The TIE/LN starfighter, or TIE/line starfighter, simply known as the TIE Fighter, was the standard Imperial starfighter seen in massive numbers throughout most of the Galactic Civil War and onward. Colloquially, Rebel and New Republic pilots referred to the craft as "eyeballs".
Powers and Stats
Name: TIE/LN starfighter
Origin: Star Wars
Classification: Space superiority starfighter
Users: Imperial Navy
Length: 7.24 metres
Height: 8.82 metres
Powered By: SFS I-a2b solar ionization reactor, secondary generator for cannons
Material: Titanium armor fuselage and Transparisteel canopy
Terrain: Space, Atmosphere
Needed prerequisite for use: 1 trained pilot
Weaponry: 2 SFS L-s1 laser cannons
Notable Features: Solar panels allow it to recharge power without the need for refueling, equipped with an ejector seat, can carry 65 kilograms of cargo
Attack Potency: Town level+ with laser cannons (Shots from its laser cannons can severely damage the unshielded hulls of starships which are larger and more durable than the likes of the Maxillipede shuttle as well as the likes of the Kom'rk-class Fighter)
Speed: Transonic atmospheric speeds (1,200+ km/hr). It can accelerate continuously to Sub-Relativistic+ speeds in space (Should not be slower than the likes of the outdated CIS droid starfighters, which proved themselves capable of covering distances of up to 200,000 km in mere moments during the Berch Teller campaign's assault on the Sentinel moon. Can keep up with the Millennium Falcon as witnessed during the aftermath of the Battle of Hoth)
Range: Several kilometres with its laser cannons
- Lacks a deflector shield generator. This leaves it vulnerable to being literally one-shot by other starfighters and pretty much any laser cannon emplacement.
- Lacks a hyperdrive. This limits its strategic viability since it has to be ferried across interstellar distances by a parent craft such as a light cruiser or star destroyer.
- Solar Array creates a large blind spot on both sides for the pilot.
- This profile covers the basic model known most commonly as the TIE (Twin Ion Engine) Fighter and not any of the modified or upgraded versions.
- For other TIE fighter variants, kindly see TIE Fighter (disambiguation).