Gouken (ゴウケン 剛拳, Gōken) "Constitutionality", "Strong Fist", is a playable character in the Street Fighter series. He is Ryu's adoptive father, Ryu and Ken's martial arts master, Dan's former master as well as Akuma's older brother.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 7-B, likely higher
Origin: Street Fighter
Classification: Human with The Power of Nothingness
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Can use chi/ki to attack and boost his stats (The Power of Nothingness), Expert martial artist, Electricity Manipulation(via Denji Hadoken), Resistance to Soul Manipulation via The Power Of Nothingness (He was unaffected by Akuma's Shun Goku Satsu).
Speed: Massively Hypersonic+ (He fought and dodged attacks from Akuma)
Lifting Strength: Class 100
Striking Strength: At least City Class, likely higher
Durability: At least City level, likely higher
Stamina: Very high
Range: Standard melee range. Tens of kilometers with projectiles.
Standard Equipment: None notable
Weaknesses: Though Gouken is genuinely powerful, he tends to be a passive fighter.
Intelligence: Gifted (Has extended knowledge of philosophy)
- Gohadoken: Launches a powerful Hadoken. Gouken can launch his at varying angles, depending on the strength of the punch button, and can charge up to make it a two-hit projectile. The EX version has him fire two, with one acting as an anti-air, and the other traveling normally.
- Tatsumaki Gorasen: Gouken performs a strong and vertical Tatsumaki.
- Senkugoshoha: Gouken glides forward along the ground on a zen-state one-legged stance (not unlike the parent technique) and strikes with an underhand palm.
- Kongoshin: Gouken will "parry" an incoming attack.
- Power of Nothingness: The Power of Nothingness is a state of consciousness transcending ordinary perspective, born through spiritual and mental refinement. Bearing common traits with states of being within Buddhism and martial arts, it is the power to act without being attached to emotions and thought, free of fear, anger, and ego, to draw upon the contents of one's heart intuitively without obstacle and hesitation, and to be aware of the world and to know one's place and meaning within its vastness, to flow with all of creation without the need of worry, desire, and doubt.
- Forbidden Shoryuken: The Forbidden Shoryuken is simply a multi-hitting Shoryuken.
- Shin Shoryuken: The user strikes the opponent very hard in the midsection (via elbow or punch), and then performs a high-damage Shoryuken.
- Denjin Hadoken: This Hadoken is particularly unique in the fact that it can be charged to determine a number of hits, damage and stun it will inflict on the opponent.