|“||You know what they say, all toasters toast toast!||„|
Mario is the main protagonist of Hotel Mario for the Phillips CD-i. In this game, Mario and his brother, Luigi, travel from hotel to hotel to rescue the princess. In each hotel, he fought one of the Koopalings, until finally he defeated Bowser in his castle.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 8-C
Origin: Hotel Mario
Age: Likely in his 30s
Classification: Plumber, Human
Attack Potency: At least Building level (Can trade blows with opponents who can harm him)
Speed: At least Subsonic (Can dodge Banzai Bills, which should be comparable to cannon fire in speed)
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: At least Building Class
Stamina: Should be fairly high (Fought through several hotels, defeating dozens of enemies inside, without any indication of taking any breaks in between)
Range: Standard melee range, tens of meters with fireballs
- Fire Flower: Ingestion of this will grant Mario the power to shoot fireballs. Lost if Mario takes a hard enough hit.
- Starman: Grants Mario invulnerability to enemy attacks and the ability to harm opponents simply by touching them.
- Mushrooms: Grants Mario the ability to take another hit.
Weaknesses: His powerups are lost upon taking a hit
- Defeated Bowser and all of the Koopalings while chasing them to and from different hotels, presumably all in one go. This involved climbing a giant beanstalk, escaping multiple hotels as they crumble apart and/or explode, and lots of running across long distances to reach hotels.
- Can dodge enemies that should be comparable to cannonballs in speed.
- Jumping: Mario's signature technique. He jumps up into the air and stomps on the opponent's head in an attempt to crush them under his weight.
- Fireballs: Mario can shoot fireballs that bounce along the ground until they hit something, assuming that he possesses a Fire Flower.