|“||Yeah, well, you know, as thrilling as the next adventure might be, in the end, you’re always left with that same feeling. Sometimes you’ve just got to choose what you’re going to keep and what you’re going to let go.||„|
|~ Nathan Drake|
Nathan Drake or Nate is the main protagonist of the Uncharted series. Born as Nathan Morgan, he is the second son of renown archaeologist Cassandra Morgan and the younger brother of Samuel Morgan. After his mother committed suicide while suffering from an unknown illness, he and his brother were relinquished to the state by their father when they were children and were brought in by the Saint Francis' Home for Boys. However, years later, the brothers would venture out one night to an unknown mansion to take back their mother's research, resulting in them being labelled as criminals due to a misunderstanding and forcing them to abandon their old lives. Changing their last names to Drake in honor of their mother's belief that the famous explorer Sir Francis Drake had heirs, Nathan and Samuel began a life of petty crime and thievery to survive while taking up their late mother's research at the same time.
In his teenage years, while on a mission to steal Sir Francis Drake's ring from a museum exhibit in Cartagena, Columbia, Nate encounters Victor Sullivan who was hired by Katherine Marlowe to steal it as well for her own reasons. After Marlowe threatens Nathan for taking the ring and interfering with her plans, Sullivan betrays her and rescues him from her men. Since that day, Sullivan became a father figure to Nate and greatly assisted him in his early adventures. Even later as an adult, Nathan Drake would become a professional treasure hunter and thief. With Sir Francis Drake's ring still in his possession, Nate began a life of creating his own greatness alongside Sullivan and several other allies throughout the series by pursuing mythical fortunes and discovering lost civilizations while saving the world from supernatural threats along the way.
Powers and Stats
Name: Nathan Drake (born Nathan Morgan), Nate
Age: 30-31 (Drake's Fortune), 33-34 (Among Thieves), 35 (Drake's Deception), 38 (A Thief's End)
Classification: Human, Thief, Treasure Hunter, Co-owner of D&F Fortunes
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Enhanced Senses (Sensed that he and Elena were being watched. Fought hordes of Descendants in a dark underground bunkerwith nothing but a flashlight to help him see), Social Influencing (Utilizes banter to draw out conversations to buy time and create plans, make his opponents lower their guardby making himself seem incompetent and anger themvia cracking jokes or mocking them), Acrobatics (Possesses great parkour and rock climbing skills, being able to scale various surfaces with his bare hands and jump from ledge to ledge with ease while climbing. Can leap great distances, fall from dozens of feetwith little to no injury, balance himself on narrow platforms and quickly maneuver on collapsing structures), Vehicular Mastery (Can skillfully drive standard road vehicles in wild environments while evading enemy fire and natural hazards. Can pilot planes), Stealth Mastery, Martial Arts (Skillfully performs techniques from various martial arts such as boxing, pro-wrestling, karate, jiu-jitsu, combat shooting, etc.), Minor Swordsmanship (Held his own against Rafe Adler in a sword fight), Expert Marksman (Is proficient with various firearms he acquires from the battlefield), Sleep Manipulation (Via tranquilizer darts), Explosion Manipulation (With grenades and other explosive weaponry), Limited Supernatural Luck (Projectiles fired at him are forced to miss. Can cause minor conveniences for himself which make sticky situations play out in his favor. His luck can be broken however), Resistance to Extreme Temperatures (Despite not wearing the appropriate gear and clothing, he managed to power through a blizzard in the Himalayas while bleeding out. Later, he casually traversed through the mountains with a mere coat on. Roamed the Rub' Al Khali desert for two days straight without any food or water), Minor Mind Manipulation (Resisted Talbot's hallucinogens for some time by refusing to obey his commands, running from him in an attempt to escape and forcing himself to flee from Sullivan and Elena so he wouldn't harm them out of it's induced hostility. Defeated squads of mercenarieswhile under the influence of the hallucinogens from the waters of Iram), Radiation (Suffered no ill effects from being in The Golden Abyss which was full of uranium deposits and radioactive artifacts) and Extreme Pain. With Mysticals, he has: Extrasensory Perception (Via Staff of Ayar Manco. Sends out pulses, placing enemies on radar for a short period), Summoning & Limited Soul Manipulation (Via Wrath of El Dorado. Summons the El Dorado which launches specters that seek out and damage nearby enemies), Resurrection (Via the Cintamani Stone. Channels the power of the Cintamani stone to revive downed allies), Invisibility & Speed Amplification (Via Spirit of the Djinn. Renders himself invisible and gains a speed boost while rolling or jumping off a rope swing), Time Manipulation (Via Indra’s Eternity. Creates a field which slows all enemy movement), Limited Teleportation (Via Path of Indra. Teleports himself to a nearby teammate) and Damage Reduction (Via Shield of Asgard. Temporarily reduces incoming damage)
Attack Potency: Small Building level (Fought those who can harm him. Physically harmeda superpowered Lazarević. DominatedTalbot in combat, who is physically equal to him. Years later, when he returned from his retirement, he harmed Nadine Ross with his strength despite not being able to keep up with her. Can wield explosive weapons like the RPG-7, which is powerful enough to damage tanks.)
Speed: Subsonic+ (Ran from an RPG rocket after it was fired at his position. Was described as being too fast to track by by mercenaries and snipers while on foot) with Supersonic+ combat speed and reactions (Has consistently dodged RPG-7 rockets. Has also consistently dodged rounds from assault rifles like the AK-47 and the G36. Reacted to and shot down Hydra 70 missiles from a helicopter), Subsonic+ (Makes use of M1911s and rocket launchers) to Supersonic+ attack speed with firearms (Uses weapons based on the FN SCAR, M4 Carbine, HK G36 and M249)
Lifting Strength: Class 5 (Can kick large oil drums without much effort and push over a small pillar. Can snap necks with ease while they're straight, which would require over 1,250 lbs of force. Caught and held a large gate. Pushed an Aerospatiale Alouette IIIoverboard a ship through weakened railings.)
Striking Strength: Small Building Class
Durability: Small Building level (Was blown up alongside Charlie Cutter by an RPG, which yielded this much energy. Was blown up by a tank shell but was only knocked back. Has tankedmultipleRPG explosions on several occasions. Has taken blows from Lazarević, Talbot and Nadine). His luck makes him somewhat difficult to kill.
Stamina: Superhuman (Despite getting shot and losing a lot of blood, he still managed to defeat a group of mercenaries. Later, he would power through a Himalayan blizzard while still bleeding out and not wearing the appropriate gear and clothing. Defeated groups of mercenaries in an abandoned village after roaming the Rub' Al Khali desert or two straight days without any food or water.)
Range: Standard melee range. Several meters with grenades. Tens of meters with close range firearms such as shotguns. Hundreds of meters with firearms such as assault rifles and sniper rifles.
- Pistols: PM-9mm (Makarov PM), 92FS-9mm (Beretta 92FS Brigadier Inox), Desert-5 (IMI Desert Eagle Mark VII), .45 Defender (Colt Defender), P08-9mm (Luger P08), Para 9 (Walther P99), Beretta 92FS Brigadier, Raffica (Beretta 93R Hybrid), Aegis 9mm (Beretta 8000 Cougar), Para .45 (Colt Rail Gun/M1911A1 Hybrid), Fake Beretta 93R, Flintlock
- Revolvers: Wes-44 (Smith and Wesson Model 629 Classic), Mag 5 (Dan Wesson PPC), Tau Sniper (Taurus Raging Bull), Barok .44 (Mateba Model 6 Unica)
- Submachine Guns: Micro-9mm (IMI Micro Uzi), MP40, Arm Micro (MasterPiece Arms MPA930SST), Fossa R-81 (Sa. Vz. 61 Skorpion/IMI Micro Uzi Hybrid), XCR (Robinson Armament XCR-L CQB), HS39 (SIG-Sauer SIG556 Classic)
- Assault Rifles: AK-47, M4 (Colt Model 653, M4 Carbine), FAL (FN FAL, IMI Romat), KAL-7 (AKMSU), G-MAL (IMI Galil hybrid), M9 (Heckler & Koch HK416D), FAL-SS (FN FAL 50.00), AK-47 (AKM), Mettler M-30 (Ruger Mini-30 Tactical), Copperhead SR7 (Ruger Mini-14), Lowe-S (Remington ACR),
- Shotguns: Moss-12 (Mossberg Maverick 88), SAS-12 (Franchi SPAS-12), Pistole, Sawed Off Shotgun, Beretta ARX-160, Spezzotti 12 Gauge (Armscor/Rock Island Armory M30 M5 Matte Nickel), Sawn-off Over and Under shotgun, Condor (Kel-Tec KSG/Mossberg 500/590 Hybrid), Harrison 1890 (Winchester Model 1866)
- Sniper Rifles: Dragon Sniper (Hybrid SVD/PSL sniper), T-Bolt Sniper (TKIV-85), Mazur LDR (Remington M40A3), M14 Custom
- Machine Guns: DShK heavy machine gun, GAU-19 (General Dynamics GAU-19/A, Fictional M134 Minigun Based Weapon, Portable Minigun, ZU-23, PAK-80 (PKM), M1919A4, Stoner 63
- Launchers: M79 Grenade Launcher, M32-Hammer (Milkor MGL Mk 1L Grenade Launcher), RPG-7, China Lake GL (China Lake/Milkor MGL Hybrid)
- Thrown Weapons/Explosives: Mk-ND1 (M67 Hand Grenade), M26 Hand Grenade
- Mounted Weaponry: AGS-17, Stoner 63
- Other: Tranquilizer Dart Gun (Pneu Dart Model 179B CO2 Pistol), Flare gun (Heckler & Koch P11 Underwater Pistol), Grappling hook, piton, flashlight, Crossbow, Propane tank
- Wrath of El Dorado
- Cintamani stone
- Staff of Ayar Manco
- Spirit of the Djinn
- Indra's Eternity
- Path of Indra
- Shield of Asgard
Intelligence: Gifted (Has encyclopedic knowledge of vast amounts of history including South American mythology and civilizations, Tibetan culture, Arabian legends, Marco Polo's travels, Sir Francis Drake's discoveries, Greek mythology, pirate history and more. He can recall historical dates and the exact events that occurred during that time with startling accuracy. Has noticed inconsistencies within history, which led to the unveiling of secrets such as the Tree of Life and Sir Francis Drake's missions and supernatural threats hidden away by the late explorer. Is knowledgeable in several languages, being able to fluently translate 16th century Spanish from the pages of an old journal and fluently read Latin along with some skill in Indonesian, Turkish, German, etc. When he competes against others over a treasure, he is always ahead and makes breakthroughs they couldn't accomplish themselves even when they held a major advantage. He has solved dozens of ancient puzzles in his career with the use of his historical knowledge, observations and notes in his journals. In terms of combat, he is a master of improvisation and uses his sharp wits to escape any sticky situation he may find himself in through either banter or quickly improvised plans. He even utilizes the environment in combat and thanks to his acrobatic skills and gear, he can get the drop on foes without being detected. He is very skilled in close combat despite not being formally trained, taking out nearly a dozen agents and mercenaries at once, defeating men who are twice his size and fending off supernatural beings. Additionally, he's skilled when it comes to weaponry and is proficient with any firearm he gets his hands on [including primitive weapons like a crossbow] and managed to hold his own against Rafe Adler in a swordfight despite never using a sword before).
Weaknesses: Normal human weaknesses, though he is more resilient than the average man. Mostly relies on his improvisation and wits to survive. His luck can be temporarily broken under severe pressure which leaves him vulnerable, but it can replenish itself after a moment of him taking cover. During the events of Uncharted 4, he's out of his prime and rusty, which resulted in incidents like his defeat against Nadine Ross.
Nathan Drake has solved many centuries old puzzles throughout his entire career due to his incredible knowledge of history, and his ability to speak several languages.
- He fluently translated 16th century Spanish.
- Solved a centuries old pirate puzzle.
- And Again.
- Another puzzle.
- And yet another puzzle.
- Another puzzle, you get it.
Nathan Drake, an ordinary human with no special abilities, is incredibly durable, managing to keep on fighting after tons of abuse.
- Survived, and continued fighting, after having his head smashed through several glass bottles, thrown through a glass window, falling several feet, and smashing through a table.
- Continued fighting against an enemy twice his size, who smashed his head through a light, and cracks the wall by throwing him.
- After being hit almost directly with a grenade, he fell through a collapsing building, slid several fleet, smashed through wooden fencing, and managed to stop himself falling to death by catching onto a cliff several feet below.
- Survived jumping into the air and landing someone while the floor under them collapses, causing Nate to fall several feet onto his back where he bounced off and fell several more feet, landing face first on the rock cliff below.
- Survived wandering through the Rub Al Khali desert alone for two days without any food or water.
- After wandering the desert for two days with no food or drink, he stumbled upon a ruined town, filled with enemies he fights and defeats.
- Survived nearly being crushed by a giant bell, sliding off of a gear, catching himself, only to be swung through a wooden pillar and dropped several feet onto a metal gear down below while inside of a collapsing clock tower.
- Just after being knocked off of him boat in a gunfight, he was marooned on a random island in the midst of the night with a pouring rainstorm and falls, while climbing a rock wall, down a long way onto the rock cave floor below, causing him to pass out, but survived.
- Smashed through a wooden pillar while being dragged over the ocean by his grappling hook, which he attached to an armored truck. He held onto the rope and continued climbing it after.
- Survived being directly smashed into by an armored car.
- Possibly Nate's greatest Durability feat (also part climbing feat). After being shot in the gut aboard a train that derails and is now dangling off of a cliff in the Himalayan Mountains, he nearly fell out of the train, caught himself, and climbed back up the train which began sliding off of the cliff. All while losing blood and having no gloves or jacket in the freezing environment.
Though he has had no formal training, Nathan Drake is an incredibly skilled gunfighter, and melee fighter.
- Defeated a trained military officer much larger than him in a fist fight.
- Defeated a guy at least twice his size one on one after taking a beating.
- Fought off an armed caravan while jumping between his horse and one of the trucks.
- Held his own against Talbot, who is armed with a knife, while the city around him is collapsing, eventually beating him with Sully's help.
- Single handedly defeated an armored truck that is chasing after him with just one gun.
- Used a mounted gun on a train to shoot down a helicopter and its missiles.
- Managed to injure Lazarevic with his fists while Lazarevic is super powered.
- Survived Lazarevic's onslaught and eventually defeated him.
- While a truck is dragging him through mud by his grappling hook, he also managed to shoot and kill enemies in another truck next to him.
- After surviving a car crash, he crawled out of his flaming car and killed two attacking enemies while on his back.
- He is a skilled sword fighter.
- Ended up winning his sword fight...for a minute.
- Defeated Navarro, who is armed with a shotgun, while Nate is unarmed, in a hand to hand fight.
Nate is incredibly agile and has very good reflexes. He puts these talents to use to create his incredible climbing and free-running talent, allowing him to quickly get across even the biggest structures no matter the circumstances.
- Nate jumped across crumbling balconies while being shot at by a helicopter.
- Climbed up a ruined, collapsing building, as it is being shot down.
- Jumped across the remains and constantly collapsing floor of the building just before it totally fell down, hundreds of feet.
- Climbed across the remains of a destroyed staircase while avoiding falling, flaming, debris from above as the hundreds year old building he is in collapses.
- Narrowly grabbed onto a piece of the staircase as it shatters with him on it, and began to climb out of the burning building.
- Jumped across pieces of collapsing Earth as they are pushed off a ledge into an abyss in a hidden city.
- Narrowly caught onto the casing of a truck caught on a cargo plane, after he was knocked out of the plane itself. He slowly climbed back on using the truck.
- Fell off of a gear in a collapsing clock tower and narrowly grappled onto a stable piece of it, slowing his fall so he can survive.
- Scaled a rock wall after being shipwrecked on an island during a thunderstorm.
- Ran and jumped across a collapsing bridge as it crumbles down into an abyss.
- Climbed incredibly high up an ancient monument with 0 assistance or fail safes.
- Nate showed his awesome reflexes by dodging an RPG after it is fired.
Nathan Drake is an extremely lucky individual. Often times the fact that he can catch onto collapsing buildings just before dying, while lucky, can be attested to his reflexes and climbing skill. However, he is also incredibly naturally lucky. Cheating death on several occasions.
- He is about to be shot and killed when he is attacker is run over by an armored car.
- After being sucked out of a cargo plane that then explodes, he fell through the air, and narrowly latched onto one piece of cargo that happens to have a parachute attached to it.
- Narrowly missed being crushed by part of a giant chandelier, by collapsing perfectly in the center of it, which is open.
- While he is being dragged by a train he is holding onto, part of the train behind him got shot and exploded, and began spiralling towards him about to crush him, just as he enters a tunnel.
- After shooting a mercenary wielding an RPG, it causes a chain reaction where the tower in which the enemies are housed is destroyed.
- A random grenade tossed by Nate causes an entire cruise liner to sink and paves the way for his escape.
- After shooting an explosive barrel on a truck, it flew up into the air and crashed right before him to create a perfect bridge to continue his path.
- Acrobatics: Nate is an incredibly skilled free runner and climber. Nate was taught by his older brother how to scale various structures and skillfully utilize a grappling hook which allowed him to escape his orphanage as a kid. As a teen, he easily scaled buildings in Cartagena to follow Victor Sullivan and jumped from rooftops to escape Katherine Marlowe's men. Years later as an adult, his climbing skills are at their finest and has greatly assisted him in his treasure hunting career. Nate is able to scale great monumental structures and cliffsides without any equipment, leap great distances without a running start, fall from heights dozens of feet with little to no injury, balance himself on narrow platforms, and quickly escape from collapsing structures. With his grappling hook, he can swing from one place to another (and can do so consecutively) and overcome obstacles and terrain that are impossible for him to get through himself. With a piton, he can stab it into a craggy surface while climbing and use it as leverage to get to another point.
- Stealth & Thievery: Nate is a professional thief and is excellent at stealth. As a kid, he and his older brother created a routine where one of them would distract a target while another would sneak behind them and steal their belongings. Years later, he would pickpocket Victor Sullivan of his wallet yet after getting caught, Nate still fooled him by giving back his wallet, but taking the key to Sir Francis Drake's exhibit case in the process. He was also able to pickpocket a waiter of their key card in a hall full of people and stole back his journal from Talbot when he threw him out a window. Alongside Harry Flynn, he broke into a heavily secure Istanbul museum and was successful until Flynn double-crossed him and triggered an alarm so he could be captured. In combat, Nate uses his acrobatic skills to gain vantage points, concealing himself from his targets and observing them from said point to plan out an attack and take action. He can easily snap necks and knock out targets with simple techniques and does so while silently waiting in the tall grass, dark structures among other hiding spots in his environment.
- Combat Skills: Despite not having any formal training, Nate is an extremely skilled hand-to-hand combatant. He doesn't have a definitive fighting style, instead drawing from various martial arts and performing various techniques while fighting. Nate also uses underhanded tactics like throwing dirt in his opponent's eyes, kicking them in the groin and even snapping their arm to steal their weapon. A major aspect of his combat skill is his resourcefulness in his environment in various ways by attacking with nearby objects and turning over furniture to use as cover. It's because of these skills that he has consistently defeated mercenaries, soldiers and agents in combat despite their training and experience. He has defeated groups of men singlehandedly and men much larger and stronger than himself without issue.
- Weapon Proficiency: Nate is an expert marksman, being skilled with any firearm he acquires on the battlefield. From assault rifles and rocket launchers to old flintlock pistols and crossbows, he has no issue clearing out groups of foes in head on firefights despite being outnumbered. He also uses grenades well and can calculate how to throw them so that they land right next to his target. Nate is also a quick learner when it comes to weaponry as evidenced by the time he held his own against Rafe Adler in a swordfight despite not having any prior experience.
- Supernatural Luck: Nate is very lucky, helping him survive the most impossible odds. Thanks to his luck, bullets fired at him are forced to miss unless the opponent has a definite clear shot. His luck along with his survival skills makes him difficult to kill which has allowed him to defeat groups of foes at a time despite being heavily outnumbered and outgunned. However, his luck isn't only limited to just assisting him in gunfights. In more than one occasion, his luck causes conveniences for him by creating escape opportunities or making it so that a sticky situation becomes more favorable. However, Nate's luck can be broken under severe pressure. Essentially, his luck is like a meter where each bullet that is successfully misdirected uses up his luck each time until it's finally broken. For instance, if Nate is under heavy fire, a good amount of bullets won't hit him, but in turn, his luck decreases until eventually it gives out and one fatal bullet gets through and kills him. His luck can replenish itself though if Nate takes cover or just stays out of enemy fire all together for a moment.