Hakumen no Mono is an extremely powerful, silver nine-tailed fox born from ancient times who enjoys destroying countries by manipulating the rulers and creating fear among humans and yokai. Currently, it is trapped in an immense psychic barrier maintained by a lineage of lady shamans under the sea south of Japan. However, this does not keep it completely helpless and plots to destroy the Beast Spear before it finally escapes from its imprisonment.
Each of the nine tails has specific abilities and can spawn various minion yokai and avatars, that can phase through the barrier to do its bidding. The avatars of Hakumen no Mono are some of the strongest monsters ever faced by the protagonists.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 6-C
Name: Hakumen no Mono
Origin: Ushio & Tora
Age: Over 2,000
Classification: Demon Fox
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Body Control, Avatar Creation, Memory Manipulation, Mind Control (via Mini-Yokais), Absorption, Fear Manipulation, Ice Manipulation via Cold Aura, Fire-Breathing, Energy Projection, Lightning Generation, Wind Generation, Can cause Extreme Weather Phenomena, Regeneration (High-Mid), Immortality (Types 1 and 3), Invisibility, Flight, Possession, Summoning, Large Size (Type 1), Attack Reflection, Acid Manipulation, Poison Manipulation.
Lifting Strength: Class E (Supported the entire weight of Japan on its 9 tails for over 2,000 years - without him, it would sink into the ocean).
Striking Strength: At least Island Class
Stamina: Extremely High
Range: Country (China/Japan)
Standard Equipment: None notable
Intelligence: Extremely high, being able to plot ingenious plans to take over various kingdoms
Weaknesses: Purely sadistic in nature, relishes in the pain and despair of any form
- Casually Busting an Island and did it again afterwards just for fun
Hakumen no Mono is a being that thrives off of the fear of both Humans and Yokai the more that grows the more powerful it becomes and A.K.A. everybody is afraid of him
- Hiyō: Small yōkai minions spawned from Hakumen that looks like a flying eyeball with ears. They can combine together to form a stronger entity or attack en masse in huge numbers. They are also capable of eating specific memories in humans and bakemono alike.
- Kuragi: A giant cricket-like monster that easily broke through the protective barrier of the Kouhamei Sect Main Headquarters. Possesses razor sharp claws and body that can reflect standard attacks.
- Black Horde: Powerful clones created using Guren as the base. Therefore, resembling black Azafuse.
- Cataclysmic Destruction: With a swing of one of its tails it can create tornadoes the size of a city, earthquakes or tsunamis.
- Evil Youki: Its aura is literally so "cold" that it froze several miles of the ocean surrounding it.
- Energy Blasts: Launches it's Youki out in the form of a powerful mouth blast that has the potential to obliterate an island.
- Fire & Lightning: Like all Azafuse, it could also use fire and lightning attacks on the same scale as the aforementioned Youki blasts. It could even fire crystalline spikes from its tail and combine them with its tornadoes to create a maelstrom of blades. He can create several of these attacks at once for massive environmental damage.