|“|| You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards.|
They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall.
But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal...
In time, you will help them accomplish wonders.
|~ Jor-El to Kal-El|
Clark Joseph Kent (born as Kal-El; 1980) is an incredibly powerful alien superhero, a journalist of the Daily Planet, and one of the last survivors of Krypton's destruction. Kal-El is the first (and last) Kryptonian of natural birth in centuries and is imbued with the Kryptonian Growth Codex.
When Jor-El realized that Krypton was doomed, he and his wife Lara Lor-Van sent their son to Earth for the chance of a better life, one free of forced societal roles. He was found by Jonathan and Martha Kent, who adopted and named him Clark Joseph Kent. Using his powers, he defends the city of Metropolis from various threats using the moniker Superman.
Two years later, Superman would grow increasingly wary of the vigilante Batman, was manipulated, and ultimately forced into a fight with the Dark Knight by Lex Luthor. However, the two ultimately settled their misunderstandings and joined Wonder Woman to protect the world from the Ancient Kryptonian Deformity named Doomsday. In the ensuing battle, Superman sacrificed himself in the process of personally stopping Doomsday. Earth's greatest hero was honorably buried in Heroes Park, with the world mourning his passing. His heroic sacrifice inspired numerous metahumans to openly reveal themselves to the world for better (Justice League) or worse (Suicide Squad).
After his resurrection, Superman was restored to being a beacon of hope after repelling the forces of the New God Steppenwolf with the Justice League.
Powers and Stats
Tier: High 6-C | At least High 6-C, likely far higher
Name: Clark Joseph Kent, Kal-El, Superman, The Man of Steel, Son of El, Son of Krypton
Origin: DC Extended Universe
Age: 36-37 at the time of Justice League, biologically 35-36
Classification: Kryptonian superhero
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Flight, Super Senses and Telescopic, X-Ray, Light-based Heat Vision, can develop new abilities and grow stronger with Solar Energy Absorption, Longevity, Regeneration (Mid-Low), Ice Manipulation with Freeze Breath
Attack Potency: Large Island level (Capable of harming Doomsday, who knocked around Wonder Woman, and effortlessly moved a tectonic plate to prevent an earthquake. Stronger than Aquaman) | At least Large Island level, likely far higher (Empowered by the Mother Boxes. Stronger than his previous state, and than virtually everyone else in the film)
Speed: Relativistic combat speed with Relativistic+ reaction and flight speed (Traveled from America to the Indian Ocean in a matter of minutes, and later from Metropolis to Jericho, Mexico in even less time. Flew to a nearby satellite in his fight against Zod. The Guidebook explicitly states that his speed and reactions are equal. Capable of fighting the likes of General Zod in combat. Can keep up with Wonder Woman and Doomsday), Speed of Light attack speed via Heat Vision | At least Relativistic+ (Faster than all members of Justice League. Blitzed Wonder Woman and overwhelmed the Flash in combat), far higher using his true perception (Can see the entire Justice League almost frozen), Speed of Light attack speed with Heat Vision
Lifting Strength: At least Class G (Can crush diamonds in his hands. Held back a command tower from breaking long enough for the workers there to escape before he learned how to fly, later towed a cruise ship to safety through the Arctic), possibly Class Z (Shifted a tectonic plate) | At least Class G, possibly Class Z (Much stronger than before)
Striking Strength: Large Island Class (Able to stop attacks from Doomsday with punches) | At least Large Island Class, likely far higher (Manhandled the Justice League, sent Steppenwolf flying with a single punch)
Durability: Large Island level (Survived numerous attacks from Doomsday) | At least Large Island level, likely far higher (Stronger than before)
Stamina: High (Kept going in his fights against Faora-Ul Nam-Ek, General Zod despite being winded multiple times. Survived a brutal beating by Batman, managed to bring Doomsday into space after a brief skirmish, and a point-blank nuclear warhead strike all while weakened by Kryptonite. Effortlessly manhandled Steppenwolf post-resurrection)
Range: Standard melee range; several dozens of meters with heat vision
Standard Equipment: His Superman suit, Codex, Glasses
Intelligence: Superman is extraordinarily intelligent due to him being the son of Jor-El, the greatest genetically engineered scientist of the Kryptonian Thinker Guild. Clark's intelligence was implied at an early age; winning a science fair at age 9, and reading "The Republic of Plato" when he was only 13. As an adult, Clark successfully falsified personal information concerning his identity, name, and work history. By utilizing this method, he managed to stay hidden while traversing the world for many years. Clark has also displayed basic medical knowledge, knowing to cauterize one of Lois Lane's wounds after she was injured.
As a reporter for the Daily Planet, Clark is exceptionally skilled. After working for a year, Clark received the Elliot Prize for Investigative Journalism twice (being the first of any of the reporters on the Daily Planet staff to earn this). His investigative skills, coupled with a convenient instance of his Kryptonian Powers, allowed him to deduce Bruce Wayne's Identity.
Despite not having any formal combat training, Superman is a quick improvisational learner and effective brawler. This can be seen when he was pitted against several highly trained Kryptonians, the powerful Doomsday, The Justice League, and against Steppenwolf
Weaknesses: Kryptonite is capable of reducing his abilities when nearby and outright negating them in higher quantities. Incapable of seeing through lead. Easily goaded or driven to anger when loved ones are threatened.
- Tanked a nuclear bomb during Batman v Superman
- Shifted a tectonic plate to prevent a devastating earthquake among many other feats
- Able to tow cruise ships and lift command towers
- Barely outflew the wormhole to the Phantom Zone that swallowed up General Zod's ship
- Travelled from America to the Indian Ocean in a matter of minutes
- Obliterated the Engine
- Travelled from Metropolis to Mexico in minutes
- Did this during his fight with General Zod
- Slightly harmed Doomsday
- Easily tanked the energy of multiple Mother Boxes.
- Easily overpowered the entire Justice League, including Wonder Woman and Cyborg.
- Reacted to the Flash's top speed, and later kept up with him in a race.
- One-shotted Steppenwolf with a punch
- Kryptonian Physiology: Kryptonians have a biological structure is almost identical to that of a human. When near a yellow star, Kryptonians will acquire abilities far beyond the capabilities of humans and metahumans alike. They are capable of surviving without the need to breathe (allowing them to stay in areas such as the vacuum of outer space without the risk of suffocation), traveling at tremendous supersonic speeds, enhanced strength, sight, durability, heat vision, and the potential for other unique abilities. If injured, exposure to a yellow star will allow a Kryptonian to recover almost instantaneously.
- Arctic Breath: Superman possesses the ability to significantly focus the intensity of his breath to the point of freezing targets by blowing on them.
- Super Vision: Superman has superhuman eyesight far beyond that of humans. He possesses a superior sensory arrangement of telescopic, microscopic, infrared, ultraviolet, x-ray, and gamma-ray visual capabilities. He can see the entire electromagnetic spectrum when he desires.
- Telescopic Vision: Clark can see something at a great distance with perfect clarity.
- X-Ray Vision: Superman can focus his vision past layers of matter to see through them.
- Heat Vision: Superman can emit beams of intense heat from his eyes. He has demonstrated fine control of this ability. Examples include cauterizing a wound at the lowest intensity, cutting tunnels through layers of thick Arctic Ice, melting steel beams, and stunning various foes. The intensity can be adjusted to make the beams invisible, allowing undetected use.
- Super Hearing: Superman has incredible hearing at extreme variances of sound and pitch frequency, allowing him to pick up numerous sounds (including both infrasound and ultrasound) and noises from immense distances (such as a conversation or a heartbeat in a soundproof room). After honing his senses, he has shown enough control to block out ambient sounds to focus on a specific source or frequency.
- Longevity: As a Kryptonian under a yellow star, Superman has a far greater lifespan than that of a human. With enough solar energy in his body, he will not show aging past his prime. Combined with his lack of needing nourishment and immunity to all earthly diseases, Superman is effectively immortal.
Key: Pre-Mother Box Resurrection | Post-Mother Box Resurrection