|“||I won't obsess over you anymore! These fists aren't for vengeance, but for defense!!||„|
|~ Terry Bogard to Geese|
Terry Bogard (テリー・ボガード, Terī Bogādo) is the main protagonist of the Fatal Fury series. He has appeared in every Fatal Fury and The King of Fighters game, and is one of the characters of choice to symbolize the company in crossover games, merchandise, and publicity. He's the adopted son of Jeff Bogard, who was killed by Geese Howard. In order to avenge him, he trained under Tung Fu Rue and learned multiple fighting styles before confronting his adopted father's murderer. His victory over Geese and his half-brother, Wolfgang Krauser, made him a famous hero across the world and earned him the title, The Legendary Hungry Wolf.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least Low 7-B
Name: Terry Bogard
Origin: Fatal Fury / The King of Fighters
Age: 34 years old
Classification: The Legendary Hungry Wolf, Human, Martial Artist
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Chi/Energy Manipulation, Expert Hand-to-Hand Combatant, Acrobatics, Fire Manipulation (Via Fire Kick), Air Manipulation (Can create tornadoes via Senpukyaku), Explosion Manipulation (Can cause massive explosions via Power Geyser), Enhanced Senses (Can sense the presence of people nearby), Energy Absorption (Can gather energy from the Earth), Aura and Statistics Amplification (Can gather chi around his body to enhance his attacks)
Lifting Strength: Class 5 (Can throw people as large and heavy as Chang, who also carries a large iron ball)
Striking Strength: At least Small City Class+
Stamina: High (Can fight even while heavily injured)
Range: Standard melee range, tens of meters with projectiles/attacks.
Standard Equipment: None notable
Intelligence: Above Average (While lacking on formal education and academic knowledge, Terry possesses a highly complex knowledge that combines multiple fighting styles and is a genius in terms of combat)
Weaknesses: Is arrogant and cocky
- Martial Arts Mastery: Terry is a highly versatile, unpredictable fighter who over the years, developed a style that mixes multiple doctrines such as:
- Boxing techniques for direct and potent punches, as well as fast defenses.
- Kyokushin-style Karate, which focuses on high and low kicks, knee strikes, and high punches.
- Kung-fu martial arts for a wide variety of effects, including balance and stability.
- Kickboxing, which grants him great knowledge in using punching and kicking techniques.
- Street fighting for unpredictable and effective moves that break the rules.
- Hakkyokuseiken, for powerful Chi-based moves.
- Ki Manipulation: Thanks to his knowledge of the "Hakkyokuseiken" techniques as taught by Tung Fu Rue, Terry is able to utilize the Earth's energy (chi). He is able to use chi to sense people's presence and gather it around his body in order to enhance his attacks.
- Power Wave: Terry gathers Chi around his fists and punches the floor, causing a wave of Chi to travel along the ground. The wave of Chi causes a small explosion upon contact with the enemy. Difficult to block due to its low altitude.
- EX Power Wave: Slowly travels the length of the screen and it hits three times, making it more powerful than his Regular Power Wave.
- Rising Upper: An uppercut with good vertical reach that can be useful to knock down airborne foes.
- Back Knuckle: Terry spins around and hits the opponent with the back of his knuckle. It is slow but has good range and damage.
- Round Wave: Terry produces a small burst of energy in a similar fashion to the Power Wave.
- Burn Knuckle: Terry gathers Chi around his fist and lunges forward with his arm extended.
- EX Burn Knuckle: This comes out far quicker than his regular Burn Knuckle and does slightly more damage.
- Power Charge: Terry charges forward and tackles the opponent using his shoulder.
- Crack Shoot: Terry performs an quick acrobatic axe kick that puts a lot of pressure onto the opponent.
- EX Crack Shoot: Comes out faster and is an overhead strike. Makes the opponent bounce up after taking the hit.
- Rising Tackle: An acrobatic spinning kick. Perfect for stopping aerial attacks.
- EX Rising Tackle: This is a very powerful version of the Rising Tackle and hits for 21 hits, but due to its strength, it lacks accuracy and is very difficult to connect all those hits.
- Power Dunk: A diagonal aerial version of the Burn Knuckle.
- Max Dunk: Terry rams into the opponent with a strong shoulder charge and finishes with a Power Dunk.
- Power Drive: Terry moves forward, spins before landing a slower and shorter version of Burn Knuckle.
- Power Shoot: Terry moves forward, spins and performs a front kick.
- Fire Kick: Terry dashes forward with a sweep and gets up with a high kick, sending the opponent into the air.
- Power Charge: Terry charges towards the opponent and hits them with a shoulder block.
- EX Power Charge: A more powerful version of the Power Charge, as such it does more damage.
- Power Geyser: One of Terry's most iconic moves. He punches the ground with his fists covered in Chi, causing a massive eruption. He can perform this move repeatedly, increasing the number of geysers created, and its power.
- EX Power Geyser: Creates three geysers (although Terry still only hits the ground once). It comes out much quicker and is stronger.
- Overheat Geyser: A more powerful version of Power Geyser. Terry does an uppercut and then a Power Geyser.
- Power Stream: Terry leaps into the air and, while surrounded by a dome of energy, smashes the ground with both of his fist which creates a beam of energy around him afterwards.
- Senpukyaku: A technique learned from his master, Tung Fu Rue. Terry spins around to create a small scale tornado.
- Rising Beat: Terry charges towards the opponent and if it connects, then Terry will pummel them with a long chain of punches before finishing them up with a Buster Wolf.
- Rising Force: Terry charges towards the opponent, hits them with a shoulder block, followed by a punch and multi-hit Rising Tackle.
- Trinity Geyser: A more powerful variation of the Power Geyser. Terry raises both of his fists behind his head and then slams them into the ground, doing a series of three Power Geysers fire out of the ground.
- Power Stream: Terry leaps forward and punches the opponent, causing a massive Chi explosion in the process.
- Heat Up Geyser: Terry punches the opponent with a low punch and sends them flying with an uppercut. While the enemy is airborne, Terry hits them with a larger version of Power Geyser.
- Star Dunk Volcano: One of Terry's strongest attacks. He starts by kneeing the opponent in the stomach and ends with a combination of the Power Dunk and the Buster Wolf.
- Buster Wolf: Terry's most iconic move. He first delivers a highly powerful version of the Burn Knuckle and then creates a point-blank Chi explosion that obliterates the opponent.