|“||The weak have no rights! They don't get to make choices! All they can do is be relentlessly crushed by the strong! Now maybe the demon knows a way to cure your sister. But don't think for a moment that any one of them is going to respect your wishes! Just like I have no respect for you. That's the reality.||„|
|~ Giyuu Tomioka to Kamado Tanjirou|
|“||I am angry now. There's a searing pain in my back. Great job blasting me all the way back there, Upper Moon Three.||„|
|~ Giyuu to Akaza|
Giyuu Tomioka (冨とみ岡おか 義ぎ勇ゆう Tomioka Giyū) is a Demon Slayer and the Water Pillar of the Demon Slayer Corps.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 8-C, at most 8-B with Demon Slayer Mark
Name: Giyuu Tomioka
Origin: Kimetsu no Yaiba
Powers and Abilities:
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Weapon Mastery, Acrobatics, Perception Manipulation (Breath users can create seemingly elemental effects), Martial Arts, Pressure Points (Knocked out demon Nezuko with a chop to her neck), Body Control, Regeneration (Low. With breathing, one can stop hemorrhages), Power Nullification (With Lull, all attacks turn to nothing within his space), Absorption (Nichirin Blades absorb sunlight), Statistics Amplification (With Dragon of Change, each attack grows stronger. Breaths increase the strength of humans to match Demons), Regeneration Negation (High-Mid), Analytical Prediction (Sensed what technique Tanjirou was going to use by his slightest movement), Rage Power (Matched Akaza whilst angry)
Resistance to Fire Manipulation, Water Manipulation, Heat Manipulation (Demon Slayer Corps Garbs protect against fire, water and cold), Fear Manipulation, Paralysis Inducement (Withstood Rui’s aura. His aura was implied to be similar to Shinobu’s, which caused intense shuddering and lack of air. Also is resistant to Muzan's aura that made Akaza bleed and paralyzed him in fear), Air Manipulation, Confusion (Should take the same training as Tanjirou as he's also Sakonji's Urokodaki's student and Tanjirou trained in a mountain with little air for a year, and survived in a bog, despite the confusion and dizziness he must have experienced)
Attack Potency: At least Building level (Comparable to Base Sanemi in a sparring. Parried an attack and somewhat kept up with Akaza), at most City Block level+ with Demon Slayer Mark (Should be comparable to Marked Sanemi. Parried casual attacks from Muzan alongside Gyomei, Sanemi, and Obanai)
Striking Strength: At least Building Class, at most City Block Class+ with Demon Slayer Mark
Stamina: Very high. Comparable to Tanjirou, who could fight for a week with barely enough human necessities. Likely took Urokodaki's training, which involved training in a mountain with low air, and constant traps. Fought Akaza despite being heavily injured for some time, only passing out from exhaustion after he was dead. Ran anyway from Tanjirou for three days.
Range: Extended melee range
Standard Equipment: A katana, Demon Slayer Garb
- Optional Equipment: Rope
Intelligence: Above average (Created his own Form within the Breath of Water Style)
Weaknesses: None notable.
- First Style: Water Surface Slice (壱いちノ型かた 水みな面も斬ぎり Ichi no kata: Minamo giri): A single concentrated slash
- Second Style: Water Wheel (弐にノ型かた 水みず車ぐるま Ni no kata: Mizu guruma): Giyu jumps and spins his body while slashing.
- Third Style: Dance of the Rapid Current (参さんノ型かた 流りゅう流りゅう舞まい San no kata: Ryūryū mai): Giyu swings his blade at his opponent in a way that mimics the movement of waves on the surface of water.
- Fourth Style: Striking Tide (肆しノ型かた 打うち潮しお Shi no kata: Uchishio): The swordsman makes multiple consecutive slashes while twisting their body in a flowing fashion similar to a harsh tide.
- Fifth Style: The Merciful Rain of a Dry Day (伍ごノ型かた 干かん天てんの慈じ雨う Go no kata: Kanten no jiu): A "sword strike of kindness" that kills the target with little to no pain. Used when the enemy surrenders.
- Sixth Style: Twisting Whirpool (陸ろくノ型かた ねじれ渦うず Roku no kata: Nejire uzu): Giyu fiercely twists his upper and lower body, which creates a whirlpool that cuts anything caught in it.
- Seventh Style: Piercing Rain Drop: A swift and accurate stab. The fastest Breath of Water technique.
- Eight Style: Waterfall Jar (捌はちノ型かた 滝たき壷つぼ Hachi no kata: Takitsubo): Giyu cuts the target vertically.
- Ninth Style: Water Splash (玖くノ型かた 水すい流りゅう飛沫しぶき Ku no kata: Suiryū shibuki): Minimizes the landing time and surface needed when landing, allowing the user to move without limits. Ideal when fighting in a place with no solid foothold.
- Tenth Style: The Dragon of Change: A continuous attack that increases in power with each rotation, creating a strong slash.
- Eleventh Style: Lull (拾じゅう壱いちノ型かた 凪なぎ Jū Ichi no kata: Nagi): A technique that was created by Giyu himself. He engages a skill that disables and nullifies incoming attacks. However, its effectiveness is limited as fast, and numerous attacks can break through.