst his transformation, like Azula did. However, Korra can access her AS immediately, meaning that she can just OHKO Aang immediately. Doesn't help that the AS doesn't revive the user from unconsciousness, either-or death.

      As a little bit of extra spice on the pot, Korra has been training as an Avatar her entire life, as opposed to Aang having trained for about a year in total, so that's about 15-17 years of combat experience and avatar training combined to Aangs' literal one. To make things even worse for him, she learnt waterbending from fucking Katara. Korra also has more combat experience in general, as her adventures last multiple years.



      To summarize, Korra has: -Far better bending -Her fighting style can and will beat Aangs' -Has greater AP -Isn't slower than him -Can nuke him with AoE -Far more combat experience -Far better durability -Better stamina as well,

      Yeah she gg no res' Aang. Assuming neither combatant has access to the avatar state, it's less of a stomp but Korra still wins.

      Avatar States are restricted here, since they aren't High 8-C with it, so this arguments is moot.

      Korra wouldn't be able to nuke Aang as she's High 8-C like him, and he managed to block 8-B Fire from Ozai with Earth shields. Also, Aang has far better mobility and he fought many opponents that attacks like her such as Zhao and Zuko.

      For your Waterbending point, Aang not only learned Waterbending from Katara as well, but he was also taught by her teacher Master Paku. Also, both have mastered the bending so Korra does NOT have the advantage over Aang there.

      As for Firebending, Korra is obviously superior, but Aang rarely attacks with Firebending anyway and can deal with her Firebending with Earthbending or Waterbending. Or simply avoid her attacks like how he did against Zhao.

      And as for Korra being Superior to Aang's airbending? That's got to be the biggest joke I've ever heard regarding them. Sure, Korra probably attacks more with it (but will notvstart with it in character), but Aang is so much above her in terms of abilities and creativity with how to use it, and in the series, he used it in many ways that far eclipses Korra's creative decisions with the bending.

      Also, Aang has two more major advantages against Korra. The first is his battling style. Aang is quick to analyse battle style and will quickly figure out Korra's battling style and weaknesses (which was exploited by every villain she fought against in all 4 seasons), and will act accordingly.

      The second advantage is his seissmic vision, which he learned from Toph, the greatest Earthbending of All Time. This ability allows him to feel the vibrations on the grounds, and that allows him to predict what his foe will do. Like how he used it to block Ozai's fire even after reverting back from the Avatar state. It's also passive, as long as Korra attacks on the ground.

      In conclusion, Aang still wins and this is why

        Loading editor
    • Aang's mobility won't matter much as several opponents have managed to tag him. Plus, Korra still has huge AoE.

      Korra ABSOLUTELY  has superior waterbending, as she learnt it from Katara and it's her primary element so that's not an argument, she has a greater mastery over waterbending.

      Aang's 8-B shields are nice but it took great difficult for him to make them, and he definitely didn't create them reactively or on the fly. And speed is equalized. They'd just run down his stamina and then let Korra eventually take the win.

      Korra's firebending is her wincondition, what? A non-bloodlusted non full-power Zuko was able to nearly take out Aang with his firebending. Azula managed to soundly defeat Aang with her firebending on 2 occasions, and I think during the second one she was dealing with Katara simultaneously. Korra would win via firebending. Keep in mind, during the Zuko v Aang example Aang nearly got hit, and the fight only stopped because Zuko wanted to prove a point.

      I never said her airbending was superior to Aangs', don't mince my words. I only said she'd be perfectly used to it.

      Anyways, you say that her weaknesses were exploited by every single villain, but you forget that Korra overcame every single villain in the series too. I already mentioned this. Meanwhile, Aangs' fighting style that supposedly dicks on all-out attackers was triumped on 4 different occasions by the very same all-out attackers, and he only managed to repel fire lord ozai because of the avatar state. Meanwhile, Korra managed to defeat the villains who exploited her weakness. And Korra already knows Aangs' fighting style to begin with, so she has a big advantage there.

      Seismis sense is cool and all but Korra being quick on her feet would make this hard to use. Let's not also forget that Aangs' Seismic Sense sucks; he was only able to accurately predict a defeated Fire Lord Ozai and it was far from instant. He was also only able to do it whilst concentrating, as opposed to Toph just using it reactively mid-battle.



      Korra still has all her other advantages, too, so Aang loses hard. All Aang can do is run away and defend, which has failed many times.

        Loading editor
    • Ayewale wrote:
      Aang's mobility won't matter much as several opponents have managed to tag him. Plus, Korra still has huge AoE.

      Korra ABSOLUTELY  has superior waterbending, as she learnt it from Katara and it's her primary element so that's not an argument, she has a greater mastery over waterbending.

      Aang's 8-B shields are nice but it took great difficult for him to make them, and he definitely didn't create them reactively or on the fly. And speed is equalized. They'd just run down his stamina and then let Korra eventually take the win.

      Korra's firebending is her wincondition, what? A non-bloodlusted non full-power Zuko was able to nearly take out Aang with his firebending. Azula managed to soundly defeat Aang with her firebending on 2 occasions, and I think during the second one she was dealing with Katara simultaneously. Korra would win via firebending. Keep in mind, during the Zuko v Aang example Aang nearly got hit, and the fight only stopped because Zuko wanted to prove a point.

      I never said her airbending was superior to Aangs', don't mince my words. I only said she'd be perfectly used to it.

      Anyways, you say that her weaknesses were exploited by every single villain, but you forget that Korra overcame every single villain in the series too. I already mentioned this. Meanwhile, Aangs' fighting style that supposedly dicks on all-out attackers was triumped on 4 different occasions by the very same all-out attackers, and he only managed to repel fire lord ozai because of the avatar state. Meanwhile, Korra managed to defeat the villains who exploited her weakness. And Korra already knows Aangs' fighting style to begin with, so she has a big advantage there.

      Seismis sense is cool and all but Korra being quick on her feet would make this hard to use. Let's not also forget that Aangs' Seismic Sense sucks; he was only able to accurately predict a defeated Fire Lord Ozai and it was far from instant. He was also only able to do it whilst concentrating, as opposed to Toph just using it reactively mid-battle.



      Korra still has all her other advantages, too, so Aang loses hard. All Aang can do is run away and defend, which has failed many times.

      You're underestimating Aang by a lot. Korra's waterbending isn't superior to his, and primary elements doesn't matter at all in this case. Aang also knows how use Water against her as well.

      Korra managed to defeat the villains? Let's see:

      1) Amon was beaten because she suddenly unlocked Airbending (which he's weak against anyway, since Tenzin was able to hold his own and even blow him away, while other benders were stomped by him, including Korra) and the fact that it hit him by surprise, that wouldn't happen with Aang.

      2) Korra did not defeated the Dark Avatar, and he managed time after time to exploit her weakness and seperate Raava from her. He only was defeated with a help from Jinora and a technique that won't work on Aang.

      3) She didn't defeated Zaheer either, even ib her Avatar State he managed to escape, and was only brought down by a whirlwind created by many airbenders.

      4) Kuvira also managed to take out Korra as well even with Avatar state in the battle for Zaofu, and was fighting on equal grounds with her even in the finale. She won only after Kuvira blasted her with spirit cannon and created the new portal.

      As for "Let's not also forget that Aangs' Seismic Sense sucks". First of all, this is still a major advantage over Korra, especially since it makes her attacks even more predictable (Remember Korra vs Old Toph ?) Aang is much more agile and light on his feet than her, even if speed is equalized. Also, Aang has used this abilities much earlier than the battle against Ozai as well as a part of his training with Toph. And Katara attacked him as well . And Sokkat

      As for the " it was far from instant.:" point, No. That wasn't far from instant, As soon as Ozai even started to move in order to attack, Aang already felt it, and was already countering it. Also, even while defeated, Ozai is still a massive threat and was still capable of severly harming base Aang.

      "A non-bloodlusted non full-power Zuko was able to nearly take out Aang with his firebending" I think you refer to this scene. Aang wasn't trying to attack Zuko there for the most part and when he finally did, he used Airbending to knock him out of the building.

      That and Aang was also able to take some hits from Ozai as well and fight him. He even survived and re-directed his amped lightning, and he would've killed him on the spot if not for his "no-kill" nature, which is dropped in VS matches, so he would definitely kill Korra in such a situation.

      As for Azula defeating him, the first one is in the drill , in which Azula was far superior to him in power anyway (High 8-C Azula vs. 8-C Aang). And Aang kind of held off well on his own and even managed to turn the battle in his favor after getting knocked out by her.

      The Power difference between Aang and Korra is much smaller between that of Aang and Azula in this fight. Also, the other time where Azula beated him is when she blasted him with lightning behind his back in the Season 2 finale. Which he was unguarded and was taken out by surprise.

      "Korra already knows Aangs' fighting style to begin with, so she has a big advantage there". No she doesn't, or else she would have defeated Zaheer, who has a fighting style very similar to Aang, except that Zaheer is obviously a lot more aggresive than Aang. But even if she knew, Aang has far more tricks in his sleeve than her and he would definitely give her a lot of trouble to deal with his fightning. Also, as I explained, Aang adapts his battling style based on opponent, and this would be no different with Korra. Korra was even told by Tenzin countless times that she goes too much head on, in sense that she usually goes all out for attack without much strategy or battle tactics, and even with waterbending she had trouble fighting Tarlok at first. Not to mention that Unalaq exploited her battle style to steal Raava from her

        Loading editor
    • Vote Korra FRA.

        Loading editor
    • Korras' waterbending is definitely superior. She was tought by an elderly, more experienced Katara, as well as other mentors, for about 15-18 years, compared to Aang being taught by a novice character for about a week total? Hell, Aang even taught himself to some extent. And Korra's primary element is water, so she has an inherent advantage. Cherry on top is that Korra has more impressive water feats. Even the people voting Aang above agree that Korra is a better bender in all manners save for Airbending.

      1.)Yes, she defeated Amon in this fight. And in prior fights she was able to keep up with him as well after a lot of exhaustion.

      1.5) Thank you for reminding me about this, actually. Amon was able to tank fucking lightning at point-blank and walk it off, whereas Korra was able to soundly one-shot him with an airbending blast she'd barely developed. So Korra would be able to literally one-shot Aang, unless you would argue that he survives lightning.

      2.) I'll concede on the dark avatar.

      3.) Zaheer didn't manage to soundly defeat her either, and she did take down the Red Lotus-who were the primary antagonists.

      4.) Kuvira managed to take down a Korra that had metal poison in her blood, of all things. And in their final fight, Korra managed to take her down despite Kuvira exploiting her weaknesses and being about as mobile and evasive as Aang.

      The seismic sense isn't a major advantage over Korra. In fact, Aang hasn't even used before the Ozai fight, showing that it's not even combat-applicable (again, ozai was defeated and extremely exhausted when Aang used it). Plus, Korra's main attacking strategy is to lunge at the enemy with a jump. Training with toph is a lot different from an actual combat scenario. (Also a slight possibility that she might catch unto Aang using seismic sense since she's seen Toph use it.)

      Redirecting Ozai's lightning is not a show of power. Not like Korra can use lightning anyways, as far as I recall. And Aang for the most part was nearly never hit. Most of his attacks against Ozai (at least until he entered his avatar state) were deflected or just easily avoided. Korra is already agile and fast, and should be capable of creating waterspouts and potentially even fire-spouts to give herself aerial mobility, as well as just jetting herself through the air if she feels like it.

      As for the Ozai example, compare the time it took for Ozai to move when Aang was concentrating and when he was exhausted to the literal fucking instant it takes for Toph to detect someones' foot touching the ground. In comparison to Tophs', Aang is terrible. Aang is capable of predicting an opponent in non-combat with extreme focus; Toph literally uses it casually. They're not comparable at all.

      Aang not trying to attack Zuko is a moot point. In the massive majority of his fights Aang is primarily on the defensive side of things anyways, so him not attacking here is just instinct.

      While Korra and Aang have similar AP, Korras' attacks are, on average, far more destructive than Aangs'. You also, conveniently, didn't mention their fight in the Ba Sing Se tunnels, which is a fight that very much supports my point, because Azula was very much on top of things throughout the whole fight.

      Zaheer is completely different from Aang and they aren't even comparable. First off, I'd argue Zaheer is a better airbender, as he studied the element for decades and mastered it in a few weeks, compared to Aang mastering it when he was 12. Second off, even you mention that Zaheer is primarily aggressive, which means that their fighting styles nor their skills relate to each other. And how would Aang have more tricks up his sleeve? Korra had at least 15 years to develop 'tricks' and is a better bender to but. Plus, it was explicitly stated that Aang taught Tenzin everything he knew, as Tenzin was one of like, 4 airbenders alive.

      Aang doesn't really adapt his battle style in fights where he gets pressured. See the examples I've mentioned previously.

      Nearly every single time Korra has gotten ratted out has been in earlier seasons. By the end of the series she straight-up defeats an opponent in single combat that had previously outsmarted her, so her weakness of being headstrong might not even apply anymore. Not that it held her back too much anyways (again, her winrate is far more impressive than Aangs').

        Loading editor
    • Ayewale wrote:
      Korras' waterbending is definitely superior. She was tought by an elderly, more experienced Katara, as well as other mentors, for about 15-18 years, compared to Aang being taught by a novice character for about a week total? Hell, Aang even taught himself to some extent. And Korra's primary element is water, so she has an inherent advantage. Cherry on top is that Korra has more impressive water feats. Even the people voting Aang above agree that Korra is a better bender in all manners save for Airbending.

      1.)Yes, she defeated Amon in this fight. And in prior fights she was able to keep up with him as well after a lot of exhaustion.

      1.5) Thank you for reminding me about this, actually. Amon was able to tank fucking lightning at point-blank and walk it off, whereas Korra was able to soundly one-shot him with an airbending blast she'd barely developed. So Korra would be able to literally one-shot Aang, unless you would argue that he survives lightning.

      2.) I'll concede on the dark avatar.

      3.) Zaheer didn't manage to soundly defeat her either, and she did take down the Red Lotus-who were the primary antagonists.

      4.) Kuvira managed to take down a Korra that had metal poison in her blood, of all things. And in their final fight, Korra managed to take her down despite Kuvira exploiting her weaknesses and being about as mobile and evasive as Aang.

      The seismic sense isn't a major advantage over Korra. In fact, Aang hasn't even used before the Ozai fight, showing that it's not even combat-applicable (again, ozai was defeated and extremely exhausted when Aang used it). Plus, Korra's main attacking strategy is to lunge at the enemy with a jump. Training with toph is a lot different from an actual combat scenario. (Also a slight possibility that she might catch unto Aang using seismic sense since she's seen Toph use it.)

      Redirecting Ozai's lightning is not a show of power. Not like Korra can use lightning anyways, as far as I recall. And Aang for the most part was nearly never hit. Most of his attacks against Ozai (at least until he entered his avatar state) were deflected or just easily avoided. Korra is already agile and fast, and should be capable of creating waterspouts and potentially even fire-spouts to give herself aerial mobility, as well as just jetting herself through the air if she feels like it.

      As for the Ozai example, compare the time it took for Ozai to move when Aang was concentrating and when he was exhausted to the literal fucking instant it takes for Toph to detect someones' foot touching the ground. In comparison to Tophs', Aang is terrible. Aang is capable of predicting an opponent in non-combat with extreme focus; Toph literally uses it casually. They're not comparable at all.

      Aang not trying to attack Zuko is a moot point. In the massive majority of his fights Aang is primarily on the defensive side of things anyways, so him not attacking here is just instinct.

      While Korra and Aang have similar AP, Korras' attacks are, on average, far more destructive than Aangs'. You also, conveniently, didn't mention their fight in the Ba Sing Se tunnels, which is a fight that very much supports my point, because Azula was very much on top of things throughout the whole fight.

      Zaheer is completely different from Aang and they aren't even comparable. First off, I'd argue Zaheer is a better airbender, as he studied the element for decades and mastered it in a few weeks, compared to Aang mastering it when he was 12. Second off, even you mention that Zaheer is primarily aggressive, which means that their fighting styles nor their skills relate to each other. And how would Aang have more tricks up his sleeve? Korra had at least 15 years to develop 'tricks' and is a better bender to but. Plus, it was explicitly stated that Aang taught Tenzin everything he knew, as Tenzin was one of like, 4 airbenders alive.

      Aang doesn't really adapt his battle style in fights where he gets pressured. See the examples I've mentioned previously.

      Nearly every single time Korra has gotten ratted out has been in earlier seasons. By the end of the series she straight-up defeats an opponent in single combat that had previously outsmarted her, so her weakness of being headstrong might not even apply anymore. Not that it held her back too much anyways (again, her winrate is far more impressive than Aangs').

      1) Korra did NOT one shotted Amon, she merely knocked him to the water, after which he came perfectly fine with no injuries or anything, and was defeated because he got exposed. Also,  there's no reason to assume that Mako used a full power bolt when he was bloodbended. To remind you, to make Lightning strong a fire bender need to prepare it for few seconds. Instant lightnings like the ones Mako used aren't nearly as strong. When he made a powerful lightning, he prepared it for few seconds before.

      2) Novice?!?! Master Paku is definitely not a novice, and Aang learned from him. Also, both mastered waterbending as well as Aang was very creative with them as well. She might have slight AP advantage, but they're equally skillful with Waterbending.

      3) Zaheer straight up exploited her weakness to go head on to battles without much thinking and just kept avoiding her until the poison overpowered her. It was only after he was trapped in a whirlwind by many other airbenders that he got defeated

      4) You ignored Kuvira entirely, and Kuvira also exploited her weaknesses mant times. I even showed you the exact scene so now it's just ignorance. and this sentance is the proof "Nearly every single time Korra has gotten ratted out has been in earlier seasons", when in both times she fought Kuvira , as well as fighting Zaheer, they exploited her weaknesses.

      Also, Kuvira easily evaded base Korra's attacks, and Zaheer avoided her Avatar state attacks, so there's no reason to assume Aang wouldn't be able to dodge those attacks as well. Even when speed equalized and especially with no avatar states.

      I mentioned the fight in Ba Sing Se's tunnels, and Azula one shotted him only by surprise. Before that, he was overwhelmed eventually sure, but he held his own against her when she: A) went all out to capture him or kill him and B) She had a massive AP advantage over him (3.7 or so Tons vs 1.2 Tons, about 3 times power difference). Korra's power difference to Aang is far less than being close to 3, so Aang would stand against her just fine.

      The fact that Korra trained for 15 years doesn't mean she got more tricks than Aang, especially since her battle tactics is still going head on for battles, and you just downplay Aang by saying that he doesn't analyse battle styles, when in character he clearly do. That's how he defeats a lot of stronger characters such as Zuko, Zhao and even King Bumi, who is an earthbending master and trained for 100 years. He manages to exploit their weaknesses and think outside of box.

        Loading editor
    • Oh my god stop quoting large text walls. Dude this stuff is unreadable on mobile.

        Loading editor
    • Anyways:

      1.) She was able to send him flying when a lightning bolt couldn't. 1.5)It's been shown that lightning doesn't necessarily depend on casting time to be strong. Look at Azula, who can one-shot Aang with no prep, or Fire-Lord Ozai, who can shoot huge plumes of lightning with less than a second of preparation (referring to Day of Black Sun). So it was full blast. 1.75)He didn't rise immediately from the water despite being a master waterbender, so it's fair to assume the blast at least disoriented him for a few seconds when lightning could not.

      2.) He learnt a lot of his waterbending from Katara, by actually watching her fight. Prior to the series' beginning Katara had rarely waterbent (if at all, I think she said she had never waterbent before). And no, Korra is more skillful. I've already explained why. And she has a GREAT ap advantage over him, don't sugarcoat things.

      3.)Okay, I'll let go on zaheer, but I've already mentioned that she can keep up with a much more experienced airbender. And it doesn't invalidate my points on zaheer =/= aang.

      4.)I...didn't ignore kuvira? You even referenced the sentence where I mentioned her. If I recall, you didn't post any scene regarding Kuvira. Also, when I said 'nearly every single time she got ratted out...' I was clearly and obviously talking about how people say she's headstrong and whatnot. Like, explicitly say. It was clear.

      Kuvira evading her base attacks was mostly in referece to when she was poisoned, and korra fought squarely with kuvira later on. And again, Zaheer >>>> Aang, so there's little reason to say they're comparable. Plus, again, I've already said this 3 times, Aang has been defeated by all-out attackers several times.

      5.) Surprise or not, lightning would have killed him. In fact, Azul could've fired lightning anytime during the fight and killed Aang, since he would literally have no firebending to redirect it with. And while he held his own, he was clearly at a disadvantage.

      5.5) Aang never matched Azulas' AP with his own, only dodging her attacks and occasionally blocking. Korras' attacks have a much higher AP than his (look at their feats) and she also benefits from having MUCH more aoe than Azula.

      6) Training for 15-18 years (I never stated it was just 15, good on your part for ignoring that though) under Tenzin would definitely make her acquainted with whatever tricks Aang would have. I never said Aang never analyzed his opponents' battle styles, it's just that versus Zuko, Azula, Azula again and the Fire Lord, it never really helped. He nearly always defaulted to just dodging and occasionally attacking.

      Saying Zhao > Aang is really laughable. Zuko, sure, but Zuko is far worse at fighting than Korra (at least at the time. We even see that S3 Zuko shits on Aang). And Aang only defeated King Bumi because he wasn't fighting seriously. In fact, if I remember correctly, King Bumi had a great upper hand on the guy for the majority of their fight. Aang was fighting to save Katara and Sokka, so he was definitely fighting seriously, and Bumi was just hanging out.

        Loading editor
    • Regarding Amon, the fact that he didn't rose from the water immediately is possibly becauae he was still affected by the lightning bolt. And Mako was bloodbended at the time, so he barely had any control over his body at this point, so it's definitely not like how Ozai did his lightning in the day of the black sun, where he had access to his full power immediately after.

      When Korra fought Kuvira, Korra already extracted out all of the poison in her body and regained her Avatar state back, and she still got defeated by her. Even in round 2, Kuvira still matched Korra despite Korra being clearly more skilled due to her battling sttyle.

      Korra doesn't fight like Azula, who always exploits the weaknesses of her enemies. She usually goes all out withoyt much thought.

      Also yeah, Zhao was stronger than Aang in Season 1. He was comparable to Zuko at the time, who is stronger than Season 1 Aang in this wiki (9-A vs. 8-C) and his firebendong could clearly harm Aang (and even burned him as seen in the end of the episode). And in his fights with Azula and Zhao he didn't have seissmic sense, while in this fight, he has it and even learned to use it for wuite some time (even before the black sun).

      Seissmic sense would allow Aang to know what she's going to do and dodge it. He can even do it with his eyes closed and I already showed you this scene. Korra would have a very hard time landing a hit on him even with speed equalized with this ability

      Also, sure, Bumi wasn't fighting seriously, but Season 1 Aang is much weaker than Season 3 Aang, and he still held his own against much stronget threats than himself, sich as Zuko in Season 1, Azula and Ozai, while Korra lost against Unalaq (she only won after turning giant and getting help from Jinora), and didn't defeat Zaheer either, even with bloodlusted Avatar State. And I already showed you Korra struggling with Kuvira.

      Please show me the feats that Korra's AP are "much higher" than Aang since IIRC, both scale to being baseline High 8-C. Not to mention that Aang is High 8-C with all of his bendings in Season 3.

      Again, the fact that she have been training with Tenzin doesn't mean at all that she knows everything Aang can do, and how to deal with his techniques. She doesn't do with Airbending nearly as much as Aang do, and he's definitely better airbender than her by a lot. Saying that she's a better airbender because she trained with Tenzin (while barely using any of his airbending advices) is a joke.

      Also 15 years because 4-18, that's 14 years, and another year in Season 4, that's 15. Korra didn't train when she was poisoned.

      It just seems you underestimate Aang too much here. Also, since it's a VS match, his no killing attitude will go away, meaning that he is willing to kill here. Also, Aggressiveness isn't always better, and Aang has dealt with many opponents who attacked similarly to Korra (mainly Zhao and almost every time he battled Zuko before his redemption)

        Loading editor
    • Him being affected by the lightning bolt is pure speculation, and he was fighting perfectly fine immediately after, so it's safe to say he wasn't. And even if you argue Mako was weaker due to bloodbending, Ozai literally had the smallest fucking sliver of the sun he could receive, made even worse by the fact that he was underground.

      And unless I misremember things, if there were only 2 rounds, then in which fight are you referring to where she had the poison removed from her?

      Korra going all-out "without much thought" is just blatantly untrue. To say I'm underestimating Aang is a joke if you assume that Korra is a tactless fighter. Because she goes all-out does not mean she fights without thought: look at her final fight versus Kuvira. If she was so brainless, she would have lost. You even called her skilled in the last paragraph.

      Zhao wasn't very 'comparable' to Zuko, as he more or less defeated him with minimal effort.

      If you say anything about me saying Korra is a better airbender than Aang again I'll honestly just drop this argument. I never said such. I only said she'd be accustomed with Aangs' strategies and teachings. So shut up about this.

      I already explained that Aangs' seismic sense wasn't combat applicable. Plus, Korra ohkos him anyways. Also, wait a fucking second, you can't even use seismic sense unless you're on the ground, which Aang typically isn't, so he's not even going to get the chance to use it all that much, assuming he can even use it.

      Zuko season 1 is not nearly as strong as season 3 or even 2 Azula. Azula defeated Aang on almost every occasion. Firelord Ozai was even able to talk with levity during his fight with Aang and was almost completely unchallenged by the guy until Aang reflected his lightning.

      Look up any feats of Korras' regular bending compared to Aangs' and you'll see my point. Even Antoine Bandele, whose an Avatar Expert and believes that Aang beats Korra in a fight, agrees that Korra is stronger.

      Anyways, she knows everything Aang can do as a default, as Aang explicitly taught Tenzin "everything he knew" and she learnt airbending from him as well for all her life (she simply sucked at it, but she still retains info). Her fights with Zaheer would also give her enough experience to at least have a decent idea with how to deal with Aang, that and her training, AND the fact that she's beaten mobile and speedy opponents before (Kuvira).

      Korra was only poisoned for six months. She was bending all elements casually when she was 3 and she is currently 21. Fun fact: Korra could properly bend a fireball and could even make very agile movements, as a 3-year-old. (Fairly proper bending stances, which is extremely impressive). This speaks a lot for her mobility.

      Also, if you say Aang is stronger with his no-kill mentality, that applies to Korra as well for the most part. And Aang's winrate is shit; most of him "dealing" with opponents is simply running circles around them or never engaging. His philosophy is that of not fighting the enemy...even when fighting the enemy. He doesn't win many of his fights because he never really goes aggressively at all in combat, apart from some instances.

        Loading editor
    • Firebending work underground just fine, and is as powerful, as seen in the Ba Sing Se tunnels.

      Also, I don't think that it mattered how much of the sun is apperant, since firebenders attack perfectly fine at night as well, and only become powerless when the sun is completely blocked by the moon.

      Zhao was able to fight Zuko and get the upper hand at first, and even though he lost in the end, he's still well above Aang in terms of AP at the time and his firebending were clearly threatening him.

      Korra did not spent only six months poisoned. She was barely able to move for six months and only after that point was even able to get to Naga, who was across the room. Also, Korra greatly suffered from the poison even three years after Zaheer, and couldn't fight properly until she met Toph. Not to mention she was greatly traumatized as well.

      Korra was beaten by Kuvira the first time, this is a fact, and in the second time, she beated Kuvira with great difficulty and was only beated her because of her superior bending abilities.

      Aang's no kill mentality is dropped from this fight, so he is willing to kill Korra if needed. And even though he's non aggressive, it doesn't mean he won't fight at all, since that's blatantly false.

      Another blantantly false thing you said is regarding his seissmic vision. I already showed you the scene where Aang used it to counter Katara and Toph using their bending at him at once, as well as casually countering Ozai as well. Saying that it's not combat applicable when it was directly used for combat purposes is just ignorance.

      Korra has no good way to deal with seissmic sense and she was casually beaten by Toph due to this skill. (I know Korra was still poisoned but even when she is not poisoned she never had a good answer to counter this). And yes, I know Aang is not on the ground usually, but if they do get on the ground, she's in a massive disadvantage. Not to mention Aang has far superior mobility to her and he can casually fly as well with the glider. Korra can't fly as high as him and she don't go much in the air in character.

      Also, her battle tactics are usually not that good as well, and she is headstrong and usually goes all out in battles, which resulted her getting defeated by characters comparable to her such as Unalaq, Kuvira and techincally Zaheet too, but this doesn't really counts since he just evaded her 7-B attacks. Technically Amon defeated her too, and was beaten only because he was distracted by trying to take Mako's bending

        Loading editor
    • This battle was created just 24 hours ago with no grace period and has been added to the profiles already??? Seismic sense isn't the end all be all in this matchup. Nor does Korra's lost to Unalak make her not as proficent in her bending abilities. Aang was never stated to be a master of water bending and only learned for like a month by Katara who was not a master herself. Plus Toph and Zuko stated that his earth and firebending were sloppy and needed improvement before he could fight the firelord. Jeez where are the debators in this one. 

        Loading editor
    • Proxyisgod wrote:
      This battle was created just 24 hours ago with no grace period and has been added to the profiles already??? Seismic sense isn't the end all be all in this matchup. No does Korra's lost to Unalak make her not as proficent in her bending abilities. Aang was never stated to be a master of water bending and only learned for like a month by Katara who was not a master herself. Plus Toph and Zuko stated that his earth and firebending were sloppy and needed improvement before he could fight the firelord. Jeez where are the debators in this one. 

      Aang was clearly stated to master waterbending, and he also learned with Master Paku. Toph said that Aang only need slight improvment with Earthbending. And even after Paku Aang trained with Katara throughout all the series, and she was clearly at a master's level by being able to overpower Hama.

      Also, Korra did lost to Unalaq in epsiode 13 of the second season, and had Raava seperated from her. Not because she's a worse bender (she has way more abilities and even skill possibly), but purely because of her significantly worse battle tactics, not to mention that Aang have dealt many times with battle style similar to Korra (Zuko and Zhao)

        Loading editor
    • Aang mastered waterbending but Korra still has a significant advantage in every element apart from airbending. And her skill with bending is definitely better as she had been trained by masters for at least 15 years, not to mention the fact that she arguably had more experience, as her adventures span years.

      And her battle tactics are not signifcantly worse; Unalaq simply exploited them in a manner that we haven't seen Aang do. A characters' tactics are not terrible because they don't work all the time; hell, Aang loses a lot of his fights and runs away from others, if you're going to say korras' sucks because they never work, even though they often do.

        Loading editor
    • Ayewale wrote:
      Aang mastered waterbending but Korra still has a significant advantage in every element apart from airbending. And her skill with bending is definitely better as she had been trained by masters for at least 15 years, not to mention the fact that she arguably had more experience, as her adventures span years.

      And her battle tactics are not signifcantly worse; Unalaq simply exploited them in a manner that we haven't seen Aang do. A characters' tactics are not terrible because they don't work all the time; hell, Aang loses a lot of his fights and runs away from others, if you're going to say korras' sucks because they never work, even though they often do.

      Korra loses a lot too before eventually winning and I don't see you undererstimating her like that. Especially since most of Aang's loses were against much stronger enemies that had significant AP advantage over him. Korra lost to characters comparable to her in power.

      Also, those loses was before he got his seismic sense and was able to use it in combat (and you forget it's passive too). Aang showed he's able to use it to fight even with his eyes closed, and he certainly used it in combat before.

      Also, again, possesing a skill doesn't automatically translate using said skill in character. Korra has skills she learned from Katara, but she barely uses waterbending defensively (see her battle with Tarlock).

      Same goes with Airbending. Korra may have learned skills from Tenzin, but she mainly uses the bending just as regular wind gusts.

      I don't say that Korra's battle style never works, don't put wotds in my mouth, but I do say that Korra got herself defeated and exploited numerous times because of this style

        Loading editor
    • Korra has a higher winrate than Aang, and most of Korras' opponents are typically extremely skilled (Amon and Zaheer especially).

      Again, Aang can't even use his seismic sense much because he's constantly not touching the ground. And he only used it against an exhausted, predictable firelord and his friends, who weren't trying to fight him seriously (neither of who are as skilled as Korra, anyways, since she has far more training than Katara and her combined bending skills>Toph).

      Also, she protects herself with defensive waterbending when she needs to. Because it's not her intuition to use it doesn't mean she doesn't use it? Besides, she still retains information and if she would ever need to defend herself, she would, especially since Aang rarely attacks in battle.

      Yeah she doesn't use airbending much but that doesn't mean she doesn't know everything that Aang can usually do.




      Also, her battle tactics are usually not that good as well, and she is headstrong and usually goes all out in battles" - You

      " Also, Korra did lost to Unalaq in epsiode 13 of the second season, and had Raava seperated from her. Not because she's a worse bender (she has way more abilities and even skill possibly), but purely because of her significantly worse battle tactics "

      Yeah I'm pretty sure you're not describing Korras' battle style very favourably. These are quotes from your posts, btw.

        Loading editor
    • Wasn’t an elderly Toph fodderizing a final season Korra during their training session?

        Loading editor
    • Old Toph solos the verse tho so it ain’t a fair comparison ovo

        Loading editor
    • Tbf Elderly Toph has like, ultra-super-mega seismic sense to the point where I think it was stated that she could find anyone around the world.

        Loading editor
    • Gilad Hyperstar wrote:
      Proxyisgod wrote:
      This battle was created just 24 hours ago with no grace period and has been added to the profiles already??? Seismic sense isn't the end all be all in this matchup. No does Korra's lost to Unalak make her not as proficent in her bending abilities. Aang was never stated to be a master of water bending and only learned for like a month by Katara who was not a master herself. Plus Toph and Zuko stated that his earth and firebending were sloppy and needed improvement before he could fight the firelord. Jeez where are the debators in this one. 
      Aang was clearly stated to master waterbending, and he also learned with Master Paku. Toph said that Aang only need slight improvment with Earthbending. And even after Paku Aang trained with Katara throughout all the series, and she was clearly at a master's level by being able to overpower Hama.

      Also, Korra did lost to Unalaq in epsiode 13 of the second season, and had Raava seperated from her. Not because she's a worse bender (she has way more abilities and even skill possibly), but purely because of her significantly worse battle tactics, not to mention that Aang have dealt many times with battle style similar to Korra (Zuko and Zhao)

      When was Aang stated to be a master at waterbending during the series? I must have missed that since he trained so little in the element it doesn't make much sense that he would be a master. IIRC Katara said herself that Aang's waterbending still needed work around the finale. Unless you have an epsiode that I missed then you are mistaken to call him a master waterbending. In fact his two BEST water feats were done in the Avatar state (Tower Waterspout & Water Spirit Season 1 Via Avatar State). Korra actually has much better water feats in her base form like this: https://gfycat.com/orderlyredfinnishspitzhttps://gfycat.com/goodnauticalenglishsetterhttps://gfycat.com/relievedbelovedbroncohttps://gfycat.com/grosswelloffchickhttp://share.gifyoutube.com/mGMwng.gif. Aang really doesn't have as much water bending feats on this level. 


      Second, Toph didn't say he need only a "slight improvement". You might want to watch that episode over again, but she expiclity states that his earth bending needs work. This futher confirm by Aang's own son when Tenzin explicitly states that mastering Earth Bending was Aanag's hardest element. Aang was proficient,but far from mastering this element by the end of the series. In fact if you rewatch his match against Azula and Ozai, You will see that his Earth bending had no positive affect against the two.  


      Yes, Korra lost against Unalaq. I meant to type "nor" not "no" at the start of my sentence. However, the reason she lost came down to experience not really tactics. While Korra is headstrong like Zuko, her fighting greatly differs from both Zuko and Zhao. They are not the best to compare Korra to.  

        Loading editor
    • We shouldn't even be talking about Aangs' seismic sense because he spends almost the totality of any fight off the ground anyways.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.