Sage Monarch/Sheng Wang (圣王) is a cultivation novel written by Divine Dreamwalker. The novel is categorized as a Xuanhuan, it mixes daoism with western elements.
The plot follows Yang Qi, a being who was never meant to be born.
Betrayed and possessed, Yang Qi sets his heart towards cultivation, revenge and elevating his clan's power. Through him the scope of things slowly expand, from only being able to cause small waves in his region, conquering his world, planetary system, immortal worlds, to even lifting entire starry skies, etc...
Power of the Verse
The verse starts off with basic Energy Manipulation, Energy Projection. The verse then moves onto more profound and complex moves that grant the user more AP, to then land itself on Law Manipulation and other haxes. Law manipulations include feats such as; changing/creating laws, law destruction, absorption, powernull and crystallization.
The series is ongoing but so far has displayed abilities such as:
Mind Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, Sealing, Void Manipulation, Power Nullification, Energy Absorption, Memory Manipulation, Death Manipulation, Reality Warping, Possession, Curse Manipulation, Life Manipulation, Transmutation, Telekinesis, Fate Manipulation, space-time manipulation Time Manipulation, Time Stop, etc...
- Constitutions. There are 3 thousand special constitutions that you can either be born with or gain within the verse. A few examples are, Fateless One; One who was never meant to be and as the name suggests, this person is fateless. Future One; One bathed by space-time through travelling to the past, killing them would only send them back to their timeline. Past One; Also bathed in space-time and would only return to their timeline if killed. Reincarnated One; Someone in the cycle of reincarnation who can awaken their previous state of power in their past life.
- Dao (道 dào) – the origin and source of all things. It can be translated in many different ways, including The Way / Road / Path / Method. According to Daoism, it is the absolute principle underlying the universe, combining within itself the principles of Yin and Yang and signifying the way, or code of behavior, that is in harmony with the natural order. In these novels, characters often try to gain insights into the Dao, which can give them supernatural powers or even control over the natural world.
- Six Paths of Reincarnation (六道轮回 liùdào lúnhuí) – in the cycle of reincarnation, it is possible to be reborn as either a  Deva,  Asura,  Human,  Animal,  Hungry Ghost or  a Tormented Being in Hell.
- Note: Devas & Asuras are reborn in the Heaven Realm, Humans & Animals are reborn in the Mortal Realm, and Hungry Ghosts & Hell-beings are reborn in the Earth Realm.
- Karma (业 yè) (缘 yuán) (因果 yīnguǒ) (功德 gōngdé) – cosmic merit or demerit accumulated throughout one’s life based on one’s deeds. Determines which type of reincarnation (out of the Six Paths) they will experience in their next life. Some novels expand on this concept and have Karma affect even the daily lives of the characters or bind certain characters together through karmic ties/relationships.
- Yin & Yang (阴阳 yīnyáng) – the duality present in all aspects of the universe. For instance: Yin is Female / Soft / Death / Dark / the Moon, while Yang is Male / Hard / Life / Light / the Sun – the comparisons are endless. Yin & Yang describe how opposite or contrary forces are actually complementary, interconnected, and interdependent in the natural world, and how they mutually give rise to each other.
- Five Elements (五行 wǔxíng) – Wood (木 mù), Fire (火 huǒ), Earth (土 tǔ), Metal (金 jīn), & Water (水 shuǐ). The fundamental elements which compose everything in the universe. They have a detailed cyclic relationship, and each of them have several symbolic meanings. Somewhat analogous to the Western Four Elements.
- Qi (气 qì) – the vital energy which exists in all things. The cultivation of Qi is a major theme in Wuxia, Xianxia & Xuanhuan novels.
- Qi is sometimes written as “Ki” or “Chi”. It can be translated in many different ways, including Breath / Vital Breath / Pneuma / Vital Energy / Spiritual Energy. (etc…)
- Spiritual Energy of Heaven and Earth (天地之气 tiāndì zhī qì) – the natural energy of the world.
Sage Monarch Heaven
|Discussion threads involving Sage Monarch|