|“||In a galaxy wreathed in darkness, we must be the light. In a time when the tides of despair rise high, we must rise higher still. In an age where reason and hope are put to flight, we must stand firm. For we are the Blades of the Emperor, His Weapons of Justice, His Agents of Deliverance and Vengeance both. We are the Adeptus Astartes, the Angels of Death, and we must reign victorious, no matter the cost.||„|
|~ Roboute Guilliman, First Address on Terra|
‘The Phase of Acquisition, or preparatory condition, is a vital segment of any successful prosecution. Though a warrior must be prepared to battle reactively without notice or forewarning, it is when he prepares and plans for war, and accommodates the specifics of his adversary into those plans, that he is most successful… This is war as craft or science, as I have remarked before. Often the fight is won before the first shot has been fired, or even before notice of the first shot has been given.’
|~ Guilliman, Notes Towards Martial Codification, 7.3.ii|
Millennia have passed. Thousands of years, and look what has become of them. Of us. Idolatry. Ignorance. Suffering and squalor, in the name of a god who never desired the title.
|~ Roboute on his resurrection and the current state of the Galaxy.|
- "They shall be pure of heart and strong of body, untainted by doubt and unsullied by self-aggrandizement. They will be bright stars upon the firmament of battle, angels of death whose shining wings bring swift annihilation to the enemies of Man. So it shall be for a thousand times a thousand years, unto the very end of eternity and the extinction of mortal flesh."
- - Excerpt from the Codex Astartes
Roboute Guilliman is the Primarch of the Ultramarines Legion, leader of the Indomitus Crusade, and current Lord Commander of the Imperium. Raised on the world of Macragge, Guilliman was a natural born strategist, statesman, and warrior. He was among the nine Primarchs who stood by their father during the catastrophic events of the Horus Heresy. Even after the Emperor fell, Guilliman continued to act as both a guide to his legion and moral beacon for the Imperium as a whole until he was mortally wounded by his now twisted brother Fulgrim at the Battle of Thessala.
Dying and unable to be healed due to the nature of the chaos-tainted blades that laid him low, Guilliman was put into stasis indefinitely in the hopes that one day his Legion might find a way to restore him to his former glory. During the 13th Black Crusade at the close of M41, the fallen Primarch was resurrected by the technological prowess of Archmagos Dominus Belisarius Cawl combined with blessings from the Aeldari god Ynnead. Now stronger than he has ever been, Guilliman returns to a ravaged galaxy in its darkest hour, determined to lead mankind and all who shall stand with it into a future free of the threat of Chaos.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 4-B | At least 4-B, possibly higher
Name: Roboute Guilliman, "Great One", "The Avenging Son", "The Master of Ultramar", "The Blade of Unity", "The Victorious"
Origin: Warhammer 40,000
Age: Over 10,000 years old
Classification: Primarch of the Ultramarine Space Marines, Lord Commander of the Imperium, Master of Macragge
Powers and Abilities:
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Enhanced Senses, Immortality (Types 1 and 3), Regeneration (Low-Mid), Self-Sustenance (Type 1, 2 and 3; Went on a rampage against the Word Bearers fleet for 12 hours in a no atmosphere environment. Should be comparable to Custodes), Information Analysis (Can accurately analyze any chemical he eats/tastes and break them down if required), Limited Memory Manipulation (Can eat creatures/people and absorb part of their memories from their DNA/RNA), Weapon Mastery (Skilled in a wide variety of weaponry to an extent far greater than what could ever be achievable by a regular human), Technology Manipulation (His skin can directly connect and interface with his armor, among several other pieces of Astartes equipment), Martial Arts (As a Primarch, Guilliman is one of the best close-quarters fighters in the entire galaxy), Vehicular Mastery, Matter Manipulation (Via Power weapons), Durability Negation (Power weapons break down the physical bonds of matter), Genius Intelligence, Forcefield Creation (Via Iron Halo), Teleportation via Dimensional Travel, Mind Manipulation, Soul Manipulation and Conceptual Manipulation (Primarchs are capable of attacking on every level of existence, mental, spiritual and even conceptual), Aura (Primarchs are said to contain an overwhelming aura that completely baffles regular humans, as well as sometimes Astartes. Their presence in the Warp is so powerful and influencing that Magnus reduced several Remembrancers to tears over his seeming divinity, while Russ could make Ahzek Ahriman himself kneel before him with his sheer presence), Resistance to Magic, Telepathy, Mind Manipulation, Empathic Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, Spatial Manipulation, Time Manipulation, Matter Manipulation, Reality Warping, Existence Erasure, Aura, Conceptual Manipulation (Resistant to all the myriad of different attacks that can be made on him by the powers of the Warp, as well as most of the powers of other Primarchs), Disease Manipulation, Poison Manipulation (Astartes are practically immune to all diseases and poisons, and their Primarchs should logically be even tougher), Corruption, Radiation Manipulation (Should almost be entirely immune to the effects of radiation exposure, thanks both to his Power Armor and enhanced physiology), Heat Manipulation (Astartes are incredibly resistant towards extremes of hot and cold, and logically their Primarchs should be far superior), Pain Manipulation (Astartes possess the physiology and mental training to shrug off debilitating injuries, and their Primarchs should easily scale)
All former abilities enhanced to a much higher degree, along with Fire Manipulation and Forcefield Creation (When Guilliman plants the sword on the ground and kneel behind it it forms a golden shield), Void Manipulation, Existence Erasure and Purification (A mere touch of the sword is the final death to most Daemons whilst fatally wounding a Greater Daemon is required to erase them. The Emperor's Sword is anathema to Chaos), Probability Manipulation (The Emperor's essence can manifest as a ward. The Emperor's Sword is said to manifest miracles each time it is drawn. The Emperor's presence arises each time it is drawn causing Guilliman and others to feel it), Power Nullification (Can erase Greater Daemons permanently, negating their immortality and regeneration), Resurrection (The Armor of Fate can revive him from even fatal attacks), Immortality (Type 4), Extreme Resistance to Death Manipulation (Due to blessings from Ynnead), Aura (Shrugged off Skarbrand's rage aura through sheer force of will during their battle), Fate Manipulation, Precognition (Kairos Fateweaver, a being that can see all possible futures, was incapable of predicting Guilliman's actions) and Soul Manipulation (Guilliman fought Qaramar the Last, a Greater Daemon, who passively decays and destroys souls)
Attack Potency: Solar System level (Comparable to the other Primarchs, such as Sanguinius, who managed to make a small crack in Chaos-empowered Horus' armor and had earlier before fought Ka'Bandha, one of Khorne's greatest Bloodthirsters, and broke his spine. Ka'Bandha is almost certainly stronger than lesser Bloodthirsters, who can grow to the size of star systems in the Eye of Terror, and the likes of Khârn, who can fight great enemies in the Eye of Terror. Harmed Madail the Undivided with his blows. It was believed that, at best, four or five of Guilliman's brothers could best him in combat, while the others could not) | At least Solar System level, possibly higher (Has easily defeated multiple high-level greater daemons, such as Skarbrand and Qaramar. Weaker than, but still comparable to and capable of harming daemon Magnus. Dueled daemon Mortarion to a stalemate). The Emperor's Sword ignores durability (Capable of shredding enemies otherwise immune to conventional harm and negating the regeneration of greater daemons. It can erase a target from existence, should it still be as powerful as it was during the Great Crusade)
Speed: At least Subsonic movement speed (Should be far faster than regular Marines), with Massively FTL+ reactions/attack speed (Comparable to Sanguinius) | At least Subsonic movement speed, with Massively FTL+ reactions/combat speed (Can fight on par with Daemon Primarchs, who should be superior in almost every way to their mortal selves)
Striking Strength: Solar System Class | At least Solar System Class, possibly higher
Durability: Solar System level | At least Solar System level, possibly higher (Took hits from both Magnus and Mortarion, not slowing down)
Stamina: Virtually limitless (Likely superior to the Adeptus Custodes, a pair of which stood vigil over the Golden Throne for nearly 100 hundred year without drinking, sleeping or eating)
Range: Several meters with most close combat weapons, several kilometers with ranged weapons such as the Arbitrator, at least thousands of kilometers via teleporter | Several meters with the Emperor's Sword, likely several kilometers with the Hand of Dominion, at least thousands of kilometers via teleporter
- Armor of Reason: A prime example of the Imperium's artisanship, Guilliman had the Armor of Reason reforged and improved countless times, eliminating even the most minor of flaws whenever one was discovered.
- Gladius Incandor and the Hand of Dominion: Unlike most of his brothers, Guilliman did not have a single or few favorite weapons with which he was almost always seen. The Primarch of the Ultramarines had a staggering collection of wargear, though among the most commonly used were the Gladius Incandor, a master-crafted Power Sword, and the Hand of Dominion, an ornate Power Fist. These powerful weapons were even more deadly in the hands of someone as skilled as Guilliman.
- The Arbitrator: Among Guilliman's most favored sidearms, this heavily modified Combi-Bolter, dubbed The Arbitrator, was a thing of destructive beauty. The Primarch could wield it as deftly as a normal Space Marine would a pistol, and each bolt shell was hand-crafted, fitted with micro-atomantic compression warheads for maximum destructive power.
- Armor of Fate: Crafted by the Mechanicum's finest and based on orders given to Archmagos Belisarius Cawl, this suit of Artificer Armor both sustains Guilliman's life force while protecting him from even the most dolorous of blows as if by some miracle.
- The Emperor's Sword: Wielded by the Emperor during the Great Crusade, this blade possesses immense psychic might imbued to it by its former owner. When swung through the air, Guilliman can effortlessly cleave through the thickest armor, and split in twain daemonic foes who would otherwise prove invincible.
- Hand of Dominion: Upgraded since the Horus Heresy, the Hand of Dominion has been made more powerful than ever. With blinding speed, Guilliman can crush the life from his foes before tearing others apart in a hail of armor-piercing Bolter fire.
- Iron Halo: Like many high-ranking Astartes, Guilliman wears an Iron Halo positioned above his head. The Halo surrounds the Primarch's body in a Conversion Field, capable of turning the kinetic energy of an otherwise dangerous attack into harmless light.
Intelligence: Extraordinary Genius (A skilled leader and master tactician to an almost unparalleled degree within the Imperium. Mastered all the philosophy, history, and science of Macragge by the age of ten. Considered the greatest administrator among all of his brothers, second possibly to only Perturabo, and wrote the Codex Astartes, a great administrating book for Space Marines that has continued to be used for over 10,000 years even in the ever shifting galactic conflict. Every Primarch bears intelligence far beyond all manner of the average or even above average human reach, with virtually all of them being considered masters in the fields they hold expertise in, with few capable of matching up their intellect individually)
Weaknesses: None notable | If Guilliman removed his armor, he would likely die. However, by the end of the Indomitus Crusade, Guilliman can freely move without his armor.
Key: Heresy Era | Guilliman Reborn