|Pre-Timeskip • Post-Timeskip|
|“||You've underestimated me, snow woman. When you thought you couldn't beat me, you should have run. Of course, there are things that I don't wanna cut. But... let me ask you something. Have you ever seen a fierce animal you were sure would never bite? I haven't.||„|
|~ Zoro to Monet|
Roronoa Zoro, also known by his epithet “Pirate Hunter”, is the premier swordsman of the Straw Hat Pirates and a member of the Monster Trio. Recruited as a mildly notorious bounty hunter (hence his “Pirate Hunter” moniker), he is a monstrously powerful man who doesn’t wield the power of a Devil Fruit, using a unique Santoryu Sword Style in a battle of his own creation, wielding a sword in each hand along with one in the mouth. Zoro mostly drinks and sleeps in his spare time (when he is not busy training to get stronger), but can become such a real demon in battle that many people often wondered why someone of his strength isn't the captain. Whenever he engages in a serious fight, he tends to tie a bandana around his head. Also, he has a horrible sense of direction.
Similar to Luffy’s goal, Zoro wishes to become the greatest swordsman in the world as a promise to his childhood rival Kuina, whom he wanted to win against but never could because she died in an accident. Unlike Luffy, however, he needs only to defeat Dracule “Hawk Eyes” Mihawk, the current greatest swordsman in the world, to do so. He actually meets up with Mihawk fairly early in the story, but failed to land even a single hit and was effortlessly defeated by Mihawk for his trouble. However, the man held back just enough to leave Zoro alive and told him to challenge him again when he was ready.
In a strange twist of events, after the Sabaody Island Incident, he is trained by Mihawk, the adversary he swore he'd defeat someday, for two years to become a stronger swordsman to protect his crew. For giving up his pride for the sake of others impresses Mihawk enough to agree. From his training with him, he finally learned how to turn his swords into Black Blades too (Busoshoku Haki, his specialty) as well learn Kenbunshoku Haki.
Mainly because of his strength and for going alongside Luffy's battles, Zoro is counted as a member of "The Worst Generation" like his captain.
After the time skip and events of Dressrosa, his third and current bounty is 320,000,000 berries.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 7-A with Ittoryu, higher with Nitoryu, even higher with Santoryu, High 7-A with Busōshoku Haki, far higher with Asura | High 7-A, far higher with Busōshoku Haki, even higher with Asura
Name: Roronoa Zoro, epithet “Pirate Hunter”
Origin: One Piece
Classification: Human, Swordsman of the Straw Hat Pirates, Supernova, Former Bounty Hunter
Powers and Abilities:
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Master Swordsman, Enhanced Senses (Can consistently react to attacks not in his line of sight, Figured out the magistrate was the killer he was being framed for when he smelled blood on him), Supernatural Willpower (Can survive and shrug off wounds and pain that are incredibly lethal, can also utilize his own willpower to form tangible illusions), Haki (Intermediate Kenbunshoku, Advanced Busoshoku), Reactive Power Level (He gets stronger as he fights stronger opponents), Air Manipulation (Can throw ranged slashes and tornadoes, composed of highly pressurized air), Limited Danmaku via Kokujo: O Tatsumaki (Those caught in it are cut by dozens of ranged slashes composed in a constant swirling tornado), Damage Boost (Through Goken he is capable of cutting people and objects he normally couldn't with his regular attacks), Information Analysis (Can deduce how certain abilities work, find his opponents strengths and weakness, and could analyze a sword to tell it was cursed without prior knowledge. Capable of sensing the "Breath" of all things, allowing him to know the trajectory of something's movements before it happens as well as it's location despite not being visible to him. By doing so he can determine the speed, power and angle of where he should cut at allowing him to cut objects he otherwise couldn't with strength alone), Regeneration (Low, likely Mid-Low; he lost 5 liters of blood and recovered in 2 days, despite the recovery being diagnosed to take 2 years to recover from), Martial Arts, Attack Reflection via Mutōryū (Capable of altering the trajectory of his opponents body, allowing him to fling his opponents into each other), Accelerated Development (Battle and training; physical stats), Acrobatics (Hypermobility, All-Terrain Mobility, Self-Momentum and Surface Running), Minor Adaptation (Adapted to the oxygen shortage), Aura, Illusion Creation, Fear Manipulation & Paralysis Inducement (His aura produces an incredible amount of bloodlust, can instill fear into his opponent and cause paralysis. He uses his aura to form tangible illusions), Body Control (Can increase the muscles in his arms at will), Statistics Amplification (Via increasing the muscle mass of his arms to briefly enhance his strength and with Ausra which raises his attacking power and durability), Extrasensory Perception (Through sensing the breath of someone or an object he can know their location despite not being visible to him), Analytical Prediction (Predicted T-Bones Bird of Prey and multiple attacks from Kaku. Through sensing the breath of someone or an object he can know the trajectory of their actions before it happens), Limited Durability Negation and Fire Manipulation (Via Flying Dragon: Blaze; Can cause wounds caused by Flying Dragon Blaze to set ablaze and burn opponents from the inside)
Resistance to Fire Manipulation and Heat Manipulation (Unaffected by the flames engulfing him. Barely fazed by Punk Hazard's environment which was caused by Akainu and Aokiji), Cold Temperatures (On the wintry Drum Island, Zoro trained his body by swimming in the freezing cold water and meditating. Barely fazed by Punk Hazard's environment which was caused by both Akainu and Aokiji), Pain Manipulation (Has an extremely high pain tolerance, able to withstand extensive beatings, impalement's, as well as take on all of the pain and fatigue Luffy endured during the entirety of Thriller Bark despite being severely injured himself... and remain conscious and standing) and Fear Manipulation (unaffected by Mihawk's aura), Minor Resistance to Sleep Manipulation and Poison Manipulation (Was unaffected by the poison and razor blades Sanji put in Zoro's lunch and digested it without any issue. In Wano he ate polluted fish from Wano's rivers and only got a stomachache), Madness Manipulation, Mind Manipulation and Soul Manipulation via Willpower (Through sheer willpower they can resist losing their mind when absorbing shadows through the Kage Kage no Mi. Shadows belonging to strong willed people are difficult to control, allowing them to rebel against Moria's pact which usually immediately submits a shadow to his supremacy and orders. Spiritual energy is contained within one's soul/life; this energy is represented by the fighting power or the Haki itself. Those with strong souls, which are homologous to shadows, resist the effects of Brook's soul manipulation)
Same as before, Haki (Advanced Haoshoku, Intermediate Kenbunshoku, Advanced Busoshoku), Technique Mimicry (Copied Kin'emon's Fire-Fox Style), Fire Manipulation (Via Fire-Fox style. Zoro can cut apart and generate fire), Pseudo-Flight (With Clear Lance he smacks the air hard enough to propel himself), Resistance to Energy Absorption (Took his strength and Haki back after the legendary sword Enma drained it from his arm; changed a coastline with a single swing after a single use), Limited Power Nullification and Stamina Absorption (Scaling to other/lesser Haoshoku Haki users who can resist the effects of Seastone to different extents)
Attack Potency: Mountain level with Ittoryu (Pushed back Fujitora with his attack which Doflamingo failed to do), Mountain level+ with Nitoryu (Is two times stronger than Ittoryu. Would have killed Basil Hawkins if not for his ability and matched his amplified Straw-Man. cut down Monet's snow wall, while a smaller one could take the majority of a Gatling Gun from Gear 2nd Luffy w/ Buso), higher with Santoryu (Is three times stronger than Ittoryu. One shot overdosed Hyouzou), Large Mountain level with Busōshoku Haki (Even without Shusui he one-shot Killer who clashed equally against Nitoryu), Large Mountain level+ with Asura (Is three times stronger than his Santoryu w/ Buso) | Large Mountain level (Zoro was capable of slicing through Scratchmen Apoo's Tonfa which could take many blows from Hybrid X Drake and momentarily knocked him out), far higher with Busōshoku Haki, even higher with Asura
Speed: At least Relativistic+ (Alongside Diable Jambe Sanji he blitzed a Pacifista. Blitzed Overdosed Hyouzou who could react to a punch from Gear 2nd Luffy. Kept up with Issho and tracked his fight with Gear 2nd Luffy), far higher with Iai Attacks (Completely blitzed Hody Jones, who could react to his techniques) | At least Relativistic+ (Faster than before), far higher with Iai Attacks (Speedblitzed Scratchmen Apoo and X Drake)
Lifting Strength: Class T (Overpowered Issho's gravity) | At least Class T (Should be stronger than before. Held back a combined attack from Kaido and Big Mom long enough to allow his allies to dodge the attack's otherwise inescapable attack radius)
Striking Strength: Mountain Class with Ittoryu, Mountain Class+ with Nitoryu, higher with Santoryu, Large Mountain Class with Busōshoku Haki, Large Mountain Class+ with Asura | Large Mountain Class, far higher with Busōshoku Haki, even higher with Asura
Durability: Mountain level+ (As a physical fighter, he can withstand the force of his own physical attacks. Can block hits from those who can match his AP), Large Mountain level with Busōshoku Haki, far higher with Asura | Large Mountain level (Scaling from his Attack Potency), far higher with Busōshoku Haki, even higher with Asura
Stamina: Immense, was able to withstand Kuma's Ursus Shock and get up only moments after, in conjunction with this and other beatings he took in the length of the battle against Oz, he also shouldered the strain and fatigue the shadows and Gears had put on Luffy's body (who had fallen asleep by then, as is his custom once he defeats the main villain of the arc) and still managed to remain standing afterward and survive long enough for Chopper to see to his wounds.
His three katanas;
- Meito; Wado Ichimonji: One of the 21 Great Grade Meito. Forged by the legendary Wano swordsmith Shimotsuki Kozaburo and previously owned by his granddaughter and Zoro's friend Kuina; given to Zoro 11 years ago by Kuina's father Koushirou after her untimely death. The only one of Zoro's swords that did not shatter when Zoro first clashed with Mihawk's Supreme Grade sword Yoru.
- Meito; Sandai Kitetsu: A Grade Meito; it is said to be "cursed" and will bring great misfortune upon its owner. Forged by the great Wano swordsmith Tenguyama Hitetsu and given to Zoro two years ago in Loguetown by the arms dealer Ipponmatsu.
- Meito; Shusui: One of the 21 Great Grade Meito and a powerful Black Blade. Famously wielded by the legendary samurai Ryuma and a treasured heirloom in all of Wano Country, it was stolen along with Ryuma's body by Gecko Moria and used by Ryuma's corpse when it became animated into a zombie. Ryuma bestowed it to Zoro after being defeated by the swordsman on Thriller Bark two years ago, and Zoro utilized it as a replacement for Yubashiri. The sword was stolen by Gyukimaru in Wano Country two years later and returned to Ryuma's grave, where Zoro let it remain in exchange for Enma at Hiyori's behest.
Same as before with the exception of Shusui, which was replaced with:
- Meito; Enma: One of the 21 Great Grade Meito. Also forged by Shimotsuki Kozaburo and was originally wielded by the legendary samurai, Kozuki Oden. Oden's daughter, Kozuki Hiyori who inherited Enma bestowed it to Zoro under the promise that he return Shusui to Ryuma's grave. Until the Onigashima Raid in the Wano Country Arc, it was one of the two swords to cut Kaido of the Four Emperors and give him his one scar. Enma has the special trait of drawing out large amounts of the wielder's Ryou.
Weaknesses: Zoro has a very poor sense of direction (i.e. climbing up buildings when told to go north and getting lost in a straight hallway).
To see the full list of techniques click here.
Haki: There are normally two types of Haki regular people can tap into: the Kenbunshoku Haki which allows individuals to sense the presence of others, and Busōshoku Haki which allows individuals to create an invisible armor around them. There is however a third type of Haki, Haōshoku Haki, that only a few individuals can use. Zoro is one of these people.
- Busōshoku Haki (Color of Armaments): Zoro is a specialized user of Busoshoku, displaying Advanced levels of application. His proficiency allows him to imbue his air slashes with Haki and is capable of using hardening on himself, his weapons and a large portion of his own body at once on a whim. His hardening is powerful enough to overpower Pica's own full-body hardening without issue and in the Wano Country Arc Zoro's the only swordsman who tamed the sword Enma other than Kozuki Oden, the sword would drain any normal swordsman's Haki leaving them as a husk. Is able to use "Ryūō", allowing him to project his Haki outwards in the form of invisible barriers.
- Busōshoku: Goken (Color of Armaments: Mighty Blade): Zoro can utilize an application of Armament Haki known as Mighty Blade Swordsmanship which allows him with his swords to cut through the thickest steel when he wishes and at the same time for it not the cut the thinnest of paper. To do this he senses the "Breath" of what he wishes to cut or not cut. When sensing the "Breath" of something he can know the trajectory of it's movement before it happens as well as it's location despite not being visible to him. By doing so he can determine the speed, power and angle of where he should cut. Then by conveying his will into his sword he it allows him to achieve his desire to cut through things he otherwise couldn't with strength alone.
- Busōshoku: Kokuto (Color of Armaments: Black Blade): An advanced application of Armament Haki that he acquired after abstaining from alcohol during his two year training. By infusing this Haki onto his swords he can turn any sword, with the exception of swords already permanently altered by this Haki, into a Black Blade that cannot be damaged, granting his swords unparalleled hardness.
- Haōshoku Haki (Color of the Conquering King): Zoro has display advanced usage of Haoshoku Haki, a very rare form of Haki whose users are stated to have the qualities of a king. He was first noted to have used it by Kaido after the Emperor was struck by Zoro's Kyutoryu attack which was powerful enough to inflict a permanent scar on him. During his battle with King, Zoro realized he possessed it, and ended up using it to knock out multiple low-ranked Beasts Pirates, then "infused" it into his three swords, releasing streams of dark lightning-like energy from them. This imbuement allows him to dramatically increase his attack power as a supplement to his natural physical strength and Busoshoku Haki.
- Kenbunshoku Haki (Color of Observation or Mantra): Zoro has displayed Proficient application of this power, being able to sense the presence of the tonnatta's when others with Kenbunshoku failed to do so and matched the sensory capabilities of those on this level. Is able to see briefly into the future to defend against attacks and is able to sense how powerful others are.
Santōryū (三刀流, literally meaning "Three Sword Style") is a style of sword fighting where the practitioner wields three Katana; one in each hand and one in the mouth. There are many different techniques for this sword style, including high speed attacks, direct hit attacks, and compressed air projectile attacks. Roronoa Zoro is the world-famous swordsman of the Straw Hat Pirates who created this style.
- Rengoku Oni Giri (煉獄鬼斬り, literally meaning "Purgatory Ogre Cutter"): A much stronger version of "Oni Giri", Zoro's signature technique. A three-way simultaneous slashing attack, he crosses his two swords across his chest and places the blade in his mouth horizontally behind them. Zoro then approaches the target at high speeds and cuts through by swinging the swords across his chest, resulting in a descending diagonal-crossing slash from both swords while the mouth blade performs a horizontal cut from either the left or right. Zoro is also capable of performing this technique while facing away from the opponent, waiting for them to approach he suddenly turns around unleashing the attack on the opponent. The effect of this attack leaves an X-shaped stream of blood and generates a powerful shockwave that destroys the surroundings.
- Kokujo: O Tatsumaki (黒縄・大龍巻, literally meaning "Kalasutra: Great Dragon Twister"): A much stronger and more effective version of "Tatsu Maki", where Zoro performs the same action. He spins to create a dragon-like tornado that both slashes and blows away the targets, however while the old version only gave the victims small individual cuts this new version is composed of several dozen ranged slashes that act as an actual whirlwind that cuts up anyone who is caught, and according to Zoro, the whirlwind will chase it's victims to the ends of hell. This new version is also far large than it's previous incarnation as it can even engulf Kaido in his Dragon Form.
- Ul-Tora Gari (極虎狩り, literally meaning "Extreme/Polar Tiger Hunting"): A much stronger version of "Tora Gari", where Zoro does the same movements, he puts his hand swords over his mouth blade and swings them forth in a forward descending slash, similar to his Oni giri the target is left with an X-shaped wound and is blown away by the force of the attack. At close-range, it can also inflict the same type of wounds on two opponent's with just one attack. The aura generated by Zoro seems to be the same as the original Tora Gari, the aura of a tiger's head.
- Senhachiju Pound Ho (千八十煩悩鳳, literally meaning "1080 Pound Cannon"): A much stronger and powerful version of "108 Pound Ho", where Zoro does the same exact movements as before, holding one of his swords horizontally above the shoulder of his sword arm, and then performs a circular swing that launches the air compressed projectile spiraling towards the target, due to using Shusui, the three air compressed projectiles instead fuse and become a larger and more powerful, compressed air projectile. This new variant is far larger than the original as the impact of the blast was comparable in size to Golem Pica's torso.
- Santoryu Ogi: Rokudo no Tsuji (三刀流奥義 六道の辻, literally meaning "Three Sword Style Secret Skill: Crossroad of Six Paths"): An alternative secret technique he developed after two years of training with Mihawk. Zoro manages to bend his body and swing the swords in the form of an inverted "S" shape while performing a vertical spin, slashing the opponent six times simultaneously so fast that he did not seem to move at all. Alternatively against Pica he did the same technique and unleashed six simultaneous flying Slash attacks at once to split the golem's arm. When used in conjucture with Kitsunebi-ryū he split Prometheus the sun into six individual parts just from slashing once horizontally.
- Santoryu Ogi: Sanzen Sekai (三刀流奥義 三・千・世・界, literally meaning "Three Sword Style Secret Skill: Three Thousand Worlds"): Zoro holds two of his swords at an angle against each other and rotates them rapidly while running towards his opponent to create momentum; he then slices up the foe with full speed and power with all three of his swords at once, aligning all three blades to strike at a single spot. As of the pre-timeskip, prior to unlocking Asura, it was Zoro's strongest technique. Zoro has improved his usage of this technique over the timeskip, now being able to prepare it even while hurtling through the air.
- Santoryu Ogi: Ichidai Sanzen Daisen Sekai (三刀流奥義 一大・三千・大千・世界, literally meaning "Three Sword Style Secret Skill: Great Three Thousand Great Thousand Worlds"): An enhanced version of "Sanzen Sekai", he holds his two swords at an angle opposite each other then rapidly spins them while moving towards his opponent to create even more momentum; he then slices the target with all three of his swords at once at a single spot, the resulting cut is so large it split Golem Pica in half and the force was enough to send it's top half flying upwards. When Zoro performs this technique, he recites a mantra before he announces the technique's name: "The nine mountains and eight seas constitute one world! A thousand of them form a small chiliocosm! And when I gather and cube that chiliocosm, there's nothing I can't cut!".
En-Ō Santōryū (閻王三刀流, literally meaning "King of Hell Three Sword Style") is a variant of his regular Santōryū. After Zoro allowed Enma to draw out as much Haki as it could, his three swords were infused with not only Busoshoku Haki but also Haoshoku Haki, dramatically increasing the strength and range of his techniques. Currently he can only maintain this state for a limited amount of time, as the massive consumption of Haki would otherwise prove lethal.
- Rengoku Oni Giri (煉獄鬼斬り, literally meaning "Purgatory Ogre Cutter"): A Haoshoku and Busoshoku-Haki infused variant of his regular Three Sword Style technique "Rengoku Oni Giri", Zoro performs his usual Oni Giri stance, with his two swords crossed across his chest and places the blade in his mouth horizontally behind them. However, unlike previous versions of this technique, he does not charge towards his opponent before performing the slashes. Additionally, the use of both Haoshoku and Busoshoku Haki in this version not only increases the strength of the attack, but the range as a well, effectively turning the close-range slashing technique into a long-range flying slash technique.
- En-Ō Santōryū: Ippyakusanjo Hiryu Jigoku (閻王三刀龍 一百三情飛龍侍極, literally meaning "King of Hell Three Sword Serpent: 103 Mercies Dragon Damnation"): A Haoshoku and Busoshoku-Haki infused long-range technique, Zoro charges at his opponent, leaps into the air, puts his hand swords over his mouth blade, and then swings them in a forward descending slash, in a manner similar to the technique "Tora Gari". All the infused Haki used in the technique is releasaed towards his opponent, creating a long-ranged slash powerful enough to cut through his opponent's attack and still reach all the way towards his opponent.
Nitōryū (二刀流, literally meaning "Two Sword Style") is another related sword/blade-style that Roronoa Zoro developed over the course of his journey, when in situations where his techniques have had to adapt for one reason or another. These are the attacks he uses with two swords. Nitoryu was also Zoro's original fighting style when he began to learn how to wield a sword, before accepting Kuina's sword and practicing Santoryu.
- Nigiri: Toro Samon (弐斬り 登楼砂紋, literally meaning "Two Cutter: Climbing Tower Sand Drawing"): A combination of two former techniques, Toro and Samon, performed from his Nigiri stance. Zoro uses two swords in an upward diagonal slash to send a double air-based projectile attack that cuts his opponent.
- Nanahyakuniju Pound Ho (七百二十煩悩鳳, literally meaning "720 Pound Cannon"): A more powerful version of the 72 Pound Cannon. Holding his two swords horizontally above the shoulder, Zoro then performs a circular swing that launches two air compressed projectiles spiraling towards the target.
- Clear Lance (空狸槍, literally meaning "Sky Raccoon Dog Lance"): Zoro performs a downward slash with two swords, generating a strong shockwave. The shockwave generated is such that it can be used while in midair to stop himself from falling and push himself a great distance, similar to Rokushiki's Geppo or Sanji's Sky Walk.
Ittōryū (一刀流, literally meaning One Sword Style) a style that utilizes attacks with one sword. He mainly fights with one sword when not fighting seriously or when he is using a specialized cutting technique. Early in the series Zoro himself claims that he is "not that good at one-sword techniques", however, overtime he overcame this weakness and becomes proficient with this style.
- Yakkodori (厄港鳥, literally meaning "Disaster Harbor Bird"): Zoro launches from his sword a crescent moon-like projectile of compressed air to the opponent with great speed, similar to 36 Pound Cannon.
- Sanbyakurokuju Pound Ho (三百六十煩悩鳳, literally meaning "360 Pound Cannon"): Zoro delivers a stronger version of his 36 Pound Cannon. To initiate it, Zoro first holds one of his swords horizontally above the shoulder of his sword arm, and then performs a circular swing that launches the air compressed projectile spiraling towards the target.
- Ittoryu Iai: Shi Shishi Sonson (一刀流 ｢居合｣ 死・獅子歌歌, literally meaning "One Sword Style Re-sheath: Death-Lion's Song"): A stronger version of his original "Ittoryu Iai: Shishi Sonson", where Zoro swings his sword in a very quick and powerful unsheathing move to slice his opponent; the reverse grip is still used, though Zoro no longer draws his sword from beside-and-over his head, and instead draws it normally from one of his hips. It was first shown to decapitate the Punk Hazard dwelling dragon; the way Zoro does it is mainly through leaping up into the air with either his own strength (or with outside components such as Usopp's assistance), then uses his mouth's sword to slice up his target in a spiraling wind.
- Daishinkan (大辰撼, literally meaning "Great Dragon Shock"): First used as a finisher move against Monet, Daishinkan consists of Zoro running towards his opponent with Shusui held outstretched in one arm. He then executes a two handed overhead swing that can cut people in half, such as Monet's snow body. The attack resulted in a powerful shockwave that cut through the floor many meters ahead of him. The attack left Monet scared to the point of where she couldn't even control her powers, Even after Zoro was out of her line of sight, she couldn't even control her abilities.
- Baki (馬鬼, literally meaning "Horse Ogre"): After raising his sword above his head, Zoro delivers a powerful vertical slice to his opponent, usually at an angle along with not being as exaggerated as Daishinkan'. This attack can easily slice through solid stone.
- Hiryu: Kaen (飛竜火焔, literally meaning "Flying Dragon: Fire Blaze"): Using one sword wielded in his left hand with his right hand gripping his left wrist for support (or vice-versa), Zoro jumps high up into the air and during the free fall he slashes his opponent. After slashing them, Zoro's opponent then bursts into blue flames from where they were slashed. During his battle on Onigashima, Zoro used a much stronger variation of this attack alongside Enma, when preparing the attack his blade was covered in a black-flame like aura. The attack is now capable of fire based flying slashes, as when the attack missed it still released a flying slash that cut Onigashim's horn. This technique bares a strong resemblance to the the technique Ryuma used to slay a Dragon in Monsters.
Kyūtōryū (九刀流, literally meaning "Nine Swords Style") is the most extreme application of Zoro's spirit projection abilities. With sufficient anger, a dark aura surrounds him as two full apparitions of his body appear on the sides of his real one, giving him the essence of nine swords. Despite its seemingly purely spiritual nature, Zoro's offense and defense increases drastically. This form is used very rarely in canon, being used for the first time after the timeskip against Kaido alongside Busoshoku Haki, which was powerful enough to inflict a permanent scar on him. According to the Emperor, Haoshoku Haki was also involved in it, however, Zoro wasn't aware of this fact himself.
- Kiki Kyutoryu: Ashura (鬼気 九刀流 阿修羅, literally meaning "Ghastly Nine Sword Style: Asura"): The basis for Kyutoryu. Zoro, with his Wado Ichimonji in his mouth and his other two blades held out in front of him, creates an illusion born of his "spirit". To onlookers, it appears as if Zoro gains an additional pair of heads and four more arms, all wielding duplicates of his swords—each appearing twice more, for nine swords total. At the same time, an indistinct, asura-like silhouette forms behind Zoro, the same entity he comes to resemble, described by Kaku as a "three-faced, six-armed demon god".
- Ashura Bakkei: Moja no Tawamure (阿修羅 抜剣 亡者戯, literally meaning "Asura Sword-Drawing: Jest of the Dead"): A powerful Kyutoryu technique that involves both Busōshoku and Haōshoku Haki. Zoro holds Enma out before him, horizontally in his right hand, his other swords held in his left hand and mouth as usual, entering the "Asura" state, with the silhouette behind him clasping two of its six hands. Haki begins emanating from Zoro as he imbues his blades with it, turning them black. He then, readying his blades, attempts to push past his opponent, once done cutting them with incredible force.
Kitsunebi-ryu (狐火流, literally meaning "Fox-Fire Style"): During the battle against Kaido and Big Mom, Zoro has proven to be capable of utilizing Kitsunebi-ryu, a sword style employed by the samurai and leader of the Nine Red Scabbard, Kin'emon, which allows one to cut through fire. Using this, he could cut through Big Mom's sun Homie, Prometheus. Zoro has noted that he "stole" it from Kin'emon, meaning that he learned it through observing him.
- Homura Saki (焔裂き, literally meaning "Flame Split"): Zoro uses his sword to slice an incoming fire attacks Zoro uses this technique to split the homie Prometheus in half. In the VIZ manga, this is called Blaze Slice, and later Flame-Rend. In the Funimation sub, this is called Flame Split.
- Homura Saki: Rokudo no Tsuji (焔裂き 六道の辻, literally meaning "Flame Split: Crossing of the Six Paths"): Using Santoryu's Rokudo no Tsuji and Homura Saki together, Zoro continuously cuts flames into several small pieces within seconds. It was first used against Prometheus, rendering it weakened for a considerable time by increasing the effort it needed to reform.
Key: Fishman Island Arc to Early Wano Country Arc | Post-Training/Siege of Onigashima
Notes: Named "Zolo" in the 4kids dub. He is not to be confused with the fictional Californian vigilante and swordsman Zorro.
|Discussion threads involving Roronoa Zoro (Post-Timeskip)|