|“||I mean, we don't really buy into that kind of crap, to the extent that love is an expression of familiarity over time. My access to infinite timelines precludes the necessity of attachment. In fact, I even abandoned one of my infinite daughters in an alternative version of Earth that was taken over by mutants.||„|
|~ Rick to Jaguar|
|“||Wubba lubba dub-dub!||„|
|~ Rick's Season 1 catchphrase|
|“||Because I don't respect therapy. Because I'm a scientist. Because I invent, transform, create, and destroy for a living, and when I don't like something about the world, I change it. And I don't think going to a rented office in a strip mall to listen to some agent of averageness explain which words mean which feelings has ever helped anyone do anything. I think it's helped a lot of people get comfortable and stop panicking, which is a state of mind [...] we value in the animals we eat, but not something I want for myself. I'm not a cow. I'm a pickle. When I feel like it.||„|
Rick Sanchez is one of the 2 main protagonists of Rick & Morty. He's an alcoholic extraordinary genius with a complex and rather nihilistic view of life, as well as a mostly unexplored backstory. Rick usually does diverse activities to benefit himself, goes on adventures with his grandson Morty and messes with others he dislikes. He cares little about others and the universe where he lives due to access to infinite timelines, believing everyone and everything to be replaceable and unspecial and that others should think the same. This makes him both being able to feel love for others should he care about them and simultaneously take minor concerns about things such as their deaths or have no problem abandoning them. Nonetheless, he occasionally contradicts the pessimistic beliefs he claims to have.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 9-B, higher with guns and other technology | 9-B, higher with guns and other technology | His inventions and technology Varies from 10-C to 3-A with 2-C Creation and likely 2-C to 2-B Environmental Destruction | 10-C physically, 9-B while equipped
Name: Rick Sanchez | As before | As before, Pickle Rick (By himself), Solenya (By Russian Agents), Pickle Man (By Jaguar)
Origin: Rick & Morty
Age: Around 70
Classification: Human, the smartest person in the universe, mad scientist, Morty's grandfather, Rick of Earth C-137, the Rick-est Rick (By himself compared to other Ricks) | As before | Living pickle
Powers and Abilities:
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Acausality (Type 1. Had troubles with snakes coming from many points in time to attack him & his family, dealing with it by time travelling and causing the snakes to have never come to attack them, making the snakes who were doing so disappear in the present while the memories, actions & wounds he and his family had were still present. Can also interact fine with versions of himself from other points in time), Peak Human Speed, Genius Intelligence, Preparation (Can create things such as small robots and guns in brief periods of time and many of his inventions within a few hours. Can achieve desirable results by planning complex processes that include others reacting & acting in specific ways several times within the same plan, with Rick predicting them to do that as part of his plan), 4th Wall Awareness (Greets the audience and is aware of his adventures being episodes within seasons), Extrasensory Perception (Could see and hear a ghost), Portal Creation, Dimensional Travel & Spatial Manipulation via Portal Gun (Can create portals anywhere in the infinite universes of the multiverse as well as in any specific place in them if known by him. Once cut an alien in half by opening a portal where he was), Status Effect Inducement (The Portal Gun can also self-destruct to briefly incapacitate others around), BFR (Can use his portals to remove targets, its self-destruction traps targets near it in energy, deconstructs them and sends them into a small portal), Energy Projection with Guns, Matter Manipulation & Deconstruction (His wristwatch has a particle beam in it), Ice Manipulation with Freeze Ray, Memory Manipulation with Mind Eraser (Can erase a target's all memories or remove parts of them)
As before but better on some powers; Extrasensory Perception (Claimed that he could see the President's invisible squad), Social Influencing (Claimed that 20 people try to kill him every week and he ends up getting high with half of them), Matter Manipulation & Deconstruction with guns and other devices (Depending on the gun, it either shoots energy or reduces the target to ashes. Had devices that could disintegrate targets as well), Status Effect Inducement (Can command his labcoat to restrain and strangle a target. Has a remote he can use to freeze/completely immobilize targets, they are unaware that they were incapacitated when unfreezed). Gains the following powers; Passive Self-Resurrection via Cloning (Upon death, Rick will be cloned in an alternative universe, being naked in the basement of his house from that reality, he can return to his universe with the help/technology from the Rick of that universe. Should that fail, Rick can kill himself and repeat the process in a new alternative universe until getting what he needs), Immortality (Types 4 & 6. The cloning process was described as bringing Rick's body back to life, his memories from before dying don't disappear and this makes Rick being unable to "die" by conventional means), Cyborgization (A previous body he used had cybernetic augmentations. Had a device that could replace his amputated arm. In his current body, one of his arms can turn robotic), Magnetism Manipulation (Said cybernetic arm could stop a hammer being thrown at Rick in this fashion), Energy Manipulation (His epidermis is laced with a nanofiber defense mesh, which ejects a wave of energy around him that forcibly throw others away), Explosion Manipulation (His labcoat has a bomb in it. Has various small explosive devices), Death Manipulation (Unexplored, but touch him could induce instant death despite never making use of this power before or afterward), Information Analysis (Knew and visually showed with his technology how 9 people had a clear shot on him. Has a device that could analyze his surroundings and formulate several trajectories in which a small branch end up in the place in which it was), Forcefield Creation & Attack Reflection (His forcefields deflected bullets back into the aggressors. Can use forcefields that work like a suit around his body, which allows him to shoot energy from his face), Illusion Creation (Made many holograms of himself to fool the President), Limited Intangibility (Could phase through someone while walking), Density Manipulation (Had a gun that makes things light or heavy, making them float uncontrollably should the former be applied too much), Biological Manipulation (Had a gun that killed 50% of Jerry's leg), Resistance to Fragrance Manipulation (Can manually activate a mask that protected him against mind-controlling gas), Nanobots (Is immune his nanobots, although not others)
Spaceflight with his ship, Surface Scaling (His grappling shoes can move in any direction on any surface), Immersion & Social Influencing (Had a device to enter in a target's dreams as well as the dreams of the beings inside said dream and so on. Making someone believe something in their dream will make them change their mind in that way when waking up), Statistics Amplification (Created a device that vastly amplified the dog Snuffle's intelligence. Has made use of Mega Seeds), Size Manipulation (Showed to have a machine that could reduce or increase the size of a target. Stated that he and Morty could shrink instantly), Explosion Manipulation (With explosives. Knew how to create and fooled the Zigerions into creating a massive explosion that destroyed them all. Potentially created a 2 planetary bombs while he was blackout drunk), Sealing (Had a device that could seal a group of demonic spirits), Summoning via Meeseeks Box, Empathic Manipulation (Made a potion that makes others fall in love with an previously established target), Biological Manipulation (Mutated the population of Earth into Mantis-like creatures, and later Cronenbergs. Fused the DNA of Abraham Lincoln and Hitler to create Abradolf Lincler), Clairvoyance (The Inter-Dimensional Goggles allow the user to see and hear things from the perspective of other versions of themselves in other universes. Making "a little editing" allowed him to show parts of memories that didn't belong to Morty when showing the latter his erased memories), Create artificial intelligence, Information Analysis (Made some machine that could "detect and measure" evil and indicate the powers of Mr. Needful's cursed items. Stated that he could quickly make a device to detect someone hiding in a planet. His ship has a device that can analyze the mind of a target and show its memories on a screen. An alternative version of him comparable in this regard modified a toaster so it would scan all toast across infinite dimensions and calibrate the settings to do perfect toasts. Created a device that creates with a button many near duplicate realities with at least the current situations around the user being the same), Purification (Dispelled the curses of various items, allowing them to keep their powers but not the downside they would have done), Teleportation (One of his devices teleported his house into another reality), Time Stop (Used a device to stop time, although this is something he doesn't like to do), Time Manipulation (If the users of his time stop freeze it for a long time, their own time becomes destabilized, stabilizing after a while and risking their time to be fractured, splitting their reality into two or more possibilities. Created a device that creates timelines), Antimatter Manipulation (Sold an antimatter gun to an assassin), Pocket Reality Manipulation (Placed a spatially tessellated void inside a modified temporal field, creating a Micro-Universe), Transmutation (Made alterations in Morty so he can turn into a car. Claimed that he "could turn a black hole into a sun". Turned himself into pickle and later back into a human), Duplication (Made clones of himself and others. Created a device that splits the timeline into many near duplicate equally probable realities on use, with at least the user being in all of them), Possession (Created a device to transfer his consciousness into a clone, albeit with bad results. Repeatedly did the same on living targets [mostly other Ricks], which were unable to do anything about it; Used the stolen body of another Rick for most of season 3), Hacking (Used a virus to give himself full control over a brainalyzer while being victim of it), Memory Manipulation (Had a serum that could transfer the muscles from a corpse into a target; The muscles would be sentient and kept memory of their time alive), Fusionism (Fused his evil and good halves. Likely merged a lot of timelines into 1), Invisibility, Sleep Manipulation, Poison Manipulation, Invulnerability & Mind Control (Stated and showed to have created invisibility cuffs, fall a sleep darts, poison gum, an indestructible bat and mind control hair clips), Electricity Manipulation, Precognition (Via Death Crystals), Adhesive Manipulation, Fragrance Manipulation, Large Size (Type 1 via giant mecha Rick), Magic, Time Travel, Acid Manipulation, Spatial Manipulation, Creation & Reality Warping (Created a device that creates other timelines)
Attack Potency: Wall level (Able to hurt large aliens with his fists), higher with guns (Could easily kill adults aliens capable of easily bursting through walls as teenagers) and other technology | Wall level, higher with guns and other technology | His inventions and technology Varies from Below Average Human to Universe level (While watching interdimensional cable, he annotated a universe he didn't like to "nuke it later", claiming that the reality "doesn't deserve to exist". An alternative version of him comparable in this regard modified a toaster that, when tampered with, could overload and burn a fictional universe while inside/part of it, later being shown that, when crosslinked to a bomb a future Jerry had, the toaster had its feedback wipe out a "whole galaxy and then some", with "everything else" probably getting fried by the concussive wave of energy it creates; The destruction the toaster did in that fictional universe potentially applies to what it can do in reality) with Low Multiverse level Creation (Created a device that with one button targets the current moment in time, splits it into many other paused near duplicate equally probable realities, and with other button sends the user into 1 of the now unpaused probable dimensions) and likely Low Multiverse level to Multiverse level Environmental Destruction (Seemingly merged all the probable dimensions created into 1, as he claimed he did, with both buttons of the device having been used dozens of times. However, this was a prank he did to Morty, Rick lied about the merging sending Morty to his dimension and he already knew several things of the supposedly new timeline, which can indicate he didn't merge the dimensions and instead did something else, like having created a timeline fitting to what he wanted or that he sent himself and Morty into a universe with a mix of the activities Morty would later do with the device, which he had recorded. Rick also intentionally left the original Morty sleeping in their home universe on the first use of the device, with we not knowing what that Morty did as the Morty created from the first probable dimension ventured with the device through days, making possible that the original Morty simply got bestowed the memories of that Morty/all the Mortys by the time he regained consciousness), certain of them ignore durability | Below Average Human (Is a stationary pickle), Wall level while equipped (His laser melted holes in 3 heads at once and caused major damage to a room)
Speed: Peak Human | Peak Human | Peak Human by himself, higher with combat suits, Massively FTL+ in his spaceship (Capable of quickly traversing the universe, traveled 800 light years in a brief time) | Immobile for his pickle body, Average Human for his face. Supersonic while equipped (His rat limbs allowed him to dodge bullets from close distances)
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: Wall Class | Wall Class | Wall Class, higher with combat suits | Below Average Human Class
Durability: Wall level (Withstood being smashed through several floors after his forcefield was deactivated), higher with forcefields | Wall Class, higher with forcefields. Resurrection & immortalities make him extremely difficult to kill | Wall level, higher with forcefields & combat suits. Resurrection & immortalities make him extremely difficult to kill | Below Average (His pickle body is easily damaged). Resurrection & immortalities make him extremely difficult to kill
Stamina: Can fight for long periods without rest | As before | As before | Unknown
Range: Average melee range, higher with weapons | Multiversal+ with the portal gun, Interdimensional Goggles and Interdimensional Cable. Planetary via Size & Explosion Manipulation. Universal with spaceship | A few cms with screws and saw, a few meters with laser
Standard Equipment: His lab coat, Portal gun, Freeze ray (Used in the first episode and later seen in his labcoat) and a futuristic gun (Usually has one but its purposes varies between shooting energy and disintegrating people, one has a variable setting with a stun option in it). The following items were used at least once without any notable prior preparation, and should thus be commonly carried by him: A wristwatch with a particle beam in it & a snake holster on his leg  | As before, unnamed device that could reduce targets to ashes (He only had 2 and used one), mind eraser, a device could replace his amputated arm and stop the bleeding from it, forcefield devices (2 variants), various small explosive devices and other unnamed gadgets, a device that could analyze his surroundings and formulate several trajectories to solve how something end up in the place in which it was, a gun that makes things light or heavy, a real and a gun that killed 50% of Jerry's leg | His Optional Equipment | Laser and rat limbs
- Optional Equipment: His inventions and the technology he has used; Space cruiser, a Neutrino Bomb, cognition amplifier, dream inceptor, shrink ray, concentrated dark matter energy, Meeseeks box, demonic alien containment box, love potion & love antidote, anti-booby suit, etc.
Intelligence: Supergenius (Created the microverse battery which contained infinitely layered smaller dimensions, devices that could merge separate timelines and stop time itself, and many other advanced reality-warping gadgets. Created "Froopyland" described as an entire world for Beth while she was a child.)
Weaknesses: Rick is genuinely insane, alcoholic, has a serious drug addiction and is often reckless. Has a genuine fear of squirrels and pirates. Is cocky and egotistical, which can lead to trouble for him | As before | Pickle Rick will die after a few hours
Attacks, techniques, etc. that Rick has shown to have before creating the Phoenix Project, including things shown afterward that he should still scale to do or have.
- Portal Gun: A gun that rips a hole in space-time, allowing travel to any point in any universe. Opening a portal inside another being rips them in two.
- Futuristic Guns: Rick has been shown using several futuristic guns. Some just do damage to a target, others easily perforate targets with the energy they shoot, and others reduce targets to ashes. In the comics, he has been shown having a gun with a set of options in it, that one being able to stun targets, but Rick has been shown carrying up to 2 guns with him.
- Freeze Ray: Completely freezes organic targets, turning them into incredibly fragile icy statues. Since the effects can be undone, this is used in the rare case of nonviolent neutralization. It comes in taser and gun form.
- Mind Eraser: A gun that he uses to erase Morty's specific memories should the latter ask for it or Rick feels like it, it has shown being able to make a target forget everything and not know its own identity. Rick shows having it through a flashback and has used it far more times than the number of adventures we saw him have, hence its inclusion in the Pre-Phoenix Project key. It has also shown to affect targets without them looking into it.
- Particle Watch: A wristwatch that fires a concentrated particle beam. It destroys the target on a subatomic level.
Attacks, techniques, etc. that Rick has shown after creating the Phoenix Project. It stands to reason for him to still have all prior abilities & equipment as they were standard.
- Phoenix Project: Previously developed and destroyed by Rick as a cloning process in which he could transfer his consciousness to younger bodies the Phoenix Project of other Ricks in the multiverse is still present, reviving Rick C-137 in the following fashion; Upon death, Rick's consciousness will be unwillingly downloaded by the Phoenix Project of a seemingly random alternative Rick on another universe, quickly creating a clone of Rick C-137 and thus bringing him back to live. The form of the clone can vary depending on the physiology of the Ricks in which Rick C-137 is being revived. Rick is recreated naked and thus without his equipment, but also in the basement of his alternative house from other reality, meaning that he can request help from the Rick of that universe or simply use his resourcefulness to get what needs, being able to come back to his universe without losing abundant amounts of time. Every occasion Rick dies will trigger the Phoenix Project to function, each time in a different reality and with Rick being willing to kill himself to get home faster.
- Note: It's not specified how many universes there are with the cloning technology to recreate him. However, there are infinite universes with infinite Ricks, many of them having major similarities in their past and Rick himself has repeatedly shown having access to all of those realities with a variety of his gadgets; This could mean that Rick can revive himself infinite times, but this is by no means confirmed as we are don't know if the same of everything exists in infinite amounts across the multiverse (as opposed to that being the case with specific things & beings), we also know that Rick C-137 claimed to be "the Rick-est Rick" & destroyed his version of the Phoenix Project. Still, the implication given with Rick dying and reviving over and over again indicates that this process can keep happening a generous amount of time.
- Forcefield: As of The Rickchurian Mortydate Rick had an invisible forcefield that reflected bullets from 9 different angles back into the aggressors, killing them.
- Death Manipulation: Coming from another unnamed gadget in The Rickchurian Mortydate, touching Rick made a person die instantly without making any sound. All of which was even highlighted by other characters.
- Labcoat: A labcoat equipped with many gadgets, on its own having a bomb to sef-destruct and Rick being able to command it to ripoff Dr. Strange by restricting and strangling a target.
- Cyborgization: A previous body he used had complex cybernetic augmentations with unexplored use for combat. Had a device in his lab coat that could replace his amputated arm, stopping the bleeding from it. In his current body, Rick's right arm can turn robotic, he uses it to magnetically catch a hammer being thrown at him.
- Laser: Shown having a laser that activates from his wrist and casually cuts through glass.
- Intangibility: Rick manually phase through someone while walking, accelerating his speed while doing so.
- Information Analysis: Rick knew, and later visually showed to others how 9 people had a clear shot on him with his technology. Rick is also shown having a device that could analyze his surroundings and formulate several trajectories in which a small branch ended up in the place in which it was.
Attacks, techniques, etc. for Rick when he turned himself into a pickle. It should be noticed that dying would still trigger the Phoenix Project and thus removing Rick from this state.
- Acrobatics: Rick shows using parkour and various acrobatics to dodge attacks and mobilize himself.
- Laser: A laser made manually that uses batteries to function, it casually went through the heads of 3 persons at once.
Attacks, techniques, equipment, etc. that Rick has shown with preparation time or not using regularly. Including inventions done by himself, and tech and things from other sources (buyed, stolen, or that he's unable to regularly create by himself).
- Time Freeze: Freezes time on a universal scale. Due to technology stolen from the 4th dimension, Rick can do this with the press of a button.
- Curse Remover: A device which can remove magical properties from a wide variety of different things. Since it can remove certain effects while leaving others intact, Rick used this device to turn cursed objects into completely beneficial ones (i.e. turning a pair of boxing gloves which would cause the wearer to be stuck reliving a single fight for all eternity into a pair of time traveling mittens).
- Dream Inceptors: A small device which, when implanted into the ear of an unconscious sentient being, allows the user to travel into the being's dreams, potentially implanting new thoughts and influencing the behavior of the target once they wake up.
- Anti-Matter Gun: A pistol that shoots anti-matter. Capable of even killing trans-dimensional higher beings immune to traditional matter and energy based attacks.
- Concentrated Dark Matter: A method used for traveling faster than anyone else in the universe; similar chemical reactions cause massive explosions. A handful of the components mixed incorrectly resulted in an explosion as large as Jupiter.
- Love Potions/Diseases: Created a virus that made whoever it was used on fall in love with Morty (Except those genetically related to him), but due to it being flu season, the substance piggybacked on the flu and began to spread; he created two others to counter that. The first turned everyone on the planet into praying mantis monsters, while the second turned everyone into Cronenberg monsters.
- Size Shifting: Able to affect people and objects, either making them tiny enough to fit inside someone or making them grow to the size of a continent.
- Meeseeks Button: Summons a bunch of immortal creatures that will perform one task before dying. Become more insane the longer they exist due to hours seeming like an eternity, to them. Meeseeks are completely unable to die until their task is completed, and giving them a task which is seemingly impossible to complete will eventually result in the summoned Meeseeks resorting to the most drastic measures to complete the task by technicality.
- Death Crystals: Upon touching one of them and while keep doing that, the crystal/s make their users see visions of how they are going to die, by it with the same result repeated many times or many alternatives ways within diverse circumstances. The actions of the user can constantly change how they die upon seeing their future, which Rick has used in combat to know when he dies by his enemies and when he dies by unrelated circumstances, the latter meaning that he survives/defeats his current enemies.
- Anti-booby suit: A suit that protects Rick from general traps from old temples, making him casually walk through them. It's rather simple as it doesn't have much aside from high durability.
Key: Pre-Phoenix Project | Post-Phoenix Project | With Preparation Time/Optional Equipment | Pickle Rick
Notes: It's rumored that the video commentary of Auto Erotic Assimilation has the creators of the show revealing that Rick wasn't just going to kill himself at the end of the episode, but that the machine with which he was going to do so was also going to swamp all other infinite Ricks in the multiverse; Should this be true, it would be a High Universe level feat for said machine, but the video got deleted from the youtube channel of Adult Swim and evidence is impossible to prove.
Thanos (MCU) Thanos’s Profile (Phoenix Protocol Rick with preparation and optional gadgets up to 5-A vs complete Infinity Gauntlet MCU Thanos. Speed was equalized and both had 10 minutes of preparations with prior knowledge)
Henry Stickmin (The Henry Stickmin Series) Henry's Profile (Cybernetically Enchanced Henry and Post-Phoenix Project Rick were used, Speed was equalized, Rick was restricted from using anything higher than Henry's AP)
|Discussion threads involving Rick Sanchez|