For detailed information about the series, Visit the Sonic News Network.
Sonic the Hedgehog is a video game franchise created and owned by Sega. The franchise centers on a series of speed-based platform games, but several are spin-offs in different genres. The protagonist of the series is an anthropomorphic blue hedgehog named Sonic, whose peaceful life is often interrupted by the series's main antagonist, Doctor Eggman. Typically, Sonic—usually along with some of his friends, such as Tails, Amy, and Knuckles—must stop Eggman and foil any plans of world domination. The first game in the series, published in 1991, was conceived by Sega's Sonic Team division after Sega requested a mascot character; the title was a success and spawned sequels, and transformed Sega into a leading video game company during the 16-bit era in the early to mid-1990s.
The Sonic Universe has a very rich history. The main character is Sonic the Hedgehog and his usual adventure is stopping Doctor Eggman from taking over the world up to the universe. It also has a very, very large cast, with some characters getting more focus than others. Overall, Sonic is a popular universe.
In fact, the universe's history is very expandable to a point of having a rather spontaneous continuity. For this reason, we have divided the Sonic Universe timeline into multiple "eras".
Power of the Verse
The Sonicverse's power has a very wide range, ranging from Wall level for much of the fodder Badniks and Planet level+ to Large Planet level for the main characters depending on the "era", with many of the Super forms and final bosses being at least Multi-Solar System level. In addition, it has several Universal+ to Low Multiversal threats in the forms of Alf-Layla-wa-Layla, Time Eater, Egg Salamander, the Egg Wizard with the Power of the Stars, and Solaris in game canon, who have great destructive powers and hax. Here are the explanations about the feats, powerscaling and stats of all the characters of the verse.
This verse also has many hax powers within it, such as Sonic and Shadow using an ability called Chaos Control which can be used to freeze time or teleport, every skilled Chaos Emerald user like Blaze being able to seal away opponents like Iblis, Emerl and Metal Sonic being able to copy an opponent's abilities, Time Eater being able to slow down or travel through time and Alf Layla wa-Layla and Darkspine Sonic are capable of reality warping with a wave of the hand. Color Powers (which most characters can use) can grant several abilities, such as intangibility, void manipulation, and absorption. The verse also has a powerful level of technology capable of Planet level to Multi-Solar System level busting destruction.
Many of the Gameverse's alternative continuities also vary widely in power, such as IDW Sonic and others being Multi-City Block level+, their Boom counterparts being Town level, their Fleetway incarnations being City level with Large Planet level and Low Multiversal Super Forms, and so on.
Another popular alternative canon with its own separate page is the Archie Universe, which has vastly different stories, many characters not yet seen within the games, and is far above the Game Continuity in terms of both power and hax.
- Professor Voodoo
- Serpent of the Internet 97
- The real cal howard
- Luigi The Thunder Master
Feats of The Verse
- Eggman destroys a wall (468 Kilojoules, 9-B)
- A Badnik breaks a wall (.002 Tons, 9-B)
- Eggman tanks an explosion (0.573 Tons, 8-C)
- Sonic breaks the chain links to Little Planet (3.282 Teratons, Low 6-B)
- Eggman survives an explosion (3.774 Teratons, Low 6-B)
- A Chaos Emerald shifts a continent (1.409 Yottatons, 5-B)
- The Chaos Energy Cannon shatters the Earth (7.2 Yottatons, 5-A)
- The Eclipse Cannon can pierce the stars (3.736 Ninatons, 5-A)
- The Indigo Asteroid creates a black hole made of Hyper-Go-On (7.072 Ninatons, 5-A)
- The Nega Wisps creates a black hole made of Hyper-Go-On (18.08 Foe, High 4-C+)
- The Final Egg Blaster destroys a cluster of stars (529 TeraFoe, 4-A)
- Laser feats throughout the Sonic series (Relativistic to FTL)
- Classic Sonic moves faster than lasers (5.64c and 7.79c, FTL)
- Super Sonic flies past stars (38,555c, MFTL+)
- Super Sonic flies to the Nonaggression Zone (804 Million x FTL, MFTL+)
- Super Sonic flies to a fused space between universes (183 Quadrillion x FTL, MFTL+)
Feats of Other Continuities
- Sonic survives an explosion (0.0015 Tons, 9-B) (Sonic: Paramount)
- Sonic survives several explosions (.023 Tons, 9-A) (SatAM)
- Sonic knocks out power in the entire Pacific Northwest (267.92 Tons, 8-A) (Sonic: Paramount)
- Sonic creates a hole through metal (877.81 Tons, 8-A+) (IDW Sonic)
- Knuckles destroys an asteroid (10.711 Kilotons, 7-C) (Sonic Boom)
- Knuckles causes a fissure (12.8 Megatons, 7-B) (Sonic the Comic)
- Sonic kicks a monitor into orbit (51.71 Megatons, 7-B) (Sonic the Comic)
- Knuckles punches a Moon tranciever (5.920 Gigatons, 6-C) (Sonic X)
- The Eclipse Cannon destoys a portion of the moon (2.64 Yottatons, 5-B+) (Sonic X)
- Super Sonic throws the moon (2.472 Ninatons, 5-A) (Sonic the Comic)
- Sonic casually dodges a meteor (Mach 48, High Hypersonic) (Sonic Boom)
- Sonic dodges lightning (Mach 264, Massively Hypersonic) (Sonic Boom)
- Sonic can cross Green Hill in two seconds and dashes to the Pacific Ocean (1% SoL, Sub-Relativistic) (Sonic: Paramount)
- Sonic crosses half of the world (Mach 12,979, Sub-Relativistic) (Sonic the Comic)
- Sonic dodges a laser (8.88% SoL, Sub-Relativistic+) (Sonic the Comic)