|“||They can take your world. They can take your heart. Cut you loose from all you know. But if it's your fate... then every step forward will always be a step closer to home.||„|
|~ Sora in the intro to KHIII|
|“||I know the Keyblade didn't choose me, and I don't care. I'm proud to be a small part of something bigger - The people it did choose. My friends... they are my power!||„|
|~ Sora to Xemnas and Xigbar|
|“||A scattered dream that's like a far off memory... A far off memory that's like a scattered dream... I wanna line the pieces up... yours, and mine...||„|
|~ Sora in the intro to KHII|
|“||That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!||„|
|~ Sora to Ansem|
Sora is a cheerful, young boy hailing from the Destiny Islands and the main protagonist of the Kingdom Hearts series. Longing to see the worlds outside of his own, he and his friends Riku and Kairi pledged to build a raft and set out together. However, on their planned day of departure, a freak storm hit their home and their world was subsequently engulfed by the Darkness. It was at this time that Sora unlocked his ability to wield a Keyblade, a weapon of legend that is said to bring salvation or destruction but is thrown into a Corridor of Darkness despite his efforts to combat the shadows that were swarming his home. Awakening in Traverse Town, he soon sets out with Goofy and Donald Duck, attendants to King Mickey, to discover the mystery behind the Darkness and reunite with his friends.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least High 4-C | Possibly 3-A
Origin: Kingdom Hearts
Age: 14 (KHI), 15 (KHII onwards), 14 physically in KH3D
Classification: Human, Keyblade Wielder, Chosen Wielder of the Kingdom Key, One of the Seven Guardians of Light
Powers and Abilities:
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Information Analysis (Via Scan), Vehicular Mastery (Adept at using the Gummi Ship), Flight, Energy Manipulation, Elemental Manipulation (Fire, Ice, Lightning and Wind), Water Manipulation (Via Dumbo), Gravity Manipulation, Damage Boost (Can restore his own Magic by taking damage) Summoning, Absorption, Magic, Dimensional Travel, Portal Creation (The Keyblade can create portals), Telekinesis (Via Treasure Magnet), Power Bestowal (Should scale to other Keyblade users who can pass the power of their Keyblades onto others, can also grant Nonexistent Physiology Existence Erasure, Non-Physical Interaction and Regeneration Negation (Unknown) to those his "heart" bonds with, just like his own), Homing Attack (With most summons and spells), Resurrection (Can ressurect himself with Tinker Bell), Damage Reduction (Via Aero), Healing (Via Curaga), Glyph Creation (Via Trinity Limit), Nonexistent Physiology Existence Erasure (With the Keyblade, Can cause Nobodies to fade from existence who are consistently stated to be beings that don’t exist), Regeneration Negation (Unknown, can negate the ability of the Heartless of coming back after being defeated), Non-Physical Interaction (Can harm Nobodies, which have Nonexistent Physiology), Limited Fate Manipulation (Aqua cast a spell on Kairi, which caused Sora to support her when she's in trouble), Light Manipulation (Can use several light based attacks as a warrior of light), Time Stop (Via Stopga), Attack Reflection, Keyblade Master-level fighter, Immersion (Entered Winnie The Pooh's book), Invulnerability (Via multiple techniques), Explosion Manipulation (Via multiple techniques), Is able to hold on in a fight after taking massive damage or being comboed via Second Chance and Once More, Immortality (Type 6. Can insert his "heart" into others to live indefinitely), Possession (The Keyblade allows its user to send their own "heart" free, which can then proceed to possess the target), Sealing/BFR (The Keyblade can seal things by locking the Keyhole of it, which includes pathways to other places), Sealing Negation (Keyblades can open the seals of multiple things, including the gates between "Worlds"), Curse Removal (It was heavily implied that the Keyblade could remove Calypso's curse of being bound in a mortal body), Immortality Negation (Types 5 and 8, The Keyblade is the only weapon capable of releasing the "hearts" of the Heartless, and it was shown it can also destroy the skeletal forms of the pirates despite being neither alive nor dead
Ice Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Light Manipulation, Time Stop (Can move inside of the Realm of Darkness (Which is timeless in nature), and the Keyblade grants additional Resistance to Magic-based Time Stop), Absorption, Death Manipulation (Unaffected by Heartless, which passively kill and absorb things around them), Dream Manipulation (Ventus' heart protected Sora from the darkness, and Riku acts as Sora's Dream Eater, protecting him from nightmares), Life Absorption, Attack Nullification, and Power Nullification (Broke out of Xemnas' ability to do this to him, Possession (His Nobody, Roxas, is capable of expelling the Hover Ghost's, which possess enemies from himself and should be comparable to him), Existence Erasure (Can take hits from Heartless), Curse Manipulation (Was unaffected by the Cursed Medallions), Darkness Manipulation, Cosmic Radiations, Electricity Manipulation, Magic, Law Manipulation (Due to not being apart of the worlds he travels in, Sora is unaffected by the laws of those worlds, such as when the curse medallion did nothing to him, Goofy, and Donald, despite the latter being greedy), Mind Manipulation, Memory Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, and Willpower Manipulation (The Realm of Darkness has been stated to eradicate existence itself within it, and anyone who's traveled there have never returned, Ansem the Wise by being in the Realm of Darkness was losing his sense of self and memories, having to give in to his hatred to survive, Aqua not long after being in the Realm of Darkness lost the will to continue, and needed to stay true to her friends to fight it), High Resistance to Time Manipulation (In the variety of Time Slow or Time Stop)
All previous, Power Nullification, Resistance Negation (Lethal Frame ignores Time Stop resistance), Damage Transferal (Via Synchro), Teleportation, Additional Existence Erasure (Warp is described as erasing his enemies from existence, the Lexaeus card allows Sora to turn his finishing blow to often trigger Warp on the target), Power Mimicry (Can copy the abilities of the opponent with the Darkside card), Status Effect Inducement (Capable of inducing fear in his enemies (Via Terror) and scramble their motor controls (Via Confuse, Sora can also induce this status effect with Keyblade attacks with the Zexion card), Vibration Manipulation (Via Quake), Statistics Amplification (Can double his own AP with the Roxas card), Invisibility (Via the Gargoyle card), Passive Poison Manipulation (Via the Neoshadow card), Power Nullification (Cards allow to nullify the technique of the opponent from being performed, further enhanceable with the Luxord card), Resurrection (Instead of Tinker Bell, Sora can come back with the Vexen card)
All of the abilities in KHI but Water Manipulation, Gravity Manipulation, Time Manipulation, Air Manipulation and Glyph Creation, Enhanced Senses (Has a "map" in his head (While it could normally be dismissed as a game mechanic, the status effect in 358/2 Days that prevents access to it justifies it)), Damage Reduction (Defender allows Sora to duplicate his durability if he's at low health), Resurrection (Via Tinker Bell), Magnetism Manipulation (Via Magnega), Forcefield Creation (Via Reflega), Darkness Manipulation and Natural Weaponry (Can call upon the darkness in his heart to enter Anti Form, although this is often accidental), Spatial Manipulation, Power Mimicry (When battling either Xigbar or the Sniper Nobodies, Sora appears to warp through space when redirecting their shots and frequently duels and beats the Nobodies with their own powers, raised his own "Power Level" to be above Lexaeus' during their fight), Text Manipulation (Interacted with and messed with text in Winnie The Pooh's book), Power Nullification (Undid Larxene's duplication, circumvented Xaldin's wind barrier, rose the doom counter against Marluxia and broke out of Zexion's pocket dimension), Empathic Manipulation (Can calm down Beast with his magic), Transformation and Statistics Amplification (Has a number of transformations (Drive Forms) to use that increase his stats in a variety of ways)
Same as in KHI, plus Data Manipulation (Can take hits from the MCP in Space Paranoids), BFR and Sealing (Broke out of Zexion sealing him inside of a book), Illusion Creation (Broke out of Zexion's ability to mess with his commands), further Life Absorption, Attack Nullification, and Power Nullification (Broke out of the Lingering Will's command lock), Corruption (His clothes protect him from the corrupting effects of darkness), Transmutation (Capable of reverting to his normal form after being turned into a card/die when fighting Luxord or the Gambler Nobodies)
Same as in KHII but Transformation, Statistics Amplification, Resurrection, Forcefield Creation and Natural Weaponry, Water Manipulation (Via Balloonga), Air Manipulation (Via Tornado), Gravity Manipulation (Via Zero Gravity spells), Time Manipulation (Via Stopga), Invisibility (Via Vanish), Poison Manipulation, Weather Manipulation, Afterimage Creation, Sound Manipulation, Teleportation, Status Effect Inducement (Can confuse opponents with Confusing Strike, Can blind opponents with Blackout), Aura (Flowmotion allows Sora to perform a variery of techniques with such), Acrobatics (Sora can perform a variety of movement actions in this fashion with Flowmotion), Purification (Esuna allows Sora to remove negative status effects from himself and allies), Size Manipulation (Can shrink opponents around him with Mini), Sleep Manipulation (Via Sleepga)
Same as in KHII but Natural Weaponry, Rage Power (Via Rage form), Water Manipulation (Via Water spells), Air Manipulation (Via Aero spells), Resurrection (Via the Kupo Coin Sora can immediately resurrect if he's defeated, has the power to "bring back those that have been lost or no longer exist" with the power of waking, and can will himself back with the power of his friends and via Raise), Self-Sustenance (Type 1. Can breathe in space and underwater), Surface Scaling, Adhesive Manipulation (Via Hunny Spout Formchanges' moves and Shotlocks), Aura and Acrobatics (Sora kept the Flowmotion from KH3D), Plant Manipulation, Glyph Creation (Via certain Formchanges), Resistance Negation (Guardbreaker ignores physical and magical resistances), Telepathy (Can feel Anna's heart being injured without being actually aware), Causality Manipulation (Rewrote the deaths of the keyblade wielders and completed negated the prophecy of darkness prevailing and light expiring, This affected even Xehanort who is unaffected by changes to the past), Sound Manipulation (Via Magic Carousel), Nanotechnology (Via Nano Arms techniques and Shotlocks)
Attack Potency: At least Large Star level (Far stronger than Hades and the Titans, who should be comparable to Zeus, who near-effortlessly rearranged hundreds of stars. Fought and defeated Twilight Xemnas with the help of Riku) | Possibly Universe level (Was able to fight and defeat Xehanort, who wielded the Complete X-Blade, with the help of Donald and Goofy)
Speed: Massively FTL+ (Fought and defeated the Lingering Will who is evidently superior to Terra in speed as well as being capable of reacting to, dodging and even blocking charges from the Lingering Will on his Keyblade Glider. He is one of the fastest characters alongside the likes of Roxas and Larxene and was fast enough to react to a surrounding array of laser blasts with no way out but to constantly reflect and block the attacks along with Riku. Is much swifter than Monstro who outpaced the Highwind, which is shown to be capable of traversing between worlds, which exist in different solar systems, in a mere 130 seconds, during the events of KH1)
Lifting Strength: At least Class M (Could overpower a huge beast made of solid stone while nerfed as a lion)
Stamina: Very high, can completely bulldoze through 1,000 Heartless and have long fights with equally powerful enemies, has been going from world to world for years doing pretty much nothing but fighting. Fought against Ansem and Xemnas in several battles in each of their final fights respectively.
(Kingdom Key): Through channeling one's strength of heart, the user can summon a Keyblade to use in battle. Sora's Keyblade is the Kingdom Key, a weapon from the realm of light. Through the use of the Keyblade, the user is granted increased strength, speed, durability, and increased magical power, as well as access to special abilities, like turning your Keyblade into a bike or whip. Thus far, Sora has not demonstrated such special abilities as of KHII but has finally obtained such in KHIII, implying his mastery of the ability after training under Yen Sid.
Found among all Keyblades, Keychains allow the user's Keyblade to change shape and abilities, which vary a lot depending on the user and the Keychain itself.
Sora can quickly change the Keychain of his Keyblade by resummoning his own Keyblade with another Keychain, which is by default in its true form, the Kingdom Key.
The following are all the formes Sora's Keyblade can take from the respective Keychain:
A one-use item that allows to recover health by a decent amount quickly by casting it on himself or an ally.
A one-use item that allows to recover health by a noticeable amount quickly by casting it on himself or an ally.
A one-use item that allows Sora and allies to recover health by a decent amount quickly by casting it on himself and allies.
A one-use item that allows to recover magic by a noticeable amount quickly by casting it on himself or an ally.
A one-use item that allows to recover magic back to peak quickly by casting it on himself or an ally.
A one-use item that allows Sora and allies to recover magic back to peak quickly by casting it on himself and allies.
A one-use item that allows Sora to refill his focus a noticeable amount to be able to use Shotlocks by casting it on himself.
A one-use item that allows Sora to refill his focus back to peak to be able to use Shotlocks by casting it on himself.
A one-use item that allows to recover health and magic back to peak quickly by casting it on himself or an ally, also rendering the one cast to with a resistance to multiple status effects for a while.
An one-use item that allows Sora and allies to recover health and magic back to peak quickly by casting it on himself and allies, also rendering the ones cast to with a resistance to multiple status effects for a while.
As a wide variety of chains, belts, ribbons, bandannas, and armlets, among others, they grant Sora with a minor but still usable increase in stats, with some of the most noteworthy ones boosting his resistances to most elemental attacks, with others like the Shock Charm+ boosting the power of his Thunder spell.
As rings, bands, belts, armlets, and badges, among others, they grant Sora with useful abilities for a fight, from boosting the power of his elemental attacks, increasing his resistance to attacks and many others, also granting a minor but still usable increase in stats.
The Gummi Ship is the main way Sora travels across the Realm of Light, holding a wide variety of weapons, Sora can do many techniques with it when fighting in the middle of space.
Intelligence: Combat Genius. Sora, having lived on the Destiny Islands for most of his life, is not particularly worldly and has proven to be rather excitable and naive, such as the time where he was completely fooled by Mulan's paper-thin disguise as a man. However, he is a borderline genius in combat, becoming a Keyblade Master-level fighter in a little over a year, teaching himself a variety of sword techniques, magical spells, and supporting abilities that have served him well on his journeys, outmatching the likes of Ansem, Roxas, Marluxia, and Xemnas in combat, the latter of whom became the strongest character (pre-KHIII) in the entire series after obtaining the power of Kingdom Hearts. Sora has also shown the ability to perfectly replicate attacks after seeing them a single time, showing heightened combat awareness and dynamic thinking skills. He has even proven himself capable of using his opponent's weapons against them, stealing Roxas's Keyblades, utilizing Saix's Claymore, and throwing Marluxia's own scythe at him. Also, despite his kind nature and previously mentioned naivete, he is not easily swayed by his foes' sweet words. He quickly saw past Xemnas's attempts to paint himself as the victim (which was far more convincing than Mulan's disguise) and perceived him for the monster that he is before attacking him. After loosing all of his powers again, he became strong enough to bring down Keyblade Masters like Aqua in little time, before eventually reviving himself and taking down most of the new Organisation XIII. He grew to the point where he was able to hard-press a X-Blade wielding Master Xehanort, likely the most powerful character in the series.
Sora is quite limited in options here, as he only holds basic Keyblade attacks, the Firaga, Thundaga, Blizzaga, Graviga, Stopga, Aeroga (Defensive variant), Curaga, the summons Simba, Genie, Bambi, Dumbo, Tinker Bell and Mushu, and advanced Keyblade techniques like Ars Arcanum, Sonic Blade, Ragnarok, and Strike Raid.
Sora will try to attack the opponent close combat with his Keyblade, a bit later using magic to keep his distance to not leave himself too vulnerable from just doing that. If the opponent is tough, Sora may summon Tinker Bell so that he can heal without much issue, or Bambi if he is running out of magic, if the opponent doesn't resist Stopga, Sora can abuse it to keep the target in place so he can attack freely.
Other summons may also be used if Sora thinks he can use them freely, the same also applies to the advanced Keyblade techniques.
Sora keeps all of his past abilities in KHI, but Simba, Genie, Bambi, and Mushu do different things than before, with Cloud also being a summon now, however, Sora uses Sleights most of the time instead, allowing him to do techniques like Lethal Frame or Gravity Raid. Sora abuses the Power Nullification and mechanics of the cards to win, however, as each enemy card eventually wears down, Sora will be weaker than when he started after a while.
Thanks to the Platinum Card, Jafar, Air Pirate, and Creeper Plant cards, Sora can turn himself with a degree of Invulnerability via passively nulling opposing attacks, allowing him to freely setup Sleights; the Darkball card prevents Sora from being a victim of Information Analysis, allowing Sora to surprise some foes with his techniques, and the Neoshadow Card also allows Sora to damage opponents regardless of what he may do in the meantime for a while.
Enemy Cards that have to be manually used are available to Sora for use depending on what he sees the foe using the most to attack, outside of that Sora keeps the same character as in KHI.
Sora forgot most of his previous abilities, of which he got a variant of Firaga that spins around himself, Blizzaga, Thundaga, Curaga and the new Magnega and Reflega, the summons Stitch, Chicken Little, Peter Pan (Tinker Bell included) and Genie.
Sora also gets the Drive Forms, allowing Sora to increase his own power and heal himself in the process, which thanks to Second Chance he will do so if he doesn't have enought time to use a Potion or cast Curaga if he already ran out of magic.
Outside of that, Sora will try to attack his opponent with his basic combo then offensive magic as needed, other techniques, spells, summons and so on may be used depending on if the situation calls for it.
Sora no longer has any of the summons of before, but he can use Link Attacks and Dual Attacks alongside two of his Dream Eaters (Which he can change as needed), Flowmotion is also a new trick for Sora here, allowing to perform a lot of aerial strategies as needed.
As Sora's basic combo is not as effective as in past games, Sora uses advanced Keyblade Techniques like Ars Arcanum or Magic spells like Zero Graviza to attack, Flowmotion is also the most used if the target is too tough, and as usual, Sora will use any of his available options depending on what the situation calls for.
Sora now holds only the Firaga, Blizzaga, Thundaga, Aeroga (Offensive variation), Curaga and the new Waterga (Also including their Grand Magic variations), the summons Stitch, Ariel, Simba, Wreck-It Ralph, Meow Wow and Pegasus. Sora also keeps Flwomotion, but it no longer is as good as before beyond now it being his main way to get closer to a target.
Sora also gets the new Formchanges, which allow Sora to change the form of his Keyblade and techniques depending on what the situation calls for, the same also applies to Shotlocks, homing attacks, some of which allow Sora to attack in more unique ways than others.
Just like other variations of Sora's character, Sora will lead with the basic Keyblade combo, then he will use Magic and other techniques to keep his distance, after a while he will be able to use a Formchange, which will empower all of his available options, Sora can also switch Keychain at will to change Formchange as needed, including even in the middle of a combo.
Attraction Flow is also a new option, however, it is normally used when having to deal with a lot of opponents, rather than a single one unless Sora isn't really vulnerable while performing such.
Composite Sora will lead with the cards as they don't even need to be manually activated, rendering him with a degree of invulnerability at the start of a fight, Sora will still do the same as in KHIII, lead with the basic Keyblade combo (Similar to Second Form's in this case, however), then perform Magic to keep his distance, Sora will only use a technique such as Warp if he thinks the target deserves it for the greater good or if he's bloodlusted, outside of that, Sora's character remains practically the same as in other games.
Weaknesses: Sora's supply of mana is not infinite, forcing Sora to use his supply of magic sparingly and thoughtfully (but it can recharge over time, or Sora can either use a mana potion, summon Bambi, get himself hit that can recharge it, or by using a Drive Form). Has not shown any skill in unarmed combat. Could be defenseless if one manages to disarm him (but this weakness is mitigated by the fact that Sora could either summon back his Keyblade to his hand right away, use his Anti-Form, or his magic spells to fight)
- Became the Kingdom Key's chosen wielder.
- Took on and defeated Sephiroth... twice.
- Fought Xemnas along with Donald, Goofy, and The Beast in KH: Final Mix when he only had half a heart (This means that, from a story and power standpoint, he was incomplete when he didn't have Roxas with him, meaning Sora was "half as powerful" at the time of said fight)
- Overpowered a giant, solid stone heartless while nerfed as a small lion (Lifting Strength)
- Fought and taken several god-like beings such as Genie Jafar, Hades, Sephiroth, Ansem, Xemnas, etc.
- Responsible for the destruction of most of the Original Organization XIII.
- Along with Riku, defeated Xemnas who had absorbed an incomplete Kingdom Hearts. A complete one being capable of restoring hundreds of worlds to normal.
- Contended with and defeated/stalemated the Lingering Will, a being with power and mastery over the Keyblade far above that of Sora and even Terra himself (even though the Lingering Will is a suit of armor that contains Terra's mind within).
- Took on an army of 1,000 Heartless by himself and without rest.
- Has traveled to many worlds doing nothing but primarily fighting.
- Ars Arcanum: One of his most powerful attacks, Sora charges the Keyblade with energy before unleashing a powerful flurry of up to thirteen strikes. He opens with Arcanum, stunning the target in preparation for Bash, two sets of five blows that are quickly chained into each other. He finishes the target with Finis, two overhead swings that knock the target away. Sora is virtually invincible while executing this technique, nullifying the enemy's ability to counter-attack.
- Double Slash: Sora does a quick slide, pulling himself near the enemy and damaging them.
- Explosion: Sora can make several magical spheres that surround him and explode.
- Guard Break: Sora hops backward a short distance before delivering a powerful lunging strike that smashes through most forcefields and bypasses resistance to physical or magical attacks.
- Hurricane Blast: An aerial finisher in which Sora spins rapidly to repeatedly attack his foe, releasing bursts of light all the while.
- Lethal Frame: Sora stops time around an enemy and slashes them several times before restarting the flow of time, destroying foes with the damage he accumulated while time was stopped. This ability's time-stopping mechanic is even more powerful than the normal Stop spell, working on foes who have displayed resistance to Time Manipulation.
- Ragnarok: Alternatively called Infinity. After finishing an aerial combo, Sora can charge energy in his Keyblade to unleash a powerful fusillade of energy projectiles, the number, and power of which is directly proportional to the amount of time he spends charging.
- Ripple Drive: A powerful finisher attacks that envelop Sora's surroundings with a pink lattice that deals damage proportional to Sora's MP to all foes nearby.
- Stun Impact: Sora quickly gathers energy and then emits it from himself at all directions, forming a sphere that stuns foes caught in it.
- Sonic Blade/Rave: Sora unleashes seven powerful thrust attacks at the enemy, with the final attack being more powerful and damaging.
- Strike Raid: Also translated as Strike Judgement in KHII. Sora throws his Keyblade at the enemy four times, with a fifth and final throw being more powerful to the point of sending the target flying into the air.
- Upper Slash: While assaulting his foe on the ground, Sora hits them with a powerful upward swing, leaving them open to aerial combos.
- Vicinity Break: Unleashes a powerful spinning attack when surrounded.
- Zantetsuken: A combo finisher that has Sora bring back his blade before dashing past his foes for an impossibly fast strike, dealing massive damage to all unfortunate to be caught in the line of fire. He can also use this as a counterattack to catch a foe who has been staggered from having their attack blocked.
- Salvation: Sora charges his Keyblade for a moment with light magic and then quickly releases it around himself, forming a wave of light and large light pillars coming from crystals also made from it. This move also heals Sora while performed.
- Break Time: Sora tosses his Keyblade upwards on the air, then starts spinning on the air alongside three blue orbs above him that emit blue light at him, after a few moments Sora will strike a slick pose, which will either have the same effect as Curaga, restore stamina or fully recharge link gauges for his own Dream Eaters. This move leaves Sora vulnerable for a noticeable amount of time, however, leading into it not being used much (If at all) against foes comparable to him in power or higher unless Sora has enought free time for it.
- Shadowbreaker: Sora spins on the air swirling his Keyblade while it is being enhanced by darkness, then once more but with light instead.
- Icebreaker: Sora spins on the air swirling his Keyblade while it is enhanced by ice, then once more but with fire instead.
- Aeroga: Sora can conjure a barrier of wind currents around himself, halving any damage he receives while this is active. Aeroga also inflicts damage to anyone that gets near Sora while it's active, acting as not only a defensive barrier but an offensive one as well. He can also use this to instead create a wind vortex that blows away his enemies while dealing damage in the process, also creating a small gust of wind for him to bounce on for Flowmotion techniques.
- Tornado: Sora creates a tornado, which he telekinetically aims to grab opponents with it for a while until it vanishes.
- Balloonga: A spell introduced in Dream Drop Distance. Sora summons a large balloon that when it bursts on contact with a target, releases more balloons for additional damage. The large balloon has a high chance of stunning the foe, with the smaller ones having a less but still has a chance to stun the target.
- Blizzaga: A powerful ice spell that fires a shard of ice that pierces foes, fragmenting like shrapnel and dealing several ticks of damage to foes it passes through.
- Ice Barrage: Sora creates a large sharp chunk of ice right below an opponent.
- Deep Freeze: Sora chills the air nearby him to freeze opponents that get too close to him.
- Curaga: A healing spell that brings Sora and nearby allies back to full health, reviving them if they had recently fallen to enemy attacks.
- Firaga: Sora shoots out a ball of fire that sets his enemies ablaze. Alternatively, this becomes a rotating ring of fire centered around him that incinerates nearby enemies.
- Firaga Burst: Sora creates a big flaming orb above himself, which will then emit homing balls of fire to the opponents downwards.
- Mega Flare: Sore fires a large ball of fire that does an extremely wide explosion when it lands.
- Graviga: Sora manipulates gravity to either lift enemies into the air and leaving them vulnerable or to crash flying enemies into the ground where they can be more easily dealt with. Also, some variations of the spell deal damage based on how much of the opponent's health is remaining, dealing more damage to topped off foes than weakened foes.
- Zero Graviga: Sora creates a zero-gravity field that sends enemies drifting in the air where they lose health the longer they remain in it, and may also be confused when Sora takes advantage of their vulnerability to strike them, forcing them to spin far more in the air.
- Magnega: Sora creates a vortex of magnetic force that draws in his enemies and deals continuous damage in the process. Trapped in a tight group, Sora is free to attack foes who are restrained in this manner.
- Reflega: Sora creates a powerful defensive barrier around him that completely nullifies incoming attacks. If it successfully blocks an attack, the barrier unleashes a spray of light as it disperses it, dealing damage to all foes nearby. Sora can repeatedly use this spell in the face of extremely fast or powerful blows to protect himself, but doing so drains his magic, which can leave him unable to use spells for a while.
- Stopga: Sora stops time around his foes, rendering them incapable of action and leaving him to attack them as much as he pleases within the duration of the spell. Currently only available to Sora in KH1, Chain of Memories, and Dream Drop Distance.
- Thundaga: Sora calls down lightning bolts from the sky to strike his foes.
- Warp: A spell that allows Sora to generate a spatial anomaly that sucks enemies in and erases them from existence.
- Waterga: Summons a barrier of Water around Sora before either exploding or shoots out as a ball of water that homes in on the target. Its initial form as a barrier also allows it to repel projectile attacks away from Sora.
- Sparkga: Sora summons three light crystals above himself, which then quickly spin forming three rings of rainbow-colored light that damage opponents.
- Faith: Similar to Salvation, Sora summons six pillars of light around himself, which then quickly spin outwards to damage opponents. This move also heals Sora while performed.
- Sleepga: Sora emits a mist from the top of his keyblade as a swift wave around him, those caught in it besides Sora fall sleep.
- Mini: Sora emits a shockwave from his Keyblade, those caught in it are reduced to sizes small enought for Sora being able to damage them by just walking over them.
- Blackout: Sora emits a shockwave from his Keyblade, those caught in it are rendered blind for a while.
- Time Bomb: Sora uses magic to put a timer on the opponent, after a few seconds it will each 0, making them explode.
- Bind: Sora emits a shockwave from his Keyblade, those caught in it are stunned, rendering them unable to move from the place they currently are for a while, they can still do attacks from there, however.
- Confuse: Sora emits a shockwave from his Keyblade, those caught in it are confused for a moment, turning into attacking their own allies (If any, otherwise just attacking without aiming properly) instead of Sora.
- Poison: Sora emits a shockwave from his Keyblade, those caught in it are poisoned, eventually losing health from it.
- Vanish: Sora emits a light from his Keyblade to himself, which then turns him very transparent to the point he is not easy to be seen.
- Fire Raid: Sora throws his Keyblade while it is fire-enhanced.
- Blizzard Raid: Sora throws his Keyblade while it is ice-enhanced.
- Thunder Raid: Sora throws his Keyblade while it is electricity-enhanced.
- Gravity Raid: Sora throws his Keyblade, those hit by it also get Graviga summoned on them.
- Stop Raid: Sora throws his Keyblade, those hit by it get their own time stopped.
- Judgment: Sora throws his Keyblade similarly to Strike Raid once, but the Keyblade will constantly aim to the target(s) for a while.
- Reflect Raid: Sora throws his Keyblade, with each thing it hits, the Keyblade will duplicate into three, which can also do the same and so on, after a moment they will just vanish and the Keyblade goes back to Sora.
- Firaga Break: Sora summons an explosion of flames in front of him.
- Aqua Splash: Sora fires a stream of melted ice to attack.
- Shock Impact: Sora emits a wave of energy, those caught in it are damaged and may also get their time stopped.
- Quake: Sora hits the floor with his Keyblade, forming a shockwave and an earthquake.
- Terror: Sora summons a ball of darkness that haunts opponents, striking them in fear, this move works on Heartless, which are devoid of a mind.
- Synchro: Sora turns the health of other opponents the same as the one of the specifically selected target.
- Teleport: Sora can instantly teleport behind an opponent, the selected opponent also becomes time-stopped for a moment, allowing Sora to freely follow up with an attack.
- Raging Storm: Sora surrounds himself with three tornados of fire that rotate around himself, then goes floating to the opponents to harm them.
Special stronger variations of certain spells, instead of ending with "-ga", they end with "-za" or "-ja" in name, unlike other magic spells, they can't be used constantly.
- Firaza: Sora fires a ball of fire, it does a wide explosion of flames on impact, similarly to Mega Flare.
- Blizzaza: Sora fires a chunk of ice, on impact, it will expand with noticeably longer spikes than what Blizzaga would, also freezing the target hit by the main chunk.
- Thundaza: Sora summons electrical pillars around himself, after that they will clash into each other, forming a wide electrical explosion.
- Aeroza: A stronger variation of the offensive Aeroga, Sora summons on the current location of a target a wide whirlwind with three tornados around its epicenter.
- Waterza: Sora fires a large ball of water that on impact does a wide explosion of water.
- Curaza: An even stronger variation of Curaga, holds an even wider range and heals the user and allies back to peak (Cuisine-only).
- Zero Graviza: An even stronger variation of Zero Graviga, at which Sora creates an anti-gravitational orb above himself that pulls drifting foes towards it for continual damage, similarly to Magnega, unlike other Grand Magic spells, Sora's use of this spell started in KH3D.
When in need of extra help in a fight, Sora can call upon friends he made from other worlds to lend him a hand. These range from classic Disney characters like Simba, Genie, and Dumbo, to even Square Enix properties like Cloud Strife.
- Ariel: Dives through the ground and up into the air while damaging enemies.
- Bambi: Bambi bounces around the field and drops mana orbs that Sora can gather to refill his "mana gauge". It can also drop a special item for Sora after he defeats a certain number of enemies on the field.
- Chicken Little: Can heal Sora, whistle to stun enemies and bring them closer to Sora similar to the Magnet spell, and throw baseballs at enemies to damage them.
- Cloud Strife: Performs a series of powerful slashes at the enemy.
- Dumbo: Rides atop Dumbo and flies around the field, shooting jets of water from its trunk that can push back and damage the enemy.
- Genie: Summons Genie to shoot a multitude of magic beams at the enemy with various effects (such as hitting them with Thunder, Gravity, and Time effects. Could also use two or three spells of this at a time), or transform into his own Drive Forms and use his own versions of Sora's attacks from his Limit Form.
- Meow Wow: Bounces around the field while Sora rides atop, and finishes with a burst that releases all other Dream Eaters to drop onto enemies.
- Mushu: Spits fireballs at the enemy from a distance while atop Sora's head.
- Peter Pan w/ Tinker Bell: For Peter Pan, he attacks enemies along with Sora while flying. With Tinker Bell, she continuously heals Sora and his allies in combat and can revive him back to full health should he fall in battle.
- Simba: Produces a powerful, damaging roar within a certain range from him and Sora. He can also be summoned while covered in flames, and attacks with a leap and roar with said flames.
- Stitch: Is able to shoot any incoming projectiles that may harm Sora as well as shooting enemies with his blaster, able to heal Sora or refill his MP gauge by licking the "screen" (somehow), and stun enemies with his ukelele. He can also move around the field to create forcefields that Sora can use to shock enemies with bolts of electricity.
- Wreck-It Ralph: Can tackle foes and create blocks with lights on them that stuns any enemies caught in them.
- Pegasus: Unlike other summons, Pegasus is summoned in the Ultimate Finish move of the Hero's Origin Formchange, at which Sora's Keyblade (Which was turned into a shield beforehand) transforms into a chariot pulled by Pegasus himself, allowing Sora to roam around in the air while riding it, striking opponents with Thunder magic for a while.
Sora can join one of his Dream Eaters to do a special technique (Link Attacks):
- Meow Wounce: Sora rides on either Meow Wow, Flowbermeow, Meowjesty or Catanuki to constantly slam on opponents, creating shockwaves of light.
- Roll Call: Sora runs on top of a ball-shaped variant form of Cera Terror, Drill Sye, Escarglow or Tama Sheep to roll on opponents.
- Whirling Bronco: Sora rides a Cyber Yog or Yoggy Ram to ram and spin on opponents to attack, the spin being electric-based if used with a Cyber Yog, or fire-based instead if on a Yoggy Ram.
- Fly-By Knight: Sora grabs onto an Eaglider, Halbird, Komory Bat or Peepsta Hoo to ram on opponents on the air, also creating light shockwaves as it ends.
- Hammer Throw: Sora grabs Pricklemane from the tail and swings it around to attack.
- Flame Thrower: Sora tosses a Hebby Ripp or Sudo Neku while it is on a wheel shape with its own body, spinning around and dealing fire attacks.
- Decussation: Sora and Chef Kyroo, Lord Kyroo, Sir Kyroo or Ryu Dragon team up together to do quicks slashes at the opponents, moving so fast they leave afterimages while doing it, the finishing blow also being fire-enhanced if performed with Ryu Dragon.
- Poison Dash: Toximander forms a wide poisonous floating bubble that Sora rides on top, moving it around to absorb enemies in it, after a while or when Sora desires it will explode, doing damage to those caught in it and nearby.
- Water Blaster: Sora grabs Fin Fatale or Fishbone to aim from it a stream of water at opponents.
- Bubble Blaster: Sora grabs Tatsu Steed to aim from it bubbles to attack, this move also has a chance of trapping a foe in a bubble, which will then shortly after burst, doing even more damage.
- Paw Groove: Sora and Necho Cat or Frootz Cat dance, creating sound shockwaves around themselves to attack.
- Equestrian Raid: Sora rides on Electricorn, Pegaslick or Thunderaffe, charging at opponents, also being electrically enhanced if used with Electricorn.
- Swing Fling: Kooma Panda, Ursa Circus, Majik Lapin or Me Me Bonny grab Sora from his feet, then swing him around to attack while Sora holds his Keyblade outwards.
- Belly Raid: Sora rides on top of Iceguin Ace, charging at opponents while leaving a trail of ice.
- Target Shot: Sora grabs and aims with Kab Kannon or KO Kabuto to fire bullets at enemies.
- Trap Shot: Similar to Target Shot, Sora grabs and aims Staggerceps to fire bullets at enemies, unlike the previous one, fewer bullets are fired per second, but if one lands on a target, it will become binded for a moment, turning unable to move from its current place, allowing Sora to then aim more easily.
- Cure Sun: Sora and Wheeflower cast an orb on the air nearby them, completely healing Sora and allies back to peak, eliminating negative status effects and also granting the ability recover health if some is lost later by enhancing regenerative capabilities for a while.
- Vacuum Ghost: Sora grabs Ghostabocky or Jestabocky to aim with it enemies for the Dream Eater to absorb with its mouth, after that it will bite what it was absorbed then spit it out, dealing dark-based damage to them.
- Berserker Bronco: Sora rides on top of Zoolephant or Beatalike to stamp on enemies.
- Lucky Dice: Sora and Juggle Pup or R&R Seal toss a dice, depending on the results the following things can happen:
- Sora's Die: If the result is Sora, the result will backfire on Sora and allies, if-else, it will target the opponents.
- Dream Eater's Die: Six different things can happen depending on the face, the Dices may cast Firaga and Time Bomb, Blizzaga and freeze the ones cast to, cast Thundaga and bind the inflicted ones, cast Stop (A weaker and more basic variation of Stopga), cast Confuse or cast a Megalixir (which completely heals and refill magic back to peak, while also removing any active negative status effects).
- Fire Blaster: Similar to Bubble Blaster, Sora grabs Tatsu Blaze to aim from it fire bubbles to attack, this move also has a chance of trapping a foe in a bubble, which will then shortly after burst, doing even more damage.
- Poison Rain: Sora and Woeflower summon a poisonous rain, the rain will cause on all opponents the same effects as the Mini, Poison, Confuse or Slow spells for a while, while also losing a noticeable amount of health from the rain itself.
- Flame Raid: Sora rides on top of Tyranto Rex and rams on their opponents while also Tyranto Rex fires a breath of fire.
- Ice Raid: Similar to Flame Ride, Sora rides on top of Skelterwild and rams on their opponents while also Skeleterwild fires a breath of ice.
- Tail Groove: Exactly the same as Paw Groove, but with Ducky Goose or Drak Quack instead.
- Aura Raid: Sora rides on top of Aura Lion or Keeba Tiger to fire aura clones that are fire-enhanced of the Dream Eater to attack, Aura Lion can create up to three aura clones at once, while Keeba Tiger only one at a time, however, if another one is made, the first one vanishes, if it's used once more to call another one after reaching the limit, the aura clones vanish shortly after striking an opponent.
- Unwind: Sora jumps into Tubguin Ace's tub and start spinning together with the tub itself to attack by ramming at opponents.
Sora can work alongside two of his Dream Eaters at once to do alongside himself an even stronger special move, the move itself depends on which attributes of the respective participant Dream Eaters are used:
- Whomperstomp: Meow Wow, Flowbermeow, Meowjesty or Catanuki suck in the other ally Dream Eater into their mouth, after which the Dream Eater will grow to very large sizes, after which a far stronger variation of Meow Wounce is performed, creating even bigger light shockwaves and light pillars with each bounce.
- Comet: Sora and two Dream Eaters ride and summon a large fire-enhanced meteor to crash on the opponents
- Unison Rush: Sora glides alongside two Dream Eaters that try to follow his speed behind, then turning into a flying drill of beams that charges on the opponents as much as possible.
- Prism Light: Sora and two Dream Eaters charge a prism with light by firing beams of such at it, after that it will explode, firing homing rainbow-colored beams to attack in all directions.
- Trinity Limit: Unlike the other original variation with Donald and Goofy, Sora and two Dream Eaters charge an orb with light between them, then Sora slashes it, unleashing a wide wave of light magic to all directions to attack.
- Ragnarok: Unlike the original variation with Sora by himself, Sora and two Dream Eaters summon a glyph below themselves, after which they will start spinning towards each other, while doing so they will become covered in light and fire homing beams of light at all directions.
Powerful combination attacks Sora can use when working alongside his friends, they deal immense damage and are extremely helpful in a pinch, but they can only be performed with others and even then only after enough time is spent in combat. Some noteworthy limits include:
- Trinity Limit: A Limit used alongside Donald and Goofy, in which they release two orbs of light that enter Sora's Keyblade. After a series of somersaults, flips, and leaps, Sora then plunges his Keyblade into the ground, engulfing his surroundings in purifying light, dealing massive damage to all foes nearby. In Kingdom Hearts ll, this limit has two forms: One with Sora, Donald, and Goofy. And one with Sora by himself.
- Team Version: The team version is where Sora, Donald, and Goofy are present. Here they can perform three attacks:
- Major Drive: Sora and Donald support Goofy into using his shield to fire a large amount of Drive Orbs to the opponents at once.
- Ultima: Sora and Goofy support Donald in summoning a barrage of firework explosions around themselves.
- Break: Donald and Goofy support Sora slashing opponents on the air together.
- Trinity Light: After the trio has done their attacks, they then stand in a triangle formation and all raise their weapons in the air where they summon a surge of powerful energy that attracts and damages noticeably the opponents caught in it.
- Solo Version: The solo version of the limit is where Sora performs the break attack by himself, dealing 10 hits with the first 9 building up to the 10th and final attack that deals higher damage.
- Team Version: The team version is where Sora, Donald, and Goofy are present. Here they can perform three attacks:
- Eternal Session: A Limit used alongside Riku. The attack begins with Session, in which Sora and Riku perform a rapid flurry of Keyblade strikes. Afterward, they then stab foes as part of the Last Saber attack and blast them with dark orbs as part of the Dark Cannon attack. In the next phase of the attack, they turn their backs to one another and attack with Master Hearts, coating their Keyblades in energy while rapidly slashing at anyone nearby and XIII Blades, summoning thirteen magic swords around them while spinning around like buzzsaws, tearing apart their enemies while remaining on the move. Finally, they end the attack with All's End, tossing their Keyblades on either side of their foes which proceed to release a barrage of Light Energy and Dark Energy blasts, dealing massive damage in the process.
- Fantasia: Donald floats on the air, creating firework explosions (Comet), helping Sora stunning opponents, after a while, Donald will finish it using Comet Rain, which involves a barrage of fireworks explosions across a wide space around him.
- Flare Force: Donald rides Sora's back, at which he constantly summons homing firework rockets to the opponents, which explode on impact, after a while, Donald finishes it with Megaduck Flare, firing constantly homing rockets to the opponents, leaving them stunned enought for Sora to help by attacking them. Alternatively, Donald can teleport to the side of Sora to then summon quickly homing rockets to the opponents.
- Donald Meteor: Alongside Donald summons a barrage of meteors to attack.
- Tornado Fusion: Sora and Goofy spin around together, dealing damage to enemies on their path.
- Teamwork: Sora and Goofy throw their weapons together, turning into a pair of light-bladed saws in the process, at the end of it, Sora lifts Goofy and then Goofy goes flying, charging to the opponents on his path, which he can also aim.
- Goofy Bombardier: Sora and Goofy jump upwards together, then Sora grabs Goofy and throws him downwards, creating an explosion on impact.
- Trinity Guard: Sora and Donald support Goofy in striking opponents with his fire-enhanced shield by charging at opponents.
- Howling Moon: Sora and Beast do shockwaves together, finishing with a howl that creates pillars of light around themselves.
- Overdrive: Sora and Auron slash at opponents on the air, finishing with each other using their own swords together to create a wide tornado.
- Dragonblaze: Sora, Mulan and Mushu charge at opponents with fire, finishing with Mushu firing balls of fire that land on the opponents, creating a burst of fire.
- Trick Fantasy: Sora and Aladdin slash at opponents together in quick combinations, finishing with them jumping from each other on the air to slash even more the opponents.
- Applause, Applause: Sora and Jack Skellington spin together in a dancing fashion, sending energy balls alongside ghosts and bats to attack, finishing with powerful ghosts and bats surround the duo, as Jack sends Sora flying into the air, releasing sparklers when he lands.
- Treasure Isle: Jack Sparrow summons a chest which Sora opens, of which a magnetic white orb comes out, pulling in enemies for Sora and Jack to easily hit, finishing with Jack inserting a bomb in the chest as Sora closes it, closing opponents within the explosion for a noticeable amount of damage.
- Never Fear: An alternate team attack alongside Jack Sparrow, which allows Sora and Jack to slash opponents by spinning while floating on the air, finishing with Jack dropping upwards a lot of bombs, which both strike outwards to hit as many opponents as possible with their explosions.
- King's Pride: Sora (In Pride Lands form, a lion) and Simba spin together to attack enemies and charge on the air towards them, finishing with both of them doing a roar that also extends light pillars around them.
- Complete Compilement: Sora and Tron summon a disk platform with keyboards which they ride, doing system commands to summon blocks to attack or electric shockwaves, finishing by summoning a homing variant of the blocks, spinning violently at targets for a while.
- Neverland: Sora and Peter Pan slash together at enemies while remembering their past adventures.
- Ohana!: Sora breaks the fourth wall by entering the in-game HUD alongside Stitch to strike opponents from there.
- FPS Mode: Sora and Chicken Little toss balls and firecrackers at the opponents.
- Sonic Rave, Strike Judgement, Final Arcana, Infinity: Thanks to Genie's Drive Forms copying the limits of Sora's Limit Form, together they can do variations from the original moves, constantly using bursts of magic to attack.
- Heroic Swing: Hercules grabs Sora from his feet and spins, creating a vortex of air while Sora also slashes opponents on their path, finishing by Hercules tossing Sora upwards, after which Sora does an explosion after landing just like Goofy Bombardier.
- Rocket Ruckus: Sora, Woody and Buzz ride a rocket, which they use to charge constantly on the opponents, finishing by letting it go crash and explode on an opponent after jumping off from it.
- Tangled Twist: Sora, Donald, and Goofy are grabbed by Rapunzel's hair, which she alongside Flynn use to then toss them upwards, each one of them (Sora, Donald and Goofy) creating an explosion on impact.
- Scream Strike: Sora, Donald and Goofy team up with Sulley and Mike to do a wide roar that damages enemies, then Sora grabs Mike and throws him, sending him spinning to dash on opponents.
- Mighty Avalanche: Sora rides Marshmallow, letting him claw at opponents and summon sharp ice from the floor to attack.
- Interceptor Wing: Sora rides Baymax, striking enemies by either Sora using his Keyblade to fire magic projectiles or going close combat with Baymax, finishing with Baymax charging at the opponents quickly 3 times.
Sora's clothes can channel the power of his heart and amp his powers and abilities in different ways. The Drive forms also bring his health and mana back up to 100%, which can save him in certain critical times.
- Valor Form: A form that represents Sora's strength and courage, turning his clothes red and black upon activation. This form seals his ability to use magic but gives him an extra Keyblade to fight with and drastically increases his power and speed, effectively doubling the amount of damage he can deal in close combat. Consumes three of Sora's Drive bars.
- Wisdom Form: A form that represents Sora's skill with magic, turning his clothes blue and black. This form lowers his physical strength but drastically increases the power of his magic in addition to allowing him to fire energy blasts and glide along the floor at high speeds. Also consumes three of Sora's Drive bars.
- Master Form: A form that represents Sora's prowess in both physical and magical combat, turning his clothes yellow and black. This form combines the strengths of both Valor and Wisdom Form, allowing him to dual wield Keyblades, increasing his strength and speed, while also increasing the power of his magic. Consumes four of Sora's Drive bars.
- Final Form: Sora's ultimate Drive Form, representing Sora's completion after fully merging with Roxas, turning his clothes white and black. His powers dramatically increase in every regard, allowing him to telekinetically control two Keyblades at once, drastically increasing his strength, speed, and magical prowess, and even allowing him to fly. Also, his Keyblades will automatically seek out and attack foes who approach Sora, allowing him to remain on the offensive as he dodges his foe's attacks. Consumes five whole Drive bars.
- Anti Form: A Drive Form that allows Sora to access augmented powers of his Heartless transformation. He loses his Keyblade and is cloaked in darkness while in this form. His attacks are feral and extremely quick, but somewhat weaker than normal. However, his Keyblade, magic, and items are sealed while using this form. He generally does not enter this form willingly and usually does so by accident while attempting to activate another Drive Form.
- Limit Form: A Drive Form that gives Sora access to the abilities that he lost during his time in Castle Oblivion, allowing him to access powerful attacks like Ars Arcanum and Ragnarok at will. It also uses neither of the team members and consumes four of Sora's Drive Bars.
While Sora in-game needs Donald and/or Goofy to access any Drive Form but Limit Form, this is a game mechanic for multiple reasons, among them Sora being able to stay in one during a cutscene with Donald and Goofy still being around, but most notably the first cutscene when they are introduced, Goofy is still around even after Sora uses Valor Form (Which Goofy is needed for per the Game Mechanics themselves).
An ability Sora has gained that allows him to change form and/or his Keyblade depending on its Keychain. Each form Sora takes emphasizes the abilities associated with it, as well as granting him new ways to combat his enemies through the forms his Keyblade changes into by charging his Keyblade by landing attacks on opponents.
- Second Form: A form that allows Sora to utilize abilities he previously used in his previous adventures (KHI and KHII, similarly to the past Limit Form), and transforms his clothing to that of his Kingdom Hearts II outfit. All formchanges of this sort enhance magic recovery, Treasure Magnet and the amount of items enemies may drop when defeated.
- Formchanges of this family: Second Form (Kingdom Key Keychain, enhances Treasure Magnet), Second Form S (Starlight Keychain, enhances Magic recovery), Second Form M (Midnight Blue Keychain, enhances Blizzard magic), Second Form P (Phantom Green Keychain, enhances Thunder magic), and Second Form D (Dawn Till Dusk Keychain, enhances Fire magic).
- It's to be noted that beyond passive abilities, only Second Form S is actually different in the moveset in the third potential Ultimate Finisher (First two being Stun Impact then Sonic Blade), holding Ancient Light (Which involves Sora creating five columns of crisscrossing light around himself, after reaching him, they fuse into an attractional orb of a similar fashion to Zero Graviza (but wider) to strike the opponents with Keyblades that go into the epicenter (Which Sora absorbs)), instead of Ars Arcanum.
- Shotlocks: King of Hearts (All of the above but Starlight, fires a burst of homing magical projectiles), Ragnarok (All of the above but Starlight. fires homing streams of light), Blades of the Round (Starlight-only, fires homing spinning blades of light), Union Ragnarok (Starlight-only, exactly like Ragnarok, but the streams are blue instead of white)
- Guardian Form: Emphasizes Sora's defensive abilities and techniques. It changes his outfit to that of a yellow color. All Formchanges of this sort enhance the Defender ability (Which allows to get noticeably less damage when low on health) and the ability to perform a forcefield around Sora when guarding for defensive purposes.
- Formchanges of this family:
- Counter Shield (Hero's Origin Keychain, grants/enhances the Defender ability): Allows Sora to turn his Keyblade into a shield, which can also be used offensively, the Ultimate Finisher involves Sora transforming his shield into a chariot pulled by Pegasus himself, allowing Sora to roam around in the air while riding it, striking opponents with Thunder magic for a while.
- Shotlocks: Drain Shock (Sora steals health from the foes by forcing them with magic to drop homing healing beams to Sora, also restoring some of his own health in the process), Atomic Deluge (Summons a meteor which Sora blocks with the shield, creating a lot of sparks that damage surrounding foes).
- Hunny Blasters, Hunny Launcher (Hunny Spout Keychain, enhances the ability to gather food from the surroundings): Allows Sora to turn his Keyblade into twin arrowguns and assail enemies with homing honey projectiles (Hunny Blasters), then into a cannon to fire honey orbs at enemies, the Ultimate Finisher involves Sora firing a big bee made of honey from his cannon (Hunny Launcher-only), which then explodes into a lot of honey on impact.
- Shotlocks: Hunny Burst (Fires a burst of homing honey projectiles), Hunny Drizzle (Sora jumps above the opponent(s) and then fires hunny to them while spinning downwards, Hunny Blasters-only), Sweet Surprise (Launches a giant glob of honey that splits into many smaller homing honey projectiles).
- Boom Hammer, Clock Drill (Classic Tone Keychain, enhances Magic recovery): Allows Sora to turn his Keyblade into a rocket-enhanced hammer (Boom Hammer), then into a drill (Clock Drill), the Ultimate Finisher involves Sora summoning a clock on the ground and inserts the drill into it, spinning the clock hands to 12:00 and then damaging any enemies caught in the clock.
- Shotlocks: Phantom Rush (Sora creates avatars that charge at targets repeatedly), Noise Flux (Sora warps around and flies at targets repeatedly by piercing them with his drill, constantly crossing portals).
- Strike Form: Emphasizes Sora's physical techniques. Changes his outfit to a red color, similar to his Valor Drive Form. All formchanges of this sort allow Sora to immediately use the Combo Finisher after a single attack or more.
- Formchanges of this family:
- Hyper Hammer, Drill Punch (Favorite Deputy, enhances the number of items an enemy may drop when defeated): Very similarly to Boom Hammer (Regarding Hyper Hammer), Classic Drill (Regarding Drill Punch) and even its Shotlocks (Ghost Horde to Phantom Rush and Drill Dive to Noise Flux), in usability, it makes itself different for focusing more on offensive tactics as it's far faster when attacking, but in exchange, Sora lasts noticeably longer to be able to cancel to defend himself, the Ultimate Finisher involves Sora turning the drill into a claw, of which a whip extends, grabbing a foe to then constantly slam it on the floor.
- Agile Claws, Twin Yo-Yos (Happy Gear Keychain, enhances the power of the first use of Magic after a recharge and the quality of Drive Orbs dropped by opponents when defeated(If any)): Turns the Keyblade into a pair of claws that attach to his arms (Agile Claws), then into Yo-Yos with saw properties (Twin Yo-Yos), the Ultimate Finisher involves Sora expanding his Yo-Yos to rotate onto each other, creating a vortex of air that sucks then shreds the opponents caught by it.
- Shotlocks: Snakebite (Fires a burst of homing snake-like projectiles made of plasma), Warp Trick (Summons a bunch of portals around the opponents, which then spawns beams to attack them).
- Highwind, Storm Flag (Wheel of Fate Keychain, enhances Water magic): Sora turns his Keyblade into a lance (Highwind), then into a long flag (Storm Flag), attacking opponents with slashes of light and air. The Ultimate Finisher involves Sora piercing the floor with his flag, then tentacles appear around him, attacking all opponents nearby.
- Shotlocks: Blade Storm (Fires a series of homing spinning wind blades toward targets), Flag Rampage (Sora does a lot of slashes with the Keyblade in Storm Flag form, slashing targets repeatedly with blades of wind in the process).
- Element Form: Emphasizes Sora's magical abilities and long-range techniques. Changes his outfit to a blue color, similar to his Wisdom Drive Form. All formchanges of this sort enhance magic recovery and the power of magic spells.
- Formchanges of this family:
- Double Arrowguns, Magic Launcher (Shooting Star Keychain, enhances Treasure Magnet by a very noticeable degree): Being the closest Formchange to the past Wisdom Form and very similar to Hunny Blasters (Regarding Double Arrowguns), Hunny Launcher (Regarding Magic Launcher) and even its shotlocks (Meteor Shower to Hunny Burst, Diving Barrage to Hunny Drizzle and Cluster Cannonade to Sweet Surprise), in usability it makes itself different for focusing more on abusing magic techniques, exchanging the potential of reducing the opponents' speed with honey for faster and attacks that have better homing properties, the Ultimate Finisher involves Sora using his cannon to fire a big orb of magic, which on impact does a wide explosion.
- Mirage Staff (Ever After Keychain, enhances Aero magic and the ability to automatically become invulnerable while casting Cure magic): Turns the Keyblade into an staff, which is used to attack using light magic, Sora can also create up to 4 light-based replicas of himself when dodging to then fire alongside them bursts of light magic at targets, which also charge the Formchange gauge quickly, allowing Sora to get access to other Formchanges quickly by switching Keychain, the Ultimate Finisher involves Sora summoning a long castle right below himself, which rotates upwards as it's being made, after which Sora, alongside two light-based replicas of himself, emit light magic from the top, emitting beams of light magic that rotate around Sora's surroundings.
- Shotlocks: Shimmering Drops (Just like the first shotlock of the Hero's Origin Keychain, Sora forces the opponents to drop health beams to himself, also healing him in the process), Spectral Rays (Sora creates light reflectors around himself, which then constantly redirect light beams that then bounce into the direction of the opponents, also holding homing properties).
- Blitz Form: Emphasizes Sora's speed and movement. He changes his outfit to a green color. All formchanges of this sort grant Sora the ability to recover health and magic by walking or running and allow him to recover magic faster when it runs out.
- Formchanges of this family:
- Frying Pan (Grand Chef Keychain, enhances cooking ability and grants the ability to potentially recover health while casting any magic spell, in proportion to the magic spent): Very similar to the Counter Shield Formchange, in usability it focuses less in defensive and more into offensive, but balanced between physical attacks and magic, attacking with fire-based moves instead of electric-based ones, its Ultimate Finisher involves Sora turning his shield into a big frying pan, which he then slams on the floor while it is covered in flames.
- Shotlocks: Steam Spiral (Fires homing fireworks to opponents), Fruit Crusher (Summons a bunch of big fruits that fall on Sora's shield, which then are shredded to fall on surrounding opponents to damage them (Similarly to Atomic Deluge).
- Nano Arms (Nano Gear Keychain, grants resistance to becoming stunned): Sora's Keyblade turns briefly into a rocket which he rides, does two rotations on the air with it and then it transforms back into a sword of a different shape from the base form. Unlike other Formchanges, it constantly transforms into different things for Sora to attack with, a bladed Yo-Yo form to get close to the opponent by Sora pulling the string to pull himself to it (which can also be two instead to just slash in a rotational motion around Sora while being in the air), a hammer to slam on the ground that also creates a shockwave when landing, a drill to pierce enemies on the air and as the combo finisher a homing rocket punch that explodes on impact, Sora also gets claws on his arms to attack while dodging and can make a forcefield while blocking attacks, the Ultimate Finisher involves Sora summoning and entering a portal, of which a bunch more appear, together forming a spherical form, constantly expanding and retracting from them piercing black block-like streams, after that, another portal appears where Sora comes back.
- Shotlocks: Cubic Stream (Sends homing black block-like streams), Zone Connector (Quickly creates portals around an opponent, which then emit black block-like sticks that quickly expand to pierce the targets.
- Blizzard Claws, Blizzard Blades (Crystal Snow Keychain, grants a resistance to being frozen and enhances Blizzard magic): Blizzard Claws is very similar to the Agile Claws Formchange, but with the attacks enhanced by ice magic, Blizzard Blades, however, turns Sora's claws into blades on his hands and feet, which allows him to do very quick slashes enhanced by ice magic to the opponents. The Ultimate Finisher involves Sora tapping with one of his foots the floor, creating from there a big sharp structure of ice, which Sora quickly climbs and shatters, damaging all opponents nearby.
- Shotlocks: Diamond Dust (Sora fires homing spinning blades of ice to opponents), Frozen Crescents (Slashes at targets repeatedly with blades of ice).
- Rage Form: A dark form Sora takes up that shrouds his entire being in darkness. It is reminiscent of that of his Anti Drive form but is activated when Sora is under a state of rampage fueled by anger. Unlike Anti-form, this form allows Sora to retain the use of his Keyblade. Additionally, Sora can also increase the force behind his attacks through an ability called "Riskcharge", though this causes damage to his being in turn, the Ultimate Finisher involves Sora covering his surroundings of darkness, after which he creates three orbs of darkness and spins alongside them, firing beams of magic at the opponents. Unlike other forms, this form has no Shotlock and also disables his use of conventional magic techniques and summoning while in use, and after being used it can't be canceled until it wears off or the Ultimate Finisher is used.
- Ultimate Form: A special form Sora can take with the Ultima Weapon Keychain. Reminiscent of his Final Form, Sora can overwhelm his opponents with constant attacks of fast and powerful swipes of countless blades enhanced by the light that also possesses great range, in its Ultimate Finisher, Sora quickly summons a circle-shaped glyph above himself, which then constantly emits giant light-enhanced blades which Sora reflects from himself to hit all his surroundings, after which large pillars of light come from the borders of the glyph, quickly rotating and doing damage to all opponents on a very wide area until they vanish.
- Shotlock: Infinity Circle (Unlike other Shotlocks, Sora has to keep an eye on his target for a brief moment to use it (As it has no second shotlock available when not charged), after which Sora summons glyphs around himself after doing a quick jump then stands still on the air, then charges magical energy onto himself and fires it from his chest, devastating the surrounding area with an extremely wide wave of light magic).
- Light Form: Another form Sora can access with the Oathkeeper Keychain, this form greatly enhances Sora's light-based abilities, allowing to constantly strike opponents and dodge with light-based techniques.
- Dark Form: Another form Sora can access with the Oblivion Keychain, this form grants Sora a noticeable ammount of darkness-based abilities, allowing to constantly strike opponents and dodge with dark-based techniques similarly to the before-mentioned Light Form.
- Double Form: The secondary Formchange of Oathkeeper and Oblivion, this form allows Sora to do techniques with a perfect balance of light and darkness while holding the respective Keychains in two Keyblades (Oathkeeper and Oblivion), the fighting style of this formchange is pretty similar to Roxas'.
- Shotlocks: Sunray Blast (Oathkeeper, sends homing spinning blades of light to targets), Bladefury Eclipse (Oblivion, sends homing spinning blades of darkness to targets), Stellar Inception (Oathkeeper and Oblivion, Sora turns the place below him into resembling a miniature galaxy that can harm foes on contact, then fires from it multiple homing star shaped projectiles to opponents)
Sora has unique cards obtained from the past opponents he has fought, granting the following abilities to him that are useful outside the mechanics of Castle Oblivion, all of which only work for a few moments and are to be activated manually by Sora to take effect, the cards can't be stacked (If Sora tries to use another card of this sort, the new one will replace the one he already had):
- Large Body: Allows Sora to passively deflect conventional frontal attacks without taking damage.
- Fat Bandit: Allows Sora to deal more damage to opponents attacked from behind at the first moments of a fight.
- Bandit: Turns the first attack performed in a fight more powerful.
- Red Nocturne: Turns the power of Fire-based abilities more powerful.
- Blue Rhapsody: Turns the power of Ice-based abilities more powerful.
- Yellow Opera: Turns the power of Lightning-based abilities more powerful.
- Green Requiem: Enhances healing.
- Air Pirate: Prevents Power Nullification on the usage of items and also grants Invulnerability while using such.
- Gargoyle: Casts Vanish on Sora right at the start of the fight, turning him very transparent to the point he is not easy to be seen.
- Search Ghost: Sora will heal from each successful attack by draining the health of the opponent.
- Creeper Plant: Prevents Power Nullification on the usage of healing spells and also grants Invulnerability while performing such, similarly to Air Pirate.
- Neoshadow: Causes the opponents of Sora to eventually lose health.
- Darkball: Prevents Sora from being victim of Information Analysis.
- Jafar: Prevents Power Nullification on the usage of physical attacks and also grants Invulnerability while performing such, similarly to Air Pirate.
- Ursula: Halves damage taken from up to 5 magical attacks.
- Oogie Boogie: Allows Sora to passively recover health, also allowing for his Second Chance and Once More abilities working far more effectively if needed.
- Parasite Cage: Allows Sora to nullify a single attack, has to be manually used and can only be used once, fails if the target didn't perform an attack yet, to begin with.
- Darkside: Allows Sora to copy permanently a passive ability/skill of the target, fails if the target hasn't used one yet, to begin with, this card can only be used once.
- Ansem: Enhances resistance to Information Analysis and also enhances resistance to Ice Manipulation, Fire Manipulation and Electricity Manipulation.
- Xemnas: Allows Sora to quickly protect himself with his Keyblade while being comboed after the second consecutive hit landed on him.
- Xigbar: Enhances the power of ranged attacks and resistance to ice, electrical, fire and physical attacks.
- Xaldin: Casts Aero on Sora, covering him in a whirlwind of air that increases durability and harms opponents that get too close, the spell vanishes after Sora takes three hits.
- Vexen: Grants an extreme resistance to ice, a weakness to fire and automatically revives Sora back from being defeated should that happen, the last-mentioned effect only works once.
- Lexaeus: Greatly enhances the power of a combo finisher, also granting an extreme resistance to ice and enhances resistance to physical attacks, but also grants a weakness to magical attacks, can be used after being activated up to 50 times.
- Zexion: All of Sora's attacks may confuse the opponent, turning the inflicted ones with this status to attack their own allies (If any), otherwise just trying to attack without aiming properly for a while, also enhancing resistance to fire, ice, electric and magical attacks, can be used after being activated up to 50 attacks.
- Saïx: Enhances the power of chained attacks (combos), while also enhancing resistances to fire, ice, electric and magical attacks, can be used after being activated up to 20 attacks.
- Axel: Prevents flinching from damage (unless the attack received is ice or water-based), also grants an extreme resistance to fire, can be used after being activated up to 10 times.
- Demyx: Drastically boosts the power of Ice Manipulation and Water Manipulation, also granting an extreme resistance to such and enhancing magical and electric resistances.
- Luxord: Allows Sora to nullify the move an opponent is doing by using any move that involves cards (See Keyblade Techniques, Magic and Summons), can be used after being activated up to 15 times.
- Marluxia: Allows Sora to use an special technique twice in a row without having to use even more cards for such (Can be used up to three times), also enhances resistance to fire, ice, electric and magical attacks, but also grants a weakness to physical attacks.
- Larxene: Increases Sora's movement speed and grants an extreme resistance to Electricity Manipulation, but also a weakness to magical attacks.
- Roxas: Doubles the power of all of Sora's offensive moves, can be used after being activated on up to 20 attacks.
- Riku Replica: Allows Sora to reload back on his deck cards lost by using sleights.
- Gold Card: Allows Sora to restore Premium Cards (special variations of regular cards that take less space on deck in exchange for normally only being usable once) back on his deck after use.
While exploring the Sleeping Worlds, Sora gained the ability to utilize Flowmotion to freely use the environment to his advantage, allowing him to easily leap off walls, grind rails, leap to great heights, and move in other unconventional ways to catch their foes off guard and dodge attacks, all while being covered in a pink (blue in KHIII) aura.
- Wall Kick: The most basic technique to perform other Flowmotion moves, Sora can jump from walls to travel faster, he can also aim directly to a target to fly to it quickly.
- Shock Dive: Sora goes down to the floor and emits from his Keyblade a wide shockwave.
- Kick Dive: While performing a Wall Kick, Sora can perform this move, rotating constantly on the air to then finish it off by drilling downwards (KH3D) or just a simple dual fast Keyblade attack (KHIII).
- Buzz Saw: Sora spins around his opponent, the aura he emits restrains the opponent while being done, after which Sora can either fly out to do another Flowmotion technique, send the restrained opponent flying if it's too big (Blow-off), or perform a spinning attack that harms all surrounding opponents (Including the restrained one).
- Wheel Rush: Sora jumps from a cylindrical large vertical thing he has held to, then either pierce the opponent with his Keyblade (KH3D) or performs a spinning attack very similarly to Buzz Saw (KHIII).
- Sliding Dive: While sliding with Flowmotion, Sora can teleport from there to then quickly slash an opponent from behind.
A technique that allows Sora to summon with his Keyblade attractions as the name implies, which has the following variations:
- Pirate Ship: Sora summons a big Pirate Ship. While it won't move from where it was originally summoned, it can still rotate to tackle stuff in its path, while also constantly shooting homing water to its opponents.
- Mad Tea Cups: Sora summons teacups of his own size (One for himself, and two more for Donald and Goofy, three in total), which are then used to constantly tackle enemies on their path, finishing with the trie rotating onto each other, creating a lot of sparkles in the process to damage as many enemies as possible.
- Blaster Blaze: Sora summons a mecha which he, Donald and Goofy (If available) enter quickly, then is used to shoot blasts of energy at the opponents.
- Splash Run: Sora summons a round boat alongside Donald and Goofy (If available), which is used to ram on opponents as much as possible, leaving a trail of water that stays right where it has passed. At the end of it, it goes back until where it started, leaving a big splash that damages opponents.
- Magic Carousel: Sora summons a carousel, which he, Donald and Goofy (If available) ride along, constantly leaving sound waves around itself to catch opponents to then leave them helpless telekinetically by forcing them being hit constantly by even more sound waves.
- Big Magic Mountain: Sora summons a flying roller coaster, which he, Donald and Goofy (If available) ride along, shooting blasts of light to anything on their path constantly, with the finishing move being an even wider explosion of light magic.
Sora can also equip a variety of passive abilities to increase his overall fighting capabilities and provide additional protection during combat.
- Bind Block: Sora is protected from abilities that would root him in place, such as the Bind spell.
- Blindness Block: Sora is protected from abilities that would take away his ability to see, such as the Blind spell.
- Blizzard Screen: Sora has increased resistance against ice-based attacks.
- Confusion Block: Sora is protected from abilities that would render him delirious and confused, such as the Confuse spell.
- Damage Syphon: Sora can refill his Link Gauges as he takes damage, allowing him to use more special attacks with his Spirit allies.
- Dark Screen: Sora has increased resistance against dark-based attacks.
- Defender: Sora's defense increases as he becomes more and more injured.
- Fire Screen: Sora has increased resistance against fire-based attacks.
- Leaf Bracer: Sora is protected from all sources of damage (Invulnerability) while he's using one of the restorative Cure spells, such as Cure, Cura, and Curaga.
- Light Screen: Sora has increased resistance against light-based attacks.
- Mini Block: Sora is protected from abilities that would forcibly shrink him against his consent, such as the Mini spell.
- MP Rage: A portion of the damage Sora takes will be converted into MP, allowing him to cast more magic.
- Once More: Sora cannot be killed by a combo for as long as he was not already on his last legs before taking an attack, instead of being left critically injured but still able to fight and defend himself.
- Poison Block: Sora is protected from abilities that would poison him like the Poison spell.
- Second Chance: Sora will survive any attack that would otherwise kill him unless he is already on the verge of death before taking the attack.
- Scan: Sora can gauge the overall remaining fighting strength and health of his opponents.
- Sleep Block: Sora is protected from abilities that would put him to sleep against his consent, such as the Sleep spell.
- Slow Block: Sora is protected from time-slowing abilities such as the Slow spell.
- Stop Block: Sora is protected from the effects of time-freezing abilities like the Stop spell.
- Thunder Screen: Sora has increased resistance against electricity-based attacks.
- Waking Dream: Sora's Spirits will be able to survive attacks that would otherwise kill them for as long as they are not already on the verge of death.
- Water Screen: Sora has increased resistance against water-based attacks.
- Superglide: Sora can glide in the air at high speeds.
- Mobile Action: Sora can perform spells and use items while moving, useful for defensive tactics.
- Dodge Roll: Sora can perform a special somersault that allows him to dodge attacks, while being performed Sora has a degree of invulnerability.
- Slide Roll: A stronger variation of Dodge Roll, which also allows Sora to emit sparkles around himself to harm enemies on his way.
- Air Slide: Sora can dash on the air while also harming opponents on the way, useful for dodging while on the air, Sora can also go to a wall while performing this technique to perform Flowmotion techniques, Sora can use Air Slide up to 3 times consecutively.
- Sliding Sidewinder: Sora can cancel an Air Slide to perform a spinning attack.
- Aerial Recovery: If Sora is sent flying from an opposing attack taken, Sora can cancel momentum with this technique to avoid vulnerability.
- Payback Strike: After an Aerial Recovery, Sora can do a flurry of physical blows to attack his target.
- Block: Sora puts his Keyblade in front of himself to block attacks.
- Counter Slash: If Sora manages to block a physical attack, Sora can do a quick slash.
- Counter Impact: If surrounded after managing to block a physical attack, Sora does a spinning attack
- Counter Kick: If Sora manages to block a physical attack on the air, Sora goes to the target with a kick while being covered in magic that covers all of his body in drilling beams of light.
- While in-game only one of the three Counter abilities can be equipped at once, that's Game Mechanics.
- Final Blow: After performing one of the Counter moves, Sora can teleport back to the target that has been sent flying to keep comboing it.
- Risk Dodge: Should Sora's Block be broken, Sora can immediately dodge instead and perform a single Strike Raid to the opponent.
- Doubleflight: Sora can jump in the air.
- Aerial Dodge: Sora can do a spinning jump on the air that reflects projectiles, or alternatively perform a variation of Air Dash that leaves him with less vulnerability thanks to it lasting less time in exchange of potential distance to travel, which also reflects projectiles too.
- Top Condition: Sora starts every fight with health at peak (Cuisine-only).
Key: Up to Dream Drop Distance | Kingdom Hearts III
Note 2: Despite the number of powers and abilities shown here, Sora doesn't have all of this at one time as he has different abilities depending which version of him from the games you are using him as.
For example, Sora in KH1, Chain of Memories, and Dream Drop Distance had the elemental spells, time stop, and gravity manipulation spell, but did not have the Drive Forms and Reflect spell that he had from KH2. The same way can be said for KH2 Sora; he has the Drive Forms and Reflega spell and still retained most of the elemental spells (except for Aeroga) but not the time stop and gravity spell he had from the other games.
Another example is the Flowmotion ability that he and Riku had learned in DDD. While they displayed the ability to use Flowmotion (with Sora showcasing some of it again in Kingdom Hearts III) in that game, Sora, and by extension Riku, never displayed the ability in previous games before Dream Drop Distance.
Thus when using Sora in a VS thread, and unless it is a composite of Sora from all of the games (meaning he can use all his spells that he has displayed thus far like Stopga, Reflega, the Drive Forms/Formchanges, etc.), it is important that you note of which Sora you are using in VS threads as it makes a big difference on whoever he is up against.