For detailed information about the series, see the One Piece Wiki.
One Piece is a popular Shonen Jump manga written by Eiichiro Oda. It is an Action Adventure Manga about Monkey D. Luffy, a pirate who ate the Gomu-Gomu No Mi fruit, a Devil fruit that turned him into a Rubber Man. His goal is to become the Pirate King, and be the man with the most freedom on the seas. He meets many people during his travels, with several of them joining his crew.
The extent of power within One Piece has not been fully explored as many of the Top Tiers have not been seen engaging in combat with full power, with the exception of brief confrontations (Whitebeard vs Sakazuki). However, higher tiers of the verse are shown capable of being catastrophic threats to entire Islands and Countries. In terms of physical power, many of the stronger characters are capable of generating energy to partially destroy cities and mountains indirectly with minimal effort.
One Piece introduces Devil Fruits, which have a vast variety of capabilities. Eating a Devil fruit can make a person capable of turning their physical body into rubber, or even have the ability to control the properties of ice or fire. The only set-back seems to be the user losing the ability to swim, having their powers nullified by Sea-stone (a unique material found in a single body of water in the world), and that they would lose their life if they attempted to eat a 2nd Devil Fruit.
One Piece also introduces a power dormant within each living individual, Haki. There are two types of Haki that are universal, and can thus be discovered and developed within each living person, Kenbunshoku Haki, a power that allows users to sense the presense of others and see premonitions of the future, and Busoshoku Haki, a power that shields its user in protective armor and can harden parts of or the entirety of the user's body. There is a rare ability of Haki that only few can learn, Haoshoku Haki, which is described as being a quality of a king, and allows the user to project his will outwards, dominating the will of others in the form of an electrified aura that can knock-out or put weaker willed individuals in a seizure induced state.
There is also an introduction to a number of famous blades of high quality used by skillful swordsman. These are commonly referred to as Meito, or "ranked blades". They are used by a large amount of characters, from a common pirate, to a marine, to even one of the Yonko.
Note: The verse is currently under revisions, so these numbers are subject to change. Especially those from the Post-Timeskip era.
Attack Potency and Durability:
- Buchi's Flying Drop Kick: Scales to High 8-C+ characters (8.52 Tons)
- The Buggy Bomb: This 8-B rating scales only to the Buggy Bomb (13.553 Tons).
- Crocodile's Desert Spada: Scales to 8-A characters (446.845 Tons).
- Gomu Gomu no Storm: Scales only to Alabasta Arc's Luffy 8-A+ Rapid Firing Techniques (649.24 Tons).
- Wyper's Burn Bazooka: Scales to the Low 7-C characters (1.97 Kilotons).
- Enel's El Thor: Scales to 7-C characters (35.411 Kilotons).
- Kuma's Ursa Shock: Scales to Low 7-B characters (1.744 Megatons).
- Elizabello’s Lite King Punch/Chinjao's Drill Dragon Nail: Scales to Low 7-B+ characters (5.84 Megatons).
- The King Punch: Scales to 7-A characters (382.52 Megatons).
- Pica repairs his torso: Scales to 7-A+ characters (838.527 Megatons).
- Fujitora lifts rubble: Scales to Fujitora (1.98876673 Gigatons)
- Enel's Theoretical Raigou: Scales only to Enel's 6-C Environment Destruction (7.238 Gigatons).
- Fujitora's Biggest Meteor: Scales to Fujitora w/ meteors (46.2 Gigatons).
- Zunisha's Trunk: Scales to Zunesha (60.8498 Gigatons).
- Whitebeard's Tsunami: Scales to the 6-B characters (13.595 Teratons).
- The Skypeia 8-B's are from scaling to the Impact Dial, which is stated to be 1/10 the strength of the Reject Dial (So, the result is 17.9 Tons).
- The physical strength of every CP9 member was ranked by Fukurou, with Kalifa being the weakest with a power level (called Doriki) of 630 and Lucci's being 4000. The CP9’s scaling is primarily based off Blueno, who is shown capable taking on Skypeia Luffy casually, even tanking his attacks effortlessly. So, going off that, the rating for the CP9 are as follows; Blueno 7-C (35.41 Kilotons), Kalifa is 7-C (27.21 Kilotons), Fukuro is 7-C (34.547 Kilotons), Kumadori is 7-C (34.979 Kilotons), Jabra is 7-C+ (94.14 Kilotons), Kaku is 7-C+ (95.01 Kilotons), and Rob Lucci is High 7-C (172.74 Kilotons).
- The Gear Fourth transformation for Luffy is treated as a 3x multiplier of his strongest form, which is Gear 3rd, so for example, in Dressrosa, he would be rated at >3 Gigatons (High 7-A+) and anyone else who scales to Gear Fourth Luffy.
- The Low 6-B+ characters comes from the Three Admirals stopping one of Whitebeard's quakes (4.53 Teratons).
- Luffy outspeed explosion: Hypersonic+. Scales to all East Blue Saga characters
- Zoro vanishes from 100 people's line of sight: High Hypersonic. Scales to all Alabasta Saga characters
- Zoro reacts to lightning: Massively Hypersonic. Scales to the top tier Skypeia Arc characters
- Skypeia and Enies Lobby Nami’s Speed: Massively Hypersonic. Scales to low to mid-tier Skypeia Arc characters.
- Kalifa's speed: Massively Hypersonic+. Scales to Enies Lobby characters and onwards.
- Fellow Supernovas’ speed: Massively Hypersonic+. Scales to Pre-Timeskip Basil Hawkins and Marineford Luffy’s Gear Second and onwards.
- Marco's speed: Relativistic+. Scales to High, Top and God Tiers of the verse.
Size of Locations:
Regarding versus match-ups: For cross-verse matchup battles, logia Devil Fruit users are susceptible to attacks that are capable of catching them off guard, bypassing their regeneration, countering their elemental intangibility (ex: fire melting ice) or directly attacking the soul. Verse equalization does not grant an opponent from another verse the ability to utilize haki against a logia user. It was discussed here.
Regarding the canon: In terms of canon material, this wiki uses the manga strictly. The anime is considered non-canon here. In the case of anime, it contradicts statements, feats, personalities, and abilities of characters in many cases. This happens with censorship, filler content in canon material, and pacing.
Examples of censorship-based contradictions: Luffy's skull was pierced through the back by one of Jango's attacks, but in the anime, he catches it with his mouth. Red-leg Zeff cuts off his leg to escape from wreckage in the anime, but in the manga, he cuts it off and eats it to survive. During his fight with Absalom, Sanji was pierced completely through the chest by a blade and dropped Nami in order to keep blood off of her dress, whereas the anime simply had him pummeled with punches, and thus couldn't hold onto Nami anymore. These are just to name a few. There are dozens to hundreds of these cases both pre time-skip and post time-skip.
Examples of contradictions in the anime for abilities and powerscaling: Fujitora vs Luffy has different statements and displays Ferocious Tiger as bending space in the anime, which differs greatly from the manga. Smoker was shown capable of holding his own against Doflamingo and only fell once he attempted to protect his comrades, but the manga displays Doflamingo one-shotting him without any fight occuring. Mont-D'or's power is displayed as putting Luffy within a book in the anime and being susceptible to outside assaults without realizing it, but the manga only displays this when Luffy is staring at the pages of the book and very quickly returns to his senses once Nami calls out to him.
- Byakuya "Senbonzakura" Kuchiki
- Awesome Betterhero
- Valar Melkor 2
- Naruto The Bujin
- Celestial Pegasus
- eldritch abomination
- The man with the Midas touch
- Sword guy Z
- Calaca Vs
- Rei Rubro
Straw Hat Pirates
Straw Hat Grand Fleet
Black Cat Pirates
Thriller Bark Pirates
Red Hair Pirates
Big Mom Pirates
Impel Down Staff
Black Drum Kingdom
Fishman Island Faction