|Games||Game, Show, Etc|
For detailed information about the series, Visit the Sonic News Network.
- 1 Summary
- 2 Power of the Verse
- 3 Supporters/Opponents/Neutral
- 4 Continuity
- 5 Other Continuities
- 6 Gallery
Sonic the Hedgehog is a video game franchise created and owned by Sega. The franchise centers on a series of speed-based platform games, but several are spin-offs in different genres. The protagonist of the series is an anthropomorphic blue hedgehog named Sonic, whose peaceful life is often interrupted by the series's main antagonist, Doctor Eggman. Typically, Sonic—usually along with some of his friends, such as Tails, Amy, and Knuckles—must stop Eggman and foil any plans of world domination. The first game in the series, published in 1991, was conceived by Sega's Sonic Team division after Sega requested a mascot character; the title was a success and spawned sequels, and transformed Sega into a leading video game company during the 16-bit era in the early to mid-1990s.
The Sonic Universe has a very rich history. The main character is Sonic the Hedgehog and his usual adventure is stopping Doctor Eggman from taking over the world up to the universe. It also has a very, very large cast, with some characters getting more focus than others. Overall, Sonic is a popular universe.
In fact, the universe's history is very expandable to a point of having a rather spontaneous continuity. For this reason, we have divided the Sonic Universe into multiple "eras" for a more concise look into the timeline.
Power of the Verse
The Sonicverse's power has a very wide range, ranging from Wall level for much of the fodder Badniks to Large Planet level in the Classic/Adventure Eras and Small Star level for some near the end of the Adventure Era and into the Modern Era. Several mechanical creations can vary from Planet level to Multi-Solar System level, with many of the Super Forms and final bosses hovering around the latter at their weakest. Several Universal+ to Low Multiversal threats appear in the forms of Alf-Layla-wa-Layla, Time Eater, Egg Salamander, the Egg Wizard with the Power of the Stars, Solaris, and Super Forms at their strongest. Here are the explanations about the feats, powerscaling and stats of all the characters of the verse.
This verse also has many hax powers within it, such as Sonic and Shadow using Chaos Control to freeze time or teleport, every skilled Chaos Emerald user like Blaze being able to seal away opponents like Iblis, Emerl and Metal Sonic being able to copy an opponent's abilities by mere observation, Time Eater being able to slow down or travel through time, and Alf Layla wa-Layla and Darkspine Sonic being capable of warping reality with a wave of the hand. Color Powers (which most characters can use) can grant several abilities, such as Intangibility, Void Manipulation, and Absorption.
Many of the Gameverse's alternative continuities also vary widely in power, such as IDW Sonic and others being Multi-City Block level+, their Boom counterparts being Town level, their Fleetway incarnations being Island level with Large Planet level and Low Multiversal Super Forms, and so on.
Another popular alternative canon with its own separate page is the OVA Universe and the Archie Universe, which has vastly different stories, many characters not yet seen within the games, and is far above the Game Continuity in terms of both power and hax.
- Professor Voodoo
- Serpent of the Internet 97
- The real cal howard
- Luigi The Thunder Master
Rocks of Power
Feats of The Verse
- Eggman destroys a wall (468 Kilojoules, 9-B)
- A Badnik breaks a wall (.002 Tons, 9-B)
- Sonic breaks the chain links to Little Planet (3.282 Teratons, Low 6-B)
- The Eclipse Cannon blasts Central City (28 Teratons, 6-B)
- Space Colony Ark destroys a portion of the moon (1.53 Yottatons. 5-B+)
- The Chaos Energy Cannon shatters the Earth (7.2 Yottatons, 5-A)
- A Chaos Emerald shifts a continent (81.279517 Yottatons, 5-A)
- The Indigo Asteroid creates a black hole made of Hyper-Go-On (7.072 Ninatons, 5-A)
- The Eclipse Cannon can pierce the stars (32.124638 Tenatons, Low 4-C)
- The Nega Wisps creates a black hole made of Hyper-Go-On (18.08 Foe, High 4-C+)
- Final Egg Blaster destroys a constellation (465.364631 ExaFoe, 4-A)
- E-102 Gamma dodges E-101 Beta's Lasers (0.3459c, Relativistic)
- Laser feats throughout the Sonic series (Relativistic to FTL)
- Classic Sonic moves faster than lasers (5.64c and 7.79c, FTL)
- Super Sonic flies past stars (38,555c, MFTL+)
- Super Sonic flies to the Nonaggression Zone (7.068751 Billion c, MFTL+)
- Final Egg Blaster attack speed (58.216748 Billion c, MFTL+)
- Babylon Garden takes flight (212.15 Billion c, MFTL+)
- Dodon Pa's Rocket Speed (2.445662 Quadrillion c, MFTL+)
- Time Eater's AOE attack at Green Hill (4.891323 Quadrillion c, MFTL+)
- The Base Cast do scale to the Babylon Garden but its consider an Outlier
Lifting Strength Feats
- These calcs at the end of the day are for show. Dr. Eggman consistently tank explosions from his mechs that consistently withstand hits from Sonic till he breaks them. Withstanding the force of those explosions that would rip apart those mechs would make Dr. Eggman scale to Sonic in some way.
Notes of The Verse
Note 1: Do not attempt to scale the Base Cast to Perfect Chaos' 4-A rating due to Sonic defeating it in Sonic Generations, as it's deemed an Outlier.
Note 2: The topic of Invulnerability for Super Forms within the Games' setting has been discussed and considered valid within this thread. As such, you should read this thread before making any Content Revision Thread on the matter.
- The only instances that a Super Form has taken damage are consistently when the Chaos Emeralds were involved in some way with the enemy's power, and many times not even then. As such, this should also be taken into consideration before making a CRT to adjust either Invulnerability or Invulnerability Negation.
Calcs of Other Continuities
- Sonic drills to the other side of Mobius (4.250273701% SoL, Sub-Relativistic) (AoSTH)
Lifting Strength Feats
- Robotnik, Scratch and Grounder tanks a stone weight (15.259013 Megajoules, 9-B) (AoSTH)
- Scratch and Grounder tank a fall (2.9902 tons, High 8-C) (AoSTH)
- Robotnik's prison explodes (6.5518 tons, High 8-C) (AoSTH)
Lifting Strength Feats
- Chris lifts the chains off (25,852.013 kg, Class 50) (Sonic X)
- Sonic knocks out power in the entire Pacific Northwest (267.92 Tons, 8-A) (Sonic: Paramount)
- Sonic can cross Green Hill in two seconds and dashes to the Pacific Ocean (1% c, Sub-Relativistic) (Sonic: Paramount)
- Sonic dodges bullets, missiles and explosions (11.9249164% c, Relativistic) (Sonic: Paramount)
- Sonic survives an explosion (0.0015 Tons, 9-B) (Sonic: Paramount)
|Discussion threads involving Sonic the Hedgehog (The Universe)|