Pressure points are a concept in many Eastern martial arts, referring to special parts of the body that, when struck, can cause intense pain, paralysis, and potentially even death, among many other possible effects, some of which are more beneficial.
- Cause unbearable pain to the enemy
- Paralyze the enemy (partially or completely)
- Kill an enemy with one touch
- Strengthen your own body (or your someone else's body)
- Relieve fatigue (by yourself or with assistance from someone else)
- Initiate or accelerate the healing of your body (or your someone else's body)
In traditional Chinese medicine, needles are used to affect specific points of the body. In fiction, knives, daggers, swords, etcetera, are also viable.
- Ty Lee and Amon (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
- Master Roshi, Tao Pai Pai, Hit, and others (Dragon Ball)
- Kenshiro and other Hokuto practitioners (Fist of the North Star)
- Tai Lung (Kung Fu Panda)
- Byakugan users (Naruto)
- Chelsea (Akame ga Kill!)
- Kashitarou (Gamaran)
|Discussion threads involving Pressure Points|