For detailed information about this series, visit the Gojipedia.
- 1 Summary
- 2 Main Eras of the Series
- 3 Series
- 4 Information
- 5 Calculations
- 6 Supporters/Opponents/Neutral
- 7 Character Profiles
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Discussions
The Godzilla series is a kaiju franchise made by Toho. It features Godzilla, Rodan, Mothra, King Ghidorah, and many others. Like most franchises, Godzilla has several different continuities and spawned many comics, mangas, games, TV shows, etc., so, the canon can be confusing.
Note: Within versus threads, the original poster should specify which incarnation of Godzilla or any other Kaiju that is being used.
Main Eras of the Series
- This verse is very powerful as it has several broken abilities and ranges widely in power, very often there are characters who are planetary threats, there are also casual planet, star and multi-solar system busters. The God tiers of the verse are characters from shared universes like Mothra, who sits comfortably at Multiverse level being ranked among the strongest monsters who are capable of destroying entire multiverses with ease. However in the Netflix anime trilogy, King Ghidorah (Anime) is a 4th dimensional being who's mere presence distorts space and time itself, who cannot be 'killed' on the 3-D level and will eventually devour the entire universe if not more as one of the strongest in-verse characters.
- Godzilla himself has several impressive feats such as battling Thor and the God of Thunder comparing him to the World Serpent, placing Godzilla at Solar System level, also reacting to and shooting a comet carrying Monster X/Kaiser Ghidorah while it was still in space, tanking an absolute zero blast, surviving as nothing but a beating heart, and moving the Earth's tectonic plates from the indirect force of Heisei Godzilla and Larva Battra's battle.
- For a thread detailing the power of many beings in the verse, click in this Tier List.
- Showa Continuity: City level to Small Country level between the Original Godzilla movie, Zone Fighter and Destroy All Monsters.
- Heisei Continuity: Continent level during Godzilla vs. Biollante, reaching even Planet level during Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah and higher into Planet level during the sequels.
- Rebirth of Mothra Continuity: Below Average level to Planet level.
- TriStar Continuity: Street level to Island level.
- Godzilla 2000 Continuity: Small Country level.
- Godzilla vs. Megaguirus Continuity: Street level to Island level.
- GMK Continuity: Town level.
- Kiryu Saga: Building level to Multi-Continent level.
- Final Wars Continuity: Small Country level to Multi-Continent level.
- Shin Continuity: Wall level to Town level.
- Anime Trilogy: Wall level to possibly Universe level+.
- The Godzilla Power Hour: Wall level to Large Planet level.
- Godzilland: Athlete level to Wall level.
- Godzilla Island: Building level to Multi-Continent level.
- Godziban: Wall level.
- A Space Godzilla: Building to City level.
- Random House: Large Country level.
- Other Books: Small Building level to Small Country level.
- Kodansha: Small Building level to Planet level.
- Shogakukan: Large Building level to Planet level.
- The Godzilla Comic: City Block level to Large Mountain level.
- Other Mangas: Building level+.
- Marvel Comics: At least Large Planet level.
- Dark Horse Comics City level.
- IDW Publishing Town level to Large Planet level.
- Super Godzilla: Island level.
- The Movie Monster Game: Small Town level.
- G-Trading Battle: City level
- G-Generations: City Block level to Small Town level.
- Atari Saga: Moon level to Planet.
- G-Defense Force: Building level to Multi-Continent level
- Crossovers: Multi-Solar System level to Multiverse level.
Godzillaverse has some notable striking strength feats, as they are capable of destroying Mountains and beyond with their physical attacks. The verse's levels range from Below Average Class on the lower ends, to Multiversal on higher ends. Characters had high lifting strength feats, that range from Below Average Human on the lower ends, to Class Y on higher ends.
Ranges from Superhuman to Supersonic+ movement speed, with FTL reactions and combat speed, and MFTL+ speed feats. Several monsters (such as Showa King Ghidorah) are confirmed to have FTL flight speed
While all the monsters are physical powerhouses, there are also several broken abilities including Time Travel, Spatial Manipulation, Transmutation, Teleportation, Soul Manipulation, Telepathy, Precognition, Resurrection, and Life-Force Absorption, Intangibility, Large Size, Immortality, Higher-Dimensional Existence, Intangibility, Incorporeality, Reality Warping, Darkness Manipulation, Portal Creation, Dimensional Travel, Black Holes, Gravity Manipulation, Spatial Manipulation, Time Manipulation, Weather Manipulation, Flight, Electricity Manipulation, Body Control, Attack Reflection, Energy Manipulation among others.
Humanity and alien races had developed High level technology that includes spaceships to travel between the solar system, time machines, mental control machines, armament capable of hurting the kaiju such as the hyper maser cannons, chemical weapons that can destroy entire cities at molecular level like the Oxygen Destroyer and finally the definitive weapons known as Mechas to fight the Kaiju. The technology of alien races ranges from weapons able to hurt the kaiju to being able to destroy Large Planets such as Peaceland with ease.
- Kaiju: Kaiju (怪獣 kaijū) is a Japanese word that literally means "strange beast" and is usually translated as "monster" in English. Traditionally, kaiju can refer any sort of strange creature, but in recent times the word has become associated with a genre of tokusatsu entertainment, specifically Japanese cinema that involved giant monsters. The most powerful kaiju are at times advertently referred to as daikaiju (大怪獣 daikaijū) the prefix dai- emphasizing great power or status and is usually translated as "giant monster."
- Mecha: Mechas are typically depicted as humanoid mobile robots. The term was first used in Japanese (meka) after shortening the English loanword mekanikaru ('mechanical'), but the meaning in Japanese is more inclusive, and "robot" (robotto) or "giant robot" is the narrower term.
- Keizer: A Kaiser, also spelled as Keizer, is an extremely rare type of mutant who is granted additional powers due to the fusion of M-base and human DNA. In addition to the standard mutant abilities of superhuman strength, heightened reflexes, superior coordination and increased agility, Kaisers are able to control any other life-form by telepathic means if that organism has M-base.
- Shobijin: Are tiny twin priestesses of Mothra who first appeared in the 1961 film, Mothra. They have been featured in nearly all of the character's film appearances since, as well as in several comics and video games. While their names and portrayals have varied over the years, Mothra's Shobijin act as her link to humanity, interceding on her behalf with the rest of the world. The Shobijin can telepathically communicate with Mothra and translate her messages, and often sing in order to summon her or pray for her aid.
- Mutants: are the genetic descendents of both humans and Xiliens. They were trained as a form of highly elite soldiers by the EDF under Commander Kumasaka. In Godzilla: Final Wars, all but Ozaki (and later Kazama) fell under the control of X. The most notable Mutant is Ozaki, who used his Keizer Energy to revive Godzilla.
- Zone Fighter canonicity to Godzilla's Showa era
- Godzilla's novels pages translation
- Godzilla vs. Mothra (1993) Dialogue Translation
- Godzilla vs. Mothra manga feats
- Godzilla: The Series and Nuclear Explosion-Induced Storms
- Godzilla multipliers translation blog
- Godzilla Monster Planet Anime Timeline
- Godzilla's Infinite Spiral Heat Ray
- King Ghidorah Anime Explanation
- Original Godzilla's GPE 1.19 tons tnt (Building level+)
- Shin Godzilla's 4th form KE 12.93 tons tnt (City Block level)
- Megalon Bursts out the ground 14.39 tons tnt (City Block level)
- Godzilla walking through buildings 15.05 tons tnt (City Block level)
- SMG-IInd Autodestruction 162.28575 tons TNT (Multi-City Block level )
- Godzilla Generations feats 203.920 tons TNT (Multi-City Block level)
- Godzilla 98 smashes through the MetLife building 332.026 tons TNT (Multi-City Block level)
- Godzilla vaporizes some hills 995 tons TNT (Multi-City Block level+)
- Godzilla destroys 2 Skyscrapers 1,420 tons TNT (Small Town level)
- Shin Godzilla vaporizes buildings 15.15 kilotons (Town level)
- Gigan shook Hollywood 657.1104 Kt (Large Town level+)
- Showa Godzilla survives Letchi Island explosion 1.53 Megatons (Small City Level)
- Godzilla fell from orbit 2.86 Megatons (Small City Level)
- Godzilla 2000 destroys Hyper Orga 3.28 Megatons (Small City level)
- Original Godzilla Atomic Breath power outpout 11 Megatons (City level)
- Godzilla tanks a nuclear explosion 60.24 Megatons (City level)
- Hokkaido's restoration 62.5 Megatons (City level)
- Godzilla Breach Point 206.34 Megatons (Mountain level)
- Godzilla, Sea Boiling 705.58 megatons (Mountain level)
- Godzilla shakes an underground city 2.37 Gigatons (Large Mountain level+)
- King Ghidorah lifewiping Venus 3.92 Gigatons (Large Mountain level+)
- Bagan destroys Tokyo 4.6 Gigatons (Island level)
- Gorosaurus jump 11.59 Gigatons (Island level)
- GMK Godzilla's Atomic Breath power 31.28 Gigatons (Island level)
- Godzilla The Series Atomic Breath feat 38.81 Gigatons (Island level)
- Godzilla Jr. survives Birth Island explosion 64.5 Gigatons (Island level+)
- King Ghidorah sook Venus 882.81 Gigatons (Large Island level+)
- Millennian UFO KE 2.06 Teratons (Small Country level)
- Godzilla's Blue Spiral Ray 5.064 Teratons (Small Country level)
- Mysterian Nuclear Weapon 16.98 Teratons (Country level)
- SpaceGodzilla absorbs a dying star Petatons (Multi-Continent level)
- Oxygen Destroyer 23.47 Petatons (Multi-Continent level)
- Godzilla Red Spiral Ray 58.57 Petatons (Multi-Continent level)
- King Ghidorah's prism absorbs the Sun energy 90.822 Petatons (Multi-Continent level)
- Godzilla supercharged the Solar Beam Cannon 95 Petatons (Multi-Continent level)
- Kiryu's Absolute Zero Cannon 109.24 Petatons (Multi-Continent level)
- Young Godzilla Earth vaporized the Bay of Bengal 642.831 Petatons (Multi-Continent level)
- SpaceGodzilla's Crystals damage the Earth 126.175 Exatons (Moon level)
- Desghidorah absorbs the bio mass of a planet 5 Zettatons (Small Planet level)
- Mothra diverts a meteor 267.643 zettatons (Planet level)
- Godzilla's Overpowered a Spaceship magnetic field 345 Yottatons (Large Planet level)
- Godzilla's Meltdown 2.6 Ninatons (Large Planet level)
- Godzilla destroys a meteorite 8 Ninatons (Large Planet level)
- Godzilla destroys Gorath 76 Ninatons (Dwarf Star level)
- Heisei Godzilla walking Speed 69.22 m/s (Subsonic)
- Showa Godzilla Atomic Breath Speed Mach 3.79 (Supersonic+)
- Heisei Godzilla Atomic Breath speed Mach 36.4 (High Hypersonic)
- Mothra flight Speed Mach 222 (Massively Hypersonic)
- Mysterians flight Speed 0.14 c (Massively Hypersonic+)
- Godzilla's atomic breath Speed 0.119C (Relativistic)
- SpaceGodzilla's Speed 34.59c (FTL+)
- Massively FTL King Ghidorah 326.86c (Massively FTL)
- Godzilla travels from Planet Nova-10 to the Moon on a day 1,548.66c (Massively FTL+)
- Godzilla reacts to UFOs 179,122.6c (Massively FTL+)
- Gigan, Exo-Atmospheric Travel 281,910,000c (Massively FTL+)
- Gigan + King Ghidorah, Deep Space 640,700,000c (Massively FTL+)
- Gravitational Potential Energy of different Godzilla kaiju Varies between characters
Godzilla: The Series
Main SeriesGodzilla In Hell Rage Across Time Oblivion The Half-Century War
Vehicles, Races and Weapons
|Discussion threads involving Godzilla (Universe)|