|“||In exchange for gaining strength, have I lost something more important as a human being? Emotions used to swirl within me when I fought. Fear, impatience, anger… But now… Day after day, after one punch I go home unharmed and wash my gloves.||„|
|“||Limits, you say? But who decides one's limits? And based on what, exactly? You said you worked as hard as you can? Well, then maybe you just need to work a little harder. Is this really the limit of your strength, or could the you of tomorrow beat you today? Instead of giving in, just move forward.||„|
|~ Saitama to the B-Class Hero Glasses|
|“||You see, I never wanted to become a salaryman, I wanted to become a Super Hero that blows away stereotypical villains like you... with One Punch.||„|
|~ Saitama to Crabrante after realizing his true goal in life.|
|“||100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10 km running. Every single day!!!||„|
|~ Saitama stating his training regimen.|
Saitama is a human from Z-City who; through rigorous (sort of) training broke through his human limiters and achieved unbelievable strength and abilities. Never breaking a sweat, the name One Punch Man is fitting for the effortless wins Saitama has achieved through the series. Never going beyond a simple brawl, his sheer strength, speed, and sower have effortlessly mowed down anyone in his way.
A parody character essentially; Saitama is a play on generic, flamboyant battle manga protagonists, who struggle greatly to achieve victory against overly evil characters. Saitama breaks the trend through his lethargic and typically emotionless personality, combined with massively overwhelming strength. Also, due to his effortless wins through the series, we have yet to see his true, full capabilities; getting slightly more "serious" as the series progresses, he casually puts down any new enemy on his radar.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 9-B | 9-A, up to at least 8-B | At least Low 5-B
Name: Saitama, "Caped Baldy"
Origin: One-Punch Man
Classification: Human, A-Class Hero
Powers and Abilities:
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Accelerated Development (Training; Physical Stats. Became ridiculously stronger during his training. Genos theorized that even Saitama himself cannot explain the secret to his power), Supernatural Willpower (Was able to break his limiter through sheer will and effort alone, despite being just a regular human) and Resistance to Pain Manipulation (Was able to endure through high amounts of pain through his intense training regime, to the point Saitama stated his training regime nearly killed him)
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Acrobatics/Self-Momentum (Could easily dodge bullets from Boros' ship while in the air), Enhanced Senses, Afterimage Creation (Created countless afterimages), Pseudo-Flight (Could move and change his momentum and keep afloat in the air, Air Manipulation and Shockwave Creation with his attacks), Non-Physical Interaction (Was able to physically interact with Phoenix Man's spiritual/mind plane), Limited Telepathy (Heard Phoenix Man and Child Emperor's mental conversation), Heat and Fire Resistance (Was unfazed by Genos' attacks. Can submerge in lava with no trouble. Was unaffected by Boros' attacks, which could melt entire sections of his ship), Resistance to Ice Manipulation (Instantly broke free from being frozen by Withered Sprout), Overwhelming Aura (Completely scared Carnage Kabuto), Can hold his breath in space for an extended period of time
Attack Potency: Wall level (Should at least be comparable to himself as a 12 years old child) | Small Building level (Survived two blows from Personification Of A Light Pull Cord), up to at least City Block level (After breaking his limiter and going through the process of fully removing it, became strong enough to effortlessly one shot both Light Pull Cord and even 170,000 Year Magicicada Nymph) | At least Small Planet level (Casually overpowered Orochi's Gaia Cannon, overpowered Boros' Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon attack while holding back significantly[note 1])
Speed: Superhuman (Outsped Crabrante) | Supersonic (Accomplished this feat) | At least Relativistic+ (Far faster than Flashy Flash. Blitzed Boros casually), possibly at least FTL (Casually intercepted Geryuganshoop's pitches at this speed)
Striking Strength: Wall Class | Small Building Class, up to at least City Block Class | At least Small Planet Class
Stamina: Unknown (Has not exerted himself even once so far)
Range: Standard melee range. Tiny bit more with Tie | Standard melee range | Standard melee range with punches. At least Planetary with shockwaves
Standard Equipment: Tie (Used this to rip out Crablante's guts through its eye socket) | None notable | None notable
Intelligence: Average. Saitama seems to be single-minded at times, chasing a mosquito relentlessly even after sustaining a blast that destroyed his clothing completely. Due to his laid-back attitude, he lacks any sort of refinement in his techniques and is primarily a brawler in combat, simply punching a target until they're blown to pieces (which he usually does not need due to his overwhelming power). Additionally, he is lacking academically, only barely passing the hero exam due to his poor score on the written exam. Nevertheless, he displays great control over his speed and strength, stopping his fist within a hair's breadth of Genos' face to avoid hurting him and generally holding back in fights to prolong them. He has shown to be a good judge of character, however, being able to tell people's real motives (such as Garou and Fubuki) quite quickly
Weaknesses: He doesn't take anything seriously initially, and tends to hold back to possibly prolong a fight. Saitama has no true martial arts training, as he simply just fights.
Feats from the webcomic are marked with (W).
- Killed Crablante by pulling his organs inside out.
- Killed Vaccine Man in One Punch, a Dragon level threat.
- Punched a monster's head off.
- Punched through a shelter wall which was said to be able to tank missiles and tanks.
- One Punched Cicada Nymph, a demon level threat.
- One Punched Biceps King, sending him flying and destroying City B as collateral.
- Killed Mosquito Girl with a slap.
- Killed Beast King with Consecutive Normal Punches.
- One Punched Carnage Kabuto.
- Broke Hammerhead's battle suit with a tap.
- Turned large cliffs into dust with air pressure from a punch.
- Defeated Speed O' Sound Sonic casually with a blow.
- Destroyed a giant meteor with one punch.
- One Punched Deep Sea King.
- Kicked back a large shell from Boros's ship.
- Punched apart a large door in Boros's ship.
- Killed Geryuganshoop by throwing a rock.
- Broke Boros's armor with a punch.
- Used Consecutive Normal Punches leaving Boros in pieces.
- Saitama used Serious Series: Serious Punch to counter Boros's Collapsing Star Roar cannon Boros' Attack was stated to be planet surface wiping causing Boros's ship great damage and splitting the clouds on the left in two. Boros was defeated after being countered.
- Knocked Suiryu out of the ring with a casual hip strike.
- One punched Evil Natural Water.
- Used Serious Series: Serious Table Flip to launch the rubble of the Monster Association base into the air which is comparable to City Z in size. (W)
- Countered Monster Garou's punch with Serious Series: Serious Headbutt and destroyed his arm. (W)
- Dug out of a chasm quickly. (W)
- Dodged Crablante's attack while carrying the cleft chin boy.
- While on Day 300 of his training, he saved a boy and his dog from being hit by a car.
- Intercepted Vaccine Man's attack on a girl.
- Dodged Beast King's Lion Slash.
- Avoided Lion Slash Meteor Shower Power.
- Caught up to an escaping Earth Dragon immediately.
- Outsped Speed O' Sound Sonic casually.
- Dodged several of Genos's attacks.
- Casually evaded Genos's incineration cannon.
- Still vastly outsped Genos going all out.
- Dodged a point-blank attack from Genos, and appeared immediately behind him.
- Tanked a punch to the back of his head from Deep Sea King.
- Jumped from the moon to Earth and caused Boros's ship to fall.
- Broke Speed O' Sound Sonic's Tenfold Funeral with Serious Series: Serious Sideway Jump.
- Dodged and caught Flashy Flash's "Light Speed Slash." (W)
- Dodged Monster Garou's attacks. (W)
- 12 years old Saitama survived Monster Piggie Bank ramming him into a wall, Piggie is a wolf level threat.
- Took an attack from Crablante and stood back up immediately.
- Got sent flying through a truck into a wall by a punch from, Incarnation of Electric Light String, a tiger level threat.
- Got hit by Incarnation of Electric Light String's Sting Rush and got back up and one punched him.
- Tanked all of Bicep Kings' attacks, just one punch from him destroyed City D.
- Tanked all of Carnage Kabuto's attacks.
- Tanked telekinetic shower of rubble from Geryuganshoop.
- Got punched and sent flying through two pillars by Boros.
- Tanked Boros's blast of energy.
- Got punched by Meteoric Burst mode Boros, causing mass destruction of Boros's ship.
- Got kicked to the moon by Boros and tanked it.
- Held his breath on the moon.
- Resisted being frozen by Withered Sprout.
- Tatsumaki was unable to move him with her powers. (W)
- Normal Punch: Saitama throws a simple punch. A casual punch was powerful enough to completely destroy a meteor that would have leveled the city.
- Consecutive Normal Punches: Saitama launches a volley of quick, single handed punches from his right. These blows are powerful enough to blow strong or large body types apart.
- Serious Strike: Saitama throws an extremely powerful punch. This punch is shown to completely negate and destroy a beam capable of wiping out a planet's surface. The shockwave from the punch was powerful enough to part clouds on a global scale.
- Serious Consecutive Side Hops: Saitama hops from side to side rapidly. Doing so allows him to create a multitude of afterimages. He can walk forward while doing so and the shock wave caused by it was enough to break Sonic's Ten Shadows Burial.
- Serious Table Flip: Saitama flips the entire battlefield into the air. Flipped the Monster Association Base during his fight with Garou.
- Serious Headbutt: Saitama headbutts the opponent with great force. Casually destroyed one of Garou's monster forms with this attack.
- Serious Squirt Gun (マジ水鉄砲, Maji Mizudeppō): Saitama uses his hands to squirt lava, acting as a super high-pressured stream of liquid. This move was capable of overpowering Orochi's Gaia Cannon, an extremely powerful attack which drew energy from the very core of the Earth itself.
Key: Pre-Training | During Training | Post-Training
- Saitama is likely far stronger than this depiction of his current feats since he has ended every fight thus far effortlessly
- Refrain from trying to scale anyone else from Saitama’s attacks, as he is the verse’s god tier and the results of his attacks can be inconsistent.
|Discussion threads involving Saitama|