For detailed information about the series, Visit the Sonic News Network.
- 1 Summary
- 2 Power of the Verse
- 3 Supporters/Opponents/Neutral
- 4 Continuity
- 5 Other Continuities
- 6 Gallery
Sonic the Hedgehog is a video game franchise created and owned by Sega. The franchise centers on a series of speed-based platform games, but several are spin-offs in different genres. The protagonist of the series is an anthropomorphic blue hedgehog named Sonic, whose peaceful life is often interrupted by the series's main antagonist, Doctor Eggman. Typically, Sonic—usually along with some of his friends, such as Tails, Amy, and Knuckles—must stop Eggman and foil any plans of world domination. The first game in the series, published in 1991, was conceived by Sega's Sonic Team division after Sega requested a mascot character; the title was a success and spawned sequels, and transformed Sega into a leading video game company during the 16-bit era in the early to mid-1990s.
The Sonic Universe has a very rich history. The main character is Sonic the Hedgehog and his usual adventure is stopping Doctor Eggman from taking over the world up to the universe. It also has a very, very large cast, with some characters getting more focus than others. Overall, Sonic is a popular universe.
In fact, the universe's history is very expandable to a point of having a rather spontaneous continuity. For this reason, we have divided the Sonic Universe timeline into multiple "eras".
Power of the Verse
The Sonicverse's power has a very wide range, ranging from Wall level for much of the fodder Badniks to Large Planet level for the Cast, with many of the Super forms and final bosses being at least Multi-Solar System level. In addition, it has several Universal+ to Low Multiversal threats in the forms of Alf-Layla-wa-Layla, Time Eater, Egg Salamander, the Egg Wizard with the Power of the Stars, and Solaris in game canon, who have great destructive powers and hax. Here are the explanations about the feats, powerscaling and stats of all the characters of the verse.
This verse also has many hax powers within it, such as Sonic and Shadow using an ability called Chaos Control which can be used to freeze time or teleport, every skilled Chaos Emerald user like Blaze being able to seal away opponents like Iblis, Emerl and Metal Sonic being able to copy an opponent's abilities, Time Eater being able to slow down or travel through time and Alf Layla wa-Layla and Darkspine Sonic are capable of reality warping with a wave of the hand. Color Powers (which most characters can use) can grant several abilities, such as intangibility, void manipulation, and absorption. The verse also has a powerful level of technology capable of Planet level to Multi-Solar System level busting destruction.
Many of the Gameverse's alternative continuities also vary widely in power, such as IDW Sonic and others being Multi-City Block level+, their Boom counterparts being Town level, their Fleetway incarnations being Island level with Large Planet level and Low Multiversal Super Forms, and so on.
Another popular alternative canon with its own separate page is the Archie Universe, which has vastly different stories, many characters not yet seen within the games, and is far above the Game Continuity in terms of both power and hax.
- Professor Voodoo
- Serpent of the Internet 97
- The real cal howard
- Luigi The Thunder Master
Rocks of Power
Feats of The Verse
- Eggman destroys a wall (468 Kilojoules, 9-B)
- A Badnik breaks a wall (.002 Tons, 9-B)
- Sonic breaks the chain links to Little Planet (3.282 Teratons, Low 6-B)
- The Eclipse Cannon blasts Central City (28 Teratons, 6-B)
- The Chaos Energy Cannon shatters the Earth (7.2 Yottatons, 5-A)
- A Chaos Emerald shifts a continent (81.2795166 Yottatons, 5-A)
- The Eclipse Cannon can pierce the stars (3.736 Ninatons, 5-A)
- The Indigo Asteroid creates a black hole made of Hyper-Go-On (7.072 Ninatons, 5-A)
- The Nega Wisps creates a black hole made of Hyper-Go-On (18.08 Foe, High 4-C+)
- Final Egg Blaster destroys a constellation (465.3646309438 ExaFoe, 4-A)
- Laser feats throughout the Sonic series (Relativistic to FTL)
- Classic Sonic moves faster than lasers (5.64c and 7.79c, FTL)
- Super Sonic flies past stars (38,555c, MFTL+)
- Super Sonic flies to the Nonaggression Zone (7.068751424 Billion c, MFTL+)
- Final Egg Blaster attack speed (58.21674773 Billion c, MFTL+)
- Babylon Garden takes flight (212.15 Billion c, MFTL+)
- Dodon Pa's Rocket Speed (2.445661765 Quadrillion c, MFTL+)
- Time Eater's AOE attack at Green Hill (4.89132353 Quadrillion c, MFTL+)
- The Base Cast do scale to the Babylon Garden but its consider an Outlier
Lifting Strength Feats
- Sonic pushes the Egg Golem (4,389,102.97647 kg, Class M)
- These calcs at the end of the day are for show. Dr. Eggman consistently tank explosions from his mechs that consistently withstand hits from Sonic till he breaks them. Withstanding the force of those explosions that would rip apart those mechs would make Dr. Eggman scale to Sonic in some way.
The Sonic OVA is a two-episode 1996 Japanese anime OVA series based on Sega's best-selling franchise, Sonic the Hedgehog. The series was licensed by ADV Films and was released on September 7, 1999, as a single direct-to-video film in North America as Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie.
Power of the Verse
The OVA's power ranges from Street level for the humans to Small City level+ for Sonic and friends and machines, with speed reaching Massively Hypersonic.
The verse is more technique based with its haxes. Notably, all the characters are able to fly in one form or another.
Calcs of Other Continuities
- Sonic drills to the other side of Mobius (4.250273701% SoL, Sub-Relativistic) (AoSTH)
Lifting Strength Feats
- Robotnik, Scratch and Grounder tanks a stone weight (15.259013 Megajoules, 9-B) (AoSTH)
- Scratch and Grounder tank a fall (2.9902 tons, High 8-C) (AoSTH)
- Robotnik's prison explodes (6.5518 tons, High 8-C) (AoSTH)
Lifting Strength Feats
- Chris lifts the chains off (25,852.013 kg, Class 50) (Sonic X)
- Sonic knocks out power in the entire Pacific Northwest (267.92 Tons, 8-A) (Sonic: Paramount)
- Sonic can cross Green Hill in two seconds and dashes to the Pacific Ocean (1% c, Sub-Relativistic) (Sonic: Paramount)
- Sonic dodges bullets, missiles and explosions (11.9249164% c, Relativistic) (Sonic: Paramount)
- Sonic survives an explosion (0.0015 Tons, 9-B) (Sonic: Paramount)
|Discussion threads involving Sonic the Hedgehog (The Universe)|