For detailed information about the series, see the My Hero Academia Wiki.
My Hero Academia (僕のヒーローアカデミア Boku no Hīrō Academia) is a manga written and illustrated by Kōhei Horikoshi and is published in Weekly Shonen Jump. The first chapter was published on July 7, 2014 in issue 32 of Weekly Shonen Jump. The manga is very Westernized, having a similar style to American Comics.
People are not born equal, a realization that a 4-year-old Izuku Midoriya faced when bullied by his classmates who had unique special powers. Izuku was one of the rare cases where he was born with absolutely no unique powers. This did not stop Izuku from pursuing his dream, a dream of becoming a great hero like the legendary All Might. In order to become the hero he always wanted to be, he will now join the ranks of one of the highest rated hero academies in the country, U.A. High School.
Quirk: A Quirk (個性 Kosei, lit. "Individuality") is a special, superhuman ability an individual can possess. Quirks are usually unique to their user, and are classified in multiple categories:
- Emitter: Emitter-type Quirks have the ability to release certain types of substances, or alter the materials around them in particular ways. Generally, Emitter Quirks require a conscious effort to activate (such as Explosion, Half-Cold Half-Hot, and Electrification), and some even need large amounts of concentration to remain active (such as Erasure).
- Transformation: Transformation-type Quirks causes the user to have a temporary alteration of some kind. Transformation Quirks allow the user to temporarily "transform" their body in various ways, sometimes by enhancing existing features (Hardening, Muscle Augmentation) or perhaps by adding new features to the body (Tool Arms).
- Mutant: Mutant-type (also called Heteromorphic-types) Quirks can have a wide variety of characteristics and abilities depending on the individual, but the common similarity seems to be that these Quirks are part of the user's anatomy, causing the user to exhibit irregular body features that generally have some kind of purpose to them. As a result, Mutant Quirks are permanently active and are the most identifiable.
- Accumulation: Accumulation-type Quirks have accumulated power, energy, or mass as a prerequisite condition to function correctly. Quirks such as One For All, which possesses the crystallized power of multiple people, are classified as Accumulation Quirks.
Although this verse is not particularly powerful, it has many super-powered heroes and villains with dangerous types of Quirks, but most of the stronger ones tend to have a weakness. The majority of combatants possess Building level physical strength with Supersonic reactions and combat speed, and have access to one or two special abilities that can increase their damage output.
High-ranking heroes in training and veteran Pro Heroes have feats ranging from Large Building level to City Block level, with them usually being able to move at Supersonic+ to Hypersonic speeds. The top tiers in the setting, All Might and All For One, are Island level that can travel at Hypersonic+ speeds.
Attack Potency and Durability:
- Mei Hatsume's Durability - Small Building level
- Fumikage Tokoyami's Durability - Small Building level+
- Villain Bots' Armor Durability - Building level
- Katsuki Bakugou's Attack Potency (First Chapter) - Building level
- Izuku Midoriya's 5% Durability (U.A. Beginnings Saga) - Building level+
- Katsuki Bakugou's Attack Potency (Rise of Villains Saga) - Building level+
- Fat Gum's Spear Attack Potency - Large Building level
- Zero-Point Bots' Attack Potency - Large Building level+
- Shouto Todoroki's Half-Hot Attack Potency - Large Building level+
- High-End's Attack Potency - City Block level
- Endeavor's Hellflame Attack Potency - City Block level+
- All Might (Weakened)/Izuku Midoriya's 100% Attack Potency - Small City level+
- All Might's Attack Potency (Wounded) - Island level
- Izuku Midoriya's Speed (Rise of Villains Saga) - Subsonic+
- Shouto Todoroki's Half-Cold Speed - Supersonic
- Gran Torino's Casual Speed - Supersonic+
- Sir Nighteye's Combat Speed - Hypersonic
- Izuku Midoriya's 5% Lifting Strength - Class 5
- Izuku Midoriya's 8% Lifting Strength - Class 10
- Izuku Midoriya's 20% Lifting Strength - Class K
- Miruko's Lifting Strength - Class K
- Hop Hoppington-Hoppenhiemer
- Hst master
- Magi Hussie
- Arrogant Schmuck
- Qliphoth Bacikal
- Dargoo Faust
Heroes in Training