For detailed information about the series, see the My Hero Academia Wiki.
My Hero Academia (僕のヒーローアカデミア Boku no Hīrō Academia) is a manga written and illustrated by Kōhei Horikoshi and is published in Weekly Shonen Jump. The first chapter was published on July 7, 2014 in issue 32 of Weekly Shonen Jump. The manga is very Westernized, having a similar style to American Comics.
People are not born equal, a realization that a 4-year-old Izuku Midoriya faced when bullied by his classmates who had unique special powers. Izuku was one of the rare cases where he was born with absolutely no unique powers. This did not stop Izuku from pursuing his dream, a dream of becoming a great hero like the legendary All Might. In order to become the hero he always wanted to be, he will now join the ranks of one of the highest rated hero academies in the country, U.A. High School.
Quirk: A Quirk (個性 Kosei, lit. "Individuality") is a special, superhuman ability an individual can possess. Quirks are usually unique to their user, and are classified in multiple categories:
- Emitter: Emitter-type Quirks have the ability to release certain types of substances, or alter the materials around them in particular ways. Generally, Emitter Quirks require a conscious effort to activate (such as Explosion, Half-Cold Half-Hot, and Electrification), and some even need large amounts of concentration to remain active (such as Erasure).
- Transformation: Transformation-type Quirks causes the user to have a temporary alteration of some kind. Transformation Quirks allow the user to temporarily "transform" their body in various ways, sometimes by enhancing existing features (Hardening, Muscle Augmentation) or perhaps by adding new features to the body (Tool Arms).
- Mutant: Mutant-type (also called Heteromorphic-types) Quirks can have a wide variety of characteristics and abilities depending on the individual, but the common similarity seems to be that these Quirks are part of the user's anatomy, causing the user to exhibit irregular body features that generally have some kind of purpose to them. As a result, Mutant Quirks are permanently active and are the most identifiable.
- Accumulation: Accumulation-type Quirks have accumulated power, energy, or mass as a prerequisite condition to function correctly. Quirks such as One For All, which possesses the crystallized power of multiple people, are classified as Accumulation Quirks.
This verse has many super-powered heroes and villains with dangerous types of Quirks, but most of the strongest ones tend to have a weakness. The majority of combatants possess Building level physical strength with Supersonic reactions and combat speed, and have access to one or two special skills that can increase their damage output.
High-ranking heroes in training and veteran Pro Heroes have feats ranging from Large Building level to Multi-City Block level, with most of them being capable of moving at Supersonic to Supersonic+ speeds. At their primes, All Might and All For One were Mountain level+ who could travel at High Hypersonic+ speeds.
Attack Potency and Durability
- Mei Hatsume's Durability - Small Building level
- Fumikage Tokoyami's Durability (U.A. Beginnings) - Small Building level+
- Villain Bots' Armor Durability - Building level
- Katsuki Bakugo's Attack Potency (First Chapter) - Building level
- Knuckleduster and Number 6's Attack Potency - Building level+
- Katsuki Bakugo's Attack Potency (U.A. Beginnings) - Building level+
- Mashirao Ojiro and Kyoka Jiro's Attack Potency (Rise of Villains) - Building level+
- Katsuki Bakugo (Rise of Villains) and Izuku Midoriya's 8% Attack Potency - Large Building level
- Executor Bots' Attack Potency - Large Building level+
- Shoto Todoroki's Half-Hot Attack Potency (U.A. Beginnings) - City Block level
- Fat Gum's Spear Attack Potency - City Block level
- Izuku Midoriya's 20% Attack Potency - City Block level
- Giant Villains' Attack Potency - City Block level+
- Shoto Todoroki's Half-Cold Attack Potency (Rise of Villains) - Multi-City Block level
- Best Jeanist's Durability - Multi-City Block level
- Re-Destro's Attack Potency - Multi-City Block level
- All Might (Weakened) and Izuku Midoriya's 100% Attack Potency - Small City level+
- Gigantomachia's Attack Potency - City level
- Izuku Midoriya and Katsuki Bakugo's Full Cowl 100% Attack Potency - Mountain level
- Izuku Midoriya's Speed (Rise of Villains) - Subsonic+
- Shoto Todoroki's Half-Cold Speed (U.A. Beginnings) - Supersonic
- Izuku Midoriya's 5% Speed - Supersonic
- O'Clock and Number 6's Speed - Hypersonic to High Hypersonic
- Hitoshi Shinso's Lifting Strength (Rise of Villains) - Class 1
- Izuku Midoriya's 5% Lifting Strength - Class 5
- Izuku Midoriya's 8% Lifting Strength - Class 10
- Izuku Midoriya's 20% Lifting Strength - Class K
- Giant Villains' Lifting Strength - Class M
- All Might (Weakened) and Izuku Midoriya's 100% Lifting Strength - Class T
- Hop Hoppington-Hoppenhiemer
- Hst master
- Magi Hussie
- Ciruno Fortes
- Arrogant Schmuck
- Qliphoth Bacikal
- Dargoo Faust
Heroes in Training