|“||If I prepare a thousand options, all I need is for one of them to work. So I make a habit of preparing anything and everything that shows any kind of promise. That's just how I work.||„|
|~ Urahara to Askin|
Kisuke Urahara (浦原 喜助, Urahara Kisuke) is the former captain of the 12th Division, as well as the founder and 1st President of the S.R.D.I.. His lieutenant was Hiyori Sarugaki. He lives in the Human World where he owns a small convenience store which sells Shinigami items. He is assisted by his employees Tessai Tsukabishi, Jinta Hanakari, and Ururu Tsumugiya.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 7-A, Unknown with Bankai
Name: Kisuke Urahara
Age: Over 100
Classification: Shinigami, Former Captain of the 12th Division
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Master Swordsman, Master Hand-to-Hand Combatant, Pseudo-Flight, Genius Intelligence, Healing, Spiritual Awareness (Can see invisible spirits and objects), Extrasensory Perception (Can sense beings with Reiatsu), Longevity, Stealth Mastery (With Reiatsu-Concealing Cloak), Can take his reiryoku and exert it as reiatsu, Statistics Amplification (Can use Shunpo to boost his speed), Portal Creation and Dimensional Travel (Can open portals and travel between dimensions), Duplication (With Portable Gigai), Forcefield Creation (With Chikasumi no Tate), Explosion Manipulation (With Hiasobi, Benihime, Juzutsunagi), Limited Power Nullification (With Tsuppane, Benihime), Energy Projection, Energy Absorption (With Hado 99), Regeneration (Low-Mid) via Bankai, and Can rewrite the structure of objects, Power Modification via Bankai, Paralysis (With Rikujōkōrō and Shitonegaeshi), Sealing, BFR (Shinigami can transfer the souls of the dead to either Soul Society or Hell depending on the deeds they've committed when they were alive), Soul Manipulation (Shinigami can directly damage souls with their Zanpakutō), Invisibility, Non-Physical Interaction (Can harm and interact with intangible spirits and objects), Overwhelming Aura (Spiritual pressure can passively induce ailments ranging from paralysis to fear inducement), Resistance to Soul Manipulation and Poison Manipulation (With Deathdealing Vaccine)
Attack Potency: At least Mountain level+ (On par with base Aizen, managed to pierce a partial Chrysalis Aizen with Jūgeki Byakurai. Aizen has stated that were it not for his fusing with the Hogyoku, Urahara could have potentially put him down for good), Unknown with Bankai (His Bankai ignores conventional durability)
Lifting Strength: Superhuman
Striking Strength: Mountain Class+
Durability: Mountain level+ (Took hits from a base and a partial Chrysalis Aizen)
Stamina: Very high. Is a very powerful combatant even by the standards of Captain level Shinigami. Significantly weaker characters can fight for days without rest and with injuries that would be fatal to even the hardiest of normal humans.
Range: Extended melee range normally, several hundred meters with Benihime's special abilities and certain Kido spells
Standard Equipment: His Zanpakutō, Benihime, Portable Gigai (a dummy with which he can switch places to avoid attacks)
Intelligence: Extraordinary Genius. Urahara is quite possibly the greatest genius in Soul Society's history, having invented numerous creations such as numerous Gigai variations, Tenshintai (which allowed a capable individual to achieve Bankai in a mere three days compared to the usual ten year period), and the infamous Hogyoku. Even the incredibly manipulative and calculating Aizen considers Urahara to be his intellectual superior. Aside from his incredible intellect, he is also a master of Hakuda, Zanjutsu, and Kido, the Shinigami hand-to-hand, sword-based, and magical combat styles. He can easily incapacitate an entire prison full of Soul Society's most dangerous criminals with his bare hands and comfortably clash with other Shinigami Captains and the Espada in a swordfight. His mastery of Kido is so great that he's invented several of his own spells and has opened barriers that Shinigami Captains could not. He is also a master of deception and strategy, admitting to Aizen that he planned and prepared for virtually every scenario within reason and hiding his intellect underneath a facade of frivolousness and cheery eccentricity.
Weaknesses: His sealing technique requires the target to be weakened for it to take full effect.
Shitonegaeshi: A pinning technique which subdues an opponent and immobilizes them on the ground using coercion alone, with Urahara suspending the tip of his cane just millimeters from their face after he has struck them down.
- Hōzuri: A simple but precise slash technique which is meant only to lightly graze and cause superficial wounds.
Shunpo: A Shinigami movement technique which allows the user to move faster than the eye can follow As speed is the main factor of the technique, the method is best characterized by how fast one can get from point A to point B in the least amount of steps.
Shikai Special Ability: Benihime is capable of performing a variety of crimson-colored energy techniques. Urahara can use these techniques of Benihime's with a variety of verbal commands that corresponds to its different abilities.
- Nake, Benihime: Kisuke fires a crimson blast at the arc of his sword swing. This can be charged for a greater effect.
- Chikasumi no Tate: This technique forms a hexagon-shaped crimson barrier in front of the blade for defensive purposes.
- Kamisori, Benihime: This technique fires an arc of energy that is capable of having it's direction changed post firing.
- Tsuppane, Benihime: After analyzing a technique's Reishi composition and the subject's muscle movements when they use the technique, by simply drawing a circle of energy with the edge of Benihime and timing it right, this technique can cancel out the enemy's attack at the point of contact.
- Shibari, Benihime: This technique creates a blood red net to bind an opponent and restrict their movements.
- Hiasobi, Benihime, Juzutsunagi: In conjunction with Shibari, Kisuke stabs the net, creating a chain explosion in the process.
Bankai: Kannonbiraki Benihime Aratame: Urahara's Bankai takes the form of a giant woman with dark, braided hair arranged in loops on her head and mannequin-like arm and wears a revealing robe.
- Bankai Special Ability: Kannonbiraki Benihime Aratame is capable of restructuring anything it touches for offensive purposes, such as slicing open whatever is in it's area of effect instantaneously or supportive purposes, such as restructuring limbs to hold greater strength than previously.
Kidō: Spells casted by Shinigami with strong enough Reiryoku and Reiryoku control. Kidō is divided into mainly three categories: Hadō for attacks, Bakudō for battle support and Kaidō for healing. The spells are ranking from 1-99 with 1 being the weaker and easier spells to cast and 99 being the most powerful and difficult to cast. Skilled users can cast Kidō without the need of an incantation; however, casting without incantation does reduce the Kidō's effectiveness less than a third of it's full potential
- Fūsatsu Kakei:: A Kidō where a pair of handcuffs appears on the target's palms, stopping the flow of their spiritual energy. This allows it to build up in the target's hands, which disrupts the flow of energy all around the their body, preventing them from properly using techniques involving it and eventually incinerating/detonating them from the inside if the energy isn't released.
- Shibireyubi: Replicating movements similar to Bakudō #1 Sai, the caster restricts the movements of the target.
- Bakudō #61: Rikujōkōrō: Upon pointing at their target, the caster generates 6 prongs of Reiatsu that close in on the target to immobilize them in place. It restricts all movements.
- Bakudō #63: Sajō Sabaku: The caster generates a chain of Reiatsu that wraps around the target to immobilize them.
- Bakudō #79: Kuyō Shibari: The caster generates eight orbs of continuous generation of Reiatsu around the target with a ninth on the target to immobilize them.
- Jūgeki Byakurai (Kaizō Kidō): A modified version of Hadō #4. Byakurai. Unlike its unmodified counterpart, this spell takes the appearance of a red beam powerful enough to pierce through a durable foe, such as Sōsuke Aizen, from a considerable distance.
- Hadō #32: Ōkasen: Fires a wide arc of energy using Kidō which can also be used as a distraction.
- Hadō #91: Senjū Kōten Taihō:The caster concentrates and injects the condensed Reiryoku into the target. The blast is magnificent enough to fill the whole sky and is much more powerful than an Arrancar's Gran Rey Cero.
- Hadō #99: Goryūtenmetsu: Five large pillars of light are generated around the caster composed of Reiatsu that resemble large dragons. A forbidden Kidō as it not only destroys the surroundings, it absorbs nearby Reiatsu to enhance itself.
Kyūjūrokkei Kakafūmetsu: An original spell, it impales the target from the inside out with cross-shaped pillars of light before solidifying and sealing the target within a vaguely star-shaped barrier.
Having founded the research institute in Soul Society, Kisuke has developed a number of unique items.
- Gigai Technology: a Gigai is an artificial body created to help broken souls to stabilize and restore their energy as well as enable Shinigami stationed in Human World to interact with Humans. Having experimented with Gigai at length, Urahara has created its many variations designed for various purposes.
- Energy-sucking Gigai: An untraceable Gigai which drains the user's spiritual power instead of restoring it, effectively making them Human if used long enough. It was developed for the purpose of hiding Hōgyoku forever and given to Rukia. Akon noted that this Gigai was so advanced that nobody in the current SRDI would have been able to create it.
- Portable Gigai: An inflatable variation used as a decoy in combat. With an adequate level of skill and right timing the user can fool even a high-level combatant like Aizen.
- Reiatsu-Concealing Cloak: Urahara has created a cloak which hides his spiritual pressure, which he used to sneak up on Aizen during the Hollowfication of the soon-to-be Visored and to sneak up on Ichigo after he lost his Fullbring. As demonstrated by Aizen, by incorporating Kidō into the cloak, it allows the wearer to blend in with the air around him, almost completely concealed from sight.
- Deathdealing Vaccine: A drug designed to counteract Askin Nakk Le Vaar's The Deathdealing. By injecting this into the person's skin at the point of contact from Askin's ability, the person will recover from the effects. As Kisuke noted, this formula is still underdeveloped, lasting only about 5 minutes and likewise does not make the person recover completely.
- Shunshin Chōhenge Activator: Knowing of Yoruichi's powerful transformation yet reluctance to use it because of its appearance, Kisuke created a special paper that once removing a tag will force the transformation.
Key: Past Urahara | Base | Thousand Year Blood War