|Games||Classic • Modern|
|Comics||Promo Comic • Archie Pre-Genesis • Sonic the Comic • Archie Post-Genesis • IDW|
|Shows||AoSTH • SatAM • X • Boom|
|Movies||OVA • Paramount|
|Others||Evil Sonic (Archie)|
|“||I won't stop until I've saved everyone you've captured! I'll never stop until I've honored the sacrifices of everyone who's fallen along the way! And I won't be through until I've kicked your flabby behind once and for all! So you just keep pushin' me, doc! I'll push right back!||„|
|~ Sonic's declaration to Dr. Eggman.|
|“||I m-must... c-cannot... m-must...||„|
|~ Mecha Sonic, struggling to fight against Robotnik's programming|
|“||The cool, blue radiance projected by the being that leap toward Ixis, is not that of Sonic the Hedgehog. And, when the energized speedster announces his name - - Ultra- Sonic - - his voice is changed as well.||„|
|~ The Narrator|
Sonic the Hedgehog, born Maurice Hedgehog, is the eponymous protagonist in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics, of the same name.
He is a mobian hedgehog gifted with incredible speed and the power to harness Chaos Energy. Known for an overconfident streak, a love of chili dogs, and a tendency to drop quippage, he's also widely considered the greatest hero within the Knothole Freedom Fighters, co-leader with Sally Acorn. Sonic has foiled the villainous schemes of the former Royal Warlord, Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik, for as long as he could remember to protect his friends and the innocents of his world from the tyrant and those who would want subjugate Mobius's peace.
Sonic is the one true Sonic of all realities, and is destined to become the most pivotal hero of all time and space.
Powers and Stats
Tier: Low 2-C | Low 2-C | Low 1-C | Low 1-C
Classification: Sonic Prime, Mobian Hedgehog, Freedom Fighter, The Fastest Thing Alive, Embodiment of Chaos, Chosen Hero of The Multiverse, Blue Immortal (By the Azurites)
Powers and Abilities:
Sonic's natural proficiency with Chaos Energy allows him greater access to its abilities compared to many others, which grants him:
All natural abilities of Base
All previous abilities on a vastly enhanced scale and all of the abilities from Power Rings due to them being by-products of the Chaos Emeralds. Super Sonic is fueled by immense amounts of Chaos Energy, granting him:
Those who can enter a Super State receive up to High-Tier Resistances offered by Chaos Energy, which grants the following Resistances: Corruption (Type 2. The Iron Queen could only corrupt Monkey Khan after the Power Ring was taken off), Mind Manipulation (A Power Ring can restore or block out manipulation to the mind), Soul Manipulation (The energy of Power Rings prevented Mogul's disembodied spirit from "dissipating into the immaterial"), Speed Reduction (The energy of three Power Rings restored Sonic's lost speed), Extrasensory Perception (Enough Power Rings on each arm had allowed users to evade Master Mogul's visualization of reality), Biological Manipulation and Transmutation (The Death Egg Mark 2's Power Ring matrix rendered it immune to the Crystalline Magic of Ixis Naugus. The energy of a single Chaos Emerald later reverted Bunnie's Roboticized limbs back to normal, and reverted mutations, Life Force Absorption, Mind Erasure and Soul Erasure, Madness Manipulation, Memory Manipulation, Power Nullification, and Poison Manipulation (Both Mammoth Mogul and Enerjak were subjected to Egg Grape chambers and resisted their effects without lasting repercussions, the latter due to the power of a Chaos Emerald. The Egg Grape chambers erases the victim's mind and soul, infuses them with toxins, and saps them of their energy, with even the briefest exposure to them causing severe dips in mental capability and driving Naugus to insanity), Magic (Enerjak's magic merely annoyed Super Sonic), Electricity Manipulation (The Thunder Arrow technique done by Enerjak was shrugged off by Super Sonic), Paralysis Inducement (Silver's psychokinetic grasp was effortlessly broken the very moment Super Scourge tried to do so), Conceptual Manipulation (Type 1), Law Manipulation, Matter Manipulation, and Reality Warping (Super Sonic and Super Armor Mega Man were unaffected by these things when the Super Genesis Wave activated during their battle)
Everything prior on an unfathomably enhanced scale with a link directly to the Chaos Force that is constantly strengthening. Accelerated Development (Passive; Abilities. Ultra Sonic's transformation gives him complete mastery over the elements and the skills to use it accordingly without prior training or knowledge on the matter), Enhanced Time Manipulation (Was able to move time forward with sheer speed alone), Continuously Rising Power (Had used a Super Emerald to progress through his transformations, and was constantly getting faster and stronger with the amount of Chaos Energy he was being exposed to), Adaptation (Is shown and stated to change his form to match his environment, taking the forms of Polar Sonic, Solar Sonic, and Eco Sonic), and Dimensional BFR (Can create portals to a zone of his choice that suctions enemies in, leaving them trapped). Resistance to Time Manipulation (Tanked the Time Beam, which forced time to flow backwards)
Ixis Wizards have access to the elements of Mobius and more, with Ultra Sonic himself having near-perfect mastery over this branch of Chaos Energy. This grants him all previous abilities as Super Sonic as well as: Elemental Manipulation (Ixis Magicks are, as their namesake suggests, magical techniques invented by Mammoth Mogul), Air Manipulation (Can utilize gusts of winds and contained vortexes to blow others off of their feet), Darkness/Shadow Manipulation (Shadow-melding is an ability that allows Sonic to appear anywhere he desires when doing so), Earth Manipulation and Barrier Creation (Sonic can easily manipulate rocks and underground material for things such as creating and closing passageways or forming walls of granite as a means of defense), Fire Manipulation (The power of fire and brimstone can be used for offensive capabilities through blasts and combusting the air or defensive measures by a person turning themselves into scorching flames. Adapted to scorching heat, taking the form of Solar Sonic), Ice Manipulation (The applications of ice range from turning the area into a frozen wasteland to freezing a being on the spot. (Adapted to a freezing tundra, taking the form of Polar Sonic), Plant Manipulation (Adapted to the plantlife of a forest, taking the form of Eco Sonic), Smoke Manipulation and Elemental Intangibility (Repeatedly shown the capability of turning into and having a corresponding, intangible makeup to smoke), Water Manipulation (The element of water allows Sonic to use it for shields and other different applications), and Weather Manipulation (Sonic is capable of summoning snowstorms that are thick and powerful enough to produce whiteouts), and possibly Transmutation (Through Crystalline Magic, which can turn nonliving material into green crystal that is especially efficient against cybernetics and robotic opponents)
Statistics Amplification (Can enhance his speed with a Super Emerald), Extrasensory Perception (With the Ionic Residue tracer, Sonic can detect traces of magic despite Ixis covering his tracks to avoid him), Energy Projection (Capable of shooting lasers with the Laser Glove), Body Control and Regeneration (High-Mid with the Elasticity Stone, which allows him to be nothing more than mush when flattened under a rock), Size Manipulation (With the Reduce/Enlarge component, which can shrink or enlarge himself or others), Power Nullification, Holy Manipulation, and Invisible Barrier (With the Sword of Light, which negates dark magic and anything stemming from it while protecting him with an unseen barrier), All the abilities from the Sword of Acorns when wielding it.
Attack Potency: Universe level+ (Able to fight on par and contend with Ixis Naugus, who created the entirety of the Zone of Silence, an entire universe of infinite proportions. Comparable to Omega, who can harm Feist, who reshaped the Zone of Silence into a Special Zone and has full control over it. Is able to fight Scourge, who stated he was superior to Horizont-Al and Verti-Cal) | Universe level+ (Superior to Knuckles, as he was "beating Knuckles to pulp fiction" and overwhelming him. Fought evenly with Bunnie, made her resort to using her shields to defend herself from his strikes, and eventually overwhelmed her. The idea of Mecha Sonic was originally deemed to dangerous to risk) | Low Complex Multiverse level (Powered by the Chaos Emeralds. Fought against and harmed Master Mogul's 1st Tenure alongside Turbo Tails and Hyper Knuckles, who gravely wounded the Ancient Walkers with the last of his power. Should be far stronger after the Great Harmony. Matched blows with and pummeled Enerjak while powered by the Master Emerald, albeit he was slightly weakened. Defeated Solaris alongside Shadow and Silver. Would’ve reverted the effects of the Super Genesis Wave had Eggman not interfered, accidentally causing the complete destruction of existence, including the Chaos Force, a structure that transcends space and time across infinite realities) | Low Complex Multiverse level (Powered by a Super Emerald, in which just one is vastly more powerful than the Chaos Emeralds)
Speed: Massively FTL+ (Can form and throw a ball of water in a tenth of a femtosecond. Able to cross the multiverse in a short timespan. Stated to be capable of visiting all the planets within the universe in a short amount of time, placing him at 324.68 Octillion x FTL), faster with the Super Peel Out (The Super Peel Out vastly increases his speed) | Massively FTL+ (Acknowledged that his speed was enhanced when fighting Knuckles), faster with the Super Peel Out | Immeasurable (Far higher than in base. Is capable of fighting and matching the likes of Mammoth Mogul and Solaris, the latter being capable of moving to different time periods by movement alone) | Immeasurable
Lifting Strength: At least Class G (Is a physical rival of Knuckles and has grappled with those comparable to the echidna on numerous occasions) | At least Class G (Easily grappled and wrestled with both Bunnie and Knuckles) | Immeasurable | Immeasurable
Striking Strength: Universal+ | Universal+ (Easily fought toe-to-toe with Knuckles and Bunnie) | Low Complex Multiversal | Low Complex Multiversal
Durability: Universe level+ (Survived a blast from Al and Cal. Withstood multiple attacks from the Egg Beater. Can shrug off attacks from Metal Sonic while he was boosted by the Power Gem, and who Sonic considered vastly superior to him. Noted to have greater durability due to collecting a multitude of Power Rings), Up to Low Complex Multiverse level with Power Rings (Sonic and Knuckles were both shown to take hits from Master Mogul due to carrying an abundance of Power Rings). Damage Reduction and Fate Manipulation make him more difficult to kill | Universe level+ (Took a heavy hit from Bunnie with little issue and took a laser blast from her with little issue. Easily recovered from an attack by Knuckles. Survived a blast that was considered impossible to survive and was only left badly damaged but repairable) | Low Complex Multiverse level (Invulnerability makes him very difficult to kill) | Low Complex Multiverse level (Invulnerability makes him very difficult to kill)
Stamina: Extremely high (Sonic is capable of taking large amounts of punishment with only mild annoyances. Sonic also boasts vast endurance as, throughout the course of several hours, he was captured and beaten on more than one occasion, was being continuously hunted, and makes note that he's physically and mentally exhausted and can barely continue moving. Only after all of that, along with ultimately fighting to the death with his greatest nemesis, did he finally pass out due to exhaustion). Limitless in all his transformations.
Range: Standard melee range normally. Extended melee range with basic sword attacks. Tens of kilometers with attacks and abilities. | Sandard melee range, tens of kilometers with attacks and abilities | Low Complex Multiversal. Temporal Area of Effect for his attacks, which harms beings throughout all of time | Same as prior
Intelligence: Genius (Shown to be highly intelligent in his own right, doing things like quickly rebuilding the Tornado and piloting it, as well as being quite perceptive both in and out of combat. He has constantly outdone and outsmarted Eggman for years on end and is even capable of hacking Eggman's technology. Additionally, Sonic excels in combat prowess. His years of combat experience has made him very skilled and formidable despite his relatively young age, with nearly a decade of combat experience fighting a large variety of opponents in a short timeframe. His skill not only allows him to fight against and evade the attacks of multiple other Freedom Fighters at one time, but also match and surpass the likes of Knuckles, Antoine, and even Geoffrey St. John, a former member of the Secret Service who has trained in every method of armed and unarmed combat. Sonic is also a cunning and tactical fighter, specializing in split-second decision-making and quick thinking, has shown to use the environment to his advantage in multiple different ways, overwhelming opponents with momentum-fueled strikes, and several other tactics. Sonic also excels in swordsmanship, being knowledgeable on the abilities and different powers of the Sword of Acorns. Along with his combat methods comes his speed. Sonic has demonstrated flawless coordination, equilibrium and dexterity, pulling off fluid and graceful maneuvers regardless of his surroundings. He has created sculptures in seconds, has effortlessly ran across tightropes while holding somebody, has repeatedly dodged and maneuvered around Swatbots firing lasers at him in close quarters, and has even displayed enough grace and nimbleness to run in between falling raindrops to stay dry)
Weaknesses: Sonic often needs an external source of Chaos Energy to access his Time Manipulation and Reality Warping powers. Sonic’s One Billionth Ring Aura is not infallible, it merely acts to prevent Sonic’s death and ensure an eventual victory. It does not prevent general inconveniences, as he can still "temporarily" lose, such as being knocked out, or incapacitated | As Mecha Sonic, he is susceptible to magnetization. Fighting against his programming will quickly sap him of his energy, but is only ever triggered when it comes to the safety of his friends.
- One Billionth Power Ring Aura:
- A constant, invisible, passive aura that always surrounds Sonic at all times, gifted to him by The Ancient Walkers after collecting his Billionth Power Ring. It has been shown to act on its own volition to protect Sonic on several occasions. It has restored Sonic's physical and spiritual essence, absorbed and retained his Life Force, has nullified magic that's targeted him, and even brought him back after being erased from existence by the Ultimate Annihilator after it overloaded, as well when he was stated and shown to be successfully vaporized.
- Spin Dash:
- Homing Attack:
- Sonic performs a mid-air Spin Dash that homes in on opponents, striking them with perfect aim. After hitting, the attack's force will cause Sonic to bounce off the target. This allows him to attack the same enemy repeatedly, or attack other enemies in his range.
- Super Peel Out:
- Also known as the Figure-Eight Peel-Out. Sonic can move his legs in a pattern similar to the "infinity" symbol for multiple purposes. He can build up speed while remaining stationary, can let him move at speeds faster than he's normally capable of, also allows Sonic to amplify the power behind his punches, and can be used to swiftly evade attacks.
- Sonic Spin:
- Sonic curls tightly into a ball and rams enemies as a concussive force or cutting disk. This move has been shown capable of effortlessly cutting through thick steel floors, as well as shearing off a cliff. He has also been shown capable of doing something similar with his hands to effortlessly shred handcuffs, and also helps Sonic defend himself from being grabbed. He has even used the Sonic Spin to effect the molecules of objects nearby.
- Supersonic Spin:
- Also known as the Triple-S Spin. It's a variation of the Sonic Spin used to launch Sonic into the air and allows him to burrow upwards.
- Whirlwind Spin:
- By spinning in tight circles, Sonic is capable of unleashing winds to blow away multiple enemies at once.
- Vortex Vacuum:
- Sonic circles around the opponent at high speeds to extinguish flames and cut off oxygen supply, effectively suffocating them.
- Accelerating to top speeds while coated in a blue aura, Sonic rockets forward as a highly destructive projectile to mow down anything in his way.
- A common tactic used by Sonic in order for him to confuse the enemy by leaving afterimages in his wake. Not only can he create afterimages, he can also make it seem as if there are duplicates of himself in a variety of different places over the battlefield.
- By using his Sonic Spin, Sonic is capable of burrowing through the ground at high speeds. This allows him to perform defensive maneuvers to escape troubling situations and hide from sight.
- Dust Clouds:
- By moving in circles around his enemies in a sufficient environment, Sonic can create clouds of dust to confuse and blind enemies.
- Sonic runs circles around the opponent, cutting a hole in the ground to drop them in a trench and bury them alive.
- Enhanced Durability:
- Due to the amount of Power Rings Sonic has collected, he has greater durability than he normally should. A robot that spent three thousand years of studying life forms took note that he's exceeded the limitations that sentient life should be capable of. Sonic has also survived being thrown 849,000 light years across the universe in a short timeframe.
- Chaos Control:
- A technique utilized by Sonic the Hedgehog, which has a wide variety of effects. With a Chaos Emerald handy, Sonic is capable of warping the fabric of space-time by manipulating Chaos Energy. This can be used for a variety of different powers, such as to instantaneously teleport himself as well as other people objects across vast distances, open gateways (portals) through space-time to travel from one place to another, perform inter-dimensional and time travel, pause the flow of time to immobilize enemies for potentially decades, manipulate matter, and so on. The magnitude of this power depends on the amount of Chaos Emeralds Sonic has with him.
- Super Sonic has been shown capable of effortlessly passing through his enemies, which leaves a disorienting after-effect on the person from his phasing.
- Sonic can create another version of himself, a separate being. This copy has all the abilities of Super Sonic but it has an unstable personality. While it obeyed the wishes of Sonic’s to defeat his current enemy, when it was done, it turned on Sonic himself. It was ultimately defeated by the FateHax.
- The Chaos Emeralds have been shown to be able to seal beings inside of them, as done repeatedly before with Mammoth Mogul.
- Sonic can harness the power of Chaos Energy to turn "dreams into reality", as Chaos Energy is known for being able to shape entire worlds into how the user imagines. The power of the Chaos Emeralds' reality bending capabilities should be vastly superior to that of Power Rings, as they have a mere infinitesimal amount of their power.
- The Chaos Emeralds have been shown capable of erasing people from existence, making it as if that never existed in the first place.
- Sonic can manipulate the elements at the atomic level with his mind alone, as displayed when he fought against Ugly Naugus.
- By opening a portal, Sonic is able to use this to suction enemies. He can send others to the Zone of Silence, and presumably to any other location of his choice.
- Sonic can adapt to his surroundings, such as when he transformed to match the heat of a desert, the cold of a tundra, and the plant life of a forest.
The Sword of Light: A sword originally created by The Ancient Walkers to aid in defeating the users of dark magic, given to Sir Connory to do so. Sonic has wielded this sword on several occasions, and shows great proficiency with it.
- Holy Power:
- The Sword of Light is able to completely negate any and all attacks that stem from dark magic, and is even shown to form unsee barriers around the wielder.
The Sword of Acorns: A mystical sword forged in the Source of All. It is able to imbue others with powerful magical properties, and is capable of acting as an amplifier and conduit for magical power. Some abilities include:
- The Sword of Acorns wields mystical healing powers, which also allows it to restore free will and revert transfigurations.
- Power Absorption:
- The Sword of Acorns is capable of draining opponents, allowing users to steal their power while leaving the opponent a weak husk.
- Power Nullification/Statistics Reduction:
- The mere presence of the Sword of Acorns is capable of negating an opponent’s abilities and greatly weakening them.
- Paralysis Inducement:
- The Sword of Acorns can stun opponents and lock them in place, even beings with the strength of the infinitely powerful Enerjak.
- Portal Creation:
- The Sword of Acorns can open rifts in reality.
Key: Base Sonic | Mecha Sonic | Super Sonic | Ultra Sonic
- Further elaboration on how the Fate Manipulation ability works.
- While Sonic had only used Duplication in Base form, he did so with the power of 6 Red Chaos Emeralds on accident. Those Red Chaos Emeralds would later merge together during the Great Harmony. Sonic only needs to know something is possible to replicate it, like Chaos Control.
- Knuckles the Echidna (Pre-Gen) (Archie Sonic Continuity) Knuckles' Profile (Both were at their strongest)
- Sonic the Hedgehog (Post-Gen) (Archie Sonic Continuity) Sonic's Profile (Both were Super Sonic and SBA was used)
- Tails (Pre-Gen) (Archie Sonic Continuity) Tails' Profile (Super Sonic and Titan Tails were used. Speed equalized)
- Super Armor Mega Man (Archie Sonic Continuity) Mega Man's Profile (Super Mega Man and Super Sonic were used, and speed was equalized)
- Super Shadow (Game) (Game Sonic Continuity) Shadow's Profile (Base Sonic and Super Shadow were used, Sonic has his Power Rings, and speed was equalized)
- Rimuru Tempest (Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken) Rimuru's Profile (Speed Equalized, High 4-C Rimuru and Low 2-C Sonic)
- Thanos (Comics) (Marvel Comics) Thanos' Profile (Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet and Super Sonic were used)
- Pegasus Seiya (Saint Seiya) Seiya's Profile (Base Sonic and God Cloth Seiya with 9th Sense (Overture) were used, and speed was equalized)
|Discussion threads involving Sonic the Hedgehog|