|Madoka Kaname • Kriemhild Gretchen • False Madoka • Level 9999|
|“||If someone tells me that it's wrong to hope, I'll tell them they're wrong every time.||„|
|~ Madoka Kaname|
|“||The Doppel of Mercy. Her form is that of salvation. This Doppel is a replica of mercy. The owner of these feelings dreams of saving everyone and everything inside the Doppel. This Doppel, which has powers similar to that of a god's, will probably level the earth and reduce it all to dust." and "The Doppel of mercy. Its form is salvation. The master of this emotion attempts to save all things in creation. This Doppel resembles a giant, floating Soul Gem. When it appears, everything around it is pulled into the interior of the substance it produces, and is thereby rendered helpless. Thereafter, the Doppel surfaces dramatically, shines, and embraces all of its surroundings in arrows of light. Throughout all this, the emotion’s master sleeps continuously within the giant Soul Gem.||„|
|~ Official Descriptions of Doppel Kriemhild Gretchen|
|“||The Doppel of mercy. Its form is a New Year’s congratulation. Within the Doppel’s interior, the master of this emotion turns her thoughts toward the new year that’s about to begin. This Doppel concentrates all the wishes made over the past year into this one moment, and bestows them upon its target as a merciful blessing. The sheer scale of the wishes dreamed of by this Doppel, a being alive for just a fraction of a moment, are sure to equally crush every creature on Earth, a planet that has prospered over many billions of years.||„|
|“||My name is Kaname Madoka. I used to be just an ordinary middle school student, but now I'm an existence who bears the fates of magical girls. I don't regret it, though. It's a precious wish I've been able to find thanks to my dear friend.||„|
|~ Magia Record|
|“||Do you know what happiness is? It's bright May sunshine. It's the warmth of family. It's fried eggs for breakfast. But there's nothing like that in Heaven.||„|
Madoka Kaname (鹿目 まどか, Kaname Madoka) is the protagonist of the anime and manga series, Puella Magi Madoka Magica. She is a gentle and kind girl who lives a normal life, has a happy life, surrounded by a good family and good friends. One day, she has a dream in which a mysterious girl fights a monster. The next day, the girl in her sleep, Homura Akemi, comes to her school as a transfer student.
Her life changes when she meets Kyubey, which gives you a desire to change her to become a Puella Magi. It is understood that she has great magical potential inside and Kyubey is particularly interested in making a deal with her.
Powers And Stats
Tier: 6-C, 5-C as Doppel Kriemhild Gretchen | Unknown | 2-A
Name: Madoka Kaname, Doppel of Salvation | Madoka Kaname | Law of Cycles, Hyper Ultimate Madoka (Early name), Godoka (By fans)
Origin: Puella Magi Verse
Age: 14, likely 15 | 14 | Immeasurable
Classification: Magical Girl, Doppel of Salvation | Magical Girl | Goddess, Conceptual Entity, Crystalized Magical Girl
Powers and Abilities:
Puella Magi Physiology, Barrier and Armor bypassing via basic Magic Arrow, Resurrection, minor Light Manipulation, Death Manipulation with Purification and White Light of Salvation, minor Body Control with Pannier Rocket, minor Size Manipulation with Twinkle Staff, Homing Attack, Danmaku, Summoning (Can summon Kyubey as a decoy), Statistics Cut (Attack Potency) with Magical Squall, Darkness Manipulation / Perception Manipulation via Pluvia Neuer, Body Puppetry (Accidently took control of Homura's body in the Drama CDs when she healed her body). With Memoria she has: Regeneration (Likely Mid), Statistics Amplification (Attack Potency), Minor Weather Manipulation, Improved Resistance to Power Nullification. As Doppel Kriemhild Gretchen, she has the abilities of the regular Kriemhild Gretchen: Invisibility, Absorption, Lightning Manipulation, Water Manipulation, Weather Manipulation, Spaceflight, Large Size (Type 4, her true size is described to be larger than the moon), Immortality (Type 1)
All previous abilities, (except Memoria, Connect, and Doppel) but enhanced, in addition to Time Travel and Duplication (via Magical Squall) and Soul Absorption, Acausality (Limited Type 1; is capable of dreaming previous timelines, however is otherwise very affected)
All of the above, but upscaled to her new level, Immortality (Types 1, 3, and 9, exists in a higher plane of existence separated from the normal universe), Cosmic Awareness (Aware of all possible futures and pasts, of all universes. Can perceive entire universes "frame by frame" and hear even the smallest of sounds, even in ones she does not exist in), Non-Physical Interaction, Higher-Dimensional Existence, Avatar Creation (Used a physical representation to enter in Homulily's world), Acausality (Type 5. Became an existence which is no longer a part of the universe, with nobody being able to neither interact with nor remember her anymore, as she's now completely outside time, cause and effect, without any kind of connection to the world), Incorporeality, Omnipresence and Abstract Existence (Type 1. Stated to have become a concept that exists across all space and time), Law Manipulation and Conceptual Manipulation (Type 1. Rearranged the universes to make them fit with the new law she has created in order to erase in every universe, past and future the concept of Witches. Can destroy or rewrite laws, which in context are concepts due to Madoka herself being the Law of Cycles), Time Manipulation, Large Size (Up to Type 8 for avatars, Gen Urobuchi stated that Ultimate Madoka’s skirt is the actual universe; Type 9 for her true conceptual self), Causality Manipulation, Void Manipulation, Existence Erasure (Able to erase beings, including the likes of Ultimate Kriemhild Gretchen), Reality Warping, Immunity to Soul Manipulation (Doesn't have a soul), Resistance to Curse Manipulation and Mind Manipulation (Unaffected by the curses of Ultimate Kriemhild Gretchen, which can corrupt minds), Unconventional Resistance to Power Absorption and Memory Manipulation (If her powers or memories are stolen they will either take control of the opponent or manifest as a separate being). Has the abilities and Memoria of all magical girls in the Puella Magi Verse (As the Law of Cycles, it is revealed she incorporates the magical girls she saves as part of her Heaven, which is also her being) with the exception of the main Homura Akemi
Attack Potency: Island level (With the use of Magical Squall, called Puruwia★Magica in Magia Record, Madoka parted a cloud with a massive kinetic energy output), Moon level as Doppel Kriemhild Gretchen (Her Doppel can level the Earth and then reduce it all to dust) | Unknown (Madoka grows exponentially stronger after each reset, thus her final timeline self [after an unknown, but still immense amount of resets] should be far stronger than her fifth timeline self, who should be comparable to fourth timeline Kriemhild Gretchen) | Multiverse level+ (Completely reformed the multiverse, which is stated to be made of infinite universes, from destroying the concept of Witches in every universe, past and future. Ascended to a higher level of existence to become a conceptual entity as the Law of Cycles itself, which encompasses the multiverse as well as the nonexistent multiverse beyond it. Implied to be on par with Ultimate Kriemhild Gretchen)
Speed: Massively Hypersonic+ (Should be at least on par with her third timeline counterpart [Likely is her third timeline counterpart.], becomes faster as Doppel Kriemhild) | At least Massively Hypersonic+, likely higher (Far above all the other magical girls in the series. Madoka becomes faster after each reset) | Omnipresent (Exists as a concept throughout the entire Puella Magi multiverse. Can also manifest outside the timelines and in the nonexistent multiverse)
Striking Strength: Island Class | Unknown | Multiversal+
Durability: At most Island level, Moon level as Doppel Kriemhild. Higher for her Soul Gem (Soul Gems tend to be the most durable part of a magical girl, as their purpose is to provide a safe, compact 'body' for magical girls according to Kyubey) | Unknown | Multiverse level+ (Existing as an abstract concept makes killing her very difficult without a high level of Concept Manipulation)
Stamina: At least Superhuman (Rated as a 5.5 in stamina, making her immensely superior to Sayaka Miki) Transformation into a Doppel Witch resets the corruption on the Soul Gem, restoring their stamina | Practically limitless, due to being leagues above all the other magical girls | Likely limitless as a Goddess
Range: Several thousands of kilometers. The soul gem can only possess the magical girl's body up to 100 meters away. Interdimensional with Extrasensory Perception (All magical girls can detect witches location from outside of their barriers). Planetary once she becomes a Doppel Witch | Planetary, the manga incarnation has Multiversal+ range (Saved the magical girls of all timelines and worlds before transforming into Ultimate Madoka) | At least Multiversal+ (Able to affect both the infinite multiverse and the nonexistent multiverse where she constantly fights Ultimate Kriemhild Gretchen), seemingly Higher with Pink Kyubeys and Pink Feathers
Standard Equipment: A Staff that can behave as a bow, a badminton racket in her Haregi, and her soul gem
Intelligence: At least Average as a Magical Girl, possibly Above Average (Despite being looked upon as the most naive of the magical girls, she was smart enough to avoid making a wish and made a complex wish while understanding its complications), Doppel Witches generally have a mind of their own in addition to their 'Masters', however it is usually equal to their magical girl form albeit more violent and bordering on the morally gray | Omniscience within the World of Wraiths (Her omnipresence allows her to see all timelines past, present, and future as well as shown to have awareness of all timelines; she can even see timelines that no longer exist and have yet to come to pass; shown in Nagisa's Wish that Ultimate Madoka is also aware of the memories of all magical girls), Nigh-Omniscience otherwise (Still aware of everything mentioned beforehand, with the exception of the future of timelines such as the Magi-Reco universe and obsolete universes, such as where the Isolation Zone is)
Weaknesses: Destroying her Soul Gem would kill her immediately. As Doppel Kriemhild Gretchen, Madoka is actually asleep with the witch itself in full control | None notable
- Accidentally destroyed Mikihara City in the process of one-shotting Walpurgisnacht as a Magical Girl in the fourth timeline, which is exponentially weaker than the Final Timeline Madoka (At least Moon level, Attack Potency Feat)
- In the second timeline, Madoka was capable of deflecting Patricia's attacks.
- Parted a cloud looming over a city in the final timeline. (Island level and High Hypersonic+) Note how the intent was to send the arrows through time and space rather than anything combat related.
- The Law of Cycles constantly prevents Ultimate Kriemhild Gretchen from entering the multiverse
- Magical Staff: Essentially just strikes the enemy with Madoka's Staff.
- Super Staff: Charges up her staff to strike with even more damage than before.
- Twinkle Staff: Makes the staff huge, mowing down enemies in front of her.
- Magical Arrow: Fires an arrow that pierces through enemies.
- Spread Arrow: Fires an arrow that splits into multiple near the enemy.
- Twinkle Arrow: An amped version of the magical arrow, similar to the Twinkle Staff.
- Starlight Arrow: Fires a multitude of arrows in one direction, essentially a predecessor of the Magical Squall.
- Magical Squall / Puruwia ★ Magica: Originally shown in the final episode and the Homulily fight, she showers the sky with enough arrows to cover an entire city, Magia Record explains that it reduces the attack potency of those affected, and can restore the stamina of comrades. In the final timeline, however, it was shown that the arrows can travel through time and become duplicates of Madoka herself.
- Pluvia Neuer: Essentially Magical Squall but using her racket instead of a ball. It has a chance of inflicting 'Darkness' which will result in the opposing character losing their accuracy and having their weaknesses more exploitable.
- Combination Squall: Alongside Homura Akemi, Madoka can release a more potent version of her Magical Squall.
- Pannier Rocket: Madoka inflates her body and fires herself at her opponent like a rocket.
- Healing Light: A ray of light that can heal an ally.
- Purifying Light: A variation of Healing Light that gets rid of any negative status conditions.
- Gospel of Resurrection: Shown in A Different Story and in the PSP game, this technique resurrects a fallen comrade.
- Purification: Madoka has a chance of one-shotting her enemy with any ordinary attack.
- Memoria: Crystalized memories that grant abilities to the user, they can go through a "Max Limit Break" to become more potent. Having essentially experienced every timeline and viewed the entirety of the Magia Record one, she basically has all possible Memoria as Ultimate Madoka.
- Different Story: Rookies: Passively increases her magical reserves.
- Embrace Your Hopes and Dreams!: Grants Regeneration.
- Everlasting Light: Grants passive regeneration and negates power nullification.
- Gentle Sunlight: Passive Attack Potency boost.
- Girl's Boundary: Massive Attack Potency Boost.
- Girls with Glasses on a Date: Outside of game mechanics, it is unknown what this does.
- Keep This a Secret from Everyone!: Increases her magical reserves.
- Madoka's Notebook: Outside of game mechanics, it is unknown what this does.
- One More Story: Increases the Attack Potency and Durability of Madoka.
- Our Own Private Sea and the Sky: Gives a resistance towards Power Nullification and Statistics Reduction overall.
- Outing in Plain Attire: Passively grants Regeneration and Status Effect Inducement Resistance.
- Reliable Mami-senpai!: Passively increases attack potency when dealing physical attacks.
- Searching For a Ray of Hope: Passively increases attack potency when using magical attacks.
- A Short Rest: Gives Madoka a heighten resistance to curses and slight Regeneration.
- Splash Party!: Increases Attack Potency and decreases an enemy's attack potency.
- Summer Impact!?: Passively increases her attack potency but decreases her own durability.
- That's Not a Doll, Right?: Increases physical Attack Potency.
- To Hope: Chance to survive attacks that would normally have killed.
- A Universe-Colliding Dream Collaboration: Increases her attack potency and durability tremendously.
- Warm Christmas: Passively increases energy attacks' potency.
- Welcoming with Treats: Chance to create a fog when she attacks, passive.
- For this good day: Massively reduces the attack potency of the enemy.
- One step where the story starts: Same as Everyone Together.
- Hanetsuki Game: Gives Madoka a slow but effective regeneration.
- How Will Our Luck Be This Year?: Gives a heightened resistance to Paralysis Inducement.
- Weapon Creation: Most Puella Magi are capable of creating weapons out of thin air using their magic. While most select specific weapons, some with a heightened mastery of their abilities can create different weapons with their own minor capabilities.
- Telekinesis: On top of creating weapons, they can also control their weapons in the air and with no limit to how much at a time. The same applies to many weapons that they have enhanced.
- Puella Magi Physiology: Because their bodies no longer harbor a soul, they effectively act like flesh puppets that have no real impact on the 'essence' of a magical girl. According to several interviews and in-series showings, a magical girl can have all their blood drained from their body and still fight with little impairment, or have their head torn off or shot through and still walk just fine.
- Fusionism: When two opposing magical abilities (Like Fire Manipulation and Ice Manipulation) or opposing main abilities (Like a magical girl who wished for Creation and another who wished for Existence Erasure) combine their attacks, the result is an attack the multiplies in power. In addition, if two soul gems were to harbor the same body, the result can be them swapping control or fusing into one magical girl, albeit temporarily.
- Extrasensory Perception: Magical Girls were shown to be capable of detecting despair and magic from within their cities as well as being able to telepathically communicate with one another. As of Magia Record, it is shown that their abilities extend well into other cities and is not limited to emotions or magic.
- Doppel Witch Transformation: In the light of a new miracle, magical girls have now gained the ability to become a half-witch whenever their soul gem reaches maximum corruption, resulting in a Doppel Witch. Unlike normal witches, both the witch and the magical girl are in control of their respective bodies and in a short time will revert back into a magical girl. However, older magical girls have been stated to keep traits of their Doppel form even after reverting, and the same for magical girls who use the transformation for too long.
- Witch's Kiss: Allows the user to corrupt the enemy into despair and allows the user to manipulate the enemy. Used by her Doppel.
- False Paradise: The user absorbs the enemy into its body, creating a paradise suited for the enemy, this technique was stated in lore. This ability is caused passively the nature of Kriemhild Gretchen's body as well. Used by the Doppel as well.
- Barrier: The standard ability for most witches, the barrier is a small pocket universe that can greatly vary in terms of size made to protect the witch from the outside world, only accessible by magical girls or when witches allow access. They are based around the witch's former life's mental condition prior to dying and becoming a witch.
- Familiar Summoning: Another standard ability, a witch can summon several familiars (or create alongside the barrier) to fight on her behalf. If they absorb enough life energy, they can become duplicates of the witch itself.
- Reality Warping: A witch can manipulate reality to cause issues for their enemies. This has been shown from manipulating the outsides of the barrier to attack the enemy, preventing them from even entering, or manipulate unresistant enemies themselves. In the case of the Haregi Doppel, her reality warping is potent enough to grant a wish on such a massive scale, that every being in the entire planet would be crushed as a consequence.
- Pink Incubators: Ultimate Madoka would also later create Pink Incubators to monitor the Magia Record universe. She seemingly creates them for space where she cannot normally interact with.
Key: Magia Record | Final Timeline | Ultimate Madoka
Then she (through some paradox) destroyed her own future dark form. After that there was a complete reset of the causality of the world (as if former concepts and all related events never existed). Madoka herself became a conceptual entity (which means that it will take at least same level of power to destroy or rewrite the concept of Madoka).
However, Homura was not happy with the current state of affairs. So she gained the godlike power to rewrite the concept of Madoka and reset the world once again.
The Madokaverse includes 4-dimensional space. In Puella Magi Homura Tamura it was revealed that there are infinite universes.
|Discussion threads involving Madoka Kaname|