For detailed information about the series, see the One Piece Wiki.
One Piece is the world's best selling manga series. It is published in Shonen Jump and is written and drawn by Eiichiro Oda.
It is an Action Adventure story about Monkey D. Luffy, a pirate who ate the Gomu-Gomu No Mi fruit, a Devil fruit that turned him into a Rubber Man. His goal is to become the Pirate King, and be the man with the most freedom on the seas. He meets many people during his travels, with several of them joining his crew.
The extent of power within One Piece has not been fully explored as many of the Top Tiers have not been seen engaging in combat with full power, with the exception of brief confrontations (Whitebeard vs Sakazuki). However, higher tiers of the verse are shown capable of being catastrophic threats to entire Islands and Countries. In terms of physical power, many of the stronger characters are capable of generating energy to partially destroy cities and mountains indirectly with minimal effort.
One Piece introduces Devil Fruits, which have a vast variety of capabilities. Eating a Devil fruit can make a person capable of turning their physical body into rubber, or even have the ability to control the properties of ice or fire. The only set-back seems to be the user losing the ability to swim, having their powers nullified by Sea-stone (a unique material found in a single body of water in the world), and that they would lose their life if they attempted to eat a 2nd Devil Fruit.
One Piece also introduces a power dormant within each living individual, Haki. There are two types of Haki that are universal, and can thus be discovered and developed within each living person, Kenbunshoku Haki, a power that allows users to sense the presense of others and see premonitions of the future, and Busoshoku Haki, a power that shields its user in protective armor and can harden parts of or the entirety of the user's body. There is a rare ability of Haki that only few can learn, Haoshoku Haki, which is described as being a quality of a king, and allows the user to project his will outwards, dominating the will of others in the form of an electrified aura that can knock-out or put weaker willed individuals in a seizure induced state.
Note: The verse is currently under revisions, so these numbers are subject to change. Especially those from the Post-Timeskip era.
Attack Potency and Durability Calcs
- Buchi's Flying Drop Kick: High 8-C (8.52 Tons)
- Buggy Bomb: 8-B (13.55 Tons)
- Babe's Explosions: 8-A (157.51 Tons)
- Crocodile's Desert Spada: 8-A (446.85 Tons)
- Luffy's Gomu Gomu no Storm: 8-A+ (649.24 Tons)
- Wiper's Burn Bazooka: Low 7-C (1.97 Kilotons)
- Enel's El Thor: 7-C (35.4 Kilotons)
- Shadow Asgard Moria's Smash: Low 7-B (1.3 Megatons)
- Kuma's Ursa Shock: Low 7-B (1.74 Megatons)
- Elizabello and Chinjao's Combo Attack: 7-B (10.35 Megatons)
- Zoro Cuts Onigashima Horn: 7-B (44.6 Megatons)
- Kaido and Big Mom Split Clouds: 7-A (363.9 Megatons)
- Pica creates Flower Hill: 7-A (377.58 Megatons)
- Elizabello's King Punch: 7-A (382.52 Megatons)
- Fujitora Lifts Rubble: 7-A (420.67 Megatons)
- Ace’s Entei: 7-A+ (796.81 Megatons)
- Ace Heats Up Drum Island: High 7-A (1.02 Gigatons)
- Enel's Raigo: 6-C (7.24 Gigatons)
- Zunesha's Trunk Swing: 6-C (13.7 Gigatons)
- Fujitora's Largest Meteor: 6-C (46.2 Gigatons)
- Whitebeard's Shima Yurashi: 6-B (7.1 Teratons)
- Blackbeard's Shima Yurashi: 6-B (14.3 Teratons)
- Whitebeard's Kaishin: 6-B (26.6 Teratons)
- The 8-B’s like Skypeia Arc Nami are scaled to be 1/10 as strong the Reject Dial calc (17.9 Tons)
- The 7-A+'s like Post-Whole Cake Island Arc Gear 3rd Luffy are upscaled far higher than Fujitora's Calc (550 Megatons)
- The lowest High 7-A's like Dressrosa Arc Gear 4th Luffy are scaled to be 4x stronger than Fujitora's Calc (1.68 Gigatons)
- Luffy Outspeeds Explosion: Hypersonic+ (Mach 20.4)
- Zoro vanishes from people's line of sight: High Hypersonic (Mach 37.3)
- Skypeia Nami's Speed: Massively Hypersonic (Mach 413)
- Zoro Reacts to Lightning: Massively Hypersonic (Mach 721)
- Enies Lobby Nami's Speed: Massively Hypersonic (Mach 909)
- Kalifa's Speed: Massively Hypersonic+ (Mach 1192)
- Hawkin's Speed: Massively Hypersonic+ (Mach 5449)
- Drake's Speed: Massively Hypersonic+ (Mach 5691)
- Luffy's Speed: Massively Hypersonic+ (Mach 6670)
- Marco's Speed: Relativistic+ (0.57% SoL)
Lifting Strength Calcs
- Sanji lifts huge chain: Class M (1.1e+6 Kg)
- Hatchan moves a Boulder: Class M (5.9e+6 Kg)
- Luffy pushes buildings: Class M (2.8e+7 Kg)
- Jozu throws an iceberg: Class M (7e+8 Kg)
- Luffy pushes golden platform: Class G (1e+9 Kg)
- Dory lifts a giant skull: Class G (1.74e+9 Kg)
- Garp throws giant cannon ball: Class G (3.56e+11 Kg)
- Fujitora brings down heavy meteors: Class T (2.63e+12 Kg)
- Fujitora’s Gravity: Class T (7.17e+12 Kg)
- Pica creates Flower Hill: Class T (5.63e+13 Kg)
- Kaido lifts Onigashima: Class P (1.25e+15 Kg)
- Please note, the anime is not allowed to be used if the manga gives a perfect alternative for a feat. For example, the shockwave caused by Luffy and Doflamingo's clash was not shown in the manga, and should not be used to scale the manga characters. The anime is mainly used for timeframes, clarifications for feats, etc. If the manga is clear enough, the anime should not be used.
Examples of censorship-based contradictions: Luffy's skull was pierced through the back by one of Jango's attacks, but in the anime, he catches it with his mouth. Red-leg Zeff cuts off his leg to escape from wreckage in the anime, but in the manga, he cuts it off and eats it to survive. During his fight with Absalom, Sanji was pierced completely through the chest by a blade and dropped Nami in order to keep blood off of her dress, whereas the anime simply had him pummeled with punches, and thus couldn't hold onto Nami anymore. These are just to name a few. There are dozens to hundreds of these cases both pre time-skip and post time-skip.
- The man with the Midas touch
- Sword guy Z
- The Calaca
- Levi Park
- My boi Jotaro
Straw Hat Pirates
Straw Hat Grand Fleet
Black Cat Pirates
Thriller Bark Pirates
Red Hair Pirates
Big Mom Pirates
Impel Down Staff
Black Drum Kingdom
Fishman Island Faction
|Discussion threads involving One Piece|