|Comics • Ultimate • MCU • The Incredible Hulk • EMH • Old King Thor • Mangaverse • Avengers Assemble|
|“||All the power of the storm, from all the world, flows through my veins, and can be summoned by mine hammer at any time, wherever it is. A lightning storm in Japan? Mine. A hurricane off the coast of Barbados? Mine again. A brace of tornadoes in Kansas? Aye...mine. All that might, all that destructive force, mine to command. Channeled and guided through the mystic might of this hammer, guided right at thee!||„|
|~ Thor Odinson|
|“||Who speaks of causes that are lost? Who thinks Thor would falter? A man may fight, though hope be dim-- a god will fight when hope be gone!||„|
|~ Thor Odinson|
|“||Long, long ago, in an age forgotten by many, mortal man looked to us for leadership and guidance. As mankind progressed, we turned from that duty, thinking man better off if he achieved enlightenment on his own. Sadly, that was a mistake. As mortals conquered the ways of science, they became corrupt, regularly sinking into a steaming pit of immorality!... I lived alongside thy kind as protector and hero… My actions in the past were limited to matters of laws and order. Good, but insufficient. I realize now that much, much more is required to show thee all the way.||„|
|~ King Thor stating his intentions regarding mankind|
|“||Only after you’ve lost everything… Can you do anything… I have walked the same path as Odin. I have destroyed myself and been reborn. I know the unknowable. I see the unseen. I know why and how you’ve done these evil deeds. And it matters not. What happens next is all that matters.||„|
|~ Thor, now with the knowledge of the Runes, to Loki|
Thor Odinson is the Asgardian God of Thunder and the son of Odin, the All-Father of Asgard, and Gaea, the Elder Earth-Goddess. Combining the power of both worlds, Thor is arguably the greatest and mightiest defender of both. Armed with his powerful enchanted hammer Mjolnir, Thor is the mightiest warrior of Asgard, a founding member of the Avengers and one of the strongest, most powerful beings on Earth.
Powers and Stats
Tier: High 6-C, 3-C at peak, higher with the Thermo-Blast, up to 2-C, possibly 2-A with the God Blast | At least 2-C, possibly 2-A, 2-A with Power Absorption | At least 2-A, possibly Low 1-C
Name: Thor Odinson
Origin: Marvel Comics
Age: At least thousands of years
Classification: Aesir – Elder God hybrid, Crown Prince of Asgard, Avengers founding member
Powers and Abilities:
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Longevity, Regeneration (At least Low, possibly Mid-Low), Self-Sustenance (Type 1), Magic, Enhanced Senses (Can hear what happens light years away. Can hear things that humans cannot hear, and can see invisible beings like Aphrodite that cannot be perceived by any mortal except her son and Anquises.) Extrasensory Perception (Found the way out of a pocket universe within Tesseract.), Statistics Amplification (Can double his strength with Megingjord, or increase his strength tenfold with the Warrior’s Madness), Berserk Mode (via Warrior's Madness), Elemental Manipulation (Weather Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Air Manipulation, Earth Manipulation, Fire Manipulation), Energy Projection, Aura, Memory Manipulation, Vibration Manipulation (Via shockwaves), Breath Attack (hurricane-force breath), Telepathy (As Donald Blake, he could telepathically communicate with Odin. And limited telepathy via All-Tongue), Telekinesis (With the Anti-Force.), Combat Expertise, Weapon Mastery, Illusion Creation, Limited Resistance to Illusion Creation (Can detect a magic illusion), Can summon his chariot and his goats, Resistance (To outer space conditions, acids, diseases, radiation, poison, Gamma radiation, extreme temperatures, electricity, and Absolute Zero), Astral Possession, Limited Sound Manipulation (Can generate sonic booms.), Age Manipulation, Time Stop, Soul Manipulation, Mind Manipulation ("Deliberately" failed to subdue Valkyrie while commanded to do so due to trying to resist his controller's will, but was still being manipulated), Sealing (Broke a Proton Cage). Mjolnir grants him Flight, Forcefield Creation, Energy Sensing, Energy Absorption and Redirection, Sealing (Sealed Hyperion in a glass sphere.), Vacuum Creation, Healing (As shown here.), Homing Attack, Projectile Reflection, Non-Physical Interaction (Can affect souls and touch energy beings.), BFR via Portal Creation, Matter Manipulation (Transmutation, Antimatter Manipulation and Atomization), Resurrection, Power Nullification (Can negate mystic forcefields and certain types of intangibility, and has anti-magic.), Magnetism Manipulation, Electromagnetism Manipulation, Invisibility, Intangibility, Heat Manipulation, Teleportation, Soul Summoning, limited Holy Manipulation, Mind Manipulation, Sound Manipulation, Light Manipulation, minor Reality Warping (Spun to create a vortex which "tore at the very fabric of reality" with his hammer, allowing him to revert the effects of technology that was sending him to another dimension), Dimensional Storage (shown here), Resistance to Statistics Reduction (Loki created and used a potion to reduce his brother's power, but Thor was unaffected.), BFR (As shown here.), Vibration Manipulation (Survived "vibro-mines" which shatter anything they touch. Mjolnir was close to the exposure to the Antarctic Vibranium aka Anti-Metal that destroys any other metal via Vibrations.), Paralysis Inducement (Although he was initially overpowered by a mind thrust that paralyzed his entire body, through will, Thor freed himself. After that, an annoyed Thor easily resisted else another attempt), Time Manipulation (Withstood a time storm.), Deconstruction (As shown here.), Corruption (Type 1: Resisted various of Madame Hydra's spells of control from turning him into a slave of Hydra.), Antimatter Manipulation (Resisted attacks from an Electro completely made of anti-matter and an explosion of matter and antimatter annihilation.). Mjolnir by itself has Mass Manipulation and resistance to Magic, antimatter (As shown here.) and transmutation.
Can use all the powers of his base form without the use of Mjolnir, and increase their potency astronomically to Odin's level. He should also have all powers and abilities of Odin. Additionally, he has Heat Vision, Enhanced Matter Manipulation (Create Food, and rebuild the moon at the Molecular level), Fusionism (Merges Jake Olson with his past self.), Time Stop (Shown here), Power Absorption (He was able to absorb and steal the Power Cosmic from a Well Fed Galactus), Clairvoyance (He can see what Hugin and Munin see), Possession and Soul Manipulation (Thor's Ravens can extract his soul and take it to a new container, such as the Destroyer armor), Resistance to Power Nullification (It was mentioned that there is no one on earth capable of nullifying the Odinforce, Balder believed that Doctor Strange could not do it, and the stranger himself confirms this indirectly when it is mentioned that no one on earth can turn off the Odinforce, having to use the power of the other pantheons to do it.), Existence Erasure (Thor mentions that the Odinforce allows him to erase people from existence, but Desak is protected, and it is proven to be true. Ulik also mentions that Odin could erase from existence with a single blink.)
All powers of his base and Odinforce forms, combined with Fate Destruction and Resistance to Fate Manipulation (Those Who Sit Above in Shadows, beings that weaved the fate for all Norse beings, could no longer bind Thor to the Thread of Fate), Immortality (Type 1 and 4; Was reborn after hanging himself, evolving past death), Soul Manipulation, Biological Manipulation, Telepathy. Cosmic Awareness and Precognition (After losing his sight, Thor could see the past of all things, noticing the Cycle of Ragnarok, seeing the present, the future, every aspect of reality, from quantum level to cosmic structures or absolute nothingness and his crows contains all the thoughts and memories of all the beings in Yggdrasil.), Forcefield Creation and Extrasensory Perception (Thor blocked a hit of Mangog and could feel his magic levels), Should also have all of Odin's powers but to a higher degree.
Attack Potency: Large Island level (Usually operates under a far lower power level in fear of killing his mortal opponents. Has repeatedly fought Hulk, Loki and Wrecker, and has contented with the Thing, Dr. Doom, Namor and Super-Skrull), Galaxy level at peak (It is hinted that he shook the universe as a side effect of the launch of Mjolnir. Created a storm so powerful that its winds reached the Earth from Asgard, causing great destruction. By amplifying his power by just two times, he was able to destroy the material of which the armors of the Celestials are made and he was also able to destroy an avatar of Exitar. Such material is capable of emerging unscathed from galactic explosions. Slightly dented the Silver Surfer's forehead with a headbutt. Loki even commented that Thor had greater strength than the Silver Surfer while fighting a serious Norrin.), higher with the Thermo-Blast (Bested Ego). Up to Low Multiverse level, possibly Multiverse level+ with the God Blast (Defeated Zelia, who had twice the strength of Odin.) | At least Low Multiverse level, possibly Multiverse level+ (With only an incomplete version of the Odin-Force, he fought against Knull, being his only rival at that time. Uses The Destroyer for physical training and was considered by the Super Celestial computer to be capable of killing the Phoenix Force), Multiverse level+ with power absorption (Able to completely drain the Cosmic Power from Galactus, who had more power than ever at the time) | At least Multiverse level+, possibly Low Complex Multiverse level (More powerful than The Destroyer at its peak, and surpassed "Those Who Sit Above In Shadow", celestial beings who are as powerful compared to the Asgardians as they are to humans, and destroyed the never-ending Ragnarok cycle that the 9 Realms were bound in forever, which had been created by these beings)
Speed: Massively FTL+ (Can regularly travel across the universe or between the Nine Realms without the aid of the Bifrost in a very short amount of time. The Nine Realms are shown to be separate universes, Crossed several lightyears nigh-instantly) | Massively FTL+ (Should be comparable to Odin) | Massively FTL+
Lifting Strength: Class Y (Lifted the Midgard Serpent, who holds the entire Earth, and supported a weight equivalent to 20 planets)
Striking Strength: Large Island Class, Galactic at peak | At least Low Multiversal, possibly Multiversal+, Multiversal+ with power absorption | At least Multiversal+, possibly Low Complex Multiversal
Durability: Large Island level, Galaxy level at peak (Withstood the destruction of the Black Galaxy without a scratch. Survived an explosion that destroyed Mjolnir, and was only bruised by a headbutt against the Silver Surfer, which gave Norrin a slightly dented forehead.) | At least Low Multiverse level, possibly Multiverse level+, Multiverse level+ with power absorption | At least Multiverse level+, possibly Low Complex Multiverse level
Stamina: Superhuman (He fought an army of Frost Giants for 9 months without tiring, and an army of undead for 40 days and 40 nights straight. Spent 9 months without ever sleeping after losing Mjolnir. Gave Malekith a beating after his liver got transmuted into a mangle of broken glass. Far superior to any ordinary Asgardian, who can live for 5 minutes after losing their hearts. Thor waged a war for 2 years without sleep or eating food)
Intelligence: Gifted. Despite his usual tendency to charge head-first into battle, Thor is a veteran warrior with thousands of years of experience using different weapons and fighting many different kinds of foes across the universe and will exploit an enemy’s weak points to his advantage in the midst of battle. When the situation calls for it, Thor can come up with plans that can fool even his most cunning foes, such as Loki or Malekith the Accursed. He is also a highly skilled medical doctor, although he no longer practices the profession. The magic of the Runes and knowledge from the Well of Mimir formerly gave him the knowledge of Odin and even allowed him to surpass his father (He could see into the past, present and future simultaneously, beyond quantum structure, beyond cosmic architecture.)
Standard Tactics: Thor infamously holds back his immense Asgardian strength against most mortal opponents in fear of killing them, due to his benevolent nature.
- Explicitly states he holds back his might so that people don't die with his hits
- Another explicit statement by Captain America (Note:The "third" is likely not literal, can just be a stand-in for any fraction)
- States he had held back his full strength against a character prior
- Explicitly states he wouldn't kill a character even though he knows they wouldn't likely win otherwise
- States he has held back against mortal opponents in fear that his strikes may kill them
- Thor states he had forgotten the true strength of Mjolnir many times, and as such it can be deciphered that he usually uses it at a far lower input
Weaknesses: Thor’s tendency to hold back against foes of Earthly roots, as he fears his full might may destroy them, sometimes results in Thor being caught by surprise. His statistics amplification methods have very heavy drawbacks (using Megingjord will later leave Thor in such an exhausted state he can barely walk, while the Warrior’s Madness robs Thor of his ability to differentiate friends and foes) | Like Odin, Thor will have to enter a slumber called the Odinsleep once a year to replenish the Odinforce, which leaves him vulnerable to attacks. In addition, Mjolnir is currently broken, anyone can lift it even if they are unworthy like Loki. | Thor’s Fate Manipulation cannot rewrite the past and could only destroy the future Fate that bound the Nine Worlds to the cycle of Ragnarok.
- Mjolnir: The magic hammer that grants him many of his powers and abilities. Forged from the mystical ore Uru, Mjolnir can only be wielded by those who are deemed "worthy". Currently believed to have been destroyed.
- Megingjord: A magical belt worn by the Thunder God that would double his natural strength and stamina. However, wearing this would leave him exhausted later.
- Jarnbjorn: A battle-axe forged by Dwarves that Thor wielded long before Mjolnir. This axe was enchanted to pierce the armour of Celestials or armour created using Celestial technology.
- Uru Arm: An artificial arm forged of black uru in the same fire where Mjolnir was created. It has been used as replacement for Thor's left arm, which was cut off by Malekith. Following the attack of the Mangog, this arm was melted by the God Tempest and later replaced by a golden uru arm, and later still by an arm of The Destroyer.
- Toothgnasher and Toothgrinder: Thor’s magical goats with incredible strength to contend with many enemies of Asgard. While Thor normally flies with Mjolnir, he can also ride a chariot pulled by Toothgnasher and Toothgrinder should he need to carry many people or large objects with him. They served as Thor’s means of transportation before he wielded Mjolnir and after he became unworthy. Thor can also ride one of the 2 goats instead of a chariot.
- Hammer Arsenal: Following the destruction of Mjolnir, Thor started wielding a wide arrange of hammers, also enchanted by Odin. However, none of them has proved to be as durable as Mjolnir, which was created from the purest of uru, and therefore often breaks after only 1 use. They also don't appear to provide Thor as many abilities as Mjolnir did, beside flight, the abilities to return to Thor's hand and to channel Thor's control of the elements.
Notable Attacks/ Techniques:
- Regeneration: Thor can heal wounds that would normally leave large scars or broken bones in a few hours at most. As an Asgardian, even if his heart is completely removed from his body, Thor’s heart will automatically reattach itself to the body if placed on the right spot.
- Magic: Thor’s attacks are magical in nature due to his godly roots.
- Element Manipulation and Weather Manipulation: Thor had been commanding the elements long before he ever wielded Mjolnir. He can create and command atmospheric phenomenon even in places that shouldn’t allow them to occur, such as outer space. He can release lightning from his hands, exhale with hurricane-force breath, and create fire rain on an extremely harsh planet. Also, as a son of Earth Mother Gaea, Thor can manipulate tectonic plates to create avalanches, earthquakes, landslides and chasms far beyond what natural phenomenon can offer.
- Energy Manipulation: Within Thor’s being there exists an extremely powerful life force called the God-Force. He can release this force in the form of powerful auras and energy blasts that can even kill Durok the Destroyer.
- The Gift of Forgetfulness: A spell that allows Thor to erase the memories of others. It is however unknown whether he can use this on other beings of godly roots, as he has only used this on mortals.
- Super Hearing: While not exactly combat-useful, Thor can hear prayers to him from mortals who are worlds away.
- Warrior’s Madness: Thor can temporarily increase his strength and stamina tenfold at the expense of his sanity. In this berserker state he attacks friends and foes alike. Because of this, he has almost never used this ability.
- All-Tongue: Anyone who hears Thor will hear him speak their native language in their hearts.
- Illusion: Growing up as the brother of Loki, Thor has a few illusion tricks of his own. He used an illusion to trick a spying Malekith and even his own allies into thinking he killed Ud the Troll, only for those allies later finding Ud, alive and utterly confused.
- Outer space: Thor can survive in the vacuum of space without any aid
- Diseases: Asgardians are immune to Earthly diseases
- Radiation, extreme temperature, and Absolute Zero: Given he fights gamma-radiated beings, as well as frost giants and fire demons on a regular basis, Thor should be highly resistant to these conditions. Even when plunged into an area of absolute zero, Thor later emerged from it fairly unharmed.
- Poisons: Asgardians are immune to certain levels of poison
- Electricity: Electricity from the Celestial Mothership not only failed to give Thor any inconvenience but even freshened him.
- Age Manipulation: Due to his extremely slow aging rate, Thor can resist the aging effects of Decay’s touch or Immortus’s aging ray. However, he could not resist Hela’s aging power.
- Time Stop: Being a mythic creature, Thor can move in the time of the beginning where all things mortal cease their endless spinnings. He can move in Jormungandr's stopped time, his own stopped time, and possibly Odin's stopped time as well (although it is possible Odin allowed Thor to do so)
- Matter Manipulation: By Thor’s own words, his molecules are very different from mortals, allowing him to resist certain molecular powers, such as molecular freezing that induced total paralysis.
- Transmutation: The screams from the Skull Sea of Mephisto's hell, which turn blood to stone, failed to affect Thor. Loki had to tap into the power of Surtur's Twilight Sword to turn Thor into a frog, implying the God of Mischief's own transmutation power cannot achieve such a feat.
- Soul Manipulation: Thor can resist assaults from Glory’s psychic maggots that eat away at his very soul and could withstand the totality of Glory’s power, including his soul attacks. Doctor Strange and Mephisto also commented that Thor has a very powerful soul. Thor even resisted Mephisto's attempt to absorb his soul and forced out Loki's astral possession.
- Mind Manipulation: Thor has resisted mind attacks from Moondragon. As a god, he also didn’t have his mind destroyed by Chaos King’s power, which could immediately destroy a mortal’s mind with a touch. He also resisted a wave of psychic toxins from Glory that permeated every level of his being: body, mind and spirit. He resisted said attack and even continued his attack on Glory, while just speaking would take an effort that would break most men or gods. Mind-tendrils attack from the maggots of The Other also affected Thor only momentarily before the God of Thunder recovered. The Hurricane of the Lustful in Mephisto's Hell also failed to affect Thor.
- God Blast: Thor is capable of channelling different amounts of his godly energies in combination with the mystical properties of Mjolnir can be channelled through his hammer for a single massive blast.
- Anti-Force: Thor is capable of producing an indescribably powerful blast known as the Anti-Force which is capable of annihilating entire planets.
- Thermo-Blast: Thor has the ability to produce a universe shaking thermo-blast capable of decimating even entire planets and beings as powerful as Ego the Living Planet.
- Energy Absorption and Redirection: Thor can use Mjolnir to absorb different types of energy from enemy attacks and return that energy to the enemy, amplifying said energy tenfold or hundredfold. He could even attack Glory’s black soul with this attack, returning to Glory the blast containing the totality of his power.
- Flight: Thor’s ability to fly without Mjolnir is very inconsistent. But after becoming unworthy, he has relied on his goat Toothgnasher to travel interstellar distances, indicating that he can no longer fly on his own.
- Force-fields: Thor can create nigh-impenetrable force-fields or vortexes with Mjolnir.
- Energy sensing: Mjolnir can detect practically all types of energy. It reacts particularly strongly to evil psychic energy, and supernatural energy. Mjolnir can also track down the energy pattern of someone in hiding, detect any Asgardian's aura by their electrons discharge, and can sense and track the energy radiating from mystical objects.
- Mjolnir Control: Thor can control Mjolnir’s trajectory, and like its mythological counterpart, the hammer will chase down its target.
- Projectile Reflection: Thor can spin Mjolnir to deflect projectiles away from him.
- Portals and Teleportation: By spinning Mjolnir Thor can open portals to his desired destination. Thor often uses this to remove enemies beyond his capabilities to barren worlds, effectively imprisoning them, resulting in BFR Thor can also create vortexes that transport anything and anyone within them to the destination he wants.
- Matter Manipulation: Thor can transmute elements by spinning Mjolnir and atomize weapons by harnessing the Alpha particles.
- Antimatter Manipulation: Mjolnir can emit antimatter particles that can reverse atoms, turning "negative" people back to "positive" people
- Resurrection: Thor can resurrect people he wrongly killed.
- Soul Summoning: Thor could summon the soul of the then-deceased Captain America to converse with him.
- Power Nullification: Thor can send Mjolnir flying to create a cone-shaped vortex that nullifies any mystic energy within it. This vortex can nullify mystic force-fields of Juggernaut’s level. Mjolnir can also discharge magical energy that can harm intangible beings of Vision’s level.
- Electromagnetism Manipulation: Thor was able to absorb and manipulate the electromagnetic energies and release electromagnetic pulses for offensive purpose.
- Magnetism Manipulation: Thor can manipulate magnetism by spinning/ positioning Mjolnir in specific manners. He often uses this to retrain robotic opponents.
- Invisibility and Intangibility: Using Mjolnir, Thor can create a vortex that renders anything within it invisible and intangible, and shall spin harmlessly until Thor cancels it or dies.
- Holy Manipulation: Mjolnir is a former religious relic and therefore can kill vampires by simple contact.
- Limited Mind Manipulation: Thor can put targets into a trance, although sunlight is required for this
- Vacuum Creation: Mjolnir can create a vacuum to suffocate or deplete air-based enemies of their power-source
- Limited Light Manipulation: Thor can create bright sparks to blind his enemies
- Limited Sound Manipulation: Thor can create sonic booms to deafen his opponents
- Heat Manipulation: Thor can use Mjolnir to shoot heat blasts. He can also heat Mjolnir to temperature of 1000 suns before throwing it at his opponent.
- (Former) Time Stop: Thor could stop the time of an area the size of a building. Any being entering this area from outside will also have its time stopped.
- (Former) Time Travel: Thor could travel through time with Mjolnir.
- Megingjord: Wearing the Belt of Strength, Megingjord, Thor can double his physical stats. However, using it will later give Thor such exhaustion he can barely walk.
Thor can now use all of his powers displayed in his base form, even without the use of Mjolnir, and amplify their potency to Odin’s level. However, he did not demonstrate every power displayed by Odin.
- Heat Vision: Beside his powers listed above, King Thor also demonstrated the ability to release a devastating beam from his eyes that can destroy Captain America's shield.
In this state, Thor has surpassed all beings within the Nine Realms and even its gods. He can use all of his powers in his base and Odinforce forms, as well as all of Odin’s other powers that Odinforce Thor did not display, and exclusive magic that comes with mastery of the Runes.
- Mind Manipulation and Telepathy: Odin could dominate the mind of total populations of entire planets, and project telepathic hallucinations into the minds of beings of Galactus’ level. Thor also used telepathy to converse with Beta Ray Bill, who he moved to another galaxy.
- Size Manipulation: Odin could grow to gigantic size in his battle with Seth.
- Healing: Can heal the wounds of others.
- Sealing: With the Odinforce Odin was able to completely cut off the realm Heven from the world tree Yggdrasil, sealing it away, imprisoning its inhabitants for millennia. He also trapped the Galaxy-sized God Tempest within a nugget of pure uru that would later become Mjolnir.
- Telekinesis: Odin could move populations of entire planets across the universe. Thor also used this to move Beta Ray Bill to another galaxy.
- Biological Manipulation: Thor used this spell to remove Loki’s head from his body. While the head was alive, the body died the moment the head was removed.
- Soul Manipulation: A spell that allows Thor to bottle living beings and to empty those bottles as well. He used this spell to one-shot Mangog effortlessly. Should also have Odin’s power to remove the soul from a living being and contain it within a goose egg.
- Immortality: To achieve the magic of the Runes, Thor hung himself on a branch of Yggdrasil like his father did before him. Once he died and was approached by Hela, Thor summoned Odin soul who carried Thor away from Hela, and was reborn. Thor therefore effectively transcended the death of an Asgardian, bound to be claimed by the Goddess of Death Hela.
- Fate Destruction: The power feared by Those Who Sit Above In Shadows. In this state, Thor holds the power to destroy the fate of a never-ending cycle that is Ragnarok. With this power he destroyed the Thread of Fate, a thread that holds the 9 Realms in an endless loop of destruction and reborn, destroying the value of a final battle of glory and honour. However, by Thor’s own words, even with this power he cannot rewrite the past.
Key: Base Thor | Odinforce Thor | Rune King Thor
- Before making any changes to this page, please read and follow the Power-scaling Rules for Marvel and DC Comics.
- Additionally, there are special standards to be followed when scaling such a character, as listed on verse page.
- During the events of Blood and Thunder, in which an insane Thor, equipped with the Power Gem, fought Thanos, he had not entered Warrior's Madness. Instead, he was suffering from a mental imbalance that was accidently caused by Odin, as explained here.
- Note that, much like his strength and durability, Thor can limit his speed if he wants to, and this should be taken into consideration before scaling other characters to him. This of course includes the speed of his hammer being thrown.
|Discussion threads involving Thor (Marvel Comics)|