|“||So, in conclusion, you're both equally mercurial, overly sensitive, clingy, hysterical bird-brain homunculi. And I honestly can't even tell the two of you apart half the time because I don't go by height or age, I go by amount of pain in my ass, which makes you both identical. All right, everything resolved? Everybody nice and certain about their position in my world?||„|
|~ Rick Sanchez|
|“||Wubba lubba dub-dub!||„|
|~ Rick's Season 1 catchphrase|
Rick Sanchez is one of the 2 main protagonists of Rick & Morty. He's an alcoholic extraordinary genius with a complex and rather nihilistic view of life, as well as a mostly unexplored backstory. Rick usually does diverse activities to benefit himself, goes on adventures with his grandson Morty and messes with others he dislikes. He cares little about others and the universe where he lives due to access to infinite timelines, believing everyone and everything to be replaceable and unspecial as well as that others should think the same. This makes him both being able to feel love for others should he care about them and simultaneously take minor concerns about things such as their deaths or have no problem abandoning them. For example, he, as well as other Ricks from other realities, can and have abandoned their universes when living there became too inconvenient, leaving everything behind to be in another universe where their problems are gone but everything else is the same, being completely aware that the people they relate to is not the same there while also not thinking about the people left behind.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 9-B, higher with guns and other technology | Varies from 10-C to 5-A, up to 4-B with inventions and technology. Likely at least Low 2-C with sufficient preparation | 10-C physically, 9-B while equipped
Name: Rick Sanchez
Origin: Rick & Morty
Age: Around 70
Classification: Human, the smartest person in the universe, mad scientist, Morty's grandfather, Rick of Earth C-137 | As before | Living pickle, "Pickle man" (By Jaguar)
Powers and Abilities:
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Peak Human Speed, Genius Intelligence & Preparation (Can create things such as small robots and guns in brief periods of time and many of his inventions within a few hours), Cyborgization (A previous body he used had cybernetic augmentations as shown in The Whirly Dirly Conspiracy. Had a device that could replace his amputated arm in The ABC's of Beth), 4th Wall Awareness (Greets the audience and is aware of his adventures being episodes within seasons), Extrasensory Perception (Could see and hear a ghost in Morty's Mind Blowers. Claimed that he could see the President's invisible squad in The Rickchurian Mortydate), Social Influencing (In Vindicators 3: The Return of Worldender he claimed that 20 people try to kill him every week and he ends up getting high with half of them), Portal Creation, Dimensional Travel & Spatial Manipulation via Portal Gun (Can create portals anywhere in the infinite multiverse as well as in any specific place in it if known by him. Once cut an alien in half by opening a portal where he was), Status Effect Inducement (The Portal Gun can also self-destruct to briefly incapacitate others around. Has a "stun" setting in one of his guns), BFR (Can use his portals to remove targets, its self-destruction traps targets near it in energy, deconstructs them and sends them into a small portal), Energy Projection with guns, Matter Manipulation & Deconstruction with guns and other devices (Depending on the gun, it either shoots energy or reduces the target to ashes as shown in Interdimensional Cable 2: Tempting Fate. The device used in Look Who's Purging Now could disintegrate targets as well. His wristwatch has a particle beam in it), Energy Manipulation (As shown in Vindicators 3: The Return of Worldender his epidermis is laced with a nanofiber defense mesh, which ejects a wave of energy around him that forcibly throw others away), Ice Manipulation via Freeze ray, Explosion Manipulation (His labcoat has a bomb in it as shown in The Whirly Dirly Conspiracy. Has various small explosive devices as shown in The Rickchurian Mortydate), Memory Manipulation via mind eraser (Can erase a target's all memories or remove parts of them), Death Manipulation (Unexplored, but touch him could induce instant death during The Rickchurian Mortydate despite never making use of this before), Information Analysis (Knew and visually showed with his technology how 9 people had a clear shot on him), Forcefield Creation & Attack Reflection (His forcefields deflected bullets), Illusion Creation (Made many holograms of himself to fool the President)
Spaceflight with his ship, Surface Scaling (His grappling shoes can move in any direction on any surface), Immersion & Social Influencing (In Lawnmower Dog he had a device to enter in other's dreams as well as the dreams of the beings inside the original target's dream and so on. Making someone believe something in their dream will make them change their mind in that way when waking up), Statistics Amplification (Created a device that vastly amplified the dog Snuffle's intelligence, commonly makes use of Mega Seeds), Size Manipulation (In Anatomy Park showed to have a machine that could reduce or increase the size of a target. Stated that he and Morty could shrink instantly in The Rickchurian Mortydate), Explosion Manipulation (With explosives. Knew how to create and fooled the Zigerions into creating a massive explosion that destroyed them all in M. Night Shaym-Aliens!. Potentially created a 2 planetary bombs while he was blackout drunk during Vindicators 3: The Return of Worldender), Sealing (In Meeseeks and Destroy had a device that could seal a group of demonic spirits), Summoning with Meeseeks Box, Empathic Manipulation (Made a potion that makes others fall in love with an previously established target in Rick Potion #9), Biological Manipulation (Mutated the population of Earth into Mantis-like creatures, and later Cronenbergs in Rick Potion #9. Fused the DNA of Abraham Lincoln and Hitler to create Abradolf Lincler as shown in Ricksy Business), Clairvoyance (The Inter-Dimensional Goggles allow the user to see and hear things from the perspective of other versions of themselves in other universes as shown in Rixty Minutes. Making "a little edting" allowed him to show parts of memories that didn't belong to Morty when showing the latter his own erased memories as shown in Morty's Mind Blowers), Create artificial intelligence, Information Analysis (Made some machine that could "detect and measure" evil and indicate the powers of Mr. Needful's cursed items. Stated in Vindicators 3: The Return of Worldender that he could quickly make a device to detect someone hiding in a planet), Purification (In Something Ricked This Way Comes dispelled the curses of various items, allowing them to keep their powers but not the downside they would have done), Teleportation (In Ricksy Business one of his device teleported his house into another reality), Time Stop (Used a device to stop time in Ricksy Business, although this is something he doesn't like to do), Time Manipulation (If the users of his time stop freeze it for a long time, their own time becomes destabilized, stabilizing after a while and risking their time to be fractured, splitting their reality into two or more possibilities), Antimatter Manipulation (Sold an antimatter gun to an assassin in Mortynight Run), Pocket Reality Manipulation (Placed a spatially tessellated void inside a modified temporal field, creating a Micro-Universe as shown in The Ricks Must Be Crazy), Transmutation (Made alterations in Morty so he turn into a car. Claimed that he "could turn a black hole into a sun" in The Wedding Squanchers. Turned himself into pickle and later back into a human during Pickle Rick), Cloning, Possession (In Big Trouble in Little Sanchez he created a device to transfer his consciousness into a clone, albeit with bad results. In The Rickshank Rickdemption he repeatedly did the same on living targets, which were unable to do anything as long as Rick was in their bodies, the latter being in the stolen body of another Rick for most of that season), Hacking (Used a virus to give himself full control over a brainalyzer while being victim of it in The Rickshank Rickdemption), Memory Manipulation (In Rickmancing the Stone had a serum that could transfer the muscles from a corpse into a target, the muscles would be sentient and kept memory of their time alive), Fusionism (Fused his evil and good halves in Rest and Ricklaxation), Invisibility, Sleep Manipulation, Poison Manipulation, Invulnerability & Mind Control (Stated and showed to have created invisibility cuffs, fall a sleep darts, poison gum, an indestructible bat and mind control hair clips in The ABC's of Beth), Electricity Manipulation
Attack Potency: Wall level (Able to hurt large aliens with his fists), higher with guns (Could easily kill giant aliens capable of easily bursting through walls as teenagers) and other technology | Varies from Below Average Human to Large Planet level (Was going to destroy the Earth in the first episode, created an explosion the size of a large planet with a recipe similar to that of Concentrated Dark Matter. Enlarged a giant dead naked homeless person to the size of the United States of America and blew him up by enlarging a stick of dynamite along with the corpse), up to Solar System level (Believed he could destroy a solar system with a Neutrino Bomb while he was blackout drunk) with inventions and technology, certain of them ignore durability. Likely at least Universe level+ with sufficient preparation (Should be comparable to his C-132 counterpart, who built a machine which can merge and eradicate entire timelines) | Below Average Human (Is a stationary pickle), Wall level while equipped (His laser melted holes in 3 heads at once and caused major damage to a room)
Speed: Peak Human | Peak Human by himself, higher with combat suits, Massively FTL+ in his spaceship (Capable of quickly traversing the universe, traveled 800 light years in a brief time) | Immobile for his pickle body, Normal Human for his face. Supersonic while equipped (His rat limbs allowed him to dodge bullets from close distances)
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: Wall Class | Wall Class, higher with combat suits | Below Average Class
Durability: Wall level (Withstood being smashed through several floors after his forcefield was deactivated), higher with Forcefields | Wall level, higher with Forcefields & Combat Suits | Below Average (His pickle body is easily damaged)
Stamina: Can fight for long periods of time without rest | As before | Unknown
Range: Average melee range, higher with weapons | Multiversal+ with portal gun, Interdimensional Goggles and Interdimensional Cable. Planetary via Size & Explosion Manipulation. Universal with spaceship | A few cm with screws and saw, a few meters with laser
Standard Equipment: His labcoat (which has a bomb in it), Portal gun, Freeze ray (Used in the first episode and seen in his labcoat during Lawnmower Dog) and a futuristic gun (Usually has one but its purposes varies between shooting energy and disintegrating people, one has a variable setting with a stun option in it). The following items were used at least once without any notable prior preparation and should thus be commonly carried by him: A wristwatch with a particle beam in it & a snake holster on his leg (In Get Schwifty), unnamed device that could reduce targets to ashes (In Look Who's Purging Now. He only had 2 and used one), mind eraser (In Morty's Mind Blowers), a device could replace his amputated arm and stop the bleeding from it (In The ABC's of Beth), forcefield devices, various small explosive devices and other unnamed gadgets (In The Rickchurian Mortydate) | His Optional Equipment | Laser and rat limbs
- Optional Equipment: His inventions and the technology he has used; Space cruiser, a Neutrino Bomb, cognition amplifier, dream inceptor, shrink ray, concentrated dark matter energy, Meeseeks box, demonic alien containment box, love potion & love antidote, etc.
Intelligence: Supergenius. He was able to create a miniature sentient robot just to pass butter and grant a dog highly advanced intelligence in only a few seconds. He was also able to tell when he was inside a simulation inside a simulation inside another simulation and still flawlessly trick the Zigerion scammers into blowing themselves up. He is regarded as the smartest mammal in the univere.
Weaknesses: Rick is genuinely insane, alcoholic, has a serious drug addiction, and is often reckless. Has a genuine fear of squirrels and pirates. Is cocky and egotistical, which can lead to trouble for him | Pickle Rick will die after a few hours
- Portal Gun: A gun that rips a hole in space-time, allowing travel to any point in any universe. Opening a portal inside another being rips them in two.
- Futuristic Guns: Rick has been shown using a number of futuristic guns. Some just do damage to a target, others easily perforate targets with the energy they shoot, and others reduce targets to ashes. In the comics, he has been shown having a gun with a setting of options in it, that one being able to stuns targets, but Rick has been shown carrying up to 2 guns with him.
- Freeze Ray: Completely freezes organic targets, turning them into incredibly fragile icy statues. Since the affects can be undone, this is used in the rare case of nonviolent neutralization. Comes in taser and gun form.
- Mind Eraser: A gun that he uses to erase Morty's specific memories should the latter ask for it or Rick feel like it, it has shown being able to make a target forget everything and not know its own identity.
- Particle Watch: A wristwatch that fires a concentrated particle beam. Completely destroys the target on a subatomic level.
- Forcefield: As of The Rickchurian Mortydate Rick had an invisible forcefield that reflected bullets from 9 diferentes angles back into the aggressors, killing them.
- Death Manipulation: Coming from other unnamed gadget in The Rickchurian Mortydate, touching Rick made a person die instantly without making any sound. All of which was even highlighted by other characters.
- Time Freeze: Freezes time on a universal scale. Due to technology stolen from the 4th dimension, Rick can do this with the press of a button.
- Curse Remover: A device which can remove magical properties from a wide variety of different things. Since it is able to remove certain effects while leaving others intact, Rick used this device to turn cursed objects into completely beneficial ones (i.e. turning a pair of boxing gloves which would cause the wearer to be stuck reliving a single fight for all eternity into a pair of time traveling mittens).
- Dream Inceptors: A small device which, when implanted into the ear of an unconscious sentient being, allows the user to travel into the being's dreams, potentially implanting new thoughts and influencing the behavior of the target once they wake up.
- Anti-Matter Gun: A pistol that shoots anti-matter. Capable of even killing trans-dimensional higher beings immune to traditional matter and energy based attacks.
- Concentrated Dark Matter: A method used for travelling faster than anyone else in the universe; similar chemical reactions cause massive explosions. A handful of the components mixed incorrectly resulted in an explosion the size of Jupiter.
- Love Potions/Diseases: Created a virus that made whoever it was used on fall in love with Morty (Except those genetically related to him), but due to it being flu season, the substance piggybacked on the flu and began to spread; he created two others to counter that. The first turned everyone on the planet into praying mantis monsters, while the second turned everyone into Cronenberg monsters.
- Size Shifting: Able to affect people and objects, either making them tiny enough to fit inside someone or making them grow to the size of a continent.
- Meeseeks Button: Summons a bunch of immortal creatures that will perform one task before dying. Become more insane the longer they exist due to hours seeming like an eternity, to them. Meeseeks are apparently completely unable to die until their task is completed, and giving them a task which is seemingly impossible to complete will eventually result in the summoned Meeseeks resorting to the most drastic measures to complete the task by technicality.
Key: Base | With Preparation Time/access to Technology | Time Pickle Rick