|“||I have to work harder than anyone else to make it! I'll never catch up otherwise...! I want to be like you...! Like you. The strongest hero.||„|
|~ Izuku Midoriya to All Might|
|“||A smiling... dependable... cool hero... That's what I wanna be! That's why I'm giving it everything! For everyone!||„|
|~ Izuku Midoriya to Shoto Todoroki|
|“||Doesn't matter whether I can or can't... because heroes... Heroes stake their lives! Turning talk into action is what we do!!||„|
|~ Izuku Midoriya to Muscular|
Izuku Midoriya (緑谷出久 Midoriya Izuku) was one of the 20 percent of people on Earth to be born without a Quirk, a natural superpower that is a basic biological function in the modern population, earning him endless amounts of torment and bullying in school. Even still, he dreamed of becoming an amazing hero like his lifelong idol All Might, the No. 1 Hero in Japan. That impossible dream became a reality after a chance meeting with All Might, who granted Izuku his Quirk. Now on his path to becoming the greatest hero, Izuku fights atrocious villains, endless schoolwork, and his own inner demons to become a worthy successor to the Symbol of Peace.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 8-C, High 8-C with 5%, Low 7-B with 100% | High 8-C, High 8-C with 8%, 8-B with 20%, Low 7-B with 100% | High 8-C, 8-A with 30%, 7-C with 45%, 7-B with 100%
Name: Izuku Midoriya, "Deku" (Hero Name)
Origin: My Hero Academia
Age: 4 (First Appearance), 14 (Chapters 1 to 3), 15 (Chapters 3 to 98), 16 (Current)
Classification: Human, Hero-in-Training
Powers and Abilities:
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Skilled Hand-to-Hand Combatant, Acrobatics, Statistics Amplification (Can increase his strength, durability, and speed with One For All), Air Manipulation (Can generate air pressure with his attacks), Power Bestowal (Can give One For All to other people), Resistance to Mind Manipulation (Possesses a strong willpower that allowed him to overcome Shinso's Brainwashing) and Power Absorption (One For All cannot be forcibly taken)
All previous abilities, Analytical Prediction (Able to predict the movements of opponents much faster than him), Energy Manipulation (Can create dark tendrils of energy from his body using Blackwhip), Multiple Personalities (Can communicate with the vestiges of his predecessors), Pseudo-Flight (Can move through the air using wind pressure)
All previous abilities, Expert Hand-to-Hand Combatant (Outclassed Shigaraki in fighting technique. His kicking skills have greatly improved), Levitation (Able to suspend himself in mid-air with Float), True Flight (By combining Float with Air Force, Izuku is capable of flying with no restrictions), Rage Power (Can boost his power immensely in a fit of rage), Precognition (Has the ability to detect imminent crisis with Danger Sense)
Attack Potency: Building level+ (Superior to Shinso, whose punches can harm him. Considered his 5% only a small increase in power), Large Building level with 5% (Able to break a large steel pillar with a kick), Small City level+ with 100% (Destroyed a colossal metal structure with a punch) | Large Building level (After a whole year of hard training, he should be much stronger), Large Building level+ with 8% (Capable of injuring Nine, who survived a blast nearly a hundred meters in diameter), City Block level+ with 20% (Created an entire tornado with a mere shock wave), Small City level+ with 100% (Could break a barrier capable of resisting an attack of this magnitude) | Large Building level (Has increased his strength enough to be able to use higher percentages of One For All), Multi-City Block level with 30% (Far stronger than his 20%), Town level with 45% (Immensely more powerful than his 30%. Managed to restrain Shigaraki, who was only able to break free after attacking Izuku with a point-blank Air Cannon), City level with 100% (Stronger than his previous 100%)
Speed: Athletic Human (Was able to run on par with Bakugo until his explosions destabilized him) with Supersonic reactions and combat speed (Could react to and counteract Todoroki's ice attacks from a short range), Supersonic with 5% (Can dodge bullets), Hypersonic+ with 100% (Equal in speed to All Might) | Supersonic (Can move at these speeds) with Supersonic+ reactions and combat speed (Able to react and block an attack from Nine), Supersonic+ with 8% (According to Bakugo, Izuku in this state was way faster than his 5%), Hypersonic with 20% (Overhaul was surprised by Izuku's speed, stating that he could only dodge his attacks because they were too straightforward and easy to read. Far superior to Sir Nighteye, who couldn't keep up with Overhaul even while using his Foresight), High Hypersonic with 100% (Faster than his previous state) | Supersonic with Supersonic+ reactions and combat speed (Faster than in his fight against Shinso), Hypersonic with 30% (Superior to the speed of his 20%), Hypersonic+ with 45% (Outpaced Gran Torino and several other Pro Heroes), High Hypersonic with 100%
Lifting Strength: Peak Human (Before he even finished his training, he was able to lift All Might, who weighted 255 kilograms. Moved a small truck to the top of a trash mountain), Class 5 with 5% (Superior to Shoji, who is capable of exerting 540 kilograms of force with one hand), Class G with 100% (Pushed back a giant metal structure with a punch) | Class 1 (Comparable to Shinso, who could pull two large metal pipes out of their place), Class 10 with 8% (Lifted a steel beam with one arm. Can force open the jaws of an Orca), Class K with 20% (Crushed a rock with his bare hands), Class G with 100% | Class 5 (Stronger than before), Class M with 30% (Managed to momentarily yank Shigaraki), higher with 45% (Can fully restrain Shigaraki), Class G with 100%
Striking Strength: Building Class+, Large Building Class with 5%, Small City Class+ with 100% | Large Building Class, Large Building Class+ with 8%, City Block Class+ with 20%, Small City Class+ with 100% | Large Building Class, Multi-City Block Class with 30%, Town Class with 45%, City Class with 100%
Durability: Building level+ (Can withstand smashing himself into a wall with a 5% jump. Can take hits from a casual Gran Torino with or without Full Cowl 5%), Large Building level with 5% (Resisted being impacted by two large steel pillars. Managed to survive a fall that left a crater six meters wide on solid metal), Small City level+ with 100% (His right arm was able to endure a clash against Muscular for an extended period of time) | Large Building level+ (Took several attacks from Nine in his base state and kept fighting), higher with 8%, City Block level+ with 20%, Small City level+ with 100% | City Block level (More durable than before), Multi-City Block level with 30%, Town level with 45% (Capable of surviving a brutal elbow hit from Shigaraki. Withstood a point-blank Air Cannon from Shigaraki powerful enough to seriously damage Ryukyu's arms and knock her out), City level with 100%
Stamina: Very High. Izuku trains almost constantly, even doing calisthenics during class. He also possesses an iron will despite his timid demeanor, and will continue to fight for as long as he needs to. At the beginning of his career, he was still capable of thinking coherently with a broken arm and two broken legs, while falling at terminal velocity after hitting an Executor Bot. Later on, he was able to temporarily ignore the pain of using his maximum output of One For All many times, when a single use of 100% is enough to break all the bones in his arm, all while receiving a beating from Muscular. He regained his composure shortly after, being able to run from the top of a small mountain to his camp, and was still able to keep fighting until the crippling pain of his untreated wounds finally forced him to stop. He fought against Pixie-Bob's Earth Beasts for eight hours straight. He has shown to be able to use Full Cowl 100% for several minutes without any outside help, and has proven to be capable of completely ignoring the pain of his broken bones.
Range: Standard melee range, up to Tens of kilometers with One For All (Can generate air pressure of varying force and range depending on the power output. Can shatter huge boulders with 5% and 8%. Created a tornado hundreds of meters in size with 20%, and his 30% is even stronger. His 45% is capable of generating shock waves larger than multiple city blocks combined. Comparable to All Might with 100%, who can create storms) | Standard melee range, up to Tens of kilometers with One For All, Tens of meters with Blackwhip (Can cover part of a city block)
Standard Equipment: His Hero Costume, which was specially made by the Support Department to resist wear and provide support to his arms and legs, as well as protection to his face with its mouthguard. Costume Gamma has upgraded gloves that provide additional protection and support for his arms, along with Iron Soles attached to his red shoes that protect his feet and gives his kicks a double impact. Izuku later requests the Air Force Gloves from Hatsume that help him focus the air pressure released while using Full Cowl to utilize it as a compressed air blast.
- Optional Equipment: The Full Gauntlet is a support item developed by Melissa Shield and given to Izuku after she realized he was limiting his output of One For All. The device grants him the ability to use three smashes at 100% without hurting himself. Izuku first tested the Full Gauntlet at 30% while fighting with I-Island Security Bots. It was later destroyed at the climax of Izuku and All Might's battle against Wolfram.
Intelligence: Above Average. Izuku has proven himself to be exceptionally intelligent on many occasions. He has displayed keen skills of observation and analysis, coming up with a plan to escape dozens of fodder villains when trapped on a boat, and can often be found mumbling his notes and thoughts to himself. It's usually his intelligence that's helped him more than his Quirk. Gran Torino even complimented Izuku's intelligence, saying that Izuku is the kind of person who thinks before he acts. Izuku also possesses a borderline encyclopedic knowledge of heroes, villains, and the overall world he lives in, making him very resourceful as a result. His time at U.A. High School has helped him develop his own signature Shoot Style, allowing him to fight on par against villains with many years of combat experience. He has developed analytical abilities that allowed him to accurately predict the movements of Mirio, who was capable of easily outpacing the majority of Class 1-A. In recent events, he has also proven to be an exceptional strategist, having laid out an entire plan to lure in and defeat a group of villains who, individually, were far stronger than most of Class 1-A, a plan that ended up succeeding.
Weaknesses: Using 100% of One For All's power will break the bones of the limb it's used in, though he has shown that this doesn't really affect his movements due to his enormous stamina and pain resistance. Creating too many tendrils with Blackwhip decreases his control over the Quirk. Danger Sense takes a heavy toll on Izuku's mind and makes it difficult for him to stay conscious.
One For All: Izuku's Quirk gives him access to the stockpiled energy of the eight wielders before him, granting him an immense boost in power. Izuku has proven to be able to properly control a small percentage of One For All, using it to increase his strength, durability, and speed. However, if Izuku doesn't spread One For All evenly throughout his body, his limbs can be extremely injured by the force of his movements. In addition to the physical strength, One For All can also pass on the Quirks of the previous bearers, and the power of their Quirks is greatly enhanced. Izuku has manifested three of them and has the potential to learn and control three more Quirks.
- Detroit Smash: A super move that Izuku emulated from All Might after inheriting One For All. This attack is a simple punch focusing One For All's stockpiling power into the fist. It was powerful enough to smash through every floor of a multi-story building and bust a hole in the roof while generating a wind pressure so strong that it shifted debris on the top floor and destroyed several of its supporting pillars.
- Delaware Smash: Izuku activates One For All at full power and flicks his fingers to create a large shock wave, with enough power to generate a fissure in the water capable of attracting multiple villains towards its center, making them unable to escape. It was later used against Todoroki to break through the waves of ice he sent to Izuku during the Sports Festival.
- Delaware Smash Air Force: Izuku uses his upgraded gloves to direct a compressed air blast against his foe, possessing enough concussive force to stun Gentle while he was in mid-air, giving Izuku an opening to catch up to him. He can fire up to four air blasts at once.
- 1,000,000% Delaware Detroit Smash: This smash is the strongest move in Izuku's arsenal, which consists of him activating One For All at 100% during an adrenaline rush and then striking his opponent with a full-swing attack. When performing the move, Izuku first uses a full-handed Delaware Smash, then delivers a devastating Detroit Smash. At the climax of his battle with Muscular, Izuku was able to overpower and throw his opponent strong enough to create an enormous crater in solid rock.
- Wyoming Smash: Izuku draws out 100 percent of his power into his arm, then proceeds to strike down his opponent on the head, creating an extremely powerful shock wave as a result. This technique was first used against Shigaraki during the war on the Paranormal Liberation Front.
- Texas Smash: Izuku puts a great amount of power into his fist and then throws a right punch with enough force that the wind pressure covers part of a city. It was first used against Shigaraki in order to overcome his regenerative abilities.
One For All: Full Cowl: This technique allows him to activate normally up to 45% (originally 5%, which was then improved to 8% and 20%, and later to 30%) of One For All throughout his body, letting the energy flow through him instead of concentrating it in a single place. Activating this technique gives him enhanced strength, speed, and mobility. It also prevents him from breaking his bones whenever he uses One For All. However, he is capable of using Full Cowl up to 100% at the cost of enormous damage to his body.
- One For All: Full Cowl - 30%: After his arduos training with All Might and Endeavor, Izuku manage to increase his limit of One For All to 30% through his whole body, granting him even more power than his 20%. Izuku first used this level of One For All on his arm with the help of the Full Gauntlet.
- One For All: Full Cowl - 45%: This ability allows Izuku to utilize 45% of One For All through his body, increasing the amount of power at his disposal to a much greater extent, and granting him strength far beyond what his 20% has shown. He uses this ability along with 30%, and draws on 45% at the moment of impact.
- One For All: Full Cowl - 100%: Izuku activates One For All to its fullest extent through his entire body, granting him a tremendous boost in strength and speed, which allowed him to overwhelm Overhaul in his final form. He was able to use this ability in his battle against Nine without needing the help of Eri's Quirk.
One For All: Full Cowl - Shoot Style: A variation of Full Cowl that Izuku developed to address the problem of his increasingly damaged arms. He channels the power of One For All primarily into his legs and lower torso, allowing him to use their natural greater power to improve his striking strength and agility when attacking his opponents.
- Manchester Smash: Izuku leaps into the air and flips forward to bring down an axe kick upon his opponent. Although Overhaul managed to dodge it, it pulverized the ground thoroughly enough that Overhaul wasn't able to completely retaliate using his Quirk.
- St. Louis Smash: Izuku propels himself off the ground into the air before swinging to perform a roundhouse kick to his opponent's face. Izuku first used this move to incapacitate Gentle, who had been empowered by La Brava's Quirk to match Izuku's Full Cowl.
- St. Louis Smash Air Force: Izuku performs his signature St. Louis Smash using 45% of One For All's full output, firing a huge shockwave the size of city blocks. Izuku first used this technique to stop Shigaraki's Decay from spreading through the area.
Blackwhip: This Quirk gives Izuku the ability to create tendrils of dark energy from his body and control them at will. It can be used to capture enemies and increase maneuverability by grabbing onto objects. Izuku is also able to wrap tendrils around his forearm as a sort of recoil buffer to counter the enormous power of his 100% attacks. Blackwhip originally belonged to the fifth successor of One For All, Daigoro Banjo.
- Blackwhip - Froppy Style: Izuku mimicks Asui's style by using Blackwhip from his mouth, moving around with great agility and mobility even if all his limbs are completely unusable. He first used this technique to protect Todoroki from Dabi's attack.
Float: This Quirk allows Izuku to suspend himself in mid-air, and together with Air Force it grants him the ability to fly without restrictions. Izuku first manifested Float in his fight against Shigaraki and used it alongside Blackwhip in order to save multiple Pro Heroes and classmates from his Decay. Float was the Quirk of the seventh bearer of One For All, Nana Shimura.
Danger Sense: This Quirk was wielded by the fourth user of One For All, and was inherited by Izuku. It allows Izuku to detect an imminent danger by warning him with a stabbing sensation in his head. Danger Sense takes a huge toll on Izuku's mind and has yet to be properly trained.
Key: U.A. Beginnings Saga | Joint Training Arc | Paranormal Liberation War Arc
|Discussion threads involving Izuku Midoriya|