|“||In exchange for gaining strength, have I lost something more important as a human being? Emotions used to swirl within me when I fought. Fear, impatience, anger… But now… Day after day, after one punch I go home unharmed and wash my gloves.||„|
|“||Limits, you say? But who decides one's limits? And based on what, exactly? You said you worked as hard as you can? Well, then maybe you just need to work a little harder. Is this really the limit of your strength, or could the you of tomorrow beat you today? Instead of giving in, just move forward.||„|
|~ Saitama to Glasses|
|“||100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10 km running. Every single day!!!||„|
|~ Saitama's Training Regimen|
|“||You see, I never wanted to become a salaryman, I wanted to become a Super Hero that blows away stereotypical villains like you... with One Punch.||„|
|~ Saitama to Crabrante|
Saitama is a human from Z-City who; through rigorous (sort of) training broke through his human limiters and achieved unbelievable strength and abilities. Never breaking a sweat, the name One Punch Man is fitting for the effortless wins Saitama has achieved through the series. Never going beyond a simple brawl, his sheer strength, speed, and sower have effortlessly mowed down anyone in his way.
A parody character essentially; Saitama is a play on generic, flamboyant battle manga protagonists, who struggle greatly to achieve victory against overly evil characters. Saitama breaks the trend through his lethargic and typically emotionless personality, combined with massively overwhelming strength. Also, due to his effortless wins through the series, we have yet to see his true, full capabilities; getting slightly more "serious" as the series progresses, he casually puts down any new enemy on his radar.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 9-B | 9-A, up to 7-B, possibly High 6-A | At least 5-C, likely far higher
Name: Saitama, "Caped Baldy"
Origin: One-Punch Man
Classification: Human, B-Class Hero
Powers and Abilities:
- Superhuman Physical Characteristics
- Accelerated Development (Training: Physical Stats. He became ridiculously more powerful during his 3 years of training. Genos theorized that even Saitama himself cannot explain the secret to his power)
- Supernatural Willpower (Was able to break his limiter through sheer willpower and effort alone, despite being just a normal human with no potential)
- Pain Manipulation (Was able to endure through high amounts of pain through his intense training regime, to the point Saitama stated his training regime nearly killed him)
- Psychokinesis (Resisted Tatsumaki's psychic powers, merely describing it as a minor inconvenience)
- All previous abilities, except possibly Accelerated Development (Saitama thought to himself he probably can't get any stronger than he is now)
- Skilled Brawler (He has gained decent experience in combat by fighting a plethora of monsters during his training. Has recently shown great fighting prowess by deflecting the punches of a martial arts master such as Garou)
- Underground Mobility (Outclassed Ground Dragon)
- Acrobatics/Self-Momentum (Could easily dodge bullets from Boros' ship while in the air)
- Enhanced Senses (He possesses a supernatural hearing, being able to hear chatter from bystanders a good distance away even while fighting monsters)
- Afterimage Creation (Created countless afterimages)
- Pseudo-Flight (Could move and change his momentum and keep afloat in the air)
- Air Manipulation/Shockwave Creation (Can create wind pressure of unimaginable power with his attacks)
- Enhanced Lung Capacity (Held his breath in space for an extended period of time)
- Non-Physical Interaction (Could physically interact with Phoenix Man's mental landscape)
- Limited Telepathy (Heard Phoenix Man and Child Emperor's telepathic conversation)
- Overwhelming Aura (Completely scared Carnage Kabuto)
- Water Running (Ran across Evil Ocean Water)
- Ice Manipulation (Instantly broke free from being frozen by Withered Sprout)
- Heat and Fire (Was unfazed by Genos' attacks. Can submerge in lava with no trouble. Was unaffected by Boros' attacks, which could melt entire sections of his ship)
- Durability Negation (No-sold Garou's Extreme Fajin, a mighty strike that targets the internal organs of the opponents, regardless of how tough their bones and flesh are)
Attack Potency: Wall level (Should be superior to his 12-year-old self. Defeated Crablante by tearing out his eye along with the rest of his insides) | Small Building level (Fought Light Pull Cord while severely tired and weakened. After surpassing his limits, he one-shot Light Pull Cord), up to City level (Has saved the world many times, defeating countless mutants, terrorist organizations, and creatures which might include threats on the same scale as the Monster Association Cadres), possibly Multi-Continent level (Tatsumaki's telekinesis was completely ineffective against him, with she and Fubuki stating that Saitama surpassed her powers, and Fubuki comparing him to an Above Dragon-level threat) | At least Moon level (Effortlessly overpowered Post-Sage Centipede Garou while significantly holding back not to kill him. Blew away Evil Ocean Water. Overwhelmed Boros' Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon with one Serious Punch while holding back. Overpowered Orochi's Gaia Cannon and casually one-shot him. Created an immense crater on the moon by jumping from it), likely far higher (Saitama is likely way more powerful than this depiction of his current feats, since he has ended every battle thus far effortlessly. Stated that he could obliterate the whole planet if he felt like it.)
Speed: Superhuman (Can outpace Crabrante) | Supersonic+ (Early into his training, he became fast enough to save a child from being ran over at the last second), up to possibly Relativistic+ (Nearing the peak of his training, he allegedly managed to outrace his own reflection in a mirror. However, the legitimacy of this feat is yet unconfirmed) | At least FTL, likely far higher (Considerably faster than Post-Sage Centipede Garou. With just one hand, he easily deflected the attacks of a fourth-armed Garou)
Lifting Strength: Superhuman (Strong enough to tear out Crabrante's insides) | At least Superhuman (Battled monsters like Light Pull Cord, who is able to throw cars and trucks), up to possibly Class P (Stated by Tatsumaki to have surpassed her powers) | At least Class Z, likely far higher (Significantly stronger than Post-Sage Centipede Garou, who displaced multiple kilometers of the Earth's crust)
Striking Strength: Wall Class | Small Building Class, up to City Class, possibly Multi-Continent Class | At least Moon Class, likely far higher
Durability: Wall level (As a 12-year-old, he was able to survive a tackle from Piggy Bancon that left a large crater. Took multiple attacks from Crablante, who could fracture concrete) | Small Building level, up to City level, possibly Multi-Continent level (Took Tatsumaki's psychic powers with barely any inconvenience) | At least Moon level (Effortlessly endured Post-Sage Centipede Garou's Extreme Fa Jin strike without a scratch), likely far higher (He has never been shown to be damaged after finishing his training)
Stamina: Superhuman (Endured the pain of multiple strikes from Crabrante) | Superhuman (Able to tolerate great amounts of pain through his relentless training regimen. His training was so hard that it almost ended up killing him) | Unknown (He has not exerted himself even once so far after completing his training)
Range: Standard melee range, Extended melee range with Tie | Standard melee range, Unknown with Shockwaves | Standard melee range, At least Planetary with Shockwaves (His Serious Punch split the sky in a global scale)
Intelligence: At least Average (Saitama seems to be single-minded at times, chasing a mosquito relentlessly even after sustaining a blast that destroyed his clothing completely. Additionally, he is lacking academically, only barely passing the hero exam due to his poor score on the written exam. However, Saitama seems to have some experience in fighting techniques and is an excellent brawler in combat, pressuring his opponents relentlessly if he goes more serious. He displays great control over his speed and strength, stopping his fist within a hair's breadth of Genos' face to avoid hurting him and generally holding back in fights to prolong them. Saitama has been shown to be a good judge of character, being able to tell people's real motives, such as those of Garou and Fubuki quite quickly.)
Weaknesses: He doesn't take anything seriously initially and tends to hold back to possibly prolong a fight.
Feats from the webcomic are marked with (W).
- Killed Crablante by pulling his organs inside out.
- Killed Vaccine Man in One Punch, a Dragon-level threat.
- Punched a monster's head off.
- Punched through a shelter wall which was said to be able to tank missiles and tanks.
- One Punched Cicada Nymph, a Demon-level threat.
- One Punched Biceps King, sending him flying and destroying City B as collateral.
- Killed Mosquito Girl with a slap.
- Killed Beast King with Consecutive Normal Punches.
- One Punched Carnage Kabuto.
- Broke Hammerhead's battle suit with a tap.
- Turned large cliffs into dust with air pressure from a punch.
- Defeated Speed O' Sound Sonic casually with a blow.
- Destroyed a giant meteor with one punch.
- One Punched Deep Sea King.
- Kicked back a large shell from Boros's ship.
- Punched apart a large door in Boros's ship.
- Killed Geryuganshoop by throwing a rock.
- Broke Boros's armor with a punch.
- Used Consecutive Normal Punches leaving Boros in pieces.
- Saitama used Serious Series: Serious Punch to counter Boros's Collapsing Star Roar cannon Boros' Attack was stated to be planet surface wiping causing Boros's ship great damage and splitting the clouds on the left in two. Boros was defeated after being countered.
- Knocked Suiryu out of the ring with a casual hip strike.
- One punched Evil Natural Water.
- Used Serious Series: Serious Table Flip to launch the rubble of the Monster Association base into the air which is comparable to City Z in size. (W)
- Countered Monster Garou's punch with Serious Series: Serious Headbutt and destroyed his arm. (W)
- Dug out of a chasm quickly. (W)
- Dodged Crablante's attack while carrying the cleft chin boy.
- While on Day 300 of his training, he saved a boy and his dog from being hit by a car.
- Intercepted Vaccine Man's attack on a girl.
- Dodged Beast King's Lion Slash.
- Avoided Lion Slash Meteor Shower Power.
- Caught up to an escaping Earth Dragon immediately.
- Outsped Speed O' Sound Sonic casually.
- Dodged several of Genos's attacks.
- Casually evaded Genos's incineration cannon.
- Still vastly outsped Genos going all out.
- Dodged a point-blank attack from Genos, and appeared immediately behind him.
- Tanked a punch to the back of his head from Deep Sea King.
- Jumped from the moon to Earth and caused Boros's ship to fall.
- Broke Speed O' Sound Sonic's Tenfold Funeral with Serious Series: Serious Sideway Jump.
- Dodged and caught Flashy Flash's "Light Speed Slash." (W)
- Dodged Monster Garou's attacks. (W)
- 12 years old Saitama survived Monster Piggie Bank ramming him into a wall, Piggie is a Wolf-level threat.
- Took an attack from Crablante and stood back up immediately.
- Got sent flying through a truck into a wall by a punch from, Incarnation of Electric Light String, a Tiger-level threat.
- Got hit by Incarnation of Electric Light String's Sting Rush and got back up and one punched him.
- Tanked all of Bicep Kings' attacks, just one punch from him destroyed City D.
- Tanked all of Carnage Kabuto's attacks.
- Tanked telekinetic shower of rubble from Geryuganshoop.
- Got punched and sent flying through two pillars by Boros.
- Tanked Boros's blast of energy.
- Got punched by Meteoric Burst mode Boros, causing mass destruction of Boros's ship.
- Got kicked to the moon by Boros and tanked it.
- Held his breath on the moon.
- Resisted being frozen by Withered Sprout.
- Tatsumaki was unable to move him with her powers. (W)
- Normal Punch: Saitama throws a simple punch. A casual punch was powerful enough to completely destroy a meteor that would have leveled the city.
- Consecutive Normal Punches: Saitama launches a volley of quick, single handed punches from his right. These blows are powerful enough to blow strong or large body types apart.
- Serious Punch: Saitama throws an extremely powerful punch. This punch is shown to completely negate and destroy a beam capable of wiping out a planet's surface. The shockwave from the punch was powerful enough to part clouds on a global scale.
- Serious Consecutive Side Hops: Saitama hops from side to side rapidly. Doing so allows him to create a multitude of afterimages. He can walk forward while doing so and the shockwave caused by it was enough to break Sonic's Ten Shadows Burial.
- Serious Table Flip: Saitama flips the entire battlefield into the air. Flipped the Monster Association Base during his fight with Garou.
- Serious Headbutt: Saitama headbutts the opponent with great force. Casually destroyed one of Garou's monster forms with this attack.
- Serious Squirt Gun: Saitama uses his hands to squirt lava, acting as a super high-pressured stream of liquid. This move was capable of overpowering Orochi's Gaia Cannon, an extremely powerful attack which drew energy from the very core of the Earth itself.
Key: Pre-Training | During Training | Post-Training
- Refrain from trying to scale anyone from Saitama's attacks, as he is the verse's god-tier and the results of his strikes can be inconsistent, even with his "Serious Attacks".
- Bug-Eaten (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure) Bug-Eaten's Profile (Post-Training Saitama was used. Speed was equalized)
- Korosensei (Assassination Classroom) Korosensei's Profile (Pre-Training Saitama and The Reaper Korosensei were used. Speed was equalized)
- Hector Doyle (Grappler Baki) Hector's Profile (During Training Saitama was used. Speed was equalized)
- Senku Ishigami (Dr. Stone) Senku's Profile (Pre-Training Saitama was used, and Dr. Stone had 2 hours of preparation)
- Yoshikage Kira (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure) Kira's Profile (Post-Training Saitama and Base Kira were used. Speed was equalized)
- Thanos (Marvel Cinematic Universe) Thanos' Profile (Post-Training Saitama and Thanos with the Complete Infinity Gauntlet were used. Speed was equalized)
- One-Punch Man Chapter 77
|Discussion threads involving Saitama|