|Comics • Ultimate • Fox|
|“||I am not a god. I have never created life...but I have lived. That is enough. So I will fight to preserve that same opportunity -- to love, to dream, to soar among the stars -- for all those yet to come. Many lives will be lost in the battle ahead -- but their efforts will ensure that some remain to remember their deeds. And, like the gods, the will truly live forever...even after they are gone.||„|
To save their planet's peaceful existence at the hands of Galactus, the Devourer of Worlds, Norrin Radd was forced to agree Galactus' condition, that Norrin will serve him for all eternity. Given a fraction of the Power Cosmic, Norrin was transformed into the Silver Surfer, the Herald of Galactus.
Powers and Stats
Tier: High 6-C, 3-C at peak | High 6-C, 3-C at peak
Name: Silver Surfer, Norrin Radd
Origin: Marvel Comics, Fantastic Four #48
Age: Billions of years old, if factoring in time travel
Classification: Alien endowed with the Power Cosmic
Powers and Abilities:
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Flight, Self-Sustenance (Types 1, 2, and 3), Can fight without his body, Immortality (Types 1 and 3), Resurrection, Summoning (His board), Empowerment (The Power Cosmic is always with him), Regeneration (At least Low-Mid; regenerated from being cut into several pieces using the Power Cosmic. High over time; after having his atoms scattered across the galaxy, he eventually reformed over a period of countless millennia), Genius Intelligence, Cosmic Energy Manipulation, Explosion Manipulation (Created a massive explosion on the Moon), Power Bestowal, Power Modification (Modified Wonder Man's ionic energy), Energy Manipulation and Energy Projection (Shown here.), Fire, Radiation and Light Absorption, Petrification (Turned Carnage into a statue of ethereal energy), Weapon Mastery (Sword-fought with Knull), Thermal Manipulation (Doom froze the Human Torch, extinguishing his flame temporarily), Enhanced Senses (Can track a single molecule across galaxies), Corrosion Inducement (Doom created a corrosive cloud that ate away planes), Precognition (Can see past, present and future at the same time), Teleportation (Teleported out of Quasimodo's grasp), Cosmic Awareness (Used it to search for life in a primordial wasteland), Extrasensory Perception (Feels the power of the Stranger.), Matter Manipulation, Empathy (Can sense the emotions of humans), Empathic Manipulation (Blanketed the Earth with cosmic energy, creating world peace), Cloth Manipulation (Constricted someone with his own clothes), Air Manipulation (Created a breathable atmosphere and removed the oxygen from a body of water), Limited Sound Manipulation/Space Time Manipulation (Screamed loud enough to open a planet-sized tear in space) Biological Manipulation (Accelerated a child's growth to develop his abilities), Organic Manipulation (Altered Jack of Heart's organs), Weather Manipulation, Transmutation, Telekinesis (Moved the Moon with telekinesis), Telepathy (Sends his thoughts through hyperspace to Dr. Strange.), Mind Manipulation, Memory Manipulation, Purification (Type 1, 2 and 3; Cleansed the people around him, the air, and foreign matter, rescued a woman from The Other's psychic abyss, Cured thousands of a plague on the molecular level), Weapon Creation (Made a weapon that could destroy a tower), Illusion Creation, Gravity Manipulation, Black Hole Creation, Forcefield Creation (An example of which is shown here.), Fire Manipulation (Made a fire for Bernard Haper), Heat Manipulation (Boiled an ocean), Aura, Size Manipulation (Shrunk his body to subatomic size, where atoms appear as large as Solar Systems), Shapeshifting, Limited Attack Reflection (With his skin), Intangibility, Soul Manipulation, Life Manipulation (Made life on a barren planet), Healing (Heals a dying man.), Supernatural Willpower (Willingness to die for humanity allowed him to defeat his clone), Astral Projection (Fought with Mephisto in their astral forms), Portal Creation, Spatial Manipulation, Clairvoyance, Time Travel (As shown here.), Sealing (Sealed Captain Marvel in his surfboard), Sleep Manipulation (Put Susan Storm to sleep), BFR via Time Travel (Used time travel to leave his opponent stranded in the future), Interdimensional Travel (Follows Mephisto to his dimension.), Statistics Amplification via Energy Absorption (Can absorb energy from stars or people to become stronger), Radiation Manipulation, Technology Manipulation (Disabled and re-enabled all of Earth's technology and machinery), Creation (Silver Surfer creates a house.).
Resistance to Soul Manipulation, Time Manipulation, Heat Manipulation (Resisted a star's heat), Power, Body and Willpower Absorption (Resisted Mephisto's attempt to absorb his energy, willpower and body completely), Gravity, Radiation Manipulation (Survived being sucked into a fake black hole), Reality Warping (Destroyed the Illuminatrix, and undid its reality-warping influence across the universe), Limited Space Time Manipulation (Threw Stormbreaker and some other characters back into regular space-time), Illusion Creation, Extreme Cold/Extreme Heat/Weather Affects (Unaffected by any temperature and weather effects), Vibration Manipulation (Rode on the shock waves of a supernova), Magic (Unaffected by Karnilla's magic blast), Transmutation (Survived going through the Zone, The Door is a zone of light that transmutes matters to sound, particles and light, and annihilates everything that enters it), Existence Erasure (Defeated two Proemial Gods), Fire Manipulation (Withstood multiple blasts of Firelord's cosmic fire), Empathic Manipulation (Immune to Princess Amaria's emphatic control), Fear Manipulation/Fusionism (Resisted the Fear Eater), Mind Manipulation/Madness Manipulation (Type 2)/Possession (Fought the mental control of Carnage), Disease Manipulation (Purified himself of a virus and imprisoned it in solid power cosmic), Matter Manipulation (Survived being in Ego's core), Life Force Absorption (Has more than enough life force to spare and (Rogue's absorption ability failed to work on him), and Body Puppetry (The Puppet Master's clay construct cannot control him).)
Attack Potency: Large Island level (He has refrained from using his full strength in most instances), Galaxy level at peak (Should be somewhat comparable to Thor, albeit weaker according to Loki. Being furious, he was able to create a black hole encompassing a large part of the Andromeda galaxy by using his cosmic energy discharges. When Doctor Doom stole the Silver Surfer's powers, he mentioned that this cosmic energy used in its entirety could destroy a galaxy. The Watcher Vartu stated that in the Silver Surfer's battle against the Uni-Lord, they destroyed galaxies, and the latter was capable of devouring entire galaxies with a thought. Broke through vibranium walls.) | Large Island level, Galaxy level at peak (Imbued with more power by Galactus. Capable of activating a device that was keyed to Thanos' level of power, while in an extremely weakened state.)
Speed: Massively FTL+ (Flew through 500,000 light-years in a short timeframe. Crossed the universe. Flew galactic distances in a panel. Crossed the universe in minutes. Searched through the entire galaxy in seconds. Visited every planet across numerous galaxies in hours)
Striking Strength: Large Island Class, Galactic at peak | Large Island Class, Galactic at peak
Durability: Large Island level, Galaxy level at peak (He has passed unscathed through the hearts of exploding galaxies and other more powerful cosmic conflagrations, and can withstand blows from Thor). Regeneration makes him extremely difficult to kill. | Large Island level, Galaxy level at peak
Range: Universal (Wiped out the influence of the Zenn-Lavian civilization across the Universe)
Standard Equipment: His board
Intelligence: Extraordinary Genius. Norrin Radd was an exceptional scientist, tutored in this area by Jartran Radd and in the nature of the universe by Galactus. He was self-taught in various areas, especially history, and absorbed much Zenn-Lavian knowledge from "Hypno-powered study cubes". He is able to understand information that would take a millennium to convey in a millisecond, assess a situation in a microsecond, and correctly calculate where a wormhole leads.
Standard Tactics: Due to his own pacifistic nature, Silver Surfer rarely fights with his full strength and lowers his power immensely to account for collateral damage as well as the mortality of his opponents.
- Surfer explicitly notes the potential collateral damage and endangerment of human lives, and doesn't use an attack despite it being a fatal situation for him
- Iron Man notes the Surfer likely holds back his blows
- Surfer willingly took multiple hits from Dr. Minerva and Captain Atlas before getting annoyed at which point he oneshots Atlas, showing that Silver Surfer usually prefers to be in a far weaker form.
Weaknesses: The Silver Surfer rarely fights to truly kill, and often does not use his abilities to their fullest extent. Although his body does not require sleep, his mind still does in order to give it an opportunity to dream. The Surfer is extremely reliant on his cosmic power and is more of a fighter in his surfboard than without it.
- Enters the Astral Plane of existence to destroy the soul of a foe.
- Can create black holes
- Atomizes an enemy
- Can see past, present, and future at the same time
- Can exist in the Singularity (dimension before Big Bang)
- Teleports out of Quasimodo's hands
- Transmutes an enemy into a liquid, and an object into pure energy
- Transmutes weapons into atoms
- Used spatial cutting and dimensional portal creation with the power cosmic
- Can travel through time
- Senses weakness of Gladiator (who is vulnerable to radiation) with Power Cosmic
- Shrinks his body to subatomic size, where atoms appear as large as Solar Systems
- Phases through a wall. phased out Dawn's tonsils
- Can seal people into his surfboard
- Moves the moon with telekinesis
- Can exist without his body and transform into air or snow
- Can absorb energy, radiation, and sunlight to amplify his power
- Can create an anti-gravity force field
- Phases his hand into a woman's head and rescues her mind from a "psychic abyss" trapped there by the Other,
- Telepathically calms the population of a planet during world-threatening event
- Can send his thoughts to others galaxies away through hyperspace.
- Creates an illusion in Galactus' mind, scares Skaar with illusion
- Erases memory of a guard
- Frees himself of the Goddess's control over him and resists a psychic blast from Moondragon, an already very powerful telepath, whose powers were amplified greatly by the mind gem.
- Has resisted Power Absorption of Rogue
- Resurrected himself after letting Doombots absorb his powers completely, which resulted in his death in outer space
- Surfer can resurrect himself as long as power cosmic exists
- Borgo (Frankensurfer), who's an exact clone made of Surfer's own energy, resisted Classic Doctor Strange's power nullification
- Has escaped a Time Loop
- Has ties and wins over characters such as Thor, Beta Ray Bill, and the Hulk.
- Time Travel: The Surfer can travel backward or forward in time an undetermined amount (at least millions of years both ways). He can take other people or objects with him if they are riding his board. When traveling back in time, he can affect the past and change the course of history (which he did so against the Overlord in Silver Surfer Volume 1)
- Transmutation: Norrin can transmute matter into other states, ranging from things as simple as turning sand to gold, to restructuring complex alien weapons to emit nothing but harmless light
- Energy Manipulation: The Silver Surfer can harness nearly any form of energy, from ambient heat and light to the power of an entire star, to magic and souls, to the primordial cosmic energies of the universe itself. He can transform these energies into other types, and direct them to create many different types of effects
Note: Before making any changes to this page, please read and follow the Power-scaling Rules for Marvel and DC Comics.
- Additionally, there are special standards to be followed when scaling such a character, as listed on the verse page.
Key: Pre-Annihilation | Post-Annihilation
Captain Atom (DC Comics) Atom's Profile (Post-Annihilation key of Surfer was used, both were 4-B and speed was equlized. Captain Atom's 5-D BFR and teleportation was restricted as only his evil self uses that. In character, SBA)
|Discussion threads involving Silver Surfer (Marvel Comics)|
- Fantastic Four Vol 1 55
- Silver Surfer Vol 1 5
- Silver Surfer Vol.3 Annual 2
- Silver Surfer Vol 3 131
- Silver Surfer Vol 2 1
- Silver Surfer Vol 8 13