Immersion is an ability which allows one to cross the boundary between fiction and reality and enter the imaginary locations depicted in books, paintings, movies etc. The places and time periods accessed through this ability are conceptual, as in they do not exist in reality, but users of this ability can still interact with and explore them like they can any place in the real world.
- Entering a story book and becoming part of the story described in it.
- Jumping through a painting as if it was an open window and landing in whatever place that was drawn on it.
- Entering a Television and inserting oneself into the plot of the currently airing show.
- Entering a mirror and interacting with the reflection of objects.
- User can retrieve weapons or other useful tools from a fictional story.
- User can evade their enemies by entering a painting and leaving no way for others to follow them.
- User can trap someone inside a mirror, painting, story book etc. And effectively incapacitate them.
Users often need a medium which displays/describes the time and place that they want to jump into. The medium serves as a gateway into the fiction, without which, the user may not be able to make their entry at all.