|“||I, Reigen Arataka, shall accept this job!||„|
|~ Reigen to many of his clients|
Arataka Reigen is Mob's mentor and boss. He is the self-proclaimed "Greatest Psychic of the 21st Century" as well as owner and operator of the Spirits and Such Consultation Office.
Reigen has few to no qualms about manipulating clients, enemies, allies, and even spirits to his own advantage. Conversation is his specialty. Throughout the series, he has been shown to remain composed in almost any situation, and he is extremely reluctant to admit to his own mistakes. He is very careful during his investigations, and he often confuses his adversaries by announcing his next action aloud and then doing something different. Reigen seems to be a man guided by principles, as he believes that hurting other people is wrong and reminds Mob of that often. He is even willing to carry some of Mob's burden if it means the boy will suffer less, showing that he does care about those close to him. He is clever and agile, often taking action at critical moments with his special techniques.
People say he has a kind heart, but as a result, he is too kind to scold anyone... or so he claims.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 10-A | At least High 7-A
Name: Reigen Arataka
Origin: Mob Psycho 100
Classification: Human, Owner and proprietor of Spirits and Such Consultation, Self-proclaimed "Greatest Psychic of the 21st Century"
Powers and Abilities: Skilled Hand-to-Hand Combatant, Extrasensory Perception (Gained the ability to see some normally invisible spirits such as Dimple after Mob shared his energy with him), Sleep Manipulation (with Sakurai's cursed perfume), Social Influencing (Able to make people switch sides by talking about their actions alone) | All previous abilities plus Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Telekinesis, Aura, Regeneration Negation (Up to High) of Spirits through exorcism, Forcefield Creation, Levitation, Limited Paralysis Inducement (Can immobilize people through telekinesis), Psychic Energy Manipulation (Allows him to grant it to other people and project it), Resistance to Soul Manipulation (Should be able to survive spiritual attacks like Mob), Possession, Mind Manipulation, Empathic Manipulation (All Espers naturally resist being possessed and mentally influenced), Sleep Inducement and Curse Manipulation (Wasn't affected by Sakurai's cursed perfume at all), likely more due to having all of 100% Mob's powers
Attack Potency: Athlete level (Has shown the ability to knock out a person in one strike multiple times) | At least Large Mountain level (Fodderized the top-tier members of Claw's 7th Division. Has all the power of a 100% Mob)
Speed: Athletic Human | At least Massively Hypersonic+ with Sub-Relativistic reactions (Should move at comparable speeds to 100% Mob)
Lifting Strength: Above Average Human | Class T (Comparable to 100% Mob)
Striking Strength: Athlete Class (Knocked out a fully grown man with one punch) | At least Large Mountain Class
Stamina: High. While possessed by the evil spirit known as Rusty-sama, who drains the life force and stamina of its host, he was able to hail a taxi, ride it to a paranormal site, and then trek through rough terrain, and remained conscious the entire time. | His boost only lasted for a little over a minute before running out, although Mob had previously exhausted himself of energy before transferring it to him.
Range: Standard melee range | Tens of kilometers (Has 100% Mob's powers who could pull buildings out from over a kilometer underneath him)
Standard Equipment: Typically has an abundance of salt on his person, later earns "Jugan Air Gun" (gun that shoots pure energy) and Sakurai's cursed perfume
Intelligence: Gifted. Can easily mislead and deceive people with his way of speaking and body actions. He has never lost an argument against an adult until recent times. He has constantly hidden his inability to exorcise ghosts and somehow always leaves his customers satisfied, with or without Mob's help. He was one of the few who were able to identify Mogami's tricks and lies during the Exorcism Arc. He can also come up with plans on the fly, as shown when he rid himself of the spirit Rusty-sama by having another spirit consume it.
Weaknesses: He cannot reason with people that have a child like mentality or basis for their actions, Mob's powers were a temporary power up.
- Anti-Esper Dropkick: Reigen dropkicks his opponent in the head with both feet. Seems to work best on very short opponents unless there's a ledge he can jump from.
- Anti-Possession Flying Knee: Reigen deflects a possessed person's attack by grabbing his opponent's head with both hands and kneeing them in the chest. Strong enough to not just knock out but also drive away evil spirits from the body.
- Cheese Burger Tornado: Reigen spins his whole body and uses the momentum to hit the opponent's face with a palm strike.
- Digital Purification: Reigen uses photo editing software to remove any evidence of spirits from spirit photographs.
- Evil Crushing Elbow: An elbow drop that makes electronics inaccessible.
- Hypnosis Punch: Reigen uses a coin on a string to distract his opponent before suddenly punching them out of the blue. Actually dazed an esper with it.
- Knee Strike: Reigen grabs the opponent by the back of their neck with both his arms and pushes their head down, smashing them in the face with his knee, causing a concussion. The force of the blow shakes the brain and shocks its tissues, making it hard for the recipient to breathe. This attack is equally effective on human and spirits alike.
- Picking Evil Purification: Picking out part of the wall and putting it in the other way and immure it again to hide a spirit's face on the wall.
- Purifying Salt Punch: A regular punch smeared with table salt.
- Rainbow Seal: Using a large amount of spray paint to create wall art and hide a spirit's face on the wall.
- Salt Splash: Reigen throws a tempest of table salt.
- Sorcery Crush: Reigen relieves the body from stress and eliminates any stiff shoulders or back pains.
- Justifiable Self Defense Rush: Reigen performs a series of consecutive punches. He can easily take out unsuspecting espers with this attack.
Key: Base | 1000%