Saber is a Saber-class Servant Ritsuka Fujimaru can summon in the Grand Orders of Fate/Grand Order. His human self is an ally in the Orleans Singularity.
Saber's True Name is Gilles de Rais, a national hero of France who served under the famed Saint of Orleans, Jeanne d'Arc. However, under normal circumstances, his heroic aspects are lost due to his later atrocities that inspired the legend of Bluebeard. Even now he is on the verge of insanity, unsure of when he'll finally snap and turn into his later identity as an infamous seeker of the occult.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 6-C, higher with Saint War Order and Prelati's Enhancement
Name: Saber, Gilles de Rais
Origin: Fate/Grand Order
Age: 35 at the time of his death
Classification: Heroic Spirit, Saber-class Servant
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Vehicular Mastery, Expert Swordsman, Limited Power Nullification with Magic Resistance, Rage Power and Berserk Mode with Mad Enhancement, Animal Manipulation with Riding and Servant Physiology
Attack Potency: Island level (Fought alongside Jeanne d'Arc in life and has B-Rank Strength), higher with Saint War Order and Prelati's Encouragement (Each offers a rank up to his Strength parameter equal to Mad Enhancement)
Speed: Massively Hypersonic (Has C-rank agility and should be able to keep up with most Servants in combat)
Striking Strength: Island Class, higher with Saint War Order and Prelati's Encouragement
Stamina: High (Servants can fight for an entire day without rest and continue fighting for as long as they have mana)
Range: Extended melee range with his sword
Standard Equipment: His sword and armor, Prelati's Spellbook
Intelligence: As a commander serving directly under Jeanne d'Arc, Gilles has a wealth of experience commanding armies, especially offensive sieges. As a Saber-class Servant, he is also superhumanly skilled with a sword compared to anyone in the modern day. However, his skill pales in comparison to more famous Sabers like King Arthur.
Weaknesses: Cannot fight in Spirit Form. Using Prelati's Encouragement for too long or using Prelati's Spellbook will drive Gilles insane and turn him into the insane murderer he was at the end of his life. Using Saint War Order compels him to continue attacking until his opponent is silenced.
Now is the time to advance! Saint War Order!
|~ Gilles using his Noble Phantasm|
Saint War Order: Rally Upon the Holy Banner and Roar: The Noble Phantasm of Gilles as a Saber. He brandishes the battle standard of Jeanne d'Arc to recreate the most brilliant point in his life while serving under her flag, gaining a rank up to all of his parameters. He also gets an additional bonus to his attack damage, but he will be automatically compelled to continue fighting until his enemy is silenced due to gaining effects similar to that of Mad Enhancement.
Prelati's Spellbook: Gilles possesses the same eldritch tome used by his Caster counterpart, allowing him to summon familiars in the shape of cosmic horrors by offering human sacrifices. But doing so will immediately plunge Gilles into insanity, reverting him into his Caster form and causing him to lose his Noble Phantasm in this class.
- Mad Enhancement: The signature Class skill of Berserker-class Servants. Though he is reasonable and capable of coherent thought and able to converse with others, Gilles possesses an EX-Rank in this skill due to the special nature of his summoning and his infamy as the legend that inspired Bluebeard.
- Magic Resistance: An innate ability that grants protection against magical effects. Unlike the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Gilles B-rank Magic Resistance cancels spells with a chant below three verses, making it difficult for even High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals to affect him.
- Riding: The ability to ride mounts. Gilles possesses a B-Rank in this skill, allowing him to ride virtually any modern vehicle or mount with expert skill to superhuman speeds.
- Golden Rule: A skill granted to those who are destined to amass vast fortunes and treasure. Gilles possesses a B-Rank in this skill due to his enormous fortune and territory in life.
- Military Tactics: The ability to use one's tactical knowledge to one's advantage in group-based battles. It provides bonuses when utilizing or facing an attack on the level of an Anti-Army Noble Phantasm. Due to acting as Jeanne's assistant on many of her exploits in their life, Gilles possesses a C-Rank in this skill. Additionally, he gains a pronounced bonus when participating in an offensive siege.
- Prelati's Encouragement: A skill in which Francois Prelati offers Gilles his encouragement, raising Gilles's strength through magecraft, at the cost of Gilles' memories of his life after his death becoming more distinct, driving him closer and closer to insanity.