|“||You should try asking some questions once in a while. Quit playing the good little soldier. But I guess it's easier doing what we do if we don't need a reason.||„|
|~ Strife to his brother, War|
Strife is the co-protagonist of Darksiders Genesis, and a member of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Witty and sharp-eyed, Strife is the long ranged expert of his brethren, capable of mowing down armies of enemies with his pistols, Mercy and Redemption.
Strife often plays the comedian of his family, making jokes, taunting his enemies and even poking fun at his own comrades whenever he can. He intentionally angers demons such as Samael, and is not above throwing insults for no reason other than laughs. Strife is far more emotional than his brethren as well, and is constantly in question about the rights of his actions, as well as his service to the Charred Council. He is capable of intense moments of maturity, which allow him to connect with his siblings, keeping the bonds that tie them together strong.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 7-B, likely far higher. Higher with Anarchy Form
Name: Strife, also known as "Rider of the White Horse", "The White Rider", "The Delicate One", "The Outlaw"
Age: At least thousands of years
Classification: Nephilim, Horseman of the Apocalypse
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Weapon Mastery, Immortality (Type 1), Self-Sustenance (Type 1 and 2), Underwater Breathing (Type 2), Acrobatics, Shapeshifting (Disguised himself as a human), Instinctive Reaction, Healing (Via potions and Nature Shot), Statistics Amplification, Transformation, Invulnerability (Via Anarchy Form), Shadow Clones, Morality Manipulation (His clones taunt enemies), Statistics Reduction (his melee attacks and abilities slow down enemies), Danmaku, Homing Attack, Fire, likely Hellfire Manipulation, Explosion Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Energy Projection, Gravity Manipulation, Spatial Manipulation, Gliding, Portal Creation (Via Void Bombs), Resurrection (via Potions), Soul Manipulation, Non-Physical Interaction, Telekinesis, Summoning (Can summon his horse, Mayhem), Resistance to Fire Manipulation, Hellfire Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, Disease Manipulation, Corruption, Poison Manipulation and Soul Manipulation
Attack Potency: At least City level (Comparable to War, who destroyed the Black Throne Spire while heavily weakened), likely far higher (Comparable to Fury). Higher with Anarchy Form
Striking Strength: At least City Class, likely far higher. Higher with Anarchy Form
Durability: At least City level, likely far higher. Higher with Anarchy Form
Stamina: Very High (Can fight near endless hordes of enemies with no rest.)
Range: Extended Melee range with daggers. Tens of meters with Mercy and Redemption
Standard Equipment: Strife acquires various items and powers to assist him in combat.
- Mercy and Redemption: Strife's main weapons are two incredibly powerful pistols, each boasting an endless amount of ammunition. Mercy has 4 barrels, while Redemption has one. Each gun can store different properties, allowing Strife diversity in combat with 2 varying ammo types.
- Ghost Hook: A ghostly appendage that lets Strife grab onto objects and enemies, pulling either himself to them, or them to him.
- Void Bombs: Gear that allows Strife to create portals between two Void Panels.
- Aether Spark: An item that fires out a spark which ensnares enemies. When activated at Aether Platforms, it can be used to power up other, inactive Aether Platforms.
- Potions: Strife carries a maximum of 6 potions with him, which heal a large portion of the damage he's taken. If Strife takes fatal damage, a potion is used immediately. He can recover potions by absorbing an overflow of health orbs.
Intelligence: Very High (Is comparable to, if not smarter than his brother War. Capable of solving complex puzzles in various dungeons quite easily. Despite his joking attitude, is incredibly mature and knowledgeable about all of Creation, especially after spending an unknown amount of time with the Third Kingdom of Man. Has millennia of combat experience)
Weaknesses: Can have a somewhat short attention span when not serious enough. His special ammunition is not unlimited, unlike his standard shots. His seals prevent him from being at full power.
- Double Jump: Strife is able to jump again in mid air.
- Tempest Cloak: Allows Strife to glide a limited distance after a double jump.
- Anarchy Form: By slightly breaking the restraints placed on him by the council, Strife's full potential as a Horseman of the Apocalypse can be unleashed, transforming him into a large goblin-like creature. In this form, he gains horns, a scorpion tail capable of firing a giant laser beam, a minigun arm, and the ability to produce missile like projectiles. This form grants Strife invulnerability from enemy attacks.
- Mayhem: Strife can summon his steed Mayhem to aid him in combat.
A staple of all Horsemen, Strife can unleash his Wrath as devastating abilities.
- Shadow Clone: Strife dashes, leaving behind a shadowy image of himself to fire at his enemies. These clones can be augmented with various abilities, such as an increase in number, taunting foes, having their bullets pierce through enemies, ricochet off surfaces and exploding when their time is up.
- Caltrops: Strife lays down numerous spikes which explode if stepped on. Like his shadow clones, Strife's caltrops can be augmented with effects such as slowing down enemies, drawing enemies into their explosions or an increase in number.
- World Ender: Strife charges up and lets loose a giant beam of energy, decimating all foes standing in front of him and lowering their speed. Enemies killed by World Ender will explode.
Abilities Strife uses when in the thick of combat.
- Eviscerate: Strife dashes quickly in a line, stabbing through foes. Any enemies hit are snared, having their movement speed lowered.
- Wing Clip: Strife spins, slashing through enemies and lowering their movement speed.
- Scorpion Kick: An uppercut kick that drags enemies into the air.
- Devils Heel: A midair kick that sends enemies crashing to the ground.
- Dash: Strife dashes a great distance forward. He can chain up to 3 dashes before taking a brief pause. His dashes have properties that make the ability incredibly useful.
- Quickstep: After Strife dashes, he gains a burst of movement speed for a few seconds.
- Evade Counter: By dodging right before an attack hits, Strife can freely leave behind a shadow clone to shoot at enemies for a few seconds.
- Shadow Step: When in the air, Strife can dash quickly back to the ground.
- Hotstreak: A technique unique to Strife, this allows him to dramatically empower the abilities of his pistols, increasing the speed, damage and/or properties of his ammunition vastly, even when out of special ammunition.
- Synergy - Bullet Barrage: Strife bursts from the shadows, unleashing a powerful barrage of bullets in all directions.
Strife's powerful gun's are capable of using a wide variety of ammunition, one able to hold a completely different type than the other, granting him a deceptively large amount of variety.
- Standard Shot: Strife's most basic ammo type. Normal bullet shots from Mercy and Redemption, completely limitless in capacity. Hotstreak Bonus: The damage of his shots is increased, as is the rate of fire.
- Charge Shot: Strife charges a strong piercing bullet up to 3 levels for increased size and power. Hotstreak Bonus: Strife can fire fully charged shots instantly.
- Static Shot: Mercy and Redemption fire an electric bolt that arcs to nearby enemies, damaging and slowing them. Hotstreak Bonus: Fires a more powerful bolt that deals more damage and arcs to more enemies.
- Beam Shot: Strife fires a beam of energy that deals damage at a very rapid pace. Hotstreak Bonus: A larger, empowered beam pierces through enemies for increased damage.
- Lava Shot: Strife shoots ammunition that sticks onto enemies, exploding after a short time. The more Strife fires, the faster he fires. Hotstreak Bonus: Strife shoots a medium-ranged flamethrower, igniting enemies. Enemies killed explode, spreading the flames to others.
- Nature Shot: Strife fires a very wide spray of bullets that have a chance of spawning health orbs when enemies are hit. Hotstreak Bonus: Shots imbue enemies with the power of nature, allowing health orbs to spawn when they are hit. They explode on death into more health orbs.
- Void Shot: Unleashing a gravity field that pulls in enemies, Strife can charge this shot up to 3 levels to increase size and duration. Hotstreak Bonus: Strife fires fully charged shots which explode once their duration is over.