Palossand is a Ground/Ghost type Pokémon from the Alola region. Originally a mound of sand built by a child, this mound came to life by unknown means and possessed anyone who put their hand through its "mouth". After possessing enough people it was able to transform its body from a mound of sand into a sand castle. Underneath Palossand are the bones of those it has consumed the vitality of.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 7-A
Gender: Can be male or female
Classification: Sand Castle Pokémon
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Earth Manipulation, Camouflage, Intangibility, Enhanced Senses (Shovel acts as radar), Possession (Possesses their victim if they touch Palossand's shovel), Healing, Life-Force Draining, Stat Amping and Nerfing, Limited Weather Manipulation, Sleep Inducement, Resistance to Poison, Rock and Bug-Type attacks, Immunity to Electric-Type attacks
Speed: At least Relativistic (Pokémon of this caliber can dodge Fling, which should be faster than Seismic Toss, as it doesn't require going against gravity or throwing heavy, unwilling, beings. Should be comparable to Pokémon such as Poliwrath)
Lifting Strength: Class 100
Striking Strength: At least Mountain Class+ (Comparable to Abomasnow)
Durability: At least Mountain level+ (Can fight other Pokémon of this level)
Range: Standard melee range, tens of kilometers with most attacks
Standard Equipment: None
Intelligence: Skilled possessor
Weaknesses: Water (even though it can help raise its defense due to Water Compaction), grass, ice, ghost, darkness attacks
Notable Attacks/Techniques: See here for a list of all moves Palossand can use.
- Water Compaction: When hit by a Water-type attack, Palossand raises its defense.
- Sand Veil: Palossand's evasion is boosted in a sandstorm.
- Earth Power: Palossand makes the ground under the target erupt with power.
- Shadow Ball: Palossand hurls a shadowy blob at the target.
- Energy Ball: Palossand draws power from nature and fires it at the target.
- Giga Drain: Palossand's health is restored by half the damage taken by the target.
- Psychic: Palossand hits the target with a strong telekinectic force.
- Rock Slide: Palossand hurls large boulders against the target.
- Stone Edge: Palossand stabs the target from below with sharpened stones.
- Shore Up: Restores half of Palossand's health.
- Sludge Bomb: Palossand hurls the target with a poisonous sludge.
- Destiny Bond: After using this move, if Palossand faints, the opponent that landed the knockout hit also faints