Tadayoshi Kisaragi (更衣唯芳, Kisaragi Tadayoshi) is the father of Saya and the priest of the shrine in which they reside.
Powers and Stats
Tier: Likely 8-B | 8-B
Name: Tadayoshi Kisaragi, Kagekiri
Age: Unknown, likely hundreds (appears middle-aged)
Classification: Human-Elder Bairn (Hybrid), Fake Shrine Priest, member of the cast
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Blood Consumption (can drain blood from others via his fangs and power boost from feeding on blood), Master Swordsman, Weapon and Blood Empowerment, Light Infusion (via sword), Vampire Physiology, Enhanced Senses, Pain Suppression, Immortality (Type 1 & 3), Regeneration (Low-Mid, likely Mid), Thread Magic, Curse Negation, Hand to Hand Combat skills, Berserk Mode, Transformation | Same but stronger than before
Attack Potency: Likely City Block level (Somewhat fought with awakened Saya) | City Block level (Pounced and tossed Saya around, able to somewhat hurt her)
Lifting Strength: Unknown | Unknown
Durability: Likely City Block level | City Block level
Stamina: High; can fight with severe injuries
Range: Extended melee range
Standard Equipment: Katana
Intelligence: He is very wise and thoughtful, cares for Saya greatly and helps her with her training, has knowledgeable workings on anything associated with the Old Ones
Weaknesses: Is being controlledFeats:
- His presence dispelled the mob's possession.
- Sliced the arm off of an Old One with his enchanted sword.
- Slayed an Old One with his light energy sword.
- Threw David over the fence into the onsen.
- Slayed a spider Old One.
- Has overpowered US military police men.
- Freed himself from being absorbed by an Old One.
- Sliced an Old One with his light sword to free the children.
- Survived being impaled by elastic spikes.
- Stated that he can easily find his way back from the nether realm, implying he soloed all the Old Ones in the previous realm.
- Can anticipate supernatural ninjas.
- Survived an explosion.
- Made some sort of connection with a thread.
- Used his own blood to break a blood curse.
- Held his own against a ninja.
- Took on several ninja guys at once.
- Survived being stabbed by a sword.
- Can sense supernatural phenomena such as miasma and force fields.
- Sliced off the fingers of one of the eight pillar guardians.
- Killed Kanako.
Key: Human form | Elder Bairn form
The hybrids are the result of the mating of a Furukimono with a human being. So far only two hybrids have been seen in Blood-C:
Saya: The protagonist of the story owes her unique abilities (self-regeneration, superhuman strength, agility and speed) to carry in her veins both the blood of an Ancient (what gives her her power) and a human being (to whom she owes her appearance). While it is not something that has ever been 100% clear, it is very likely that her mother was the Furukimono and her father a simple human.
Tadayoshi: The first male hybrid seen in the entire BLOOD universe. It is unknown who of his parents was an Ancient (it could have been his mother or his father), but Fumito states in the last episode that in fact "he is equal to Saya", as Tadayoshi himself implies to the girl after.
The hybrids are, according to a statement by Fumito: "Beings with a human appearance, but with powers that surpass them". The only notable difference that would differentiate them is the fact that when they are born as a hybrid, they do not possess "special abilities" (throwing acid, flying, multiplying, etc.) as can be seen in other pure-bred Furukimonos.