|“||Your politics bore me. Your demeanor is that of a pouty child. And apparently, you alienated my favorite daughter, Gamora. I shall honor our agreement, Kree, if you bring me the Orb. But return to me again empty-handed... and I will bathe the starways in your blood.||„|
|~ Thanos to Ronan the Accuser|
|“||I know what it's like to lose. To feel so desperately that you're right, yet to fail nonetheless. It's frightening, turns the legs to jelly. I ask you to what end? Dread it. Run from it. Destiny arrives all the same. And now it's here. Or should I say, I am.||„|
|“||You could not live with your own failure. Where did that bring you? Back to me. I thought by eliminating half of life, the other half would thrive, but you've shown me... that's impossible. As long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be. They will resist. I'm thankful...because now I know what I must do. I will shred this universe down to its last atom and then, with the stones you've collected for me, create a new one teeming with life that knows not what it has lost but only what it has been given. A grateful universe.||„|
|~ Thanos to the Avengers during their final battle|
Thanos, referred to as the Dark Lord by his most loyal underlings and the Mad Titan by the galactic community, is a powerful Titan warlord who rules over a distant region of space and commands two massive armies, known as the Chitauri and the Outriders, and a small group of followers known as the Black Order. His main objective was to bring stability from the universe, as he believed its massive population would inevitably use up the universe's resources and condemn it. However, his methodology to succeed was warped; through the use of the ancient Infinity Stones, he intended to harness their power to exterminate half of all life in the universe, thus returning it to what he perceived to be a state of cosmic balance.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 7-B, likely higher. Higher with the Double-Bladed Sword | Varies depending on size, up to 5-A against celestial bodies with the Power Stone. Unknown with complete Infinity Gauntlet
Origin: Marvel Cinematic Universe
Age: 1000 years old at the time of his death (Source)
Classification: Titan, The Mad Titan, The Dark Lord, Galactic Overlord, Universal Genocide
Powers and Abilities:
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Longevity, Regeneration (Low), Combat Mastery, Weapon Mastery, Enhanced Senses (Fought with web covering his eyes), Summoning (Can call his Double-Bladed Sword to him), Resistance to Radiation & Limited Sleep Inducement
Reality Warping, Energy Manipulation, Projection and Absorption, Matter Manipulation, Transmutation, Deconstruction, Statistics Amplification, Power Nullification, Attack Reflection, Biological Manipulation, Earth Manipulation, Air Manipulation, Time Manipulation, Healing, Soul Manipulation, Spatial Manipulation, Mind Manipulation, Animal Manipulation (Shown here), Fire Manipulation, Forcefield Creation, Illusion Creation, Portal Creation, Pseudo-Black Hole Creation, Fusionism, Petrification (Petrified Drax until he left), Invisibility, Teleportation, Telekinesis, Can turn others Intangible, Life and Death Manipulation, Telepathy, Resurrection of others
Attack Potency: At least City level, likely higher (Effortlessly defeated both Hulk and Awakened Thor. Could do significant damage to Bleeding Edge Iron Man with ease. Far stronger than his children. During the events of Endgame, a 5 years younger version of him overpowered Thor, Mark 85 Iron Man and Captain America in a 3v1 combat, holding his own against the latter after he obtained Mjolnir. Is powerful enough to hold a returning Stormbreaker and almost shove it into Thor's chest, despite Thor using both of his hands to prevent it). Higher with the Double-Bladed Sword (Can deflect Stormbreaker and cut through Captain America's vibranium shield) | Varies depending on size, up to Large Planet level against celestial bodies with the Power Stone. Unknown with Complete Infinity Gauntlet (Threatened to tear the universe down to its last atom). Durability Negation with the Snap
Speed: Massively Hypersonic (Casually reacted to attacks from the likes of Thor, The Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, etc. Shielded himself from automatic fire from the Winter Soldier. Slightly reacted to Thor's lightning though he still got hit, it should be noted that he was distracted. Can deflect repulsor arrays from Mark 85 after they were fired. Caught Stormbreaker returning to Thor. Dodged Thor throwing his Mjolnir at him. Caught Captain Marvel flying at him. Threw his broken sword at Luis' Van before Captain Marvel could enter the Quantum Tunnel), Massively Hypersonic+ attack speed with the Infinity Gauntlet (Threw meteors at these speeds)
Lifting Strength: At least Class T, likely higher (Easily overpowered the Hulk's grappling. Easily overpowered Thor and almost shoved Stormbreaker into his chest. Effortlessly pushed through a full-powered repulsor blast from Mark 85 Iron Man charged by Thor)
Striking Strength: At least City Class, likely higher (Broke Hulk's nose with a punch. Made Thor bleed with hits). Higher with the Double-Bladed Sword
Durability: At least City level, likely higher (Shrugged off everything that Thor and Bleeding Edge Iron Man could throw at him. Unharmed by Mark 85 Iron Man's attacks. Took hits from Captain America with Mjolnir. Can hold the Power Stone and use it). higher with armor and Double-Bladed Sword | At least City level with energy shields
Stamina: Very high (Can fight with Thor, Iron Man and Captain America at the same time for hours)
Range: Extended melee range | At least Planetary with the Infinity Gauntlet for Offensive Attacks, Universal with the Infinity Gauntlet for Portal Creation. Universal with the Complete Infinity Gauntlet
Standard Equipment: Double-Bladed Helicopter Sword, armor, Infinity Gauntlet
- The Infinity Gauntlet: A powerful gauntlet forged from special metal melted by the energies of a Neutron Star by the Dwarf King Eitri, under the strict command and supervision of Thanos himself under threat of death. With it, Thanos can collectively harness the power of all Six Infinity Stones without being physically overwhelmed, and efficiently channel and command their might without risk of misdirection or backfiring.
- Power Stone: Directly linked with, and representing all Power in the Universe, the Power Stone grants Thanos immense, unrivaled power on a cosmic scale, allowing him to effortlessly tear apart the surface of worlds and moons, destroy his enemies with blasts of cosmic energies, and enhance his strength and durability to nearly unmatched and indestructible levels.
- Space Stone: Directly linked with, and representing all Space in the Universe, the Space Stone grants Thanos direct control over the fabric of Space itself, allowing him to telekinetically tear apart the surface of Titan's moon, levitate, and fold space to create portals so that he may instantaneously traverse across the universe.
- Reality Stone: Directly linked with, and representing Reality itself, the Reality Stone grants Thanos the ability to mold and reshape the fabric of reality as he sees fit, allowing him to effortlessly transmute anything and anyone in his vicinity, create tangible illusions, and reform the entire landscape in which he's in.
- Soul Stone: Directly linked with, and representing the souls of all sentient beings in the Universe, the Soul Stone grants Thanos the power to manipulate the souls of his victims, allowing him to end the lives of his victims with but a snap of his fingers. When further empowered by the Five Other Stones combined, this ability can be performed on a universal scale.
- Time Stone: Directly linked with, and representing all Time in the Universe, the Time Stone grants Thanos direct control over the fabric of Time itself, allowing him to halt, revert, and accelerate its flow, as well as generate endless time loops.
- Mind Stone: Directly linked with, and representing the minds of all sentient beings in the Universe, the Mind Stone grants Thanos the capability to influence and control the minds of his enemies. However, he has yet to demonstrate the Mind Stone's powers in any meaningful way.
Intelligence: Genius (Thanos is a cunning and ruthless individual with an intellect sharpened by centuries of experience. A brilliant strategist, commanding vast armies that have devastated countless worlds and destroyed empires across the galaxy, which earned him renown as one of the most fearsome warlords in the universe. An incredibly skilled combatant, who easily outmaneuvered heroes such as Thor, The Hulk, Iron Man, Doctor Strange, Captain America, etc. during their confrontations, and who could quickly and intuitively learn and master how to wield the Infinity Stones. Found a way to time travel from 2014 to 2023 after obtaining Pym Particles. A master manipulator and an incredibly charismatic man if there was ever one)
Weaknesses: None Notable | He must be able to move his hand to activate the Infinity Stones. Continuous usage of the Stones had a toll on his body, as his left arm has been permanently damaged
Key: Base | Incomplete Infinity Gauntlet | Complete Infinity Gauntlet
Rick Sanchez (Rick & Morty) Rick’s Profile (Phoenix Protocol Rick with optional gadgets up to 5-A was used. Complete Infinity Gauntlet Thanos was used. Speed was equalized. Both had prior knowledge and 10 minutes of preparation)
Gelatin (Battle for Dream Island) Gelatin's Profile (Speed was equalized, both were 7-B, Thanos had his Double-Bladed Helicopter Sword, and Gelatin had 20 freeze juice syringes, 10 forks, and his acid spitballs)