Hey Venom. I don't know how busy you are, or if you are doing anything else, but when, and if, you have the time, could you take a look and give your thoughts on this thread. It seems to have stagnated and we would really appreciate your input.
The mythology profiles on VBW are all unreliable garbage without exception. To fix this, we need:
1. Citations for every supposed feat, description, or ability in mythology, from reputable sources on ancient or modern mythologies (primary sources, of course, being the best). If we're quoting primary mythological texts (such as the Iliad) directly, then the specific translator of the text should be noted as well. The citations should obviously have links.
2. Detailed explanations for the cosmology of each mythology. I don't want to have to hear about 4-B Norns or the High 1-B Hindu-Buddhist multiverse without a proper explanation as to why.
3. The separation of "normal" and "abnormal" conceptions of various mythological figures into multiple keys (e.g. no conflating Hellenistic Dionysus with Orphic Dionysus and Dionysiaca Dionysus, as the character profile does)
4. A standard of dealing with the various names, titles, and epithets of mythological figures. In ancient cultures, such names, titles, and epithets were extremely important theologically speaking.
5. A standard of dealing with various "high-concept" descriptions of deities (I.e. descriptions of them being "exalted beyond the heavens" or "infinite and eternal" or "spaceless and timeless"). Should we take them at face-value (as the ancient cultures most likely did, for the most part), or should we consider them as mostly hyperbole, or should be try to "contextualize" them in a modern philosophical context?
6. A standard of dealing with ancient theologies, especially for mythologies without a specific "canon" (like classical mythology). I don't understand why we should have to consider Amaterasu as equal to Amenominakanushi based on an unnamed and unsourced old Japanese religious text that doesn't even seem to exist.
Myself, @ALRF and @Ssskoopa suspect the verity of the Japanese fragments provided. I've provided screenshots showing the real text of the "Magic" excerpt. Given that they do not match, we have been suggested to enquiry an explanation.
I know really well that the blog is terrible, it includes next to nothing about the apologetics behind Demonbane's characters' might. "Outdated", yet mentions the al-Azif ex Mortis, which is one of the latest things to appear on the series (2+ years ago, out of soon-to-be 15 years of long-running).
In any case, that is not the reason why this message was posted. We are aware that the Japanese text you provided in that blog just doesn't match to the original. Then, why?