Surface Scaling is the ability to move along walls, ceilings and similar surfaces without the risk of falling from gravity. This could involve a variety of different methods ranging from creating attraction between a part of one’s body and the surface to making use of spiked footwork. What’s important is that the user be granted a free range of motion across all conventional walls and ceilings without needing to significantly alter the wall or ceiling itself or rely on specific features present on them that wouldn’t be found in smooth surfaces.
It should be kept in mind that cases of moving along surfaces through sheer momentum or by damaging the walls should not be classified as this ability as they are both simply common consequences of Superhuman Speed and Superhuman strength respectively rather than being distinct powers on their own.
- Spider-Man and other characters from Marvel Comics
- Almost all shinobi from Naruto
- Kouichi Haimawari from Vigilantes: My Hero Academia Illegals
- Bayonetta from Bayonetta
- Oudo Miyakonojou from Medaka Box
- Misaka Mikoto from To Aru Majutsu No Index
- Randy Cunningham from Randy Cunningham, 9th Grade Ninja
|Discussion threads involving Surface Scaling|