|“||The new Shirai Ryu are worthy. It's heart, not blood, that makes them warriors...||„|
|~ Grandmaster Hanzo to his younger self|
|“||After eons, I learned the truth. Kronika was not alone. She was one of many Titans, each more powerful and ancient than the Elder Gods. It is they who conspire against us. Myself, my family. We are pawns in their game. Why? I do not know. But I will find out. And then, I will have vengeance.||„|
|“||People like to say they've been to Hell and back...I happen to know the way by heart.||„|
|~ Hanzo to Takeda|
|“||I am a dead man, but somehow you retained your mortality, which means you are vulnerable to death. I AM SCORPION! YOU KILLED ME IN COLD BLOOD!||„|
|~ Scorpion to the Elder Sub-Zero|
|“||GET OVER HERE!||„|
|~ Scorpion's signature quote|
Hanzo Hasashi, commonly known as Scorpion, was one of the best shinobi of the Japanese Shirai Ryu ninja clan and fought for the glory of his clan's Grand Master. However, one day, he is killed alongside his family and clan by the Lin Kuei warrior, Sub-Zero. After being resurrected by Quan Chi, he would enter the Mortal Kombat to kill Sub-Zero and successfully did so.
Hanzo was given the name Scorpion for his ridiculously fast speed in combat and skill with the spear; however, his inner demon has also taken up this name for himself.
In both timelines, Scorpion has made peace with the younger Sub-Zero, Kuai Liang. He has vowed to protect him to atone for murdering Bi-Han, the elder Sub-Zero. The current timeline shows both of them making peace as grandmasters of their respective clans and uniting forces with each other. One thing has remained in common; it was Quan Chi, who indeed was responsible for the death and destruction of the first Shirai Ryu clan as well as Scorpion's family.
Only in the current timeline did Scorpion manage to avenge the memory of his beloved clan and family.
Powers and Stats
Tier: High 8-C | High 8-C, likely higher | 7-B | 7-B
Name: Scorpion, Hanzo Hasashi, has several titles including Firefly, Creature of Fire, Spawn of Quan Chi, Fire Demon, The Vengeful Shade, Sting, Spearman
Origin: Mortal Kombat
Classification: Human, Spectre/Hellspawn (former), Shirai Ryu ninja (former), Grandmaster of the Shirai Ryu, Kronika's Recruit (former)
Powers and Abilities:
Superhuman Physical Characteristics (Possesses superhuman strength allowing him to crush skulls and stone, tear-off spines from cyborgs, rip away heads, twist necks at 360 degrees, etc.), Martial Arts (Ninjutsu, Kenjutsu, Iaijutsu, Hapkido, Moi Fah, Pi Gua), Weapon Mastery (Wields swords, daggers, whips and hatchets), Acrobatics (Exercises enhanced condition and hypermobility. Can jump far distances, rotate while airborne perform multiple attacks in mid-air, etc.), Immortality (Types 1, 2, 4 and 7), Resurrection (Can revive himself upon death), Hellfire Manipulation (Able to generate and manipulate hellfire), Breath Attack (Able to breathe out hellfire), Teleportation (Can instantly teleport himself and others), BFR (Can teleport others to the fifth plane of the Netherrealm, where their strength will be drained and powers and fighting skills removed while he grows more powerful with each passing moment), Extrasensory Perception (Able to detect Netherrealm taint in one's soul), Enhanced Senses (Can sense presences from afar), Portal Creation (Able to summon portals that lead to the Netherrealm), Aura (Can cover himself in fire), Flight (Pseudo flight), Earth Manipulation (Can summon a large stone monolith), Plant Manipulation (Can summon a sharp log), Dimensional Storage (Able to conceal a hundred feet long chain in his gauntlets. Pulls his kunai from thin air), Self-Sustenance (Type 2), Resistance to Hellfire (Unaffected by his own element), Corruption and Transmutation (Can endure being in the 5th plane of the Netherealm, which can twist any being into a vicious monster by affecting their souls. For instance, after an intense battle in the Netherrealm, Sareena lost control of her human form due to the realm's dark energy), Soul Manipulation (He was thrown into a big Soulnado, but did not lose his soul to it)
All previous abilities enhanced, Blessed (Has been given enhanced abilities by the Elder Gods), Necromancy (Can summon the undead Shirai Ryu ninjas who have their own hellfire powers), Summoning (Can summon Skull creatures that can spit hellfire and explosive projectiles)
All previous abilities enhanced, Soul Manipulation (After having his soul split by Quan Chi's dark magic, he is able to switch between Scorpion, a spectre conjured from his own soul and back to his human self), Multiple Personalities (Loses his composure and becomes full of rage when switching to Scorpion, a separate demonic entity full of anger and vengeance), Self-Destruction (Can cause his demonic minions to explode, creating fiery explosion), Regeneration (Low-Mid. Was able to heal multiple holes through the chest as Scorpion. Healed from being stabbed throughthe heart), Chain Manipulation (Threw a chained spear from the ground at Scorpion. His demonic self can do the same as well), Resistance to Ice Manipulation (Can resist being frozen solid by an enhanced Sub-Zero's cryomancy), Poison Manipulation (Resisted the venomous ovipositors from a weaker D'Vorah), Mind Manipulation (Resisted his own poisons that causes mental entropy ), Perception Manipulation (Burned away a hallucination), Electricity Manipulation (Tanked Raiden's electrocutions and eventually broke free from it)
All previous abilities enhanced, no longer has the following: Self-Sustenance (Type 2), Immortality (Types 1, 2 and 7), Soul Manipulation and Multiple Personalities (Cannot switch to Scorpion due to killing him)
Immortality (Types 3 and 4), Regeneration (Mid), Afterimage Creation (Can create afterimages of his attacks), Illusion Creation (Afterimages can be used to fool opponents of his next attack), Duplication (Can summon a temporary clone with his afterimage ability), Air Manipulation (Can create massive firestorms), Intangibility (Selective, has to be activated), Explosion Manipulation (Can emit a burst of hellfire and imbue explosions to his fireballs), Resistance to Fire Manipulation (Unaffected by an upgraded Sektor's flamethrower)
Attack Potency: Large Building level (Defeated Bi-Han before utterly vaporizing him save for his spine. Heavily wounded Kuai Liang but ultimately lost to him) | Large Building level, likely higher (After escaping to the Void, he was given enhanced powers by The Elder Gods to defeat Onaga. Fought against Shujinko) | City level (Is able to harm Raiden and was prepared to kill him in the MKX Comic. Fought and defeated Kuai Liang twice and killed Quan Chi, who had him in high regard. Brutally killed Havik) | City level (Stronger than before. Comparable to Raiden, Sub-Zero and Liu Kang. Fought stronger versions of Cyrax, Sektor, Frost and Noob Saibot)
Speed: Superhuman with Supersonic+ reactions and combat speed | Superhuman with Supersonic+ reactions and combat speed | Hypersonic+ with Massively Hypersonic+ reactions and combat speed (Quicker than Sub-Zero, was able to dodge his Slide attack which outpaced an explosion. Faster than Raiden) | Hypersonic+ with Massively Hypersonic+ reactions and combat speed (Should be faster than before. Can react to his past self's attacks and teleportation)
Lifting Strength: At least Class K (Performed the Spine Rip fatality on the Elder Sub-Zero) | At least Class K | At least Class K | At least Class K (Superior to his past self who can rip spines out of upgraded Lin Kuei cyborgs)
Striking Strength: Large Building Class | Large Building Class, likely higher | City Class (Elbowed Raiden hard enough to shatter his skull) | City Class (Can cause upgraded Cyrax to lose balance with his strikes)
Stamina: High | High | Very high
Range: Standard melee range, Hundreds of meters with his spear, Higher with portals and teleportation
Standard Equipment: Spear, katana, wakizashi
- Optional Equipment: Ninjato, hatchet, summoning skull
- Can Create/Summon: Stone pillars, undead Shirai Ryu, Skulls, demonic minions, fiery portals, sharp wooden logs, clones, illusions, firestorms, his weapons
Weaknesses: He must be in the Netherrealm to be at his strongest. He can be permanently destroyed by throwing him into a soulnado (which is a portal to heaven), and he will be torn apart by the purity of the soulnado and the souls trapped in it, although he has escaped this kind of encounter before.
- Hellfire Manipulation: The Netherrealm's version of fire, mainly used to burn the tortured souls of those who committed crimes and lived a life full of them. It is naturally hotter than most flames as they can vaporize most of what they come into contact with. Hellfire is hot enough to vaporize an entire human body as well as the metal parts of Bi-Han's former outfit.
- Damage Boost: Scorpion can project hellfire through his limbs to increase the damage of his physical strikes like punches or kicks, even burning whatever he strikes with them. He can also ignite his weapons in hellfire, coating them with flames that increase his damage output. For now, he has done this on his swords and spears only.
- Scorpion can also use hellfire and shape it into a ball to hurl at his enemies, fire a constant stream of it from his hands, summon it from below their feet, light himself up to burn melee attackers, manipulate the air to create swirling firestorms and even breathe and spit out hellfire from his flaming skull.
- Teleportation: This is the ability to move instantaneously from one location to another without physically occupying the space in between. Teleportation is one of Scorpion's frequently used techniques, which annoys his enemies too. In combat, he uses it to dodge attacks and re-position himself if his current position is disadvantageous to him.
- BFR: Scorpion's teleportation isn't just for himself. He can teleport people a few meters away from him as long as he is touching them, but he can use it to teleport others to different planes of the Netherrealm. Scorpion mainly uses it to transport himself and his opponent to Hell. However, he is still capable of using it as intended; he doesn't do so because fighting his opponent, there is actually an advantage for him.
- Netherrealm Powers: In the Netherrealm, Scorpion gains a home-field advantage with the added benefit of having several powers that are connected to the 5th plane of the Netherrealm.
- Empowerment: Scorpion's strength increases (with each passing moment) the longer he remains in the fifth plane of the Netherrealm.
- Statistics Reduction: This place has properties that can drain the magical powers and energies of those who possess magical properties. The only way to counter this is to find a permanent source of magic to replenish lost energies.
- Power Nullification: It also can drain the powers and fighting prowess of others, forcing the affected to rely on basic attacks.
- Corruption: Simply being in this place is a dangerous thing to do. The realm's dark essences can twist one's soul, causing them to turn into a vicious monster such as the likes of Drahmin
- Necromancy: The Elder Gods resurrected his Shirai Ryu clan after successfully doing their bidding as a champion. However, they returned as undead warriors, which greatly angered Scorpion, who now uses them against the Elder Gods and their associates.
- These undead ninjas are known as Hellspawn fight in numbers and overwhelm their enemies with sheer numbers and ninja skills. Hellspawn Diabolists can summon hellfire from below their opponent which synchronizes well with their fellow ninjas acting as a distraction since these summoners are often out of sight while zoning out enemies with hellfire.
- Scorpion can also summon large levitating creatures called Skulls that breathe fire and spit explosive skulls from a safe distance, acting as zoners that keep the distance between their opponent which keeps them safe from close combat.
- Summoning: At some point in the story of Mortal Kombat X, Scorpion gained the ability to summon demonic minions from the Netherrealm. Besides attacking, he also uses them to restrain his opponent, leaving them vulnerable to his next attack. These minions can self-destruct in a fiery explosion, which vaporizes the opponent in the process.
- Portal Creation: One of Scorpion's methods of gaining access to the Netherrealm. Scorpion can create fiery portals that he uses to drag enemies to the hellish realm where he was reborn. These portals can lead to any place that Scorpion is familiar with in the realm like a rocky road, evil lair or a pool of lava or even an unknown place that will make sure your skin is melted off.
- Intangibility: At some point in his life, Scorpion developed a brand new and deadly ability with his power over hellfire. This new power enabled him to incinerate himself to reveal a fiery skeleton that can phase through others, burning them in the process. This ability to become intangible is selective as Scorpion can still hold on to others in this form.
- Enhanced Senses: Scorpion's senses are very keen, as he was able to detect the presence of Quan Chi while he was escaping from the enraged spectre in the Netherrealm. Even after Quan Chi escaped the hellish realm and fled to Outworld, he could still sense his presence and claims that there will be no place for the sorcerer to hide.
- Spear: Reel in opponent to the other side via spear and slice them.
- Can be amplified to add a stunning elbow strike instead of a side switch.
- Hell Port: Teleport behind opponent and stab/kick them.
- Hell Port Cancel: Can now cancel teleport.
- Hell Flame: Throw fireball at the opponent. It can cause multiple explosions.
- Demon Breath: Breathe fire at the opponent while walking forward.
- Demon Dash: Dash through the opponent and grab them.
- Death Spin: Spin spear around him causing a multi-hitting attack.
- Death Spear Kombo: Perform two new combos with his spear.
- Wrath: Scorpion punches his opponent and chops them before backstabbing with his spear then kicks them away before stepping on the chain, which causes them to trip on their faces.
- Hack and Slash: Scorpion kicks the opponent, slashes them with the spear before tripping them down by slashing their legs with a whip of his spear.
- (Air) Sin Blade: Perform an additional aerial slash.
- Burning Spear: Ignite spear, increasing damage on all spear attacks.
- Amplifying this causes Scorpion to create a close-range burst of hellfire around him.
- Misery Blade: Begin drawing katana and follow up with several attacks.
- Hate Strike: Raise katana and deal an overhead stab.
- Hamon Sweep: Slashes the opponent's legs.
- Tsuka Poke: Quickly hits his opponent with the butt of his katana.
- Scorpion can also create an illusion of a different attack before striking with the real attack.
- Demon Slam: Gain access to an air grab, throwing down airborne opponents.
- Takedown: Trips the opponent with a leg scissor takedown.
- Flaming Backflip Kick: Flip kick backward with a trail of fire.
- Flame Aura: Summon an aura of flames that burns melee attackers.
- Minion Grab: Summon a minion from below to restrain the opponent's legs.
- Minion Charge: Summon a minion to strike the opponent's back.
- Minion Drop: Summon a minion to perform a dive kick.
- Throw: Scorpion turns his opponent around, then takes his kunai to stab them in the shoulder which forces them to their knees, then in the abdomen and finishing with a sidewards slash which causes the opponent to collapse OR Scorpion grabs the opponent and faces the screen, then kicks them in the knee, breaking it, then teleporting away while leaving behind an afterimage to restrain the opponent before coming back to kick the still standing opponent to the other side.
- Get Over Here: Scorpion launches two spears at the opponent then adds hellfire to the chain's ends. He releases the spears, and the hellfire destroys their torso except for the bone.
- Shirai Ryu Fire: Scorpion teleports behind his airborne opponent and punches their head off with a fiery uppercut.
- Just A Scratch: Scorpion quickdraws his blades from his back, slicing their arms off. The opponent slowly bleeds out before they collapse.
- Nether Flame: Scorpion covers himself in hellfire before throwing a ball of hellfire, making a huge burning hole in the opponent's chest.
- Little Devil: Scorpion summons a demonic minion to restrain the opponent's legs. After a short delay, the demon explodes in a burst of flames. The opponent's body is left in ashes.
- Trial By Fire: Scorpion grabs his opponent and slits their throat and abdomen before blowing up their head with a flame covered fist.
- The Klassic: Scorpion performs an uppercut, but it decapitates them with their spine intact.
- Spine Ripper: Scorpion grabs his opponent then proceeds to break their knee with a kick, snaps their arm with a standing armlock before grabbing them behind the neck to thrust their spine upwards.
- Crispy: Scorpion reveals his flaming skull and breathes hellfire on his opponent, burning them to a skeleton. Their charred skeleton crumbles down into a pile of bones.
- Stinger: Scorpion grabs an airborne opponent then slams them down. He stabs them in the back with his sword before cutting their nape and beheads them.
- Clean Cut: Scorpion executes a rising sword slice before vertically bisecting them with a downwards slice of his sword.
- Beheaded: Scorpion ignites his spear then launches it towards the opponent. He reels them in for a powerful elbow strike that rips their head off, spine included.
- Soul Burn: Scorpion phases through his opponent as a fiery skeleton and grabs them by the neck. He continues to burn them until their flesh melts away.
- Demon's Blood: Scorpion throws two punches to the neck and abdomen. As they reel from the attack, he stabs them in the back with his spear and ties it around the arm and head. He violently heaves the chain, ripping their head and arm off.
- Save Me A Slice: Scorpion teleports behind the opponent and stabs them through the chest. He follows up with a diagonal quick draw slice of his sword, bisecting them diagonally.
- Scorpion Sting: Scorpion teleports underneath some flames and re-appears behind his opponent, punching them in the groin before punching them again in the side of the face, breaking their skull and knocking them down. He walks over and stamps on their chest, cracking and breaking their ribs.
- From Hell: Scorpion flies towards the opponent & grabs them. Firstly, he delivers a knee to the jaw, thus breaking it & sending them flying, next, he fires one spear into the opponent's abdomen and the second one his opponent's skull, fracturing it. Lastly, he violently pulls back, sending his foe headfirst into the ground, breaking their neck.
- Fatal Blow (GET OVER HERE): Scorpion starts the move with an overhead slash. He then slashes them two times before sheathing his blade, and then he stabs the opponent's face with two of his spears. He kicks the opponent to the air then catches them before violently yanking them back to him, setting them up for a kick to the face, impaling his spears even further. The move ends with Scorpion slamming them down face first, fully driving the spear through their skull.
Key: First Tournament | Second Tournament | Elder Gods' Champion | Scorpion-Hanzo | Grandmaster